New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » iiPunch - Monk Guide
iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 290 291 292 ... 363 364 365
By fonewear 2019-10-26 09:48:41
Link | Quote | Reply

That's what FFXI is all about really my numbers are higher than yours.

Who gives a ***if we win or lose...I got the best numbers !
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-10-26 09:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

eeternal said: »
Thank you Simon for your efforts.. why would be spamming TK @2400tp viable for GHs? isn't it too much tp overflow? you probably want to do it around 2k or something?

Sorry i wasnt clear enough. Its 2400tp for weapons without tp bonus, 2100 for chastisers and 1900 for godhands.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-10-26 09:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

1900 for Godhands you mean.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-10-26 10:03:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sandraa said: »
On the moment Afania, Simon and company start to say stuff like "Oh you dont need good gear to clean content" "You should not use the parse to determinete the main DDs on your important content" "You are a dirty-cheap-*** because u are exploting the game to win a parse" on 2019 most of us have 4-5 jobs with multiple ultimate-weapons even multiple toons there is nothing more to do. "Is normal for the boredom im losing the mind trying to win every single parse"

Man i javent said that optimizing your build isnt good. I said its stupid to base decision on who is the most competent dd on parse that is clearly irrelevant because a lot of damage on that parse is not converted into real kill time. Instead of optimising for kill speed, you optimise for looking good on parse. Imagine parsing monk who can kill something in 1 attack round vs cor. Monk will kill 10 mobs faster, buy will have low dps because of not doing ws. Cor will kill slower but will make 70k leaden on 5k hp mobs and will easily win the parse. Now to optimize the kill efficiency you will take cor, because its much better on parse, which is obviously a mistake. That was extreme example of whats happening in your dynamis d when you use overkill damage intentionally to win parses.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-10-26 10:05:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
1900 for Godhands you mean.

Yes, sorry im on family dinner, so cant fully focus on writing back :P
[+]
By Aerix 2019-10-26 11:27:20
Link | Quote | Reply

So it's 1900+750 TP for Godhands now rather than the 1500+750 TP as previously stated?
By SimonSes 2019-10-26 11:31:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Aerix said: »
So it's 1900+750 TP for Godhands now rather than the 1500+750 TP as previously stated?

Yeah last time I forgot to click off 0.5 round tp overflow and it was showing 1500 as sweet spot.

That being said the difference between some tp ranges are very low especially with godhands, so i suggest to check that yourself, because you might think that using it at exactly 1900 will benefit you over timing it with skillchain or something when it wouldnt.
By SimonSes 2019-10-26 11:47:54
Link | Quote | Reply

If you don't mind, what's the DPS for R15 Vere spamming VS at 1k with 0.5 round overflow but Impetus down? I'd think it'd be close to RF when using Vere, possibly better simply due to its SC attributes.

Only 7100. You could argue that with sc damage it would pull ahead but then I would say godhands with shijin>tornado>shijin>shijin is much better option involving sc damage. Shijin and non impetus vsmite has similar avg damage and fusio>light>radiance beats 2x light from 4x vsmite.
By Vishwambhari 2019-10-26 12:06:46
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
If you don't mind, what's the DPS for R15 Vere spamming VS at 1k with 0.5 round overflow but Impetus down? I'd think it'd be close to RF when using Vere, possibly better simply due to its SC attributes.

Only 7100. You could argue that with sc damage it would pull ahead but then I would say godhands with shijin>tornado>shijin>shijin is much better option involving sc damage. Shijin and non impetus vsmite has similar avg damage and fusio>light>radiance beats 2x light from 4x vsmite.
Is that 0.5 round overflow realistic for your usual setups?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-26 12:08:08
Link | Quote | Reply

.5 over is the standard human error / multiatttack overflow setting

With so much Xa you always generally go over exact optimum
By Vishwambhari 2019-10-26 12:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

Yes, indeed, but some setups (i.e. one using samurai instead of fighter's roll, or tactician's roll) tend to give more overflow over others.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-26 12:34:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Splitting hairs
By SimonSes 2019-10-26 12:36:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Its easier to target around 1900 than 1000 tho. You can fire off at 1850 for example, but you cant at 950.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2019-10-26 12:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

The 0.5 represents attack rounds past hitting 1k- meaning, you're slow to WS 50% of the time. With a weapon with such high delay between rounds, I don't think this is generally an appropriate value for that parameter.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-10-26 13:09:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »

The 0.5 represents attack rounds past hitting 1k- meaning, you're slow to WS 50% of the time. With a weapon with such high delay between rounds, I don't think this is generally an appropriate value for that parameter.

