Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: legionn
By Odin.Defiiant 2013-02-28 14:17:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Scragg said: »
Firefox users, check this page:

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck/
Says everything is up to date except for VLC Web Plugin. On another note SE customer service through chat is horrible. They gave me a laundry list of random account related questions and while i was typing it all out the representative was like 'I see you have no further inquiries, have a good day.' and disconnected after only 1 minute between the last time I hit the enter key though I'm pretty sure they must have seen that I was typing.
 Lakshmi.Hiku
Server: Lakshmi
user: squirrel
By Lakshmi.Hiku 2013-02-28 14:20:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm going to look at this with the conspiracy-theorist mentality for a minute. Your wife and yourself are on opposite ends of the US, which tells me 1 of 2 things: you 2 dont see each other much, or you're separated. Could the ammount of time you spend on FF be making her feel neglected? or Could she, out of spite, decided to quit FF and make it easier on you to quit -or intentionally as a form of attack- deleted both of your accounts characters? I've had friends with accounts that got hacked, and usually in these cases the person doing the hacking just takes all the gil and sellable loot, and doesnt bother deleting the character because they either plan on using it to get them more gil, or they turn around and sell it as a bare account. Its not like deleting your characters will magically cover up their tracks. Typically characters that are deleted are done intentionally to harm the person who owned them.

TLDR version: Maybe your wife did it
[+]
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
Server: Fenrir
user: Scragg
By Fenrir.Scragg 2013-02-28 14:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I advise everyone to disable Java if they can.

FireFox:
http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/How%20to%20turn%20off%20Java%20applets

Chrome:
http://superuser.com/questions/201613/disable-java-plugin-in-google-chrome

If a site requires Java, either use Chrome's "Click to Play" or open IE, or just don't use the site anymore. A reminder Java != Javascript. My mother-in-law disabled Javascript because she instructed to disable "Java" and every time a page wouldn't work (almost every site), she would open IE. /facepalm
By Jetackuu 2013-02-28 14:27:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Draus said: »
I can't tell who clicked but one person has Java 10? I thought it was up to 7. Someone with their Android 2.3 device visited, that's cool :)

hehehehueue

which phone are you using that is still on 2.3?
if I could open the site's main page I would totally click on that link. (it's 2.3) but I just got a new phone today via UPS, going to set it up this weekend, and manually update it from 4.0 to 4.2 :D
 Asura.Draus
Server: Asura
user: Draus
By Asura.Draus 2013-02-28 14:29:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Draus said: »
I can't tell who clicked but one person has Java 10? I thought it was up to 7. Someone with their Android 2.3 device visited, that's cool :)

hehehehueue

which phone are you using that is still on 2.3?

Oh im not im a phone,im at work just the way I read it made me laugh...

I'm sorry :(
 Lakshmi.Neboh
user: Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2013-02-28 14:31:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Defiiant said: »
Lakshmi.Neboh said: »
Yes the tokens may seem as an inconvenience but if you get hacked with a "tokened" account, you are guaranteed a free roll back on the account w/o using your 1-time rollback. Extra security is better and less of an inconvenience than what you have to deal with now. So calling your wife every time you wanna play, might not be so bad. Just saying...
I agree with you, but I'm really at that point where if its done then its done. I think a lot of people are reacting to me as if I'm furious or something, I was just giving a heads up since I discovered the status of the accounts.

