Quetzalcoatl.Avengers
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Avengers
By Quetzalcoatl.Avengers 2021-04-04 12:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Richybear said: »
I'm assuming it'll still be Leviathan HTB as the easiest and most spammable one

what makes him easy? according to BG wiki, he has a 30% damage resistance to physical that you need to proc magic on
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-04-04 12:18:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Avengers said: »
What's everyone's Favorite HTBM to run on Monk?

Not sure about MNK because all of the avatar ones are mostly the same, but Tenzen BC is dumb easy on RDM or BLU. Like 3-4min clear for me solo. If you have that option. But since you have a bard with you, Monk would be fine for Tenzen also. Just sleep adds and formless during his invincible for continuous dps. He has a huge DT effect, but he's still weak. AM3 monk basically destroys him in white damage alone, im sure (i use crocea enspell on rdm and its 4-6k/round). And he shouldnt be able to 1-shot you with as much HP as Monk has.
By Nariont 2021-04-04 12:20:12
Link | Quote | Reply

least amount of bs tp moves compared to the rest, and typically quickest to clear because of that
 Quetzalcoatl.Avengers
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Avengers
By Quetzalcoatl.Avengers 2021-04-04 14:01:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
least amount of bs tp moves compared to the rest, and typically quickest to clear because of that

Talking Levi or tenzen?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-04-04 14:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

He's responding to your question about what makes Leviathan easier.
[+]
 Asura.Friedrik
Server: Asura
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2021-04-04 15:12:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Avengers said: »
What's everyone's Favorite HTBM to run on Monk?

Not sure about MNK because all of the avatar ones are mostly the same, but Tenzen BC is dumb easy on RDM or BLU. Like 3-4min clear for me solo. If you have that option. But since you have a bard with you, Monk would be fine for Tenzen also. Just sleep adds and formless during his invincible for continuous dps. He has a huge DT effect, but he's still weak. AM3 monk basically destroys him in white damage alone, im sure (i use crocea enspell on rdm and its 4-6k/round). And he shouldnt be able to 1-shot you with as much HP as Monk has.

Tenzen VD is stupidly easy on Vere MNK, I remember killing him occasionally during yaegasumi (prior to invincible) just off of white damage
 Sylph.Meraut
Server: Sylph
user: Meraut
By Sylph.Meraut 2021-04-05 02:47:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Would you guys consider Anchorites Feet +2 to use as tp over Hercs with TA4. I was thinking of at least using af feet during Footwork and swapping to Herc afterwards or should I just main hercs for tp? Rest of my gear is work in prog, NQ ken/adhemar and herc pieces.
 Siren.Codegen
Server: Siren
user: Genome
By Siren.Codegen 2021-04-09 00:07:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Meraut said: »
Would you guys consider Anchorites Feet +2 to use as tp over Hercs with TA4. I was thinking of at least using af feet during Footwork and swapping to Herc afterwards or should I just main hercs for tp? Rest of my gear is work in prog, NQ ken/adhemar and herc pieces.

Short answer: depends on your enemy, party, buffs and other gear but most likely Kendatsuba. feet are better and safer in most situations. Definitely macro AF feet in for any kick ws.

AF feet are awesome for tornado kick (+footwork), it can be your highest damage WS (almost 99k on strong NMs in the right conditions), even if just +2.

But you mentioned ken. and in most situation where you are soloing, tanking, or can get hit by magic and debuffs I'd go with ken. over herc, af, adh. etc because all those are much worse than ken. defensively (magic evasion and resisting debuffs in particular) and also have lower accuracy (including from dex) which you are more likely to need especially early on.

If you are in a safe fight where you only want to do damage then using AF for TP depends both on footwork and also on how much kick attacks+ (% activation) you have on you, e.g. from monk nodowa, relic legs, spharai etc since the feet also increase damage of each kick. And TA+5 is great but depends also on the rest of your gear, since it stacks with more TA but it competes with DA or quad attack.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-04-09 18:34:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Anybody mind sharing their sets for Tornado Kick and Dragon Kick? I wanna compare with mine.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-04-09 18:49:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Code
	sets.precast.WS['Tornado Kick']    = set_combine(sets.precast.WS, { ammo="Knobkierrie",
   head="Mpaca's Cap",
    body="Tatena. Harama. +1",
    hands=gear.Reso_Hands,
    legs="Mpaca's hose",
    feet="Anch. Gaiters +3",
    neck="Mnk. Nodowa +2",
    waist="Moonbow Belt +1",
    ear1="Sherida Earring",
    ear2="Moonshade Earring",
    left_ring="Niqmaddu Ring",
    right_ring="Gere Ring",
    back={ name="Segomo's Mantle", augments={'VIT+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','VIT+10','Weapon skill damage +10%','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}},})
sets.precast.WS['Tornado Kick'].AttackCap =  set_combine(sets.precast.WS['Tornado Kick'], {neck="Mnk. Nodowa +2",legs={ name="Tatena. Haidate +1", augments={'Path: A',}} })

Edit: gear.Reso_Hands= { name="Herculean Gloves", augments={'Attack+23','"Triple Atk."+3','STR+14','Accuracy+1',}}
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-04-09 18:51:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Bippin. May I ask why the VIT+30 cape?
I guess because you use it on Final Heaven and want to save Inv space by re-using it for Tornado Kick?

Are those 2 Mpaca pieces R0?
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2021-04-09 18:55:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Mpaca are R0. Cape for TK(40% STR / 40% VIT) can be STR or VIT, but for Howling fist (50% VIT / 20% STR) Vit is better
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-04-09 19:10:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes you're right, but STR gives attack at 1:1 conv rate and also helps with the STR tiers, altough you have a point with Howling fist.

