By Asura.Evihime 2022-02-16 16:44:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn the fusetto? really? That thing makes me wanna vomit :(

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By FaeQueenCory 2022-02-17 18:54:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jyubeii said: »
give aura steal a whirl, but i don't know what is and isn't absorbable. is it the same as absorb-attri more or less? which also has little information on what statuses work btw.
Pretty much yes. Anything that Dispel can hit, Aura Steal can yank.
Which is indeed the same as Asorb-Attri.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-02-17 21:20:33
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
give aura steal a whirl, but i don't know what is and isn't absorbable. is it the same as absorb-attri more or less? which also has little information on what statuses work btw.
That's not true. There's a good number of buffs that Dispel can hit, but Absorb-Attri cannot.

For example, Preying Posture.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-02-17 21:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

It's basically anything a player could have naturally, aura steal can steal.

Anything a blue can cast and any ja a player could use.

Except 2hours and stuff that mobs don't have like Seigan, Composure etc
 Asura.Skyekitty
By Asura.Skyekitty 2022-02-18 18:36:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I was reading a bit back and saw the discussion on offhand with Gleti's winning out at R20. How do offhands compare when using R0 Gleti's?

Tauret, R0 Gleti's, Cent, Crepescular (sp?), or anything else.

I don't have the means atm to grind Odyssey but I have all the daggers with Gleti's at R0.

Thank you!
[+]
By Shichishito 2022-02-18 18:42:53
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
i always thought absorb attri can only absorb attributes, STR, DEX, AGI, INT, MND, CHR and that stealing other buffs like for example ATT or en- spells would be, THFs larceny aside, unique to BLUs absorb spells osmosis and voracious trunk.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-02-18 18:44:33
Link | Quote | Reply

It is a poorly named spell indeed
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-02-18 18:45:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
i always thought absorb attri can only absorb attributes, STR, DEX, AGI, INT, MND, CHR.
Absorb-Attri and Absorb-STR, Absorb-DEX etc are all different spells

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Category:Absorb_Spell
 Asura.Evihime
user: Evihime
By Asura.Evihime 2022-02-22 11:35:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Can any1 confirm me Twash r15 is the best mh right now? And is not Anus/Twash anymore?
Gleti r20>crep>gleti best OH?
 Asura.Evihime
By Asura.Evihime 2022-02-22 11:35:48
Link | Quote | Reply

wait are u
Asura.Bippin said: »
Shichishito said: »
i always thought absorb attri can only absorb attributes, STR, DEX, AGI, INT, MND, CHR.
Absorb-Attri and Absorb-STR, Absorb-DEX etc are all different spells

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Category:Absorb_Spell
Wait aure u Gunit Gunit???
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-02-22 12:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Evihime said: »
wait are u
Yes my old friend.
 Asura.Evihime
By Asura.Evihime 2022-02-22 12:05:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bippin said: »
Asura.Evihime said: »
wait are u
Yes my old friend.
HOLY *** <3
 Asura.Nyarlko
user: Nyarlko
By Asura.Nyarlko 2022-02-27 00:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

shastax said: »
Asura.Otomis said: »
Any Beryllium Arrow suppliers on Asura? Seems to be a dry market.

Yeah, if only it didn't take 90+ woodworking, smithing, clothcraft, and synergy to make them...

I've been out of the game since late 2020, but am finally looking at coming back to FFXI in early March, and I can make these for anyone on Asura who can provide the mats. ^^

BTW, anyone have an idea on what fotia-type synergy's are going for these day? Used to be my favorite source of steady income.
By SimonSes 2022-02-27 02:59:41
Link | Quote | Reply

You was taking money for making fotia? I was doing that for free :)

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Nyarlko
user: Nyarlko
By Asura.Nyarlko 2022-02-27 09:43:17
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
You was taking money for making fotia? I was doing that for free :)

Not a huge amount, but enough to make it worth my time to teach most folks about how to do synergy. Usually left the tip/pricing up to the customer, and generally got 300k-1mil per synth. I waived the fee for newbies who genuinely couldn't afford to pay anything, and they got an invite to my ls instead since helping newbs become vets for free was kinda the reason I founded it. :)
By dontclickme 2022-03-07 20:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

nothing on asura is free
my free w3 clears say otherwise.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-03-11 08:15:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I would consider a few changes to the accessories but you're mostly good with that set. None of these are very major.

Crepuscular earring --> Ishvara earring
Dingir Ring --> Epaminondas's ring
Iskur Gorget --> Assassin's Gorget +2

This is assuming your accuracy is still capped, which I think it should be. You can make an argument for the dingir ring over epa because of diminishing returns on WSD, but I think the 5 WSD is still favored over the 10 agi and 25 ranged attack. It's fairly close though. The same argument goes for the neck as well. Empyreal arrow has a 50% agility mod and a 20% strength mod, and at 3K TP it has a 5.0 fTP mod so if you don't lose hit rate the 15 agi on our JSE neck should be better than iskur gorget.

