should be a single march under SV
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2018-09-09 23:30:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Uh, I think you're missing the point here. TP bonus dagger absolutely needs 2 SV mads to cap accuracy. Are you debating that?

If you give TP bonus every buff in the world and allow it to maintain capped accuracy AND give it 1-2 Etudes of course it'll still beat offhand Twash. The point is Twash can still probably cap accuracy without the Mads.
By Afania 2018-09-09 23:32:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Checking none cf rudra:
twashtar and double etude: 4535
Tp bonus offhand and single etude: 4590

Checking cor, 1084 base acc tp set, acc food: 5253 dps
1020 base acc tp set, stp +6 food: 5324 dps.

The difference is smaller here but still getting the setup with madrigal x2 etude x1 beating etude x2 by a few hundred.
By Afania 2018-09-09 23:34:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
Uh, I think you're missing the point here. TP bonus dagger absolutely needs 2 SV mads to cap accuracy. Are you debating that?

Afania said: »
I'm quite certain it's the best offhand for dagger jobs with SV madrigal in zergs.

I said tp bonus can only be used with SV madrigal from the very first post, I think you missed it?

My point is 2 madrigal is often the best buffs to use in zergs, and when you CC you have additional slots for 1 etude with 2 madrigal anyways.

In zergs it makes more sense to compare a setup with 2 madrigal 1 etude v.s 2 etude, I don't think it's fair to not give any etude to setup with tp bonus if SV already used, since people normally use CC with SV.

Edit: also I think both of you focus too much on "changing buffs to accommodate tp bonus offhand" in this argument, its actually the other way around. You are burning sp in zergs to begin with, so certain offhand just happened to be stronger in such situation.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Server: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-10 02:37:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Neck is great.

*** the su5.

Which I'll probably end up using anyway.

But I'm not happy about it.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-10 02:41:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Still meh on that neck. STP > TA

The difference is minimal, Does look great for ws though, basically what I figured it'd be.

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Going to take something phenomenal to beat Anu/Ainia for TP but won't take much to beat Caro for ws's
By Foxfire 2018-09-10 03:02:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Could you post the neck augs btw?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-10 03:02:42
Link | Quote | Reply

They already did

Quote:
THF neck +2: dex/agi 15 // evasion +25 // TA+4%
By Foxfire 2018-09-10 03:05:20
Link | Quote | Reply

woops, missed that. thanks fam.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-10 17:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

So what are the thoughts on Gandring mainhand? I'm considering Gandring/Twashtar as the follow up attacks should help TP gain enough to nearly replicate TP bonus+500 and STP+10. It's a slight loss in weapon damage but nothing significant. And Subtle Blow II is SUPER good for us. Hell if this works I'll actually consider a tribox so I can always have a WHM for Auspice, and make sure I'm at Subtle Blow+50 with Subtle Blow II+30 (Sherida + Gandring).

If REMA augments work in offhand...I think that's going to be the new BiS. If they don't I'm not even sure where things lie. I'm hoping they do work in offhand and this is why: If Su5 are supposed to be the same tier as REMA, it means the augments on them take the place of Aftermath from the REMA weapons, but that doesn't mean the augments on REMA won't necessarily not work.

This is the only hope keeping me interested after this pretty depressing patch. The neck is still BiS, though not as amazing as some other jobs got, but my issue is if this was supposed to be some method of rebalance because THF is very strong....WAR/DRK/SAM basically all got better necks than we did.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-10 17:55:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, without augs it's signifcantly underwhelming.

If you chose the SB route, you're giving up a metric *** of damage for safety.

You may be underestimating just how powerful 500 tpbonus and 10stp actually are
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-10 17:57:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, without augs it's signifcantly underwhelming.

If you chose the SB route, you're giving up a metric *** of damage for safety.

Follow up attacks + Subtle blow are the same path.

The path C "safety" route is Evasion+100, TP gain on evasion+50, dmg+5.

