Mekira Meikogai Vs Creed Cuirass +2?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Mekira Meikogai vs Creed Cuirass +2?
Mekira Meikogai vs Creed Cuirass +2?
 Sylph.Shandok
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Shandok 2013-01-22 11:25:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Last night finally got the HQ Mekira. Woot! Anyways was looking at it, then at the sticky thread here for some insight which is more ideal to use. While seems if you use creed collar + creed cuirass you "could" maintain a 10% DT, not to mention the other defense perks, acc, etc.

Now Mekira, has a stable 8% DT with ability to TP build. Not to mention haste with the helm.

So left me confused some. It seems its suggested a PLD use Meikogai overall more for tp building, mdt/pdt sets and so?

I mean if Im just a PLD in general. I should use Mekira, whereas if I am the main tank, holding the mob, main hate keeper, I should use Creed?

Thanks for the insight. =)
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-01-22 11:33:18
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're gonna deal dmg, you wanna use Creed+2 for the acc\atk, and if you're tanking with hate, you still wanna use Creed+2.
If you're supertanking(aggroed without actual hate) something, you wanna use Mekira.
[+]
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-01-22 11:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
If you're gonna deal dmg, you wanna use Creed+2 for the acc\atk, and if you're tanking with hate, you still wanna use Creed+2.
If you're supertanking(aggroed without actual hate) something, you wanna use Mekira.

Why not do damage in real TP bodies?

If you in a pty with other DDs that 3da aura is probably doing more damage then the att/acc from creed+2
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-01-22 11:49:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Valkyrie's breasts!
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-01-22 11:56:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Taint said: »
Cerberus.Kvazz said: »

Why not do damage in real TP bodies?

If you in a pty with other DDs that 3da aura is probably doing more damage then the att/acc from creed+2

Trust me, OP is'nt gonna want to bring around 3 bodies for PLD. :P
Was just saying between the two bodies he listed
 Sylph.Shandok
By Sylph.Shandok 2013-01-22 12:40:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Whats the 3rd body you are talking about? I mean in the sticky, seems to be Twilight, Mekira and Creed. While I do carry other bodies on me for drk and war. Seems I am used to that.

Just atm been focusing on a pdt/mdt set. Least till PLD has more use again.. Tho somehow wonder if SE will adjust the hate cap again to allow PLDs to be "allowed" to tank again.
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-01-22 12:42:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Enif body seems like a good alt as well.

I don't use Creed+2 for anything.

I use Mekira for PDT and Hybrid PDT

Ogier's for MDT
[+]
 Bismarck.Kelhor
Administrator
Server: Bismarck
user: Rooks
By Bismarck.Kelhor 2013-01-22 12:47:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ogier's for MDT

Why not use Mekira for both? It's -DT. Or do you mean the crafted version?
 Ragnarok.Lowen
Server: Ragnarok
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2013-01-22 12:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kelhor said: »

Ogier's for MDT

Why not use Mekira for both? It's -DT. Or do you mean the crafted version?

Probably overcaps MDT in Mekira and Ogier's has haste on it.
 Bismarck.Kelhor
Administrator
By Bismarck.Kelhor 2013-01-22 12:53:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would you need haste on an MDT set?
 Ragnarok.Lowen
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2013-01-22 12:55:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Engaged maybe?
 Bismarck.Kelhor
Administrator
By Bismarck.Kelhor 2013-01-22 12:57:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't even remember the last time I engaged as PLD with a serious intent to do damage, and I play it at events at least twice a week.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-01-22 13:02:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Well Taint set was obviously a dd one...so yeah.
 Bismarck.Kelhor
Administrator
By Bismarck.Kelhor 2013-01-22 13:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I was actually addressing Taint. You still don't need haste on the body for any PLD set, really, but if that's the goal then sure.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-01-22 13:07:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Any extra dmg is good dmg!
 Ragnarok.Lowen
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2013-01-22 13:11:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I was actually addressing Taint. You still don't need haste on the body for any PLD set, really, but if that's the goal then sure.