There is also the newly introduced Republican's Platinum medal for the neck slot. It's the reward from the final voracious storyline mission currently available to us, and if you stay capped on accuracy then it's another strictly better neck option than iskur gorget. Same ranged attack but 10 more strength. Everything else looks perfect to me so those are the only slots I would even consider tweaking.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-03-11 08:39:16
Link | Quote | Reply

You may need to consider eating a hybrid food over a pure ranged attack food on vengence 20. I think grape daifuquu's +1 is still the best option for that. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. But it also gets easier if you get some mastery rank levels on your thief. Each M rank adds 1 agility, 1 strength, and 1 archery skill, so essentially 2 points of ranged accuracy and attack. That extra 60 ranged acc/attack you get at mastery rank 30 is extremely useful. But if your accuracy is capped, those are the only slots you should consider tweaking. Gleti's cuirass isn't a viable option against arrebati if you ask me. I don't think even rangers can cap ranged attack on him with velocity shot up, so the odds of getting any benefit from gleti's over nyame in this case are basically zero. Nyame is definitely the go to set for this fight.
By DaneBlood 2022-03-18 14:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

does Plunderer's culottes have to be on at feint ja activation or for when the strike hits?

I believe its the last but wanted to be sure

Also is there and updated THF spreadsheet?
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-03-18 14:16:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Punderer's culottes need to be worn when you hit the mob. You can't just equip and unequip it after activating the ability.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-03-18 14:26:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
I don't think even rangers can cap ranged attack on him with velocity shot up, so the odds of getting any benefit from gleti's over nyame in this case are basically zero. Nyame is definitely the go to set for this fight.

Depends, RNGs aren't using Empyreal Arrow, which has x2 attack mod (and tbh with proper support RNG caps attack). That being said if you gonna have THF on V20 Arebati, then I'm assuming you do it as 2nd NM and go with secondary jobs, just to make as much damage as possible. In that case you probably has no proper support, so you won't be capping attack for sure, even with x2 attack mod.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-03-18 14:29:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
You may need to consider eating a hybrid food over a pure ranged attack food on vengence 20. I think grape daifuquu's +1 is still the best option for that. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. But it also gets easier if you get some mastery rank levels on your thief. Each M rank adds 1 agility, 1 strength, and 1 archery skill, so essentially 2 points of ranged accuracy and attack. That extra 60 ranged acc/attack you get at mastery rank 30 is extremely useful. But if your accuracy is capped, those are the only slots you should consider tweaking. Gleti's cuirass isn't a viable option against arrebati if you ask me. I don't think even rangers can cap ranged attack on him with velocity shot up, so the odds of getting any benefit from gleti's over nyame in this case are basically zero. Nyame is definitely the go to set for this fight.
52.5 attack and 49.5 accuracy from 30 master levels, to be specific. Still notable, though.
By Homsar 2022-03-19 05:36:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone got damage improvement suggestions for my /BLM nukefarming set?

Main: Gandring C R25
Sub: Tauret
Ammo: Ghastly Tathlum +1 R15
Head: Herc Helm(+45 MAB mod)
Body: Nyame
Hands: Herc Gloves(+32 MAB, +2 TH mod)
Legs: Nyame
Feet: Nyame
Neck: Baetyl Pendant
Ear1: Hecate's Earring
Ear2: Friomisi Earring
Ring1: Dingir Ring
Ring2: Shiva +1
Waist: Orpheus' Sash
Back: Toutatis(+30 INT, +10 MAB, +20 MACC/MDMG)

Really wish Ullr had MDMG+.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-03-29 12:52:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you concerned only with max aeolian edge damage or with applying treasure hunter as well? What rank are your nyame augments? I'm pretty sure at rank 25 5/5 Nyame is BiS period. Arguably even at 20. I'll just link my own aeolian edge set so you can make the comparisons yourself. Of these the two pieces I'm certain are better are the epa ring over shiva's +1 and the seething bomblet +1 over ghastly. I've tested both those comparisons out myself and bomblet and epa ring always come out ahead.

ItemSet 368547

Worth noting.... I've gotten a couple aeolian edge cleave party's in the cralwers nest together since the new apex camp came came out. If you have a scholar giving you windstorm II then Hachirin-no-Obi >>> Orpheus's sash. But that's a specific scenario.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-03-29 13:08:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Homsar said: »
Back: Toutatis(+30 INT, +10 MAB, +20 MACC/MDMG)

Isn't Weaponskill Damage +10% the better Sap augment choice for Aeolian Edge?
First Page 2 3 ... 249 250 251 ... 261 262 263