Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2016-11-10 11:47:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kuroganashi said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »
Now see the average Vsmite damage and compare it to the average damage of plenty of other WSs.

But it's not when I look at it. I think people are compared buffed "other WS's" vs non-buffed VS's. BLU's don't do 20K CDC's without lots of party buffs. My god tier WAR's Resolutions are only 9~11K without outside buffs on most relevant content.

VS is 2.25 + 3x 1.0 fTP hits with 80% STR and 10/25/45 crit chance. About the only downside I can see is that MNK doesn't have access to the high STR heavy DD armor but it does have HQ Rao / Ryu which have pretty solid STR augment paths along with Adhemar and Herc gear.

The only real downside I can see is MNK not having a very good fTP scaling WS like Savage / Ten / Resolution / Torc / Mistral / Rudra's / Stardiver. Raging fists looks interesting but it's 32/32 WSC kinda limits how much you can exploit stat stacking.

Fair enough but wouldn't you say 2-5 K is weak ?

All we asking is to make that into a 5-8 K Spikes of 12 K maybe !?

Reasonable DMG to be consider OK to bring along on a party.

That's not how damage works in this game. There is no "deals 2~5K damage" weapon skill, instead it's a bunch of numbers added then multiplied. One of those numbers, qRatio, is the difference between the attackers attack and the defenders defense and acts like a big multiplier to all the damage. 1H caps at 3.25, 2H at 3.75 and H2H now seems to be 3.5. That's just a cap, you still need the attack bonus / defense down to reach it and that only happens in high buff situations or when fighting obscenely weak monsters.

If you are only getting 5K on a VS, then either your gear sucks ***, your fighting something so far above you that it's ridiculous, or your fighting a monster with so little HP that all the extra hits aren't being counted.
By Afania 2016-11-10 13:16:01
Link | Quote | Reply

back then MNK had survivabiltiy yes, but also DMG was pretty good compared with other jobs.

Nowdays I see PLD will out DD a monk........... >.> Which is sad Specially for those that put effort on MNK (Not only for DELVE but as an Actual JOB)

that is what I am refering, if MNK could at least Stand with a VICTORY SMITE (7-9 K) most of the time be nicer than a 2-5 k as it is.

I keep reading this PLD out DD MNK things, exactly what was the situation? Was it a PLD sub NIN spamming CDC with mythic or almace? Or are you just eyeballing the ws avg difference because PLD uses Savage blade at 2000 TP? Was it a REMA PLD v.s middle if the road MNK?

Without any of the context idk how you get the conclusion that "PLD is stronger DD than MNK"
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-11-10 13:27:20
Link | Quote | Reply

With decent buffs and a focus on offense, it isn't too hard to see how PLD could easily beat MNK damage given a similar level of gearing.
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2016-11-10 13:31:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if MNK will ever get a reforged ilevel version of this:

[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2016-11-10 13:51:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Avallon said: »
I wonder if MNK will ever get a reforged ilevel version of this:

I wish !!!!!!!!!! ><

that be nice.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2016-11-10 13:52:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
back then MNK had survivabiltiy yes, but also DMG was pretty good compared with other jobs.

Nowdays I see PLD will out DD a monk........... >.> Which is sad Specially for those that put effort on MNK (Not only for DELVE but as an Actual JOB)

that is what I am refering, if MNK could at least Stand with a VICTORY SMITE (7-9 K) most of the time be nicer than a 2-5 k as it is.

I keep reading this PLD out DD MNK things, exactly what was the situation? Was it a PLD sub NIN spamming CDC with mythic or almace? Or are you just eyeballing the ws avg difference because PLD uses Savage blade at 2000 TP? Was it a REMA PLD v.s middle if the road MNK?

Without any of the context idk how you get the conclusion that "PLD is stronger DD than MNK"

Savage Blade 11,722 ~ 18:317

Victory Smite 2-5 K
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-11-10 13:59:25
Link | Quote | Reply

My shitty Oatixur Monk average 8k VS in Reisenjima with a GEO mule + trusts with spikes over 12k. It's not as good as it could be, but it could be worse. Overall I think my Monk's DPS is a bit better than my PLD's was.

This was not the buff that Monk needed to make it competitive with DDs, though.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-11-10 14:02:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically the MNK sucked and the PLD did a few 3K TP savages. Somehow that makes PLD a better DD...

Can't imagine people to be that HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2016-11-10 14:05:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
My shitty Oatixur Monk average 8k VS in Reisenjima with a GEO mule + trusts with spikes over 12k. It's not as good as it could be, but it could be worse. Overall I think my Monk's DPS is a bit better than my PLD's was.

This was not the buff that Monk needed to make it competitive with DDs, though.
Show me your VS set plz

Basically the MNK sucked and the PLD did a few 3K TP savages. Somehow that makes PLD a better DD...

Can't imagine people to be that HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
LOL buddy PLD doing 11-18 K where MNK constantly doing 2-5 K
By Afania 2016-11-10 14:06:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
With decent buffs and a focus on offense, it isn't too hard to see how PLD could easily beat MNK damage given a similar level of gearing.

I would imagine it's probably sub NIN and spam CDC with REMA weapons.

