New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » iiPunch - Monk Guide
iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 54 55 56 ... 363 364 365
By pchan 2013-10-31 12:50:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Otronif with crits are generally better than DA for TP, I showed this a few weeks ago, so it's better to TP & WS with crit augment (also for VS crit is even better as the crit affects all hits).

Hands/legs/feet seem best in slot for VS when augmented with crit. Body best in slot outside of impetus af3+2 during impetus). Unless you get gil easy though like myself it might be best to wait for gear upgrade.
By pchan 2013-11-01 03:51:50
Link | Quote | Reply

small study on glanzfaust from the other thread :

going with the assumption of
D 107, skill +228 on glanzfaust because they said they'd give them 228 skill and because spharai has to be D>=108 to match oatixur, and also because glanzfaust used to have the same D has spharai (minus 1).

impetus up and AM1 : with good buffs (beserk, 4 songs bard, haste), glanzfaut is only 1.4% behind vere thanks to victory smite (not using focus augment).

impetus down and AM1 : with good buffs (beserk, 4 songs bard, haste), glanzfaut is only 6% behind vere (not using focus augment).

Now during AM3
impetus up : it's 22% better than vere , impetus down : 16% better

You get the idea. Keep in mind that you need to stop using VS 40 seconds before the end of AM3 and that you have to use ascetic for another round of AM3.
 Shiva.Arana
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Arana1
By Shiva.Arana 2013-11-01 05:01:15
Link | Quote | Reply

pchan said: »
small study on glanzfaust from the other thread :

going with the assumption
[+]
By pchan 2013-11-02 14:43:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Also it looks like uk'uxkaj cap > whirlpool for victory smite. So it's best TP+WS piece atm.
By Zoltar 2013-11-02 16:04:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Also it looks like uk'uxkaj cap > whirlpool for victory smite. So it's best TP+WS piece atm.

I'd argue that if you full-time the whirlpool vs uk'uxkaj, for tp/ws, you will do more dmg over time with whirpool even with victory smite factored in.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2013-11-02 16:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Then you'd argue incorrectly.
[+]
By Zoltar 2013-11-02 16:19:22
Link | Quote | Reply

All the arguments supporting those theories assume full buffs, capped stats and capped haste and impetus up.

I'm saying its all based on assuming a perfect scenario which rarely happens.

And in before I'm told I don't play with the right people.
By pchan 2013-11-02 16:20:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Zoltar said: »

I'd argue that if you full-time the whirlpool vs uk'uxkaj, for tp/ws, you will do more dmg over time with whirpool even with victory smite factored in.

Unless acc sucks, nope. Also the best Ws gear I found is the following (impetus)

Tantra Tathlum
Uk'uxkaj
Nefarious
Bladeborn
Steelflash
Tantra +2
Otronif 2crit
Rajas
Epona
Rancor Max
Caudata
Otronif 2crit
Otronif 2crit
 Shiva.Onorgul
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2013-11-02 17:53:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Why are you having that discussion at all? Based on the past several updates, it is virtually guaranteed that something better than both Uk'uxkaj and Whirlpool will come out alongside the changes to weaponskill availability. This kind of wankery is about as meaningful as figuring out what the best Tornado Kick set would be if you were arbitrarily capped at level 83.

I'll bet the same follows for Otronif, too. It was so ridiculous of SE to release a set that takes minutes to acquire and stomps all over everything else available (exaggeration for the sake of effect) that I would be shocked if they don't release another set that is even stronger still. I'll be laughing for weeks if it is somehow the updated Temple set, but I know it won't be since they only want to bring it up to the same iLevel as RUN/GEO sets.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-11-02 18:00:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I like the whole "This is best cause I said so, now let me find some obscure situation that proves my point" stance Pchan likes to take on this kind of stuff. Definitely entertaining.
[+]
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2013-11-03 21:54:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
Why are you having that discussion at all? Based on the past several updates, it is virtually guaranteed that something better than both Uk'uxkaj and Whirlpool will come out alongside the changes to weaponskill availability. This kind of wankery is about as meaningful as figuring out what the best Tornado Kick set would be if you were arbitrarily capped at level 83.

I'll bet the same follows for Otronif, too. It was so ridiculous of SE to release a set that takes minutes to acquire and stomps all over everything else available (exaggeration for the sake of effect) that I would be shocked if they don't release another set that is even stronger still. I'll be laughing for weeks if it is somehow the updated Temple set, but I know it won't be since they only want to bring it up to the same iLevel as RUN/GEO sets.

While this may be true it's not like we'll have most of the new gear the instant the update hits. I'd rather be prepared with current best set for a WS than to not have anything for it at all.

EDIT: Of course SE could make all of this work pointless by making the WS unlocking difficult....
 Shiva.Onorgul
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2013-11-03 22:01:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I anticipated that objection, Ali, but it looks like your edit caught what my immediate riposte would've been.

