Game: FFXI
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-10-17 21:06:34
Link | Quote | Reply

it's said that for at least 10 months too
By Hinote 2019-10-18 08:33:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kusaregedo said: »
some sets since people have been asking, they probably aren't perfect but are close, welcome any critiques:

tp
ItemSet 369141

victory smite/ascetic's fury
ItemSet 369016

raging fists
ItemSet 369142

shijin spiral
ItemSet 369143

final heaven
ItemSet 369145

howling fist/tornado kick
ItemSet 369148

asuran fists (attack uncapped)
ItemSet 368980

edit: smite set updated based on feedback
edit: howling fist set updated

For Shijin Spiral, would it be prudent to also have a MAcc set for the added effect?

And would you use one of these sets for Dragon Kick as well or does that need a different set?
 Asura.Wizzykid
Server: Asura
By Asura.Wizzykid 2019-10-18 09:23:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Hinote said: »
some sets since people have been asking, they probably aren't perfect but are close, welcome any critiques:

tp
ItemSet 369141

ItemSet 369016

raging fists
ItemSet 369142

shijin spiral
ItemSet 369143

final heaven
ItemSet 369145

ItemSet 369148

ItemSet 368980

For Shijin Spiral, would it be prudent to also have a MAcc set for the added effect?

And would you use one of these sets for Dragon Kick as well or does that need a different set?

I seem to remember reading before that the plague on Shijin Spiral is known to be remarkably accurate. I don't think it's worth the inventory trying to make a macc set for shijin, tbh.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2019-10-18 09:35:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
it's said that for at least 10 months too

Thanks for clearing that up. The game lies!
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-18 09:39:24
Link | Quote | Reply

There's no need. Malignance (or even Hesychast+3) set carries enough macc to serve dual purposes. Between the high dex and magic accuracy on Malignance, it's a pretty useful set for Shijin. Relic+3 legs for the extra dex and macc/attack.
 Ragnarok.Inx
Server: Ragnarok
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2019-10-18 11:25:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Regarding Relic Legs+3, how much better are they than say Ken+1 legs or maybe perfect Samnuha. Kinda screwed myself by overlooking them previously, and now availability on my server is nil on shards.

Blanching a bit about blowing a small mountain of medals making legshards that were dirt cheap up until a month ago.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-18 11:50:27
Link | Quote | Reply

No single piece is a "noticeable" change.

Relic legs/AF feet > Kend+1/AF feet by like ~20 dps. You really aren't missing anything just wait for the retard tax to go away.
[+]
 Bahamut.Eternallight
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-10-18 11:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

The power of the AF feet scale directly on how much kick you are wearing.

That said, if you dont want to get/cant get the relic +3 pants, get the empy +1. No crit, more kick, same haste, still decent acc, and has sTP.
By SimonSes 2019-10-18 11:57:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
There's no need. Malignance (or even Hesychast+3) set carries enough macc to serve dual purposes. Between the high dex and magic accuracy on Malignance, it's a pretty useful set for Shijin. Relic+3 legs for the extra dex and macc/attack.

This is actually kinda interesting. If you can cap attack with PDL, then 4/5 Malignance and +3 relic legs is only 1k damage behind bis damage option, which is very nice with that amount of macc, but if you are attack uncapped (or just cant take advantage of PDL on Malignance, then you are loosing like 4-5k damage)

I wonder myself what is better. I dont think you dont need any macc to land that plague always. On trahs mobs sure, but on higher lvl mobs.. idk.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-18 12:18:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Inx said: »
Regarding Relic Legs+3, how much better are they than say Ken+1 legs or maybe perfect Samnuha. Kinda screwed myself by overlooking them previously, and now availability on my server is nil on shards.

Blanching a bit about blowing a small mountain of medals making legshards that were dirt cheap up until a month ago.

You know, up until fairly recently a short time ago, every monk + nin was rocking 5/5 Kendatsuba +1 and nobody ever cared. It's such an effective set to TP in that nobody would even notice the difference. I think for anything you would be using Monk for, Malignance or Kendatsuba +1 would be more practical because you can walk through status debuffs. This is something that gets ignored by your average player too much, but since Malignance came out, I have found myself using it so much more than the relic/artifact combo.

At some point you're gonna have to acknowledge that you do "enough" damage as it is, and are willing to focus on something else for more balance. I understand the newfound craze with everyone wanting to have the best pieces in slots for damage on Monk. It's really not necessary though. You're already a bulldozer for dps. You can make dps sacrifices without batting an eye anymore
[+]
 Ragnarok.Inx
Server: Ragnarok
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2019-10-18 12:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I have pretty much everything but the legs+3, so its bugging me more as a matter of principle than actual need. That being said if the dps variance is small it'll make it easier waiting a few weeks for us to cycle back round to Jeuno Dyna.
By SimonSes 2019-10-18 13:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I understand the newfound craze with everyone wanting to have the best pieces in slots for damage on Monk.

So much this :)

The biggest advantage of MNK DD is that you can TP in full meva without much sacrifices, but bandwagon MNKs go straight to highest DPS option because they probably switch from DRK or WAR (who btw also have great meva tp option but very hard to get from d windurst). I can't stress enough how good is to just walk through all debuffs dropped on you. Even if you are paralyzed/stunned/amnesia for 3 sec every minute, you are already losing more dps than you gain from max TP set over meva tp set.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-18 13:38:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember before Malignance set, I would solo Alexander on Normal with Monk. It was such a long and annoying fight because you're constantly using panacea or waiting on stona to keep dps up. After Lilith came out, I went back to him with 4/5 Malignance to try to get my Sacro body. Same Normal difficulty. Didn't get petrified once in a handful of fights. Was also using staunch+1 and eabani I think. Perhaps my per-hit dps dropped a little, but overall, I would kill him faster, something like 7 minutes.

