Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-12-18 10:59:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Akaden said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »
To Ramzus who was testing stuff recently and whoemver else has tested it already, what's the DPS difference of Neck+2 compared to other options like Anu Torque?
I'm not talking about Att capped situation, where the PDL kicks in and gives a pretty big bonus in favor of the torque.
I'm talking in a much more common situation where Acc is capped (so the huge Acc/DEX on it has little impact) but Att is not.

You lose Att and STP on Anu, but gain a big boost on Kick DMG+ and Kick attack rate (which, indirectly, will affect TP gain as well)

I'd love to see the DPS difference to see how far behind Anu Torque is in Setup1 (Samnua, Herc) and Setup2 (Bhikku+1, Anchorite+3)

Thanks!

I'm not at home ATM, but using the spreadsheet with no attack buffs, even capped +1 neck beats anu. Though not by much. The kick attacks + kick attack damage increase alone is really good. Both for TP gain and white damage.

Edit: forgot to mention this is with a kick-attacks build (hesy+3, anchorite+3). But I just checked with Kendatsuba +1, herc and it's a similar drop, though closer.
Neck has no STR alas. I wish...

My impression on a hunch is that in uncapped att situations the +1 is either on par or not better enough than Anu. Especially if using samnuha/herc.

I'm sure +2 is above in every setup, but by how much? Enough to justify 90 mils? Enough to buy mnk neck before other jobs' necks?
(different story at capped att of course, but I'm not talking about that scenario where the outcome is obvious)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-12-18 11:01:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like a hypothetical discussion that can be filed under "it depends"
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-12-18 11:06:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno. Doesn't seem that strange / niche. Outside of short fights where you gonna stack SPs I think its quite common that MNK won't be att capped. It's something to be thinking about when you have limited money and need to decide which +2 neck to buy next.

And +1 doesn't really seem good enough to me even as a temp placeholder. Better to save those 15 mils and wait till you've saved enough for +2.

I feel like +2 necks for some other jobs perform better. Some, not all of course.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2018-12-18 11:08:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't rely on spreadsheet for white damage numbers. Also if you're going to buy the +1 neck you may as well opt for Moonlight Nodowa and get the 10 STP/10 Zanshin for cheaper than an unaugmented +1.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-12-18 11:13:19
Link | Quote | Reply

And moonlight nodowa can be used by multiple jobs and can be resold. +1 neck is mnk only and cannot be resold (and requires time or further gil to cap the augment).

I second that feeling Ramzus, sounds a better way to spend money if someone wants a temporary improvement over Anu/Asperity.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-12-18 11:19:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't you still want the neck for footwork build damage and based weapon skills?
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2018-12-18 11:36:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably more so WS than anything? I dunno I just think it's a better investment to go straight for the +2 than to get a capped +1, then buy a +2 and cap that later anyway
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-12-18 11:39:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't recommend going +1 unless it's for a sub job you're not crazy about maxing it's potential. I have several jobs I settled for hq1 neck because they are already good DD jobs but for ones that need all the help they can get (ninja, Monk in my case), I went for the max. I did lower quality necks for war and dark because they need less than perfect support to compete. Was just my reasoning, I can see people who don't care for Monk going +1 neck but it's still sensible to have one for kicking WS
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-12-18 17:33:20
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have money +2 is always better, for every job, that's without questioning.
Point is that +1 is more than worth for multiple jobs, if you're not crazy for that job.

For MNK in particular instead I feel like the difference between +1 and other options is even smaller than it is on many other jobs, making +1 not really that worth honestly.
That was my point, I guess.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-12-18 20:07:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
<Fight>>

JAs: Berserk/Aggressor
FH (for AM)
JAs: Footwork/Focus
Spam Tornado/Dragon Kicks
[Footwork duration wears off]
FH (for AM)/Smite for one minute
[Berserk duration timer at 1:00]
Use Impetus/Focus
Spam Victory Smite or Self SC Smite > FH > Smite
[Impetus wears off]
<<cycle repeats>>
JAs: Berserk/Aggressor
etc~