If that is how it works then you are right. Its worded terribly tho and should be set with 50% not 0.5
 Siren.Robthunder
By Siren.Robthunder 2019-10-26 13:24:06
Link | Quote | Reply

So I have a newb question but if I don't ask it I won't get an answer. When I solo on mnk which trusts should I aim for? Right now I use Yoran-Oran (left over unity from when I played before), Ulmia, Joachim, Qultada, Koru-Moru. If I switch to Sylvie, which healer would be better to replace Yoran-Oran then?

I'm doing a lot of soloing trying to get back into the swing of things so I want to maximize my setup. I finished my Omen cards and got my Anchorite's+3 Gaiters, now I need to get to Su3 asap (for kendatsuba). Thanks for any input and sorry if this is already in another forum post. I looked and looked and I can't remember from before, I've been away from the game too long.
By SimonSes 2019-10-26 13:30:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ideally? Imo
Sylvie
koh
Ygnas
Ulmia
Joachim or Qultada
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-26 13:33:54
Link | Quote | Reply

That's not what it means. It represents half of an attack round worth of built tp, on average. aka; a double triple attack when you're already at 900 tp

Not necessarily "slow to ws"
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-10-26 13:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Robthunder said: »
So I have a newb question but if I don't ask it I won't get an answer. When I solo on mnk which trusts should I aim for? Right now I use Yoran-Oran (left over unity from when I played before), Ulmia, Joachim, Qultada, Koru-Moru. If I switch to Sylvie, which healer would be better to replace Yoran-Oran then?

I'm doing a lot of soloing trying to get back into the swing of things so I want to maximize my setup. I finished my Omen cards and got my Anchorite's+3 Gaiters, now I need to get to Su3 asap (for kendatsuba). Thanks for any input and sorry if this is already in another forum post. I looked and looked and I can't remember from before, I've been away from the game too long.

Don’t worry this is actually a very good question.
From experience so far, the only Trust I’ve seen that’s able to replace Yoran as a healer is Ygnas. It requires you to essentially make an Idris/Epeo to get him BUT as trusts go, that’s the only one that’s nearly as good or possibly better than that little Taru.

With full Kenda you will probably be able use Cherukiki (it’s Cheru right?) and be just fine as long as you monitor her MP Pools. The best healer of all would be an Alt that you made yourself but Multi-boxing is definitely not everyone’s cup of tea
By SimonSes 2019-10-26 13:38:19
Link | Quote | Reply

That's not what it means. It represents half of an attack round worth of built tp, on average. aka; a double triple attack when you're already at 900 tp

This is what I believed it is. But now im not sure.
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-10-26 13:39:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally prefer Yoran, Koru, Ulmia, Qultada, Selh'teus oe Joachim depending on content.

Works for me for pretty much all my soloing so I'd recommend them.
 Siren.Robthunder
By Siren.Robthunder 2019-10-26 13:57:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Cool, thanks for the ideas. I appreciate it. My goals for this month were to finish Anch. feet, which I did, get enough points in ambuscade so I could start the weapon, and get to Su3. Time to get to work, the new update is almost ready.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2019-10-26 13:59:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Soon you will be topping parse and be the only DD!
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-26 14:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what I believed it is. But now im not sure.

Average attacks per round 4.4
Tp per hit is 124
Average* tp with 0.0 overrounds 1321
Average* tp with 0.5 overrounds 1594

That's +2.2(~273) (aka half an attack round) worth of tp

"perfect" zero over rounds, still assumes half an attack round worth of da/ta/qa/kick overflow. Because it's 'impossible' to land exactly on 1000 with random multiattacks.

0.5 is just another half an attack round, I guess you could count that as "slow to ws by up to one entire attack round" (half+half=1) If you wanted to.
By Afania 2019-10-26 16:54:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe this is what round means. Since it says "round" not "hit".

So multi hit proc is irrelevant in this case.