Unless using sequence I kinda doubt Savage blade is even ideal ws unless I'm missing tp bonus gear from pld.

The issue is that Kuros claim like this

Savage Blade 11,722 ~ 18:317

Victory Smite 2-5 K

Is clearly eyeballed, not a parse result. And there are basically no context in terms of content target or buffs. 18k Savage is very doable on T1 or vol2 VD ambuscade, but not so much in htbc.

You never know how much tp pld had when they do that ws. I've seen a lot of PUG players like to save tp for Savage because they think they do more dmg at 2000 tp, so that inflated their ws avg but they don't necessary parse higher due to lower ws frequency(unless you are cor or war)

Maybe that 18k Savage is from a sequence user, idk. I just find claims like "pld does 18k Savage vs mnk does 2k therefore mnk suck" is extremely baseless in a DPS discussion.
 Bismarck.Gippali
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2016-11-10 14:08:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Different parties? Different buffs? Far less ACC in WS sets? Saying PLD does 10k DMG more then MNk doesn't explain much.
By Afania 2016-11-10 14:10:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Already in 2016 and people still do same thing as 2008, which is eyeballing ws dmg then draw conclusion based on eyeballing result.
[+]
 Bismarck.Lothoro
user: Lothoro
By Bismarck.Lothoro 2016-11-10 15:58:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I think Kuro was referring to his MNK getting outparsed by PLDs... which should surprise no one.
[+]
 Asura.Crevox
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2016-11-10 16:02:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »

Already in 2016 and people still do same thing as 2008, which is eyeballing ws dmg then draw conclusion based on eyeballing result.

Especially when it's a job that (attempts) to have a lot of its damage come from auto-attacks.
[+]
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2016-11-15 20:11:05
Link | Quote | Reply

My monk is dusting in my mog house waiting to be use *sighs*
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-11-15 22:27:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been duoing merits with my mnk friend, He has a vere and relic AG. Honestly his dps isnt that bad, its by no means going to work on HELM or take #1 spot in a group of decked players. But if you wanted to use mnk on things such as T3 or lower, SR, ambuscade etc I think mnk is definitely a great choice if you have it geared well.

His dot was great, I was happy with his white dmg and dont think there is really any issue with it. His WS was the big draw back, while I did 11k~ avg he was hitting 6-7k avg (honestly forget but its close to that). I can remember some of his spikes in the mod teens too. mnk isnt THAT far behind.

Think of them like a avg dd, when they are decked out. I mean its not fair for all the work it takes, but at that lv of dedication mnk is more useful than Joe-Schmo PUG blu.
 Asura.Topace
By Asura.Topace 2016-11-15 23:38:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I'm overcapped on Martial Arts(I have +23 in tp gear) for my monk. I really don't understand how that works. Someone told me that monk is already overcapped with the Job Trait itself?
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-11-19 02:39:13
Link | Quote | Reply

For those that have multiple mnk REAM would you suggest relic h2h? I will be getting aeonic eventually, but have a desire to make relic. I dont have it already so I dont want to throw to much gil away if its something I will never really use.
By Calinari 2016-11-19 04:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azagarth said: »
For those that have multiple mnk REAM would you suggest relic h2h? I will be getting aeonic eventually, but have a desire to make relic. I dont have it already so I dont want to throw to much gil away if its something I will never really use.

Depending on what you'll do with mnk, having that much free counter is kinda neat. It's never going to win dps, but you solo alot, that's a usable argument for Sphari.

I haven't felt like throwing away the 100m to Glow it though, so unless you're happy pissing away 150m for lols, I don't see a lot of reason to bother really.
 Asura.Topace
By Asura.Topace 2016-11-30 19:09:49
Link | Quote | Reply

How does GodHand stack up against the REM h2h?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-12-01 03:54:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Godhands is arguably the best H2H atm.
Not sure on Glanz with AM3 up for short fights, but it should be better than Spharai and probably even than Verethragna, given how ungenerous the AM effect is (doesn't proc on Multiattack, doesn't proc offhand, etc)
 Asura.Ganno
user: ganon8413
By Asura.Ganno 2016-12-01 05:34:48
Link | Quote | Reply

from BGwiki:
"Unlike Relics, Empyrean double damage can proc on any additional hits (Double Attack, Triple Attack, Zanshin) initiated by the weapon. It cannot proc on Counters or Retaliations, and Verethragna is strange in that it can only proc on hits generated by one of the hands. "
 Asura.Akamatzu
user: Akamatzu
By Asura.Akamatzu 2016-12-01 06:11:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone explain to me how much martial arts is needed for it hurts TP gain and how they got that number?

I would calculate it myself, but I have no idea how to start that math. :(
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-12-01 06:30:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ganno said: »
from BGwiki:
"Unlike Relics, Empyrean double damage can proc on any additional hits (Double Attack, Triple Attack, Zanshin) initiated by the weapon. It cannot proc on Counters or Retaliations, and Verethragna is strange in that it can only proc on hits generated by one of the hands. "
Someone a few pages ago posted replying to byrth who was asking, that Vere sadly doesn't work like that
By geigei 2016-12-01 06:42:55
Link | Quote | Reply

People read too much bgwiki.
First Page 2 3 ... 113 114 115 ... 363 364 365