If your account is as built up as some others, it might mean more to you than none.
 Fenrir.Mariane
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2013-02-28 14:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Hiku said: »

Also it's possible that his wife who had the computer compromissed. Who knows ? Once one gets access to a SE account, all POL accounts linked to the SE account are *hierarchically* compromised.
 Asura.Tamoa
Server: Asura
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2013-02-28 14:46:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I need Java to be able to do any kind of online banking :(
 Odin.Creaucent
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-02-28 14:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

This is why I like my main on my xbox I believe its impossible or very hard to hack from what ive been told. I should get a token for my mule though lol eveb just for the extra invent.
 Odin.Defiiant
By Odin.Defiiant 2013-02-28 14:51:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm going to look at this with the conspiracy-theorist mentality for a minute. Your wife and yourself are on opposite ends of the US, which tells me 1 of 2 things: you 2 dont see each other much, or you're separated. Could the ammount of time you spend on FF be making her feel neglected? or Could she, out of spite, decided to quit FF and make it easier on you to quit -or intentionally as a form of attack- deleted both of your accounts characters? I've had friends with accounts that got hacked, and usually in these cases the person doing the hacking just takes all the gil and sellable loot, and doesnt bother deleting the character because they either plan on using it to get them more gil, or they turn around and sell it as a bare account. Its not like deleting your characters will magically cover up their tracks. Typically characters that are deleted are done intentionally to harm the person who owned them.

While I give you credit for your creativity, our situation is not like that. Im on TDY for training for ~4 months and I'm not really on FFXI that much, I think my wife might actually like it better if I spent more time on it so we can 'hang out'. I did find it a little strange that they would go as far as deleting the account though.
 Shiva.Damonz
Server: Shiva
user: Damonz
By Shiva.Damonz 2013-02-28 14:51:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mariane said: »

Also it's possible that his wife who had the computer compromissed. Who knows ? Once one gets access to a SE account, all POL accounts linked to the SE account are *hierarchically* compromised.
this is actually one of the big flaws of the SE account, the fact that once you have access to the account you can change the POL password without any questions or having to input the old password. access to the SE account gives you the POL ID's and the ability to change POL passwords for all accounts linked. (SE and everyone else will tell you, Should have had a token, and they're right)
 Shiva.Damonz
By Shiva.Damonz 2013-02-28 14:54:11
Link | Quote | Reply

all the active characters linked to my SE account were deleted, 3 on mine, 2 on my brother inlaws, and 1 on my wifes.
 Odin.Defiiant
By Odin.Defiiant 2013-02-28 14:55:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Big wall of text, but here's a glimpse at how helpful Customer Service is in case you havent yet had to deal with them.

Chat
Agent Barbara A: Hello and thank you for contacting SQUARE ENIX Customer Support. Just a few moments while I review your question, please.
You: Hi, I was just chatting with you a few minutes ago but you disconnected from chat while i was answerring the questions you had for me
Agent Barbara A: May I have your first name?
You: *********
Agent Barbara A: Thank you *******.
Agent Barbara A: How can I help you today?
You: I would like to restore all characters from two different accounts connected to the same SE ID
Agent Barbara A: I see.
Agent Barbara A: Let's try verifying the account.
Agent Barbara A: For security reasons, we are unable to address your account issues without first verifying your identification. Please provide us with as much of the following information that you can:
Agent Barbara A: Name
Date of Birth
Email
Address (Including City/State/Zip code)
Square Enix ID
You: DOB
You: email
You: se id
You: the se id ****** may have ****** listed as dob, which is my wifes
Agent Barbara A: And the full real name?
You: ************ is my name, my wife's name is ***********
Agent Barbara A: Thank you.
Agent Barbara A: Please hold.
You: ok
Agent Barbara A: Sadly, it appears you transferred the PlayOnline ID's and there were not present when the transfer occurred.
You: what do you mean
You: transferred them where? when i go to log in there is no characters available
Agent Barbara A: This means they had deleted prior to being transferred to a Square Enix ID.
Agent Barbara A: Let me see if the account is still restorable.
You: uhhh
Agent Barbara A: Please hold.
You: that is incorrect
You: they have been bundled under the same SE ID since the release of the Security Token
Agent Barbara A: Sadly, because they were deleted more than two years ago they are not recoverable.
Agent Barbara A: I apologize for the inconvenience.
You: What are you talking about?
You: We were playing them yesterday
Agent Barbara A: Give me one moment, I want to double check something.
You: ok
Agent Barbara A: I apologize for the miscommunication, we cannot restore the characters on the account from 2008-2011.
Agent Barbara A: However we can absolutely attempt to restore the characters you made after the transfer process.
You: So if i understand you correctly
You: Anything prior to 2011 you CANNOT restore?
Agent Barbara A: If they were inactive up until this year, we cannot restore them.
You: or any character that was created before 2008 you cannot restore?
Agent Barbara A: Of course, if you made them in 2011 but were active on them we can attempt to restore them.
Agent Barbara A: If you are currently active on a character, there is data to access and the history is accessible.
You: So I'm telling you that we were just playing them yesterday (characters made back in like 2005) cannot be rolled back to yesterday?
Agent Barbara A: If they were made in 2008-2011 and last active in those dates then their data is no longer accessible.
You: They were all active yesterday.
Agent Barbara A: If they were currently active this year, their data is accessible and they can be restored.
Agent Barbara A: Then you are fine.
You: So do you reactivate them?
Agent Barbara A: I apologize for the miscommunication, your account is a bit older and has had some data purged from it previously.
You: look, would you like to see my account billing statement?
You: Square Enix Account Management System
http://account.square-enix.com/
-------------------------------------------------------
Inquiry Number : *********************

