2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » iiPunch - Monk Guide
iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 250 251 252 ... 363 364 365
By SimonSes 2019-04-22 06:02:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Topace said: »
you can TP before the fight immediately shell crush and switch to you H2H weapon it takes all of 2 seconds. Why are any mages putting themselves in danger because you don’t want to lose your precious parse?

Again, assuming you can TP before the fight. For example in Ambuscade its often vital to make damage fast before something happens or some important debuff wears off and you can't TP before the fight.
 Asura.Topace
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2019-04-22 06:26:08
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
you can TP before the fight immediately shell crush and switch to you H2H weapon it takes all of 2 seconds. Why are any mages putting themselves in danger because you don’t want to lose your precious parse?

Again, assuming you can TP before the fight. For example in Ambuscade its often vital to make damage fast before something happens or some important debuff wears off and you can't TP before the fight.
I fully understand that and do use shell crusher in ambu if we don’t have a Sam or War(which is not often since they are the band wagon jobs). But I’m confused as to why people are suggesting mages to get in the fight and use it. Monk will TP vastly faster than any mage job and has the added benefit of not having to multitask while doing so or dying.
By eliroo 2019-04-22 08:52:46
Link | Quote | Reply

WHM can easily melee this months ambuscade but Staff skill is a bit of meme unless they sub samurai which is maybe a bigger meme. They could easily maintain Shell Crusher though but it would cost them a lot of DPS compared to just clubbing. A Monk or anyone else who gets good multi-hit gear would make for a better Shell Crusher since they can just get the TP quick and then swap back to their preferred weapon.

Its very fight dependent but more than not a WHM won't die in melee.

The fight only lasts like ~2-3 minutes so one 1k TP shellcrusher should be sufficient.
By Afania 2019-04-22 13:10:05
Link | Quote | Reply

From my experience at least 60% to 70% of ambu is more ideal to heal frontline to begin with, or at least half the phase is more ideal frontline.

This month is certainly frontline because of esuna. I think last month is also frontline friendly because of 25+(bigger than max casting range) aoe dmg.

Very very rarely that backline heal is more ideal than frontline. Nevermind the fact that geo is always frontline.

So really, nothing is lose to let mages do shell crusher.

Of course its not the end of the world to let DD do it instead, that doesnt mean its the most optimal choice in ideal scenerios.
By SimonSes 2019-04-22 13:50:23
Link | Quote | Reply

What Afania said + everyone talking about WHM or GEO, while BRD is by far the best choice here. BRD has better gear for melee and has usually least tasks to do and would melee anyway (assuming its good BRD not some afk noob).
By eliroo 2019-04-22 13:56:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah BRD should be the first choice for melee.
In terms of "Who needs to sub RDM or other utility sub" my personal priority would be
GEO > WHM > BRD. The only exception would be if the WHM just can't stand in melee but in those instances the BRD or GEO may also not be able to stand in melee.

This is just because GEO gets the short end of the stick in melee gear (Needing an ambuscade Haste cape and Goading belt to even function appropriately).

Edit: Sorry monk forum ><
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-22 13:57:51
Link | Quote | Reply

This is a non discussion. Who cares who does the Shell crusher, takes ten seconds on Monk with its current gear set
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2019-04-22 14:07:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Just have a war buddy use armor/full break while buffing your dps with either warcry/blood rage?

In before the:

*Hides behind brick wall*
[+]
 Lakshmi.Shonaa
user: shonaa
By Lakshmi.Shonaa 2019-04-22 19:52:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Just got back from a few months away; reading through a few pages of this thread and chatting to some folks in game, apparently word is that MNK is good now? Can anyone fill me in on what happened? My gear is pretty gimped, but I haven't noticed a real change in my dps since returning.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-22 20:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The accuracy cap has been raised, which is a pretty good buff to impetus and counter, and overall white damage in general. Victory Smite is pretty strong when Impetus is up.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2019-04-22 20:46:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Shonaa said: »
Just got back from a few months away; reading through a few pages of this thread and chatting to some folks in game, apparently word is that MNK is good now? Can anyone fill me in on what happened? My gear is pretty gimped, but I haven't noticed a real change in my dps since returning.

MNK is still blindingly mediocre.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-04-23 07:00:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Frod said: »

Depends compared to what? AC Ramuh Volte spam? For sure XD
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Server: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-23 08:22:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »

From my experience at least 60% to 70% of ambu is more ideal to heal frontline to begin with, or at least half the phase is more ideal frontline.

This month is certainly frontline because of esuna. I think last month is also frontline friendly because of 25+(bigger than max casting range) aoe dmg.

Very very rarely that backline heal is more ideal than frontline. Nevermind the fact that geo is always frontline.

So really, nothing is lose to let mages do shell crusher.

Of course its not the end of the world to let DD do it instead, that doesnt mean its the most optimal choice in ideal scenerios.

This months ambu the whm and support shouldnt be meleeing. Most setups dont use a real tank, and the whm needs to be ready to status removal instantly and heal. Cant be stuck in an animation.

The support shouldnt be doing anything in combat other than bars. Buffs wear off? Sucks, bars. Doing anything during a warble can kill you.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-23 08:25:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Its only mediocre if you only zerg. In actual thought out groups built around its strengths its exceedingly powerful.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-04-23 08:28:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea I only play summoner cause that is the bandwagon...I mean best job ever !

