iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 212 213 214 ... 363 364 365
 Odin.Horu
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: stratusx
By Odin.Horu 2018-08-20 06:14:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Dnc gifts for subtle blow ["Subtle Blow" Effect Bonus:Increases "Subtle Blow" effect bonus by X]

Mnk's gifts for subtle blow [Subtle Blow Effect: Decreases TP given to target by X%]

In regards to how its written in gifts, it could be dnc gets subtle blow II, however monk's one is written in a way that seems to implicate it to be more in turn of a passive "Penance" effect (10% when capped)
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-08-20 09:48:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Byrthnoth tested the Moonbow Belt +1 and SBII cap. I think his test didn't show anything unusual or unexpected, so I don't think Monk is breaking any caps with their JP. I don't know if he had job points or not at the time. I don't know about any DNC bonus testing.
 Asura.Topace
Server: Asura
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2018-08-22 20:06:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Caro Neck isn't better than fotia for VS and SS? But the Mooonbow belt is better than Fotia Belt?

And for Ascetic Fury wouldn't the Ambu pants +2 be better than ken plus one since it has +13 more strength,+7 more Vit, +27 atk and the WSD+7?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-08-22 20:14:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Both of your questions are answered with; multi attack

The triple attack ws numbers "on average" will be higher, while the other piece would be more consistent.

Matter of 10k ws consistently, or 9,500~12000, sheet is going to tell you the latter is better.
By SimonSes 2018-08-23 06:27:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ascetic fury is specific WS because its 2hits but first hit only has 1fTP, so subhand hit and every hit from multiattack is as strong as first hit. That means triple attack proc on Ascetic will double its damage and 2x triple attack proc will triple its damage. WSD on the other hand is very limited for this ws because it only works for the first hit. Usually one or 2 hits WSes has high ftp on first hit making wsd very good option and limiting multiattack effectiveness but in this case its the oposite scenario.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-23 09:36:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have any neat 4 step SCs for Monk? I've been using Asuran > Tornado Kick/Raging Fists > Smite > Smite for fusion > double light. Just looking for different options to mess around with.
By SimonSes 2018-08-23 14:27:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Anyone have any neat 4 step SCs for Monk? I've been using Asuran > Tornado Kick/Raging Fists > Smite > Smite for fusion > double light. Just looking for different options to mess around with.

That's probably the best one, but I wonder if that would work with Godhands(seems neat with footwork).

Torando>Tornado>OneInchPunch>Dragon>Shjin>Victory

If I'm not mistaken that's

Detonation>Gravitation>Fragmentation>Light>Radiance
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-23 14:32:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks.

Not sure if it's just me, but I already seem to have an issue landing 4-step SCs on MNK unless I have Sam's/Fighter's rolls; MNK just seems slower getting to 1000% tp IMO. Don't have this issue on other jobs particularly, so adding two more steps may be a challenge. Most things die to a 3-4 step anyways(apex raptors die at 3, eruca die at 3/4), but I'll keep it in mind. Tornado Kick seems to do well with Footwork up, and One-Inch Punch is okay I guess, but stringing that chain of not-great WS together just for a 6 step seems impractical. And I'm a spharai user atm, so can't radiance anyways.
By SimonSes 2018-08-23 15:17:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah from practical point it wouldn't be that great. Was thinking about it more as a cool thing to do :)

With Impetus down you can try:

Final Heaven > Asuran > Victory Smite > Final Heaven > Final Heaven

That should be gravitation > fragmentation > light > double light
and you can also start from Asuran to cut off one step.
[+]
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2018-08-23 19:44:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Trying to replicate that 27k Cataclysm how are you doing that ; ;
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-08-23 20:02:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Topace said: »
Trying to replicate that 27k Cataclysm how are you doing that ; ;

Many, Many buffs.

Acumen Malaise Wizards Storm probably even boost-Int
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-08-23 20:05:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Think I hit around that number with just capped fTP, Malaise, and weather.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-23 20:18:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Not even that many buffs actually. I hit 27k or close to it cleaving for an Ou run. Only required idris malaise and 3k tp. I have the same set snaps has with similar augments. The key is to just use it on the right monsters and no resists

Malaise may have been BOG
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-08-23 20:25:44
Link | Quote | Reply

3k tp is cheating, different story
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-08-23 20:30:33
Link | Quote | Reply

The context of hitting ~27k has always been with ~3k TP.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-24 11:01:31
Link | Quote | Reply

hitting 27k is also not necessary anyways. Most of those mobs in Omen (minus the Trans) only have 16k HP or so, so malaise and maybe entrust acumen/roll might be enough with 1500~ tp. The real important part is to pull and group them together, and have your smn/brd sleep/stun them while you prep the AOE.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-08-27 05:42:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Anybody knows the exact way Footwork and Kick Attack work these days?
Because back in the days Kick Attack used to be:

Damage => Base H2H damage + Gear equipped on foot (if relevant) + a bonus granted by the Footwork JA (+20ish?) + bonus by Job Points and/or other sources.

Damage and Delay on the weapon equipped in MH were ignored. Not the stats of course.

From various sources I read instead that:
Specific feet equipment no longer give +base damage to KA, just +attack when a KA procs.
Damage for the weapon equipped in MH is considered for kick attack. Basically MH damage is the base for Kick attack damage, plus you get more damage by Job Points, Footwork and other stuff.

