2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » iiPunch - Monk Guide
iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 315 316 317 ... 363 364 365
By Wotasu 2020-03-22 05:43:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »

Anyone know whats the best Rema is for mnk - Sorry search function only works on Thursday during lights day
Godhands (tp bonus) or Vere(impetus) .
By geigei 2020-03-22 05:54:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty happy with r15 godhands.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-03-22 06:35:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know whats the best Rema is for mnk - Sorry search function only works on Thursday during lights day
In pure theory the best is R15 Vere during Impetus and R15 Godhands when out of impetus, swapping between the two and eating the fact that you'll lose TP.

I personally have R15 Vere and R5? Godhands.
If you wanna make one ofthes two weapons I personally suggest Godhands, it's more versatile and less dependant on setups, buffs, and so on.

Also Godhands can be done to R1 very quickly, Verethragna requires a pretty considerable amount of work and money (unless you have them already of course)

Last but not least, for Vere R15 is mandatory, for Godhands instead it's debateable.
I mean of course R15 is gonna be better, that's beyond any doubt, but it's a small difference, they're pretty good and competitive even at R1.
The R0>R15 difference for Verethragna is much larger.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-03-22 06:49:44
Link | Quote | Reply

There's no need to be sarcastic about it granted how the search function of FFXIAH is half broken and more often than not you have to search using google with site:ffixah.com settings to truly have a chance of finding something within these boards.
By SimonSes 2020-03-22 08:33:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
There's no need to be sarcastic about it granted how the search function of FFXIAH is half broken and more often than not you have to search using google with site:ffixah.com settings to truly have a chance of finding something within these boards.

Exactly why I do too *high five*
By orangemanbad 2020-03-22 08:40:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
In pure theory the best is R15 Vere during Impetus and R15 Godhands when out of impetus, swapping between the two and eating the fact that you'll lose TP.

I personally have R15 Vere and R5? Godhands.
If you wanna make one ofthes two weapons I personally suggest Godhands, it's more versatile and less dependant on setups, buffs, and so on.

Also Godhands can be done to R1 very quickly, Verethragna requires a pretty considerable amount of work and money (unless you have them already of course)

Last but not least, for Vere R15 is mandatory, for Godhands instead it's debateable.
I mean of course R15 is gonna be better, that's beyond any doubt, but it's a small difference, they're pretty good and competitive even at R1.
The R0>R15 difference for Verethragna is much larger.

In theory this would be a good post in theory.
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2020-03-22 10:21:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Asura.Biglovin said: »
You'll take AM3 off from Verethragna when Impetus is down or up then? Honestly wondering why anyone would swap at all.

Cause spreadsheet said it's two dps better and you're gimp if you don't

Man, I must be missing what content they're using Monk on that those dps are needed. I just did Sealed Fate on Monk with under a 45 min clear time and never had to swap those weapons once! Crazy how you can clear content still quickly without using a Lua to check what timezone you're in to match it to the moon phase in game to have your Monk chi blast while facing East. (I just use regular macro sets for Monk)
By orangemanbad 2020-03-22 10:22:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Why play FFXI when you can create Excel spreadsheets instead ?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-03-22 10:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally don't swap weapons when impetus is down... yet.
In general I'm not a fan of bothering when differences are minimal.
It has to be said though that the difference here is more than "two dps". It's not huge, but it's pretty noticeable from SimonSes's data he posted some months ago.