Which if the augments worked in offhand...I'd *** buy a gandring just for the safety option!
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-10 18:00:07
Link | Quote | Reply

For all intents and purposes you'd basically be using a raetic+1 and I don't think literally anyone thinks thats a good idea.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-10 18:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Raetic+1 but without the MP requirement. And with a MASSIVE boost in accuracy.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-12 19:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
How?

SA:

ItemSet 344038

TA:

ItemSet 361287

And buffs in that specific fight was chaos roll, 2x Minuet and frailty. No fury. And the WHM Boost-STR's for the warrior.
[+]
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2018-09-12 20:11:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Your thf is broken and needs to be Nerf LoH.
By SimonSes 2018-09-12 20:15:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Glassy Craver takes 50% more damage from piercing.
[+]
By Afania 2018-09-12 20:16:14
Link | Quote | Reply

90k > 50k though. And he didn't get one shotted.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-12 20:23:42
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Glassy Craver takes 50% more damage from piercing.

Welcome to the topic at hand, bud!
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-12 20:26:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Topace said: »

It's nothing that everyone else cant do. Just gear and buffs yo
[+]
By Afania 2018-09-12 20:30:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Topace said: »

It's nothing that everyone else cant do. Just gear and buffs yo

Post that in RDM thread and tank some of the hate from RDMs for me Eiryl ;(
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-12 20:37:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean..... phouc, literally, said the exact same thing already, in the RDM thread, lol

Ragnarok.Phuoc said: »
If when I SB on this NM and I do 30k whereas this guy does 50k, that only means to me that I have big room of improvment.

If you and him do SB on the same target with the same buffs and debuffs on the enemy and he does 20k more than you then yea there's a big room of improvement for you.

It's all about those buffs/debuffs really.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-15 04:31:34
Link | Quote | Reply

So I was playing around with evasion buffs and it's pretty easy to evade the hell out of things with them, so then came the major question...

What is a good mob for an evasion build? What purpose could there be behind one? Are there any high level physical-only (or mostly) NM's?
By iambatman3131 2018-09-15 04:42:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Charby
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-15 05:59:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have a baller Aeolian Edge set? I have a solid MAB/WSD set but feel like I should be trying to fit in more INT.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-15 10:19:02
Link | Quote | Reply

When I was playing around with AE increasing INT didn't really accomplish much.

It was like single digit increase in damage for every 10 INT. Full MAB/WSD is the way to go, and if those pieces happen to have some INT(DEX) then yay.
By Boshi 2018-09-15 11:36:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Boshi said: »
Boshi said: »
Luthiene said: »
Anyone got an Aeolian Edge, Evisceration, FC/Utsu and a Curing Waltz Set i can have a look at? Thanks.
I've been meaning to post about this for a while:

Waltz
ItemSet 347016
This is the best possible Waltz set on thf atm.
Cape chr 30/mevaeva20/waltz10
BOTH herc pieces need a waltz11 fern aug for this set to reach exactly 50%.
Alternatives & slight downgrades ppl probably carry normally: mummu head,
enchanter's earring +1,
chaac belt
Because of non-ilvl head I personally sub in gold moogle belt to avoid some max hp drop.

Fast Cast
ItemSet 350961
herc fern magic fc+6, cape fc+10
if your Soa ring is Weatherspoon(+1) of course that is best
body: fc+5 (9 total) (if you have rdm or run you could just use a taeon body from phalanx)
belt can get a fc+1 aug, that's only belt option. Otherwise you can just use a ninurta's or a defensive belt.

Precast quick magic options: weatherspoon+1(soa) ring, lebeche ring, impatiens, veneficium ring
Precast flips for Utsusemi: Passion Jacket, Magora bead necklace
-Enif is fc8, if you want a ilvl alternative for midcast the best would be fc6 herc (you might already have these for ninja)

There's easier to get neck alternatives with 4fc like baetyl or voltsurge
note: (technically adhemar+1 body D path is fc10... but lol)

A.Edge
ItemSet 350960
Hachirin-no-obi for windday/wind weather.
Shiva+1 if different SOA ring.
novio earring at 3k tp, maybe ishvara? I can't get ishvara to win when I test it in-game.

