iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 281 282 283 ... 363 364 365
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-16 16:22:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Every melee one, from 85ish cap forward. Pretty much.

And they had a logical reason. but it has super backfired. The goal was to make other weapons "viable" if relic is the best, then you HAVE to get relic. So. They threw them under the bus.
 Bahamut.Eternallight
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-10-16 16:25:32
Link | Quote | Reply

They could probably fix that by allowing us to unlock relic WS in a way similar to others.

Thus allowing them to improve relic WS without making relic mandatory, and at the same time allowing them to fix/balance relic weapons to keep all REMA situationally useful.

As it stands now, if the relic WS is too good, the only way to have it is the relic (or SU5 great katana for sam lol) and thus we all must use relic.

If its bad, you suddenly lose one of the major reasons behind the relic weapons, devaluing them further.

All the while along, keeping the relic WS as trash until that point.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2019-10-16 16:53:21
Link | Quote | Reply

They already said they won’t numerous times.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-10-16 17:00:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It's hard to fix something so that it's "viable" by people without relics and not "completely broken" by people with them, considering they get like what, 80% WSD in their R15 version?

...of course they could remove the hidden traits but honestly I don't see that happening.
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-10-16 17:03:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, that would be my #2 request, right after empy +3 lol
And maybe Ambu +3. (And deleting the moogles)
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-16 17:03:10
Link | Quote | Reply

They would have to roll back and rebalance, and thats entirely more effort than they care about.

They can't even bother to upgrade Final Heaven when EVERY H2H ws got an upgrade. Because "relic" (even though, again, mercy stroke was adjusted with the dagger adjustment)
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-10-16 17:12:43
Link | Quote | Reply

[F]inal heaven.

Well, maybe one day. I feel like its been a complaint for a very long time though.
 Fairy.Khory
Server: Fairy
user: Wyrmnax
By Fairy.Khory 2019-10-17 06:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Few questions:

1) Should I got AF / Relic for legs/feet for the extra kick attacks / kick damage? Or should I go Sanmhua / Herculean for the extra double / triple attack?

2) What you guys use on your tp cape sap? Double attack? sTP?

3) Can kick attacks proc on WSes? ( or, in other words - same question as 1, but for WS instead of tp)

4) How much martial arts does a Spharai MNk need to reach delay reduction cap? 12?

5) Whats the base idea for all the fTP transfer WSes? Multi-attack / acc / atk?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-17 07:06:04
Link | Quote | Reply

1. Use the latter until you have the former. They both have a use.

2. They are just about so close to one another that it might not make a matter. I use STP because it synergizes nicely with Ashera and Malignance set, and I always felt Monk needed STP since it used Su3 in many spots. YMMV, they are close. I'm going to make a Crit cape soon, just to have options.

3. No

4. Austar covered this:
Ramuh.Austar said: »
okay to put it simple, with magic haste capped:

spharai: 4.56
glanz: 8.16
vere: -8.04
godhands: 12.48
saggita: 6.36

5. Someone else will need to answer. I have only made minor modifications in my sets but largely kept the same main pieces.
[+]
 Fairy.Khory
By Fairy.Khory 2019-10-17 08:47:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
4. Austar covered this:
Ramuh.Austar said: »
okay to put it simple, with magic haste capped:

spharai: 4.56
glanz: 8.16
vere: -8.04
godhands: 12.48
saggita: 6.36

WTB Mache earring -1...
 Asura.Outlawbruce
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2019-10-17 08:48:40
Link | Quote | Reply

The answer to #4 with impetus up or down with empy body?

I'd imagine those are not including the empy body.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-17 08:51:10
Link | Quote | Reply

With Impetus and Bhikku Cyclas +1, you're good.
 Siren.Robthunder
Server: Siren
By Siren.Robthunder 2019-10-17 10:16:37
Link | Quote | Reply

So I have 3 H2H - Denouements, Hammerfists Path B, and Jolt Counters. When I last played in 2017, spreadsheet had Jolts winning in most situations and then Hammerfists winning in the others. I recognize my goal is to get better H2H at some point, for the time being do you guys think Jolt Counters would still be the best or do you think the Denouements now would pull ahead with the QA+3% with how weapon-skills have been changed? If the difference is most likely negligible, I won't sweat it. I was just curious for input, thanks for the help.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2019-10-17 10:19:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Jolt would probably be more consistent and denouement having higher spikes most likely.
 Siren.Robthunder
By Siren.Robthunder 2019-10-17 11:34:25
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as a new weapon is concerned, I assume my best bet will be to work on the ambuscade one? I have limited time and limited resources at the moment.
By Nariont 2019-10-17 11:39:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ambu/su5 will both do pretty well, i know you said limited resources just listing the 2 best non-rema that im aware of, could even run su4, though im unsure if ambu will beat that one out
 Fairy.Khory
By Fairy.Khory 2019-10-17 11:44:23
Link | Quote | Reply

su5 price is probably very close to a REMA though....
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Server: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2019-10-17 11:48:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Would someone be kind enough to post some current sets in this thread or a new one?
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-10-17 11:50:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Khory said: »
Only if being half as expensive or less is "very close".
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-10-17 11:55:23
Link | Quote | Reply

SU5 is very nice for accuracy and raw tank power. That's about it.