Thank you for using the Square Enix Account Management System.

Your continuous options' automatic transaction has completed. The details are as follows.

Date: 02/10/2013
Service Account Name: PlayOnline / FINAL FANTASY XI 2
Option: ***@Odin
Service Fee: USD 1.00
Basic Service: USD 11.95

Total: USD 14.95

To review continuous options' automatic transactions, please refer to "List Options Continued Automatically" in the Square Enix Account Management System.

To review service fees, please refer to "Crysta Passbook" if your payment method is Crysta and "Review Service Fees" if your payment method is something else in the Square Enix Account Management System.

If you did not request this e-mail, please direct all inquiries to the Square Enix Support Center.
This e-mail has been sent automatically. Any e-mails sent to this address will not be answered.

For inquiries regarding products and services, please visit the Square Enix Support Center.
You: that is this months billing
Agent Barbara A: Ah, what I'm saying is all I need you to do is read the GDR terms if you have not already done so, so that we may begin the process.
Agent Barbara A: I am just explaining why there was a miscommunication, we can of course offer the service.
You: can you tell me specifically ouside of an acronym what the GDR is
Agent Barbara A: Game Data Recovery Request.
Agent Barbara A: Before we begin with the game data recovery have you read and agreed to the terms of the service available at http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/rule/uacs01.html ?
You: I may have looked at it, give me a minute to refresh my memory
Agent Barbara A: If you agree, please come back to chat and we will be happy to set up the process for you.
Agent Barbara A: I need you to actually read it thoroughly and come back to chat, that lets us know you read it and agree.
Agent Barbara A: Thank you for visiting the SQUARE ENIX Support Center! Take care and hope to see you online!
Agent Barbara A has disconnected.

Thanks for that 10 second minute Barbara A!
 Shiva.Damonz
By Shiva.Damonz 2013-02-28 15:02:11
Link | Quote | Reply

lol that convo is nearly the same one I've had, after you go and read the GDR, you'll get asked a bunch more useless questions about your account, and then they will email you a PDF form to fill out and send them to verify your identity. and then you just get to wait, it's been a month or so for me. and the only info I can get from them is "we have receive the forms"

Edit: btw you'll have to fill out the form for each POL ID you want rolled back.
 Fenrir.Mariane
By Fenrir.Mariane 2013-02-28 15:02:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I am SURE the Japanese support is a LOT more patient than that.

