For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
First Page 2 3 ... 166 167 168 ... 261 262 263
 Asura.Diluted
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Crumpet
By Asura.Diluted 2018-04-09 09:10:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Twashtar still best offhand or is it now trumped by Taming Sari / Shijo? I assume Taming Tari would be best main hand if Aeneas is currently not obtainable for me?
 Asura.Murisia
user: Murisia
By Asura.Murisia 2018-04-09 09:12:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Diluted said: »
Is Twashtar still best offhand or is it now trumped by Taming Sari / Shijo? I assume Taming Tari would be best main hand if Aeneas is currently not obtainable for me?

I thought Taming has been the best main non-REMA dagger for some time? unless i'm wrong assuming capped of course
By geigei 2018-04-09 09:20:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Twash/sari looks better then, at least you get some triple dmg swings.
 Asura.Diluted
user: Crumpet
By Asura.Diluted 2018-04-09 09:21:54
Link | Quote | Reply

So Twash/Sari if unable to get Aeneas or Aeneas/Sari if I'm able to?
By geigei 2018-04-09 09:28:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Aeneas/twash is the best combo atm but not far from aeneas/sari.
 Sylph.Keade
Server: Sylph
user: Fyrestorm
By Sylph.Keade 2018-04-11 12:31:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello!

I was wondering whether I could get some higher acc sets? Maybe aimed at Omen bosses and the such. I've tried looking a few pages back but think the last I saw was over a year ago and not sure whether any new gear has been brought in. (Af2+3 etc)

Thanks!
By Foxfire 2018-04-11 12:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

AF+3 pieces in conjunction are probably your best bet for accuracy, I think.

Mixed with regal ring, telos ear... your tp cape probably has acc+20 already, as well

What do you currently have?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-04-11 12:50:44
Link | Quote | Reply

The AF2+3 head and boots are good for accuracy as well.
By Fyrestorm 2018-04-11 16:22:35
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 358070

Hands: TA+4 Acc+11
Feet: TA+4 Acc+7
Samnuha: Max

This is the set I generally use. Which is generally fine for most stuff, but struggling for acc on higher end mobs.

I don't have regal ring or telos earring. Still to do WoC and Ou. (Small group, hard to find time for harder stuff.)

I was just hoping for a couple of generic sets that aim to keep DW/TA at a decent level but massively improve acc.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-04-11 17:03:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Adhemar gloves on that set. Can also switch in Kentarch belt and the AF pants or meghenada there.

For me my low acc and mid acc sets have a 100 accuracy swing. I go from adhemar head/body and samnuha tights to empy head, af+3 body/legs and the reiki yotai in belt for the DW. I have also switched to relic boots. I believe my rings are regal and moonlight for the mid set as well.
 Sylph.Darkside
Server: Sylph
user: Kensai98
By Sylph.Darkside 2018-04-20 10:09:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
I'd say this set would be the BiS for non-stacked Rudra's:

ItemSet 354297

For stacked, swap body for AF+3 or Megh +2, ammo for Yetshila/+1.
I probably missed this. How does relic legs +3 compare to lusty legs +1?
I would think relic is better but that is an awful lot of difference in dex.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-22 19:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Darkside said: »
Sylph.Oraen said: »
I'd say this set would be the BiS for non-stacked Rudra's:

ItemSet 354297

For stacked, swap body for AF+3 or Megh +2, ammo for Yetshila/+1.
I probably missed this. How does relic legs +3 compare to lusty legs +1?
I would think relic is better but that is an awful lot of difference in dex.

It was basically the last 2 pages of discussion. Pretty easy to find. If you looked.

geigei said: »
I'm getting 47105 lustratiox2 vs 46829 relic/lustratio.

Cerberus.Mrkillface said: »
I don't know the rest of the setup you're using in the sheet, but in my SA Rudra's setup, I have:

Lustratio legs / feet +1 - 27,236

Relic Legs +3 / Perfect Herc feet - 27,837

Relic Legs +3 / Lustratio Feet +1 - 27,851

Unstacked I have the relic legs and herc feet winning.

TL;ODR they're damn close, and too expensive
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-04-22 19:46:56
Link | Quote | Reply

That's actually closer than I was thinking, with a slight nudge to relic. I am curious what the rest of the gear used was, as it's going to depend on your balance of DEX and WSD who wins in the end there.
By geigei 2018-04-23 10:41:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I favor double lustratio, multiple jobs, cheaper also?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-23 11:49:47
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
I favor double lustratio, multiple jobs, cheaper also?

