2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » iiPunch - Monk Guide
iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 313 314 315 ... 363 364 365
By Draylo 2020-02-21 03:56:09
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
I think it is the best all round DD now. How much better does owning Vere make a MNK than only owning Godhands? I want a % answer!

This rustles my jimmies
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-21 03:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it is the best all round DD now. How much better does owning Vere make a MNK than only owning Godhands? I want a % answer!

It's not nearly as much of a difference as many people think, as I will initially say I thought so as well. I parsed vs other Vere and Godhands R15 MNKs, and their damage was surprisingly similar. It's a different style of MNK TPing (holding TP vs spamming), but the end results comes out close to the same. I wouldn't even put Verethragna more than 5% higher than Godhands because it would have to factor in SC damage, and that's technically not part of a parse battle. Its also going to be buff dependent. Having Shiva or WAR TP bonus is going to flat out bring Godhands up much more than Verethragna, so you have to keep that in mind. It's not as easy as "this one is clearly ahead all the time" because it is not.
[+]
 Phoenix.Oyama
Server: Phoenix
user: oyama
By Phoenix.Oyama 2020-02-22 23:39:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor
Server: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-02-22 23:43:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

It's not nearly as much of a difference as many people think, as I will initially say I thought so as well. I parsed vs other Vere and Godhands R15 MNKs, and their damage was surprisingly similar. It's a different style of MNK TPing (holding TP vs spamming), but the end results comes out close to the same. I wouldn't even put Verethragna more than 5% higher than Godhands because it would have to factor in SC damage, and that's technically not part of a parse battle. Its also going to be buff dependent. Having Shiva or WAR TP bonus is going to flat out bring Godhands up much more than Verethragna, so you have to keep that in mind. It's not as easy as "this one is clearly ahead all the time" because it is not.

It's also heavily playstyle dependent. I'm often really bad at using TP at low TP (I come from THF so always going for 1750~) so Vere being superior white damage nets it more damage for me. If you're on top of using TP in an ideal manner, the Godhands gap will likely be small.
By Fayona 2020-02-22 23:58:23
Link | Quote | Reply

tbh I love sagitta, I feel like it allows me to alter my hybrid sets to maintain almost full dps without missing a beat and its practically impossible to kill a Monk with 3/5 Malig and 2 Kenda+1
By SimonSes 2020-02-23 03:24:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Fayona said: »
tbh I love sagitta, I feel like it allows me to alter my hybrid sets to maintain almost full dps without missing a beat and its practically impossible to kill a Monk with 3/5 Malig and 2 Kenda+1

Sagitta is ok, but that -10%DT changes almost nothing. I use 2/5 Malignance and 3/5 Kendatsuba as my regular TP set with both Veret and Godhands and I almost never need to change to hybrid set anymore.
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2020-02-23 03:26:43
Link | Quote | Reply

what mix do you use of ken/mag
By SimonSes 2020-02-23 03:40:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azagarth said: »
what mix do you use of ken/mag

I use Mali Legs/Hands.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-23 09:05:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fwiw, I think it was either Aerix or Sechs who mentioned that the difference between kendatsuba +1 legs/feet meva is only 11 each difference to malignance legs/feet. You get a larger difference swapping out the hands or head (body probably non negotiable as a swap due to its huge triple attack and critical rate).

For hybrid I use
Malignance chapeau
Kendatsuba samue +1
Malignance gloves
Kendatsuba hakama +1
Malignance boots
[+]
By Fayona 2020-02-23 09:19:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Fwiw, I think it was either Aerix or Sechs who mentioned that the difference between kendatsuba +1 legs/feet meva is only 11 each difference to malignance legs/feet. You get a larger difference swapping out the hands or head (body probably non negotiable as a swap due to its huge triple attack and critical rate).

For hybrid I use
Malignance chapeau
Kendatsuba samue +1
Malignance gloves
Kendatsuba hakama +1
Malignance boots

This is the same set I use, the reason I’ve been enjoying Sagitta so much lately is you add a D ring and HQ belt and your basically at capped DT with a very strong DPS output. Pretty much the only slot that isn’t full DPS is D ring.
[+]
 Asura.Zulaern
user: Zulaern
By Asura.Zulaern 2020-02-26 09:12:51
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the state of this guide? Is it still fairly accurate? I don't know MNK, but the weapons don't even have Godhands listed and the sets say they were last updated over 4 years ago.

The BG Wiki community sets seem more up to date but they only have sets.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2020-02-26 10:46:57
Link | Quote | Reply

For hybrid I use
Malignance chapeau
Kendatsuba samue +1
Malignance gloves
Kendatsuba hakama +1
Malignance boots

The reason I only use 2 Malignance pieces is because I want capped Subtle Blow and also more balanced TripleAttack/StoreTP. This is also my regular TP set, not hybrid TP set.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-26 11:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Master monk overcaps subtle blow with just body and legs. But yeah monk doesn't really need a hybrid for most things. Maybe wave 3 volte
By SimonSes 2020-02-26 12:13:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Master monk overcaps subtle blow with just body and legs. But yeah monk doesn't really need a hybrid for most things. Maybe wave 3 volte

I dont count body, as 3/5 min its taken by Bhikku.
[+]
 Asura.Zulaern
user: Zulaern
By Asura.Zulaern 2020-02-26 12:16:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe I'm missing something but it doesn't seem like MNK is that bad to get geared up?