For example, if every hit gives you 200 tp, and you are at 950 tp. Then a QA proc gives you another 800 TP. You will have 1750 TP and ready for ws.

If you ws immediately your ws will have the power of 1750 TP but it still count as 0 over TP round.

Now if you have 950 TP again, no multi attack proc next round, so you have 1150 TP and ready to ws. If you wait one more round have a DA proc for 400 more TP. You will ws at 1550 TP. In this case your over tp round would be 1.

Despite you have less TP for 2nd ws you actually over TP more.

A 0.5 for over TP round means out of 10 ws you over TP by 1 round 50% of time thus avg is 0.5.

Most of the top tier DD I've seen can easily reach 0 over TP round in a fight, even on 1h DD, and rarely go above 0.1 to 0.2. so 0.5 is certainly too high IMO.

If you are not sure where you sit a good way is to record a video for a couple of fights, it's easier to tell whether you over tp too much or not.

Btw, this is how I understand the word "round" means. It's entirely possible that excel is coded differently and misworded it.
By alamihgo 2019-10-26 17:23:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing replaces Yoran. He resists debuffs crazy, makes his own MP and powerheals your fat MNK HP with cureskins to boot.

The only non-Unity healer worth a damn is Ygnas, who is extremely conservative with his cures, has no cureskin, does an AoE TP move that triggers enmity on mobs you're trying to supertank, doesn't have the debuff evasion that Yoran has and is also a leaf.
[+]
By Afania 2019-10-26 17:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

If that is how it works then you are right. Its worded terribly tho and should be set with 50% not 0.5

The wording is fine. If it's a percentage value then you can't set over TP 2 rounds, or 3 or 4..... It would just assume people only ever over TP by 1 round and percentage means how often it occurrs. And it sucks.

Edit: ok I guess you can set it to something like 400% if you over TP 4 rounds but it's even more confusing than just type 4 over TP/round lol.
By DaDrifter 2019-10-26 19:53:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have a MNK lua with all the situational trimmings like Impetus, Footwork and such they are willing to share. Much appreciated in advance.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-10-26 21:45:19
Link | Quote | Reply

alamihgo said: »
If I switch to Sylvie, which healer would be better to replace Yoran-Oran then?
Nothing replaces Yoran. He resists debuffs crazy, makes his own MP and powerheals your fat MNK HP with cureskins to boot.

The only non-Unity healer worth a damn is Ygnas, who is extremely conservative with his cures, has no cureskin, does an AoE TP move that triggers enmity on mobs you're trying to supertank, doesn't have the debuff evasion that Yoran has and is also a leaf.

Yoran might be optimal over Ygnas purely on a healer versus healer comparison, but to get him you have to make a pretty major sacrifice in giving up the only GEO trust in Sylvie. In addition to the benefit of Fury/Frailty (or Precision if acc is low enough), don't forget that Sylvie also provides some help backing up the WHM since she's fairly responsive with Cure IVs and Erase/-na.

YMMV as to whether giving that up is worth choosing Yoran. Personally, I find that Ygnas+Sylvie is plenty good enough for nearly any situation where you're relying on trusts, and still much better than the non-UC healers. And the Sylvie/Ygnas setup is a lot better for offensive trust buffs. I'm familiar with both, I use Sylvie UC on my main, and Yoran on my alt... and it's quite rare that I prefer access to Yoran.

Also, Ygnas CAN be annoying with AoE damage (Deific Gambol) and overwriting a longer Haste II with 1min duration Haste II from Phototrophic Wrath... But Wrath does give you Atk+25%, and Phototropic Blessing is pretty great too (AoE Heal and 1min duration 30/tic regen, DEF+25%, and some MDB).

Perhaps Monberaux will provide another top healing option once he's available, but that's gonna be a while (480 cumulative Deeds of Heroism from monthly ROEs, which won't even be available for another 5 months for people who do all 4 ROE every month)...

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
From experience so far, the only Trust I’ve seen that’s able to replace Yoran as a healer is Ygnas. It requires you to essentially make an Idris/Epeo to get him BUT as trusts go, that’s the only one that’s nearly as good or possibly better than that little Taru.

Well, it requires the Coalitions/quests... but not the HP Bayld! And worth noting that it's helpful anyway, since most of the tasks are also required to get +1 SoA reward ring.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 290 291 292 ... 363 364 365