Can do (start)fh>footwork/zerk(kick WS)>focus(smite)>impetus (smite)>focus(smite)> restart for Max buff timers. With impetus changes, you don't need that much berserk duration anymore so you can use it during focus and footwork

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Darkside
Server: Sylph
user: Kensai98
By Sylph.Darkside 2018-12-20 20:08:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have an up to date lua they don't mind sharing? All I can find is stuff from like 3 to 4 years ago and there's been many many changes to gear since than. Please! Thanks in advance!
 Leviathan.Sidra
Server: Leviathan
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2018-12-20 20:22:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I think if you are looking at the gears in the lua you are missing the point.
[+]
 Sylph.Darkside
Server: Sylph
user: Kensai98
By Sylph.Darkside 2018-12-20 21:05:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Sidra said: »
I think if you are looking at the gears in the lua you are missing the point.
Looked for Impetus and Footwork active too which were not there. hence the up to date request but thanks for the feedback. Can someone please help me out with a lua and not snarky comments?
By Nariont 2018-12-20 22:02:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Thought motes listed a few pages back did infact have an impetus swap/checker, might be misremembering
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-20 22:18:30
Link | Quote | Reply

The link I put up, with OG gearswaps from mont(kinematics) does indeed do impetus and have a footwork variant.

https://github.com/Kinematics/GearSwap-Jobs

Newer gearswaps have more bells and whistles though, so I mean it's not unreasonable to ask for an updated one with some newer gear to save some editing.
By Ruaumoko 2018-12-22 00:07:08
Link | Quote | Reply

New record for me on a Boosted auto-attack.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Afania 2018-12-22 04:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Boost during pain sync for increased dps.
By SimonSes 2018-12-22 12:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »

Actually Boost during Pain Sync is a good counter, because it disable auto attack for long enough to not get hurt I think :)
By Vishwambhari 2018-12-22 12:28:27
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Afania said: »

Actually Boost during Pain Sync is a good counter, because it disable auto attack for long enough to not get hurt I think :)
i think that's what he meant
By Afania 2018-12-22 12:46:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess Baniak view boost during pain sync as a defensive approach but I view it as offensive approach ;)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-12-22 14:29:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Glassy Thinker takes+50% blunt damage. That + boost at full duration (with the possibility of a Spharai or Sagitta double/triple damage proc) is probably the reason. Plus full buffs, and it was a critical hit.
By SimonSes 2018-12-22 18:27:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Glassy Thinker takes+50% blunt damage. That + boost at full duration (with the possibility of a Spharai or Sagitta double/triple damage proc) is probably the reason. Plus full buffs, and it was a critical hit.

I wonder how that works actually.. afaik Sagitta and Spharai can only have double/tripel damage on first hit of an attack round, but Veret has it's triple damage proc on first hit of sub hand fist (I think). Does that mean, that Spharai and Sagitta can proc on booosted auto attack, but Veret can't? I wonder...
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-12-22 18:31:34
Link | Quote | Reply

they all only proc on the first hit, see no reason why vere can't
[+]
By SimonSes 2018-12-22 18:39:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
they all only proc on the first hit

Ok nice then. Still technically the highest epeen boosted damage on auto attack will come from augmented Spharai. Based on that number with Sagitta, 60k+ should be possible on Glassy thinker with triple, instead of double damage proc. Would be fun to see :)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-12-22 19:04:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm assuming it's a double and not triple damage proc since I don't think Rua has Spharai. Either way, that's how I imagine the huge numbers are stacked. It's also a great way to start off this months ambuscade with the first heavy punch
 Asura.Mcdonalds
By Asura.Mcdonalds 2018-12-23 09:02:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Rua has sagg. And it can proc double damage on any of the hits. I only say that because I have su5 thf fully upgraded with double damage and it can proc on any of the swings for that hand.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-12-23 09:10:55
Link | Quote | Reply

well i have sagg, spharai, vere and i can tell you that it can't.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 230 231 232 ... 363 364 365