users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » iiPunch - Monk Guide
iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 196 197 198 ... 363 364 365
By fonewear 2018-07-04 13:01:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
I see a few of the typical worthless sarcastic posts

The entire job is basically useless so why wouldn't the discussion of monk be the same.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Kyte 2018-07-04 13:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

There are non-worthless posts every few pages that quickly devolve into "but mnksuxxxxxxx," followed by anyone who attempted to showcase some of Monk's more redeeming qualities giving up on communicating to the wretched denizens of this forum.
[+]
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2018-07-04 13:33:19
Link | Quote | Reply

MNK isn't that bad. People just like to be dramatic for attention
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2018-07-04 13:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

not this ***again
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinxs
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2018-07-04 14:18:02
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
The biggest possibly is they chose to use the fugliest model possible for a hand to hand. It could have been a blue cesti. Literally nothing is worse than claws model

I agree there are lots of interesting H2H design and they chose the most boring model.

I think the Mythic H2H looks the best...sadly not worth the invest just to look cool.

*Coughbestmodelcough
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2018-07-04 14:25:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinxs said: »
*Coughbestmodelcough
WTF. Is that a heart??
[+]
By fonewear 2018-07-04 14:29:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Negan said: »
*Coughbestmodelcough
WTF. Is that a heart??

It's a way for other jobs to experience what it is like to be monk !

And yes that is a heart.
 Bahamut.Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2018-07-04 14:38:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Reminds me of this for some reason.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-04 14:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

<.<;;;;;;;;?

Where did you find this
 Bahamut.Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2018-07-04 14:46:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
<.<;;;;;;;;?

Where did you find this
Eiryl is THE BloodNinja?? /praise

http://www.megalomaniac.com/~andrew/funny/bloodcyber.html
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2018-07-05 00:51:45
Link | Quote | Reply

MNK won!!! A kick Attack Neck!
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2018-07-05 20:40:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Parses aren't meaningful, because they don't represent all available information. Case in point:
https://youtu.be/l0udClEjcds?t=125

Relative to Phuoc's SMN, Primex's WAR did 23.7% as much damage. Does that mean we can claim SMN does 4x as much as WAR..? No, it doesn't. Even considering that his WS usage was visibly correct in the video and it's someone who was almost certainly geared properly, something as simple as unlucky misses could have skewed that parse.

Edit: Far too late post to comment on anyway, and I see what's going on in that video now. Still seems like a silly comparison regardless.

For one, he only hit for over 30k once, I hardly think that's "properly geared MS warrior" My RUN can hit harder than that, and it doesn't even get MS. (Not saying he has bad gear in general, but he was using Ragnarok, he was lockstyled, and you can tell he was either missing alot or wasn't even near attack cap.)

Not saying that SMN burn isn't more effective. It is, there's just no need to be so misleading about it.
 Lakshmi.Darkdoom
Server: Lakshmi
user: DarkdoomG
By Lakshmi.Darkdoom 2018-07-06 05:26:06
Link | Quote | Reply

So, in the interest of something related to monk and not just how bad it is...

Any monks have some Final Heaven sets they could post? Obviously it's not the most useful aftermath in the world, but for times I'd like it up, I'd at least like to have an idea of what set to use for it.
 Cerberus.Immortalmoon
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Immortalmoon 2018-07-06 06:58:26
Link | Quote | Reply

monk is the drunken master!
[+]
 Asura.Topace
By Asura.Topace 2018-07-06 07:10:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Darkdoom said: »

Any monks have some Final Heaven sets they could post? Obviously it's not the most useful aftermath in the world, but for times I'd like it up, I'd at least like to have an idea of what set to use for it.
Don't have relic past 75 lol but this is the set I have for it.

ItemSet 359891
 Bismarck.Gippali
Server: Bismarck
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2018-07-06 10:01:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I would swap that Moonshade for Telos, Sherida, or Brutal. Then swap fotia belt to moonbow (+1).

If you are having bad luck with vit/wsd/acc/att augs on herc you can use AF/Relic +3 body and feet. Not set on doing the full vit/wsd route on herc, your HF/RF pieces with str/wsd will do just fine. Ken (+1) body also works decently for the multi-attack on it.
By fonewear 2018-07-06 10:16:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Immortalmoon said: »

monk is the drunken master!

Even as a joke I want this to happen.

Just give monk some trait that if you drink beer/wine.

Monk becomes more powerful that is reason enough to justify it.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Bismarck.Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2018-07-06 10:31:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Say ten things that aren't Jackie Chan!
By fonewear 2018-07-06 10:38:41
Link | Quote | Reply

It really isn't that bad all joking aside just not great for what most people want to do.