I'm just *that* lazy, but this is a situation where I can see the swapping meaningful.
 Ragnarok.Inx
Server: Ragnarok
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2020-03-22 10:55:18
Link | Quote | Reply

To be honest for this month's ambu I've been setting aside Vere and Godhands for Karambit. Spamming Asuran is lower dps but it avoids the additional level ups from inadvertently cracking the 40k barrier with those fists, making for smoother wins.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-03-22 12:14:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Man, I must be missing what content they're using Monk on that those dps are needed. I just did Sealed Fate on Monk with under a 45 min clear time and never had to swap those weapons once! Crazy how you can clear content still quickly without using a Lua to check what timezone you're in to match it to the moon phase in game to have your Monk chi blast while facing East. (I just use regular macro sets for Monk)

Of course none of it is needed. Never has been. Ever. No one has ever needed the best of anything to crush a boss in this game. And no one’s here trying to tell you to go get both weapons either lol. But I’m from oldschool 75 era; put forth the best DPS possible or get out because you’re wasting your party’s time. It’s engrained in me so I (just me and others similar) make that push and it’s just what’s fun for us. You like to crush things I like to CRUSH things.

So here’s my deal: I had Vereth before Delve era. Then Oatixor came out and completely folded the game. Then MNK got forgotten then recently fixed. I Upgraded Vereth and it’s awesome but it suffers pretty badly when Impetus is down. “Feels like” 2 minutes of slug-mode. So made Godhands to fill in that gap and it rounds off quite nicely especially when Vereth’s aftermath is still pretty shitty.
This is actually exactly how we played MNK in Delve era; V Smite all the things when Impetus is up or Shijin when it’s off. It’s just now we have more WS Options and Weapon options as well

If SE ever fixed it I’d never ever take it off. Hell, it might even become the strongest weapon in game at that point. But we’re not there yet.
By SimonSes 2020-03-22 12:15:15
Link | Quote | Reply

And who said its needed? Some people just have fun from min-maxing or from having that switching weapons gameplay. Makes boring farming or daily activities more enjoyable.

If you really need practical reasons to go for highest dps, then you probably wont find much of them in whole game for any dps job. Unless you farm/merc A LOT and cutting few seconds on everything you do, will help you a little to squeeze in one more run or something.
[+]
By Afania 2020-03-22 13:09:18
Link | Quote | Reply

orangemanbad said: »

DPS Spreadsheets are more fun than FFXI, for real...its also free to play.

There's always a sense of satisfaction when new builds are discovered but it's annoying as *** to actually log on and grind gears in FFXI.
By SimonSes 2020-03-22 13:10:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
orangemanbad said: »

DPS Spreadsheets are more fun than FFXI, for real...its also free to play.

There's always a sense of satisfaction when new builds are discovered but it's annoying as *** to actually log on and grind gears in FFXI.

:)
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2020-03-30 14:41:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Wondering what people are using for Cataclysm
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-03-30 16:00:00
Link | Quote | Reply

So it isn't perfect, but this is what I'm using:
Code
={
    ammo="Pemphredo Tathlum",
    head="Pixie Hairpin +1",
    body={ name="Herculean Vest", augments={'Mag. Acc.+16 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+16','Weapon skill damage +3%','Mag. Acc.+7','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+12',}},
    hands={ name="Leyline Gloves", augments={'Accuracy+15','Mag. Acc.+15','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+15','"Fast Cast"+3',}},
    legs={ name="Herculean Trousers", augments={'Mag. Acc.+16 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+16','Weapon skill damage +3%','Mag. Acc.+6','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+9',}},
    feet={ name="Herculean Boots", augments={'Mag. Acc.+18 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+18','"Dbl.Atk."+2','INT+8','Mag. Acc.+15','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+15',}},
    neck="Sanctity Necklace",
    waist="Anrin Obi",
    left_ear="Friomisi Earring",
    right_ear={ name="Moonshade Earring", augments={'Accuracy+4','TP Bonus +250',}},
    left_ring="Shiva Ring +1",
    right_ring="Archon Ring",
    back={ name="Segomo's Mantle", augments={'VIT+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','VIT+7','Weapon skill damage +10%',}},
}
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2020-04-08 07:55:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick and dirty of what needs upgraded?

Emp+1
Relic+3
AF+3

Needed for monk, not LIFETIME/CAREER monk, (god knows my inventory wont handle it) but main TP/WS/Utility sets.