Cape is int30/maccmdmg20/wsd10... however the typical thf dex30/wsd10 cape is a very strong option

Herc stuff is ideally (fern)wsd > matt > int > dex. Of these pieces head/feet/legs are extremely easy to make BIS, body and hands you need good augments because alternative options are solid.

There's more options for downgrades here here so I'll try to organize them a bit:
ammo: p.tathlum (yes seething+1 beats this)
neck: Sanctity
earring: so many matt downgrade ears to pick from
ring: i mean the sparks one isn't bad..
waist: if you can't get eschan: Salire belt (dirt cheap, & from easy nonilvl unity version of leaping lizzy)

Head: Highwing Helm (matt20 int18 dex22), Chimera Hairpin (wind.matt6)
Body: augSamnuha (matt35 macc38 int20 dex33), RawhideA (matt25 int32 dex45), baseSamnuha (matt20 macc23 int20 dex33), Lapidary Tunic (matt20 int23 dex32)
Hands: augLeyline (matt30 macc33 int12 dex35), PursuersB (matt20 int12 dex42), baseLeyline (matt15 macc18 int12 dex35), Nilas (matt15 int12 dex35)
Legs: Limbo (matt17 int30), Shneddick+1 (matt17 int28)
Feet: adhemar+1 (matt35 dex23+12 if a/b), adhemar nq (matt25 dex23+10 if a/b)

(Also I guess Taeon hands/legs are still strong options can get matt/macc15 or matt20 with wsd3... but that's such an incredible waste of time vs herc)
For head/feet base herc no augs will beat anything less than these besides a taeon aug

for the body parts I think a good way to look at is what what base herc pieces need to -match- the next best piece:
head: matt+10 dex+5 (super easy to beat, (unauged helm next best after ones I listed and taeon))
body: matt+35 macc+38 int-1 dex-1 (very hard to beat, you pretty much need to roll wsd with high matt/macc numbers)
hands: matt+30/macc+33 int-2 dex-4 (medium dificulty to beat)
legs: matt+17 int+1 (super easy to beat)
feet: matt+25 macc-10 dex+9 (easy to beat, unauged feet next best after ones I listed and taeon)

I end up just using gold moogle belt and odnowa earrings for the hp in waist/ear slots now.

Dinger Ring / Epaminondas's Ring now.
Shiva+1 next best after those.

waist: Orpheus's Sash

Doing testing at 3k where you don't need moonshade I can't get ishvara or crematio to beat novio in game no matter what I've messed around with.

I hope my formatting made sense.
Need pretty much neart perfect aug on body to beat samnuha, not accounting for the macc even.

note: (also at some point when meg+2 hands came out earlier in this forum I tested those and they lost to leyline)
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-09-15 13:49:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't see it mentioned, but path C is an absolutely amazing A.Edge option. Not only do you get 217 magic damage and 50 m.acc on the actual dagger, idling an evasion set while being swung at by 20 mobs at once should instant charge your TP bar. At 50% evade rate, you'd have potentially better(and omnidirectional) TP gain than Shield Mastery. Realistically, you can probably cap eva rate on trash mobs and do even better.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-15 15:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
I didn't see it mentioned, but path C is an absolutely amazing A.Edge option. Not only do you get 217 magic damage and 50 m.acc on the actual dagger, idling an evasion set while being swung at by 20 mobs at once should instant charge your TP bar. At 50% evade rate, you'd have potentially better(and omnidirectional) TP gain than Shield Mastery. Realistically, you can probably cap eva rate on trash mobs and do even better.

That's why I posed the question, essentially.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 173 174 175 ... 262 263 264