Also I bet with you that the Barbara person you talked with was the SOLE agent active at the time and that would be why you were being treated that way ... lol

I hope you get your problem solved fast.
 Lakshmi.Hiku
user: squirrel
By Lakshmi.Hiku 2013-02-28 15:03:44
Link | Quote | Reply

SE has notoriously bad NA customer service reps ;;
 Lakshmi.Neboh
user: Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2013-02-28 15:09:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Tell them you're Japanese and see if you get treated better. Lol
 Shiva.Damonz
By Shiva.Damonz 2013-02-28 15:10:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't decided if they just don't receive the correct training, or if they are trained to be almost completely useless.
 Leviathan.Egonn
Server: Leviathan
user: Egonn
By Leviathan.Egonn 2013-02-28 15:10:30
Link | Quote | Reply

It'll be at least a month before they do anything for you. And when I say at least, I mean it. They just sent me an email to everyone with a hotmail account that already got hacked that they should probably switch emails to prevent from being hacked... about two weeks too late. No idea what this has to do with anything or how that makes you vulnerable but you can see what they sent me in the "got hacked" thread.
 Fenrir.Mariane
By Fenrir.Mariane 2013-02-28 15:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Neboh said: »
Tell them you're Japanese and see if you get treated better. Lol

Actually they will "shoo shoo" you if you do that.

Probably saying something like this:
"We're unable to assist you with issues regarding Japanese accounts."
By Jetackuu 2013-02-28 15:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never had a problem with the online chat, and I've used them several times over the years.

Fortunately I don't need them to reset passwords anymore :D
By Jetackuu 2013-02-28 15:12:16
Link | Quote | Reply

on another note:

@OP:

Separate your accounts to multiple SE accounts (yes this can be done). Then get some tokens.
 Shiva.Damonz
By Shiva.Damonz 2013-02-28 15:14:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
on another note:

@OP:

Separate your accounts to multiple SE accounts (yes this can be done). Then get some tokens.
this can be done as long as you report your account as compromised, and this will be done if/when I ever get mine back
[+]
 Odin.Defiiant
By Odin.Defiiant 2013-02-28 15:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh geez I just recognized your name Damonz from Shiva, I used to hang out with you and your wife a bit around 2005 maybe? lol Hanging in there too huh? I went by ibanditxeroi back then, your wife still play too? i cant remember her name... but 'L'something is all I can recall
 Shiva.Damonz
By Shiva.Damonz 2013-02-28 15:16:02
Link | Quote | Reply

LMFAO ya was around then sometime, and yah she still played here and there, until about a month ago anyway, I thought you quit years ago lol

and her name is/was Braelynn
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-02-28 15:19:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Egonn said: »
It'll be at least a month before they do anything for you. And when I say at least, I mean it. They just sent me an email to everyone with a hotmail account that already got hacked that they should probably switch emails to prevent from being hacked... about two weeks too late. No idea what this has to do with anything or how that makes you vulnerable but you can see what they sent me in the "got hacked" thread.

Took me about a week when I got hacked and that was around Christmas
 Odin.Defiiant
By Odin.Defiiant 2013-02-28 15:41:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Kind of funny that this is happening around the same time frame for both of us and right before expansion and bonanza to rub it in! lol I think I'm just going to make sure I don't get billed anymore and move on, I'm getting too old for this stuff anyhow!
 Shiva.Damonz
By Shiva.Damonz 2013-02-28 15:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

lol ya I hear you, that's how I feel, I played long enough, if I don't get my ***back, so be it

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Damonz
By Shiva.Damonz 2013-02-28 16:20:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Odin.Defiiant said: »
Kind of funny that this is happening around the same time frame for both of us and right before expansion and bonanza to rub it in! lol I think I'm just going to make sure I don't get billed anymore and move on, I'm getting too old for this stuff anyhow!

Reason why it happened to both of you is because you mostlikely both have access to each other accounts.

If your computer or hers is compromised, all accounts you used are.
Defiiant and I don't have access to each others accounts, but yes that's the reason the 3 accounts linked to my SE account were compromised