Empy+1:
Body

Relic+3:
legs
body (counter)
feet (counter)
AF
feet
legs (counter)

What else??
 Lakshmi.Watusa
Server: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2020-04-08 08:02:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »
Quick and dirty of what needs upgraded?

Emp+1
Relic+3
AF+3

Needed for monk, not LIFETIME/CAREER monk, (god knows my inventory wont handle it) but main TP/WS/Utility sets.

Empy+1:
Body

Relic+3:
legs
body (counter)
feet (counter)
AF
feet
legs (counter)

What else??

Relic head and AF hands for Dragon/Tornado Kick/Howling Fist etc.
By SimonSes 2020-04-08 08:40:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Watusa said: »

WSD is generally not that amazing for those WSs. Relic+3 head is competitive tho, because of high attack.
[+]
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Server: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2020-04-08 08:43:39
Link | Quote | Reply

You want Relic head at some level for Penance anyway.
By SimonSes 2020-04-08 08:47:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Isiolia said: »
You want Relic head at some level for Penance anyway.

You need most relic pieces for their augments, but augment power is the same for NQ and +3, so you dont need to upgrade those pieces if they are only for macro on JA use.
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-04-08 08:51:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Watusa said: »

Actually those benefit from TA Pieces more than WSD believe it or not. I think all of H2H’s best WSs are rolling fTP now so Where we’d normally push WSD, it ends up being Multi-Attack more often than not. Every time I plug in a WSD piece against a solid TA, it ends in loss. Seeing a loss of about 1000-1500 to the WS Average with each tradeoff.

You’d want WSD Heavy for Dragon Kick and Final Heaven and possibly Ascetic’s Fury?
By SimonSes 2020-04-08 10:46:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
You’d want WSD Heavy for Dragon Kick and Final Heaven and possibly Ascetic’s Fury

Nooooooo, no for Ascetic's fury lol. It only has 1.0 fTP on main hit. Ascetic's Fury benefits a lot from multi-attack too. Basically just use Victory Smite set for it.
[+]
By Nariont 2020-04-08 11:09:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Only want wsd for final heaven currently, and thats only cause its the only h2h ws that didnt get a boost
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-04-08 11:30:57
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Nooooooo, no for Ascetic's fury lol. It only has 1.0 fTP on main hit. Ascetic's Fury benefits a lot from multi-attack too. Basically just use Victory Smite set for it.

My fault meant to have a question mark at the end. I never use the WS so honestly didn’t know lol.

Edit:
Whenever I'm having pDIF issues, I prefer Howling.
By SimonSes 2020-04-08 13:22:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
SimonSes said: »

My fault meant to have a question mark at the end. I never use the WS so honestly didn’t know lol.

Edit:
Whenever I'm having pDIF issues, I prefer Howling.

Generally Ascetic Fury shouldnt be used by anyone beside Glanzfaust users and even then, probably only to activate AM.
By CerberusFreaky 2020-04-09 04:43:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Archaide said: »
Here's my personal Lua, its a version of Bokura's that I had for my DRK but converted it to MNK. Has Impetus code as well as Ask Sash and some nifty toggles for weapon swap, counter/-dt sets, acc sets. Still missing some gear of course but its coming along.

https://pastebin.com/EuGLx02V

How are you?

I'm in the process of using a Lua for monk for the 1st time.
I like the structure of the one you posted. I have a question though, I clearly see you defined impetus TP set; however, I do not see a footwork TP set. Do you not switch to a "kickattacks" oriented TP set?
 Asura.Friedrik
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2020-04-09 13:27:39
Link | Quote | Reply

CerberusFreaky said: »
I clearly see you defined impetus TP set; however, I do not see a footwork TP set. Do you not switch to a "kickattacks" oriented TP set?

Footwork doesn't turn your entire round into kicks anymore, plus the standard TP set has over 100% KA rate (with footwork up) + kick base damage stacking rolled into it from Segomo's mantle, JSE neck +2, and AF+3 boots
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 315 316 317 ... 363 364 365