Too many people underestimate how beneficial meva is, and Monk basically gets it with the least amount of DPS sacrifice.
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-10-18 13:40:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Its helpful to note that Malig also comes with an easy way to cap DT, haste, a ton of sTP, and some MDB ontop of that for solo situations. For party stuff, it also comes with PDL which is great if you get super buffing.

Also, enough acc that if you miss, something is horribly wrong lol.

All its missing is multi attack procs, and then you would never need to gear swap again.
 Fairy.Khory
Server: Fairy
user: Wyrmnax
By Fairy.Khory 2019-10-18 14:06:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Now, if only Lilith ever dropped something for me -_-"....

Or if those lines did not take 20-40 minutes, no matter what, because everyone wants that set...
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2019-10-18 15:52:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I got lucky with relic legs +3 on my server.

Pieces started out at 100k.. but were often thrown to the ground. Already had my Voidlegs prior to update. I ended up paying about 6m for my remaining leg shards.

While prices have gone up to 2m per voidleg/shard, it's still cheaper on Fenrir than other servers.
By DianC 2019-10-18 16:41:48
Link | Quote | Reply

tp
ItemSet 369141

ItemSet 369016

raging fists
ItemSet 369142

shijin spiral
ItemSet 369143

final heaven
ItemSet 369145

ItemSet 369148

ItemSet 368980

That TK set is lacking Anchorite's Feet +3 unless assuming no footwork, but I don't think it's yet feasible to use kick ws outside of footwork over other options, even with the recent changes.
Or am I missing something?
Moreover, unless atk/acc are still an issue, Kenda/adhemar head and hands should win over the WSD+10% pieces for both howling first and TK overall because of multihits. Unless someone actually calculated they don't with updated numbers. xD
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-10-18 18:52:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Same things I thought myself DianC.
Also a cheaper but pretty viable alternative to full Relic+3 for Asuran Fists can be Hizamaru+2, or you can mix and match.

In general Hizamaru+2 has more or less the same VIT values as Hesychast+3, slightly higher STR and Acc, less attack.
Kinda depends on the slot of course but Hizamaru is free.
BiS or not I feel it's a valid alternative, maybe even slightly better in some slots.
 Shiva.Darksniper
Server: Shiva
user: Tshi
By Shiva.Darksniper 2019-10-18 22:02:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Smite, Herc Feet with 6-10 Str and 5% Crit Hit Damage wins over Ryuo feet.
By SimonSes 2019-10-19 03:28:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Darksniper said: »
Smite, Herc Feet with 6-10 Str and 5% Crit Hit Damage wins over Ryuo feet.

Yeah, there is more of that actually i will post partially updated mnk sheet today (still had no time to finish off testing some less used WSes like One inch punch and dragon kick, but I guess I will do it later) with saved ws sets.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-10-19 07:05:45
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Yeah, there is more of that actually i will post partially updated mnk sheet today (still had no time to finish off testing some less used WSes like One inch punch and dragon kick, but I guess I will do it later) with saved ws sets.
Spinning Attack too! It's actually quite good for cleaving now.
I was surprised myself O.O
By SimonSes 2019-10-19 07:46:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Spreadsheet
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-10-19 07:47:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Spinning Attack too! It's actually quite good for cleaving now.
I was surprised myself O.O

Spinning attack was only changed to carry ftp, so you can use gorget. Nothing else changed :)
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2019-10-19 08:53:26
Link | Quote | Reply

wow tyvm!
By Antisense 2019-10-19 09:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
Nariont said: »
TA has more "value" since its all replicated fTP, though on the subject of dragon kick is it 2 or 3 hits? Or somehow only 1?

I figured since Dragonkick is 8 hits, the only way to get more damage out of it besides wsdmg is pure attributes/+ftp?

Dragon kick is two hits (full TP for 2 hits)
By SimonSes 2019-10-19 11:09:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Since I got that question on PM right now, Relic head +3 is still worth to get. Its a little behind for capped attack RF and TK, but for uncapped attack, it's way better. Same for Hiza legs. Same is true for Victory Smite and Relic legs +3.
 Siren.Robthunder
Server: Siren
By Siren.Robthunder 2019-10-19 11:16:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, hopefully I don't get roasted for this, but, I can't remember.... Can you macro in Tantra Gaiters+2 to get the enhanced footwork, or do those have to be worn to get the bonus? Bhikku I know you can macro, right? ( I have tantra+2 trying to figure if they are worthless until i get bhikku or if I should be macroing those in on footwork activation).

Thanks.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-19 11:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Footwork

Quote:
Tantra Gaiters +2
Increases Footwork's Attack modifier by 5% to 38/256 if worn during JA activation.
By SimonSes 2019-10-19 11:34:10
Link | Quote | Reply

You can only macro the Footwork +10% part, but you should use Shukuyu Sune-Ate for that. +damage to kicks on af and empy feets are activated only when you wear them during kick.
First Page 2 3 ... 283 284 285 ... 363 364 365