Besides, even if they made a set of gear that took the time that Manibohzo took while similarly making it a 30-minute process to get Victory Smite off your Verethragna, are you really going to worry meaningfully about what the best --transitional-- gear is? In my experience, people will find something to settle on while aiming at the best, rather than wasting time and energy on figuring out what the best is according to an arbitrary cut-off (hence my comment about a level 83 set).
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2013-11-03 23:38:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Those sets posted above those are probably going to be what people settle on though. It's gear that people most likely already have due to the ease of obtaining gear atm. The main exception might be Oatixur, Whirlpool Mask and Nahtirah Trousers. Besdies, if I'm not going to take the time and effort to make Smite better than Spiral, why bother unlocking it.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-11-03 23:54:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't say DA2/Crit2 otronif is a norm though, myself and many people are not throwing gil into those augments. I'm normally super hardcore about minmaxing gear(Hexed -1, etc), but this ***is bound to be replaced soon enough, and it won't make a big enough difference to justify the price drops and RNG.
[+]
 Fenrir.Boomslang
Server: Fenrir
user: neoyukio
By Fenrir.Boomslang 2013-11-04 12:21:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Oats or RF-Spharai?

10 Base and 3pdt for 10 delay, 14atk, 14 h2h, 10 guard and Counter + OTD.

I'm thinking it's time to get my Spharai to 99.

Spharai 99 RF
DMG+116 Delay+86 Attack+40 Hand-to-Hand skill +242 Guarding skill +242 Magic Accuracy skill +215 Enhances "Counter" effect V "Final Heaven"

Oats
DMG:+126 Delay:+96 Attack+26 Evasion+27 Hand-to-Hand skill +228 Guarding skill +232 Physical damage taken -3%
By pchan 2013-11-04 12:27:22
Link | Quote | Reply

According to the posts I made above, spharai would be = aot with 228 skill and D108 so yeah, it owns oat, what are vere stats ?

edit : glanzafaust only is 1 D behind so it owns everything if you can keep AM3.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-11-04 12:28:35
Link | Quote | Reply

According to the posts I made above, spharai would be = aot with 228 skill and D108 so yeah, it owns oat, what are vere stats ?
DMG:+96 Delay:+51 STR+20 Hand-to-Hand skill +242 Guarding skill +242 Magic Accuracy skill +215 "Victory Smite" Aftermath: Occ. deals double damage
By pchan 2013-11-04 12:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

It's the same then, vere beats oat by a decent margin. Just need to know which of relic/empy/mythic is the "best".
By pchan 2013-11-04 12:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

With motenten's spreadsheet and good buffs (impetus, berserk, max haste and minuet IV/V), against tojil, and using victory smite, I have

Spharai (you need to input 24% ODD) : 606 DPS
Vere (30% ODD) : 606 DPS
oat : 578DPS
so both are > to oat by ~5%
By styleszuk 2013-11-04 12:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

With motenten's spreadsheet and good buffs (impetus, berserk, max haste and minuet IV/V), against tojil, and using victory smite, I have

Byrth on bg said the order is this below.

High buff situation against Tojil, I get this without using any of the other new gear:
Glanzfaust with free AM3 > Verth with 30% ODD > Oatixur > Spharai > Verth without 30% ODD > Glanzfaust without AM

Most of them have about 20% higher DPS than the highest my DNC can obtain under the same conditions.

So which is right ?
 Phoenix.Kwehh
user: Michiiru
By Phoenix.Kwehh 2013-11-04 13:05:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought I smelled crackpot theories
By pchan 2013-11-04 13:17:41
Link | Quote | Reply

styleszuk said: »

High buff situation against Tojil, I get this without using any of the other new gear:
Glanzfaust with free AM3 > Verth with 30% ODD > Oatixur > Spharai > Verth without 30% ODD > Glanzfaust without AM

Most of them have about 20% higher DPS than the highest my DNC can obtain under the same conditions.

So which is right ?
Me.
 Asura.Backstab
Server: Asura
user: backstab
By Asura.Backstab 2013-11-04 13:26:37
Link | Quote | Reply

styleszuk said: »

So which is right ?
Me.

No acc buffs? Or did you max acc manual? Difference compared to byrth might be due to the added acc from the 20 skill spharai+vere have over oats.
 Asura.Backstab
Server: Asura
user: backstab
By Asura.Backstab 2013-11-04 13:28:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Stylesz said: »
Yeah i just ran it aswell double march, min 4+5, rcb, boost-dex, chaos and figthers using ss still as i don't have smite unlocked yet and Spahrai and Vere both came ahead of Oats

Again acc?
By pchan 2013-11-04 13:42:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Victory smite quest is stupid : go in woe and trade vere 99 and ... you are done. Lolz.
 Phoenix.Kwehh
user: Michiiru
By Phoenix.Kwehh 2013-11-04 13:52:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Victory smite quest is stupid : go in woe and trade vere 99 and ... you are done. Lolz.

And yet you're complaining why?
By pchan 2013-11-04 14:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

upgrading requires 300 "plutons" for spharai, and "300 riftborn boulders" for vere, going to check in delve in a few...
First Page 2 3 ... 54 55 56 ... 363 364 365