I would love to invest more time and energy into monk...but I can't justify finishing Verethragna for a job I rarely get to play.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-07-06 10:50:57
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
The biggest possibly is they chose to use the fugliest model possible for a hand to hand. It could have been a blue cesti. Literally nothing is worse than claws model

I agree there are lots of interesting H2H design and they chose the most boring model.

I think the Mythic H2H looks the best...sadly not worth the invest just to look cool.

*Coughbestmodelcough

Is this still attainable?
 Bismarck.Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2018-07-06 10:52:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I use relic knucks a good portion of the time. I have always had pretty good results with them. Do plan on dat red glow soon though!
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-07-06 10:53:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Topace said: »

ItemSet 359891

I'm working on monk next, thanks for this. Easy set to build actually. Just have to start/finish spharai.
 Lakshmi.Darkdoom
user: DarkdoomG
By Lakshmi.Darkdoom 2018-07-06 11:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Topace said: »

ItemSet 359891

I'm working on monk next, thanks for this. Easy set to build actually. Just have to start/finish spharai.

I still need to afterglow mine, but they seem promising.

Hardest part about that set is gonna be bringing monk to enough omen to get the cards, thankfully my ls lets me play monk. Also, assuming the herc is WSD + VIT?

Was there any discussion done on Relic +3? Some of the pieces look like they could be worthwhile, but it's hard to say.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-07-06 11:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Monk can function in every single Omen except maybe Kei, and in that case could be Chi Blast support (jk). No, but seriously. MNK does fine. GEO COR BRD MNK TANK WHM, boss will hardly get TP and your dps will be enough to take it down, albeit slower. Or just form your own groups/card runs. Average cards per boss is 2-3, so you'd need about 15 boss runs to finish hands from scratch (41 cards, so about two weeks to finish). If doing card runs, can get 3-5 per run (normally 4+ if you're not soloing objectives), so probably around 8-11 runs (1.5 weeks or less). Not hard to do at all.

I'd say it would be harder to convince someone to let you come MNK to Windy Dynamis, seeing as how the rave now is all about getting to wave 3. So unless you're pretty decked out, you'd be along for the carry. Thankfully, it's a one-time thing.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinxs
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2018-07-06 11:09:38
Link | Quote | Reply

How well can mnk take hits these days?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-07-06 11:12:50
Link | Quote | Reply

They'd be using Kenda(+1) set, Moonbow belt(+1), and probably some damage taken on the cape anyways. I'd say they are just fine in taking damage. Of course, you'd carry around a hybrid set anyways and Chakra when ready. They take aoe damage around the same as a ninja, from what I've seen. Minus the shadows/migawari safety net. If its something magical like an Omen boss, use Dark Carol +/Fade and you have zero issues with Malign Invocation, Interference, and Meteor/Comet, which are the most deadly abilities and are dark based. Damage from those three would be double digits at best, if both carol/fade is up.
[+]
 Bismarck.Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2018-07-06 11:43:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I still need to afterglow mine, but they seem promising.

Hardest part about that set is gonna be bringing monk to enough omen to get the cards, thankfully my ls lets me play monk. Also, assuming the herc is WSD + VIT?

Was there any discussion done on Relic +3? Some of the pieces look like they could be worthwhile, but it's hard to say.

Guessing all of you just completely missed my first post...

Bismarck.Gippali said: »
I would swap that Moonshade for Telos, Sherida, or Brutal. Then swap fotia belt to moonbow (+1).

If you are having bad luck with vit/wsd/acc/att augs on herc you can use AF/Relic +3 body and feet. Not set on doing the full vit/wsd route on herc, your HF/RF pieces with str/wsd will do just fine. Ken (+1) body also works decently for the multi-attack on it.

Edit: On the topic of DT Hybrid set, You can actually get one that rocks around 1150 ACC w/o buffs with DT-39, PDT-11, MDT-4ish(?), and decent Meva.
 Asura.Topace
By Asura.Topace 2018-07-06 12:17:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea the Final Heaven Set could probably use some improvements. I never actually plan to use the WS lol.

As far as Relic +3 goes the Head is a must have. The Body is awesome for Idle and goes well with the feet in a Counter set.
 Bismarck.Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2018-07-06 12:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Head: Weaponskills and Penance/Chi Blast sets

Body: DT, Formless, and Counter/Counter Crit Rate sets

Hands: Chakra and maybe Shijin sets depending on other gear

Legs: 2hr duration and VS/Shijin sets depending on other gear

Feet: Counter Crit Rate feet and maybe ws sets depending on other gear
First Page 2 3 ... 196 197 198 ... 363 364 365