I'm getting STR+DA winning over STR+WSD for Tornado Kick btw, VIT+WSD inferior to both.

For Dragon Kick instead I'm getting STR+WSD, then STR+DA and very very close (but behind) VIT+WSD.

Edit:
One more thing to add about Howling Fist when I did my tests. Regardless of the stat you pick (STR and VIT are re pretty close despite VIT's mod being higher, because of STR>Att and STR tiers I guess?) I found that more often than not DA+10 was beating WSD+10.
That's since they changed H2H properties and made all WS except FH receive FTP transfer properties; before that WSD was king of course.
I think WSD is still pretty cool don't get me wrong, but in the small number of tests I ran DA was often ahead.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2021-04-09 19:21:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah that makes sense
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-04-09 20:05:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
I guess because you use it on Final Heaven and want to save Inv space by re-using it for Tornado Kick?

Triple duty with Chakra
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-04-10 05:41:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Triple duty with Chakra
Personally I've been having a BiS Chakra build for all slots since 2005 but over the last few weeks I freed up some inventory space and am using secondary VIT choices in some slots.
My Chakra was too strong healing more HP than I actually have even with 5/5 Mantra up lol
[+]
By kairyu 2021-04-10 08:02:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Triple duty with Chakra
Personally I've been having a BiS Chakra build for all slots since 2005 but over the last few weeks I freed up some inventory space and am using secondary VIT choices in some slots.
My Chakra was too strong healing more HP than I actually have even with 5/5 Mantra up lol

Is a Chakra build even really needed anymore? I'm sure there was a discussion about this ages ago, but I've personally only been using AF body and relic hands and can't recall a time it hasn't taken me to full HP (Even with Inner Strength up)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-04-10 12:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Think the af body and relic hands will cap your chakra in general, but not with inner strength. I tested it completely naked with only hands and body, and it was well short. Probably doesn't matter though because you'll never be naked using chakra, so you'll get a lot of vitality from ilvl gear.

So in short, no, you don't really need the cape for chakra particularly.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-04-10 12:50:19
Link | Quote | Reply

kairyu said: »

Triple duty with Chakra

Is a Chakra build even really needed anymore? I'm sure there was a discussion about this ages ago, but I've personally only been using AF body and relic hands and can't recall a time it hasn't taken me to full HP (Even with Inner Strength up)
If you have +3 Body and Hands, not really. Even because in the other 3 main slots chances are you're gonna have pretty decent amount of VIT regardless of the piece chosen.

So my point is: if there are items you already have for various purposes, sure use them for Chakra.
If you have to use items specifically only for Chakra (just like I was doing) then you might as well reconsider.
By Wyrmnax 2021-04-16 20:28:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Umm... I was thinking.

MNK can use malignance. That covers Dt- and Meva, but the biggest issue with that set is the lack of multi-attack.

Could Glanzfaust be a decent weapon to have a tp-set that has multi-attack, dt-, stp and Meva, all-in-one?

Or is the weapon so far behind that the idea is just not worth it?
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2021-04-16 22:54:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't it because only the main hand on h2h weapon can have multi-attack with mythic aftermath that's why it's much weaker than other mythics?
By SimonSes 2021-04-17 03:31:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Andret said: »
Isn't it because only the main hand on h2h weapon can have multi-attack with mythic aftermath that's why it's much weaker than other mythics?

Well all mythics that you DW are also only am3 on main hand, so they would be as weak as Glanz with that logic. Tizona is still super strong even with am3 only in main hand. The biggest problem of Glanz is that Ascetic fury is shitty ws and it doesn't scale with tp, so you lose even more activating Am3. Another problem is that bonuses to focus and dodge are weak and tied to low duration buffs. It should be attack +50% not 5% on focus and crit rate +30% not 3%. Dodge bonus should be counter +20% and -10% DTII.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-04-17 08:37:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I gueess the change in duration to Focus and Dodge really hurt Glanzfaust.
Not like the difference is huge, but surely things would be better with the old durations of 2 mins out of 5, wouldn't it?
By Nariont 2021-04-17 10:02:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Alternative aug would just be that glanz increases duration to where max is an additional 30s putting them to a full minute with a 2 min recast(1:40 with merits) focus already gives 120 acc and 20 crit rate and dodge 140 eva and some large guard increase(rather it be counter but eh) so potency wise theyre more than fine.

Donno if this compensates for the bad ws/associated am3 upkeep cost though
By SimonSes 2021-04-17 11:22:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
Alternative aug would just be that glanz increases duration to where max is an additional 30s putting them to a full minute with a 2 min recast(1:40 with merits) focus already gives 120 acc and 20 crit rate and dodge 140 eva and some large guard increase(rather it be counter but eh) so potency wise theyre more than fine.

Donno if this compensates for the bad ws/associated am3 upkeep cost though

Probably not, +90sec duration could maybe ofset it. (fulltime focus). But I assume they will fix Ascetic Fury at some point. Maybe at the same time as Relics.
By eeternal 2021-04-18 15:48:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been using Ken 5/5 on RF, HF and I have good results due to TA being effective on those weaponskills. I assume Mpaca's Attire 5/5 would be best for RF HF?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2021-05-10 00:42:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Footwork had TP bonus??? Was this always the case are was it broken For the past 15 years?
By Gruknor 2021-05-10 01:25:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Topace said: »
Footwork had TP bonus??? Was this always the case are was it broken For the past 15 years?

It does now
By Seun 2021-05-10 01:40:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Gruknor said: »
Asura.Topace said: »

It does now

Footwork used to just convert all of your attacks to kicks. It's been a while, but I'm pretty certain it was a DPS loss to WS so even if it were known, it wouldn't have mattered until WS were adjusted.
First Page 2 3 ... 338 339 340 ... 363 364 365