Can confirm the Ambu weapon is amazing though, especially with its critical hit: store tp +50.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-10-17 11:55:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Robthunder said: »
As far as a new weapon is concerned, I assume my best bet will be to work on the ambuscade one? I have limited time and limited resources at the moment.

Do Karambit. It's a pretty sweet offensive weapon and it's "free". Or Godhands, if you can get into an aeonic group.
 Siren.Robthunder
By Siren.Robthunder 2019-10-17 12:09:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok sounds good, thanks for the helpful responses.
 Lakshmi.Watusa
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2019-10-17 12:49:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Fairy.Khory said: »
Only if being half as expensive or less is "very close".

It's about an average of 180m to build AG Veres on most servers, while Sagittas are going for 150-170m. Sooo, yeah, he was right.

Also not counting the fact that someone with limited play time probably doesn't run a weekly Dyna group to rank their SU5 either, so gotta pay for Heroism Crystals too.
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-10-17 12:55:01
Link | Quote | Reply

The main benefit to a lot of the SU5 weapons are that they are high power weapons (damage/skill/acc) and you can flat buy them.

Most are not as good as a REMA though for actual effectiveness.

At least, thats my take. There are a few special cases though (Crocea Mors, Gandring, the thing for Cor)
By Boshi 2019-10-17 13:16:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I think Pretty much the Cor one is only one actually amazing for swinging in for the A/B path.
STP path also makes it great for shooting

The rest are like useful for path C specialty (and brd one for DT thing)
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Robthunder
By Siren.Robthunder 2019-10-17 14:25:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah if I had a pile of gil I'd probably just attempt to buy Sagittas and call it a day until I could finish Vere or Godhands. Since I don't, I think I'm going to casually work on Karambit when I can, since it sounds like mostly ambuscade grind.

Before I left my LS was doing a lot of Aeonic clears, but I'm not sure how quick they'll be to jump on getting me caught up since I've been gone for 2 years lol. They do still do them though.

The only thing constructive I ever really did for gil was farm HMP during one of the campaigns. There's gotta be something I can do with my goldsmithing, I've just been out of the game for so long I feel extremely under-knowledged and ignorant about a lot of things.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-10-17 14:36:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Boshi said: »
I think Pretty much the Cor one is only one actually amazing for swinging in for the A/B path.
STP path also makes it great for shooting

The rest are like useful for path C specialty (and brd one for DT thing)

Yep, I agree with this. COR is the notable exception, otherwise A/B path are somewhat worse DPS (but still pretty decent) buyable alternatives for better RMEAs. They are also hurt a bit by lack of an WS damage boost for a related WS like RMEA and Dyna weapons.

Su5 A/B had more of a potential niche as an appealing not-quite-RMEA option before we got another category of easily obtained high end weapons (Ambuscade) that compete for basically the same role. Ambu weapons are a lot easier/cheaper to obtain - even if the shiny weapon is a roadblock for you, can buy pulse cells for far less than a Su5 weapon, and Ambu weapons require no grinding/buying heroism items to augment them.

Aside from COR and the handful of Divergence weapons with quirky/unique base stats like BRD Song/DT-, C path augments are what makes the desirable Divergence weapons worthwhile for their particular niches:

RDM: enspell +500% / elemental WS damage +100%
NIN: best blink tanking mainhand weapon (ninjutsu recast -25%, Enmity+10 per shadow), doubles as a good high acc offhand (very similar to Ambu dagger or katana in that respect)
PUP: best automaton-only DPS weapon
 Asura.Outlawbruce
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2019-10-17 14:39:24
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're gonna do a su5 to hold you over until a rema then I'd suggest not spending that much and do su4. Itll just collect dust after your rema is made.

Ambuscade is the best way to make gil for returning players. Can get several stacks of hmp and Alex to sell every month
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-10-17 14:43:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Robthunder said: »
Yeah if I had a pile of gil I'd probably just attempt to buy Sagittas and call it a day until I could finish Vere or Godhands. Since I don't, I think I'm going to casually work on Karambit when I can, since it sounds like mostly ambuscade grind.

I think it makes total sense in your case to work on Karambit.

For anyone who wants a placeholder weapon until Vere/Godhands, and for some reason didn't want to go the Dynamis route, there's also the option of buying the much cheaper Su4 weapon, Hesychast's Fists. Current prices for those are looking like under 10mil on Asura and some other servers (~20m on my Phoenix server, but that's still a heck of a lot cheaper than an Su5 that will be entirely replaced by RMEA).

EDIT: Bruce totally beat me to it, +1 from me.
First Page 2 3 ... 281 282 283 ... 363 364 365