My current linkshell has 18 summoners and we are hardcore. We only allow summoners in the linkshell. It's a pet linkshell that excludes PUP and BST. Good stuff.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-04-23 08:29:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought BLU was the go-to bandwagon job.

Mighty Guard all the things!
By fonewear 2019-04-23 08:31:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I heard SE is going to delete summoners from Asura. And no one will ever again make an aeonic weapon. Good stuff.
By fonewear 2019-04-23 08:35:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Monk is the greatest job of all time. And no summoner will ever touch us...we will counter punch em back to the summoner threads.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-04-23 08:37:19
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By eliroo 2019-04-23 08:41:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
This months ambu the whm and support shouldnt be meleeing. Most setups dont use a real tank, and the whm needs to be ready to status removal instantly and heal. Cant be stuck in an animation.

The support shouldnt be doing anything in combat other than bars. Buffs wear off? Sucks, bars. Doing anything during a warble can kill you.

I just can't stand reading some of the ***you post sometimes. You only need one person doing the warbles. You only WANT one person doing the warbles and that person probably isn't the WHM. The amount you need to cure this month is relatively low too. Do you have a decent regen set?

Also most groups don't run a tank? Are you ok?

This months ambuscade is exceedingly ideal for supports to be meleeing. The one doing the warbles (Probably geo, or if you have a lazy BRD make them do it) shouldn't be meleeing though, I agree there.
By SimonSes 2019-04-23 09:12:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyaarun is honestly out of touch on many things. He sounds like a guy who only do pugs and he judge everything only from that perspective.

eliroo said: »
The one doing the warbles (Probably geo, or if you have a lazy BRD make them do it) shouldn't be meleeing though

There is no risk if you melee as brd or geo while camping warbles and you do shell crusher during boss tp move.
[+]
By eliroo 2019-04-23 09:28:54
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Nyaarun is honestly out of touch on many things. He sounds like a guy who only do pugs and he judge everything only from that perspective.

The one doing the warbles (Probably geo, or if you have a lazy BRD make them do it) shouldn't be meleeing though

There is no risk if you melee as brd or geo while camping warbles and you do shell crusher during boss tp move.

Yeah thats pretty fair, if the support handling warbles can count to 30 they could probably shell crusher / WS occasionally if they are careful about it.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-23 09:49:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I just can't stand reading some of the ***you post sometimes. You only need one person doing the warbles. You only WANT one person doing the warbles and that person probably isn't the WHM. The amount you need to cure this month is relatively low too. Do you have a decent regen set?

Also most groups don't run a tank? Are you ok?

This months ambuscade is exceedingly ideal for supports to be meleeing. The one doing the warbles (Probably geo, or if you have a lazy BRD make them do it) shouldn't be meleeing though, I agree there.

Literally every run D and VD ive done this month has been support x1, healer x1, DD x4. No one is running a tank this month, unless you have a lionheart run friend.

And if you bothered to read before posting, i never stated whm would be doing bars, i stated support will. Meaning neither the whm nor the support can melee.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-04-23 09:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Tank is usually the one who does the most damage. Like in the WHM thread, you fail to see that a DD can be a tank as long as it keeps hate together based by pure damage alone.

If this month's ambuscade is easy enough to cure that a decent regen set keeps everyone healthy, there is no reason why a WHM can't DD. Misery + Esuna would cure most everything, and it's not like you will lose TP by Esuna.
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-04-23 09:58:27
Link | Quote | Reply

You derail topics more than me, I'm shocked.

Back to MONK BURN ALL THE THINGS
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-04-23 10:00:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiraj said: »
You derail topics more than me, I'm shocked.

Back to MONK BURN ALL THE THINGS
Repost cause, well....
Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Now back to your regularly scheduled fisting thread.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2019-04-23 10:04:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Highly doubt run is putting good numbers out with just 1 suppport.
By SimonSes 2019-04-23 10:24:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Literally every run D and VD ive done this month has been support x1, healer x1, DD x4. No one is running a tank this month, unless you have a lionheart run friend.

And if you bothered to read before posting, i never stated whm would be doing bars, i stated support will. Meaning neither the whm nor the support can melee.

And? You think that's your experience from this month is true for everyone?

I was doing VD with:
1. GEO, WHM, BRD, PLD, DRK, COR
2. DRK, WHM, BRD, PLD, DRK, COR (GEO changed to DRK for fun)
3. BRD, WHM, RUN, COR, WAR, THF

None of that looks like 4x DD, support and healer.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-23 10:27:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Tank is usually the one who does the most damage. Like in the WHM thread, you fail to see that a DD can be a tank as long as it keeps hate together based by pure damage alone.

If this month's ambuscade is easy enough to cure that a decent regen set keeps everyone healthy, there is no reason why a WHM can't DD. Misery + Esuna would cure most everything, and it's not like you will lose TP by Esuna.

Regen physically will not keep everyone healthy this month. Will not. Unless the person being hit is a run or pld. The mob has def down, max hp down, and is a monk with counter. Youll need to cure.
First Page 2 3 ... 250 251 252 ... 363 364 365