When/Where was this tested?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2018-08-27 06:20:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Different "'Kick Attacks' attack+" things are still giving base damage to kicks.

I think I remember confirming that my Kicks had higher attack than my punches back when I was doing all the kick testing last year when I had Footwork up, but it's difficult to quantify a particular attack boost, job points (40 atk) are confounding, and I'm unwilling to put in the time.

I don't know if they adjusted Kick Attacks so they aren't worse than punches, but it would make sense. I would recommend checking release notes for that.
By SimonSes 2018-08-27 06:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I think during Footwork, both MH and Kick damage from feet works, while without Footwork only feet damage works. It would be super easy to test tho. Just go and use footwork with various equip and you will know the answer really fast. 100+ base dmg is something you can notice instantly on your hits :)
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-08-27 06:36:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
I would recommend checking release notes for that.
No mention about this anywhere, at least in the english patch notes.

Yet this page on BG-wiki claims that, at least during footwork, the damage on the weapon is added to the kick damage.
That would be quite a huge difference that would be easily spottable even without any specific test. We're talking about ~180 damage difference here, pretty noticeable.

That's supposing the info on BGwiki are correct, I'm skeptic about it even though it would make perfect sense.
If Byrth is correct (feet equip still give +damage) then a Monk with Godhands and Anchorite's Gaiters +3 during footwork would have: 278+20+20+120 base damage, for a total of 438 which seems pretty huge if you ask me.
I don't think that's the case so either BG-wiki is wrong or Byrth is or both, I dunno.

Any testing would require capped attack. Without that the multiple "+attack on kick attack" bonuses would skew the test and make it difficult to tell the difference between base damage increase and attack increase.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-08-27 06:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Last time I eyeballed my Monk's Kickattacks were doing less damage than my fists.
With Master job points, Footwork up AND Anchorite's gaiters +3 they were pretty close to each other.

Last time I remember checking that is BEFORE the Boost patch though. I'm not sure if concurrently with that they ninja-changed something about Footwork/KickAttacks.

Would also explain why so many people are getting nice results from Tornado Kick during Footwork.
Last time I tested that (and Byrth did that too, both of us before the Boost patch) it was found out that there was no attack bonus % as previously thought and that by itself the WS wasn't really as good as it sounded on paper.
BUT if what we just said is true, then yes that would explain pretty good results from Tornado Kick during Footwork.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2018-08-27 06:43:20
Link | Quote | Reply

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/52969-August.-3-2017-%28JST%29-Version-Update

Quote:
Footwork now adds weapon damage to the damage of kick attacks.

The bgwiki page was edited by FaeQueenCory on August 3rd, 2017, which was the date of the update.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-08-27 06:46:06
Link | Quote | Reply

So kick attacks during footwork have a base damage of ~438 with Godhands equipped? °-°''

Damn I really need to make a better Tornado Kick set lol
By SimonSes 2018-08-27 06:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it really a problem tho? Take cor with chaos roll and geo with frality/fury and go to escha kill some aerns. Like you have said, it will be noticable right away.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-08-27 06:52:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Not a problem at all. Was just warning anyone willing to perform some small tests that capped att will be required to avoid skewing it :D

Doesn't seem to me the difference in damage is that huge compared to my fists, but I'll be very happy to find out I'm wrong!
By SimonSes 2018-08-27 06:56:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
So kick attacks during footwork have a base damage of ~438 with Godhands equipped? °-°''

Damn I really need to make a better Tornado Kick set lol

This was my main motivation for making Godhands tbh.
I'm speculating using VS with Veret when Impetus is up (assuming you spam as close to 1000TP as possible) and use Tornado with Godhands and Footwork when Impetus is down and Godhands/Spharai/Veret with Raging/FH/VS when both are down.

I'm not sure when would be the best time to use Berserk tho, if you are not attack capped. I would say probably with footwork and 2min of Impetus.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-08-27 07:54:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Swapping weapon can be pretty lame... Although I guess if you time it right after a ws maybe the dpsloss would be minimized. Would it be worth it though, in terms of pure dps output?
By SimonSes 2018-08-27 08:42:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Swapping weapon can be pretty lame... Although I guess if you time it right after a ws maybe the dpsloss would be minimized. Would it be worth it though, in terms of pure dps output?

Idk, but it would be fun for sure. Also dps loss just from switching would be minimal. You would lose like what? 400TP in 5 min?
 Odin.Horu
Server: Odin
user: stratusx
By Odin.Horu 2018-08-27 08:51:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Has someone tried with Bhikku Gaiters +1?
Those are suppose to add direct kick attack dmg (+55) plus increase footworks attack modifier by 10%.
I am curious if this attack increase bypasses pDIF since footworks is a combination of 2 separate dmg, perhaps the attack is added onto existing attack as well much like the dmg.
That would be a .35 increase in pDIF if it does since h2h pDIF caps at 3.5 , however would have to cap attack first to find out.

EDIT: says on bg wiki that bhikku's only needs to be equiped on activation, in essence, you could equip Anchorite for the weapon skill since thats a +120 dmg increase
First Page 2 3 ... 212 213 214 ... 363 364 365