And people say it's pretty equal to DRK/WAR/SAM/DRG etc now?

I've always liked MNK since back in the day when BB MNKs were destroying things with Asuran Fists. I'm wondering if I should try it out, maybe get some Godhands.

The guides just don't give me much to go on.

How are they at soloing? Equal or better to WAR or SAM?
 Bahamut.Empyrean
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Empyrean 2020-02-26 12:19:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Zulaern said: »
Maybe I'm missing something but it doesn't seem like MNK is that bad to get geared up?

And people say it's pretty equal to DRK/WAR/SAM/DRG etc now?

I've always liked MNK since back in the day when BB MNKs were destroying things with Asuran Fists. I'm wondering if I should try it out, maybe get some Godhands.

The guides just don't give me much to go on.

How are they at soloing? Equal or better to WAR or SAM?

I found mnk to be a lot easier to gear than my drk. Much faster and much cheaper. Still missing a few +3 pieces and kend+1 hands, but other than that I followed the guide extremely close and was geared very quickly. As for stacking up? I still feel my drk does more dps, but the ability to dps without -def of LR (or counterstance since it isn't required for dmg) and be able to hybrid in the likes of malignance was a great trade off.

I still have love for my drk, but right now mnk is just easy button.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-26 12:59:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Monk so easy to get into, so easy to gear and play and not die. It's easymode for sure. Makes certain content trivial where you may actually have to pay attention on other jobs. I wouldn't say it's stronger than dark, just because that's tailor made for damage. But as far as dps and survivability balance, it's probably the top job in it's class of DD.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2020-02-27 18:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Been looking at this guide https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Community_Monk_Guide

Does anyone have Asuran fist and Ascetic's Fury sets i can look at?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-27 19:10:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably something like this if attack is uncapped. Probably fotia belt, something else for niqmaddu, and those earring are questionable. Took it from someone else but relic is the main focus in the primary armor

ItemSet 368980

Ascetics might just be smite set.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2020-02-27 19:27:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you
 Asura.Diluted
user: Crumpet
By Asura.Diluted 2020-03-10 16:02:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ryuo +1 hands still worth getting for some WS sets or is there something better out there now?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-03-10 16:21:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Smite, ascetics fury. Or you can do Herculean
 Asura.Diluted
user: Crumpet
By Asura.Diluted 2020-03-10 17:33:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Smite, ascetics fury. Or you can do Herculean

Alright, Thanks man.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-03-12 19:51:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
i was missing something, boost triples your delay but lasts 4x your delay, derp

looks like 4 ticks and 1.8s with nothing on kaja, 5 ticks and 1.3s with 10% slow and no haste gear

with only 5%, you should still get it unless there's some weird rounding in there somewhere AND you start it milliseconds after a tick?
366 * .617 = 225.822
225 * 4 = 900 / 60 = 15 on the nose

5 ticks and .5s with no haste gear on blurred
Sorry for quoting this old post.
The following formula:

(Base Delay + Weapon Delay) * 4 / 60

is giving me results that differ from what I experience in the buff duration interface.
For instance I get 23-24 seconds with no slow gear (naked with Godhands) and I get ~27 seconds with 17% slow gear.
With capped magic Haste (double march and Haste2 from trust) and 17% Slow in gear I get like ~18 seconds duration.

What is the correct formula for this, to have a Boost duration value in seconds?
 Bahamut.Illumin
Server: Bahamut
user: sylvanica
By Bahamut.Illumin 2020-03-13 02:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a good place I could check out a "gear progression" for a newly 99 MNK? I see that there are mostly endgame gear guides (which will be super useful eventually!) but right now, I'm not even sure what to aim for to start with. The Ambuscade armor?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-03-13 02:38:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Page 309 might give you some good places too start.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-03-13 07:46:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Not that it matters much but what are people using for Asuran Fists?
I’m currently using this:

ItemSet 371754

It’s an 8-Hit, Low STR/VIT so cant do too much with it except use Malignance to boost your PDL which should increase Damage by 30% with all Malignance + Nodowa and capped pDIF. And the STP would aid in TP Return to string into the next WS for chaining.
By SimonSes 2020-03-13 08:07:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
And the STP would aid in TP Return to string into the next WS for chaining.

This part is good

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
use Malignance to boost your PDL which should increase Damage by 30% with all Malignance + Nodowa and capped pDIF.

This part on the other hand is very questionable, because good luck reaching 4.94 pDIF with so little attack in your gear
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-03-13 08:15:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Even with support? I have GEO BRD and COR with me most everywhere I go or is that still a stretch?
First Page 2 3 ... 313 314 315 ... 363 364 365