This. Inventory +1 > "+1 DPS" and the cost is "too damn high"
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-04-23 13:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

100% agreed the cost is too high, gonna do it anyway though.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-23 13:58:06
Link | Quote | Reply

... and that's exactly why the price is too damn high. You know better. and do it anyway. audible groan.
By tyalangan 2018-04-23 14:10:26
Link | Quote | Reply

We don't get Lustratio +1 on our server so not really an option, unfortunately. So for people like that it will stay high.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-23 14:17:01
Link | Quote | Reply

If, as a whole, no one buys medals. The price goes down. It's garbage content. Don't do it. They will adjust it. (more)

By no one doing it, everyone wins.

It's the Prisoner's Dilemma. If everyone wizes up, everyone wins. One guy refuses to be intelligent, everyone suffers.
[+]
Guildwork Premium
By Quendi210 2018-04-23 14:27:16
Link | Quote | Reply

If you do the content related it only costs time and 1.1M gil. The only adjust I see happening is the campaign with statue drops being extended or happening more often.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-04-23 16:20:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
... and that's exactly why the price is too damn high. You know better. and do it anyway. audible groan.

Gil is easy to acquire. I buy the void shards as they're far more plentiful but I actually did turn in medals for a headshard last night. Granted I already HAD those medals, but the only headshard: THF on the server last couple days someone priced at 6mil, which is the same as the medal x3 cost so...*** 'em.

I'm not buying my alts shards at that price, but THF is what I am in FFXI, and I have plenty of gil for it and there's literally nothing else to buy. Ashera Harness drops and I finish my relic+3 and my THF is done once again.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-23 17:09:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Like, I get that. Gil has never been easier to get. Doesn't mean you should overpay for something just because you can. Really aren't going to get that much benefit from having it now vs having it a week from now.

It kinda screws everyone. if you're willing to pay 6m for the shard, why would anyone have any reason to lower the price to something reasonable.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-04-23 17:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Because people like me will cap out. As well to get into details potentially more specific to Asura:

Finding the <slot>shards are quite difficult, the void<slots> are pretty easy to find for less. I imagine kindred medals are in for a heavy reduction in the next month or so. But there's just not a lot of slotshards, and I'm looking to finish the head atm and that was last week, there's unlikely to be any new headshards popping up.

As well, prices are two way, you claim it's "better for everyone" for prices to fall, but that's not true if you're a seller. I know people starting the game getting these shards from gobbiedial (I swear they have a boosted rate in there) and a few mil is really useful for them. I just got a Legshard: WHM on my alt, if prices fell, I'd get less for selling it!

That said, I don't intend on shelling out gil for the hands. I will get them in time, and want to test out the theory of high TH in gear increasing proc rates, as I imagine if I hit TH12-14 in gear or something it might make leveling that up viable. But I doubt it'll be enough of a difference for me to give much of a ***, I'm just curious, lol.

As it starts I'm looking at our relic set as being rather solid. Head is BiS for high acc TP, body is BiS trick attack WS and evisceration, legs are potentially BiS for WS (wish I could get spreadsheet working myself) and I like the feet for TP.
 Asura.Umopepisdn
By Asura.Umopepisdn 2018-04-23 18:09:41
Link | Quote | Reply

No Vajra, not done.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-04-23 18:28:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Umopepisdn said: »
No Vajra, not done.

Okay Azz.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-23 20:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of spreadsheet, how amazing would it be to have all the new gear updated into a spreadsheet automatically.

Actually went to run my own numbers and the most "up to date" thf sheet isn't even close to "up to date" and it wasn't worth manually putting everything in.

All these math wizards and no one ever put something like that together.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-04-23 20:06:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of spreadsheet, how amazing would it be to have all the new gear updated into a spreadsheet automatically.

Actually went to run my own numbers and the most "up to date" thf sheet isn't even close to "up to date" and it wasn't worth manually putting everything in.

Yeah, Aeneas wasn't in the spreadsheet I loaded. I bugged Chiaia about it, he said he could do it, so just waiting for him to have time, I suppose.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-23 20:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as the sellers of shards, man that shouldn't even exist in the first place. making the medals sellable AND the shards themselves, is some assbackwards logic that only square could come up with.

A colossal *** up to make that many items in the first place. The solution being to make them bazaar-able.

Ability to sell was a panic button move, that they even admitted to.

Quote:
The official reason for removing the Ex tag from shards/voids is now that they were becoming too much of a pressure on inventory.

The real answer was to not go the "*** route" and just make -foot -leg -hand -head -body and skip the job specific ***.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-04-23 20:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

what does that have to do with math?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-23 20:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »

what does that have to do with math?

Just that there are so many people concerned with min/max that they would put in the effort to maintain spreadsheet and/or create a program that takes all the update gear and adds it in.

Another case of, have it, not sharing.
First Page 2 3 ... 166 167 168 ... 261 262 263