Some people do more than stand in a corner blocking adds all day though.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kelhor
Administrator
By Bismarck.Kelhor 2013-01-22 13:16:31
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't need haste on the body for any PLD DD set, either. If there's a good piece that gives it to you (Enif) then sure, you can work with that, but PLD gets enough haste in other slots, on decent pieces of gear, that you don't need it on the body.

Also, I love PLD and it kills me to say it, but really, if you're not holding adds you should probably be on something else to start with.
 Phoenix.Cliamain
Server: Phoenix
user: Mondoggie
By Phoenix.Cliamain 2013-01-22 13:37:35
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't need haste on the body for any PLD DD set, either. If there's a good piece that gives it to you (Enif) then sure, you can work with that, but PLD gets enough haste in other slots, on decent pieces of gear, that you don't need it on the body.

Also, I love PLD and it kills me to say it, but really, if you're not holding adds you should probably be on something else to start with.
I have a haste body for PLD that works out just fine for most of my sets. If you get haste on the body and you're open to /WAR you could get rid of the need for the creed feet for the phorcys feet. The double attack on those and some other pieces are really nice to have if you can get a really good haste body.

Why not just get some of the Laerader gear for this and get the NNI set. Could make a really sweet hybrid set that allows good acc with a Almace at 90 or 99.
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-01-22 13:59:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sad mentality. Legion meat shields are one thing. But even in Legion you should have some sort of DD set for when you are holding 1 mob or helping kill the last mob.

A PLD sitting in DT gear is even more worthless then one contributing a little in a proper engaged set.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kelhor
Administrator
By Bismarck.Kelhor 2013-01-22 14:04:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sad mentality. Legion meat shields are one thing. But even in Legion you should have some sort of DD set for when you are holding 1 mob or helping kill the last mob.

A PLD sitting in DT gear is even more worthless then one contributing a little in a proper engaged set.

Please see:

a serious intent to do damage

I always hit the last mob in the wave with Excalibur, during the holding phase and the kill phase. I don't consider that a realistic attempt to do damage, though occasionally I get lucky and get a few triggers. None of that counters what my real point was, that you don't need haste on the damn body piece. If you have Enif and don't have some of the other options, fine, but all of that came from me asking why you were using Ogier's instead of Mekira in the first place :P
 Phoenix.Cliamain
Server: Phoenix
user: Mondoggie
By Phoenix.Cliamain 2013-01-22 14:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Please see:

I always hit the last mob in the wave with Excalibur, during the holding phase and the kill phase. I don't consider that a realistic attempt to do damage, though occasionally I get lucky and get a few triggers. None of that counters what my real point was, that you don't need haste on the damn body piece. If you have Enif and don't have some of the other options, fine, but all of that came from me asking why you were using Ogier's instead of Mekira in the first place :P

Ogier's was probably in Ochian MDT/Hybrid set. PLD can still do some really good damage.
 Alexander.Kryptonitic
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Kryptonitic 2013-01-22 15:25:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Cliamain said: »
PLD said:
No, really, it can't.
When the mob Pulls of a wtf why is everyone dead move, no-one saw that coming, where was stun??? Pld could still be standing and save the day. Or yeah... go go berserk to increase dat WS dmg......
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-01-22 15:31:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sad mentality. Legion meat shields are one thing. But even in Legion you should have some sort of DD set for when you are holding 1 mob or helping kill the last mob. A PLD sitting in DT gear is even more worthless then one contributing a little in a proper engaged set.
Please see:

MDT is easy to cap, esp with Aegis, I swap out as little as possible/keep haste capped and get shadow/engulfer's in.
 Sylph.Shandok
By Sylph.Shandok 2013-01-22 15:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Lowen said: »
Some people do more than stand in a corner blocking adds all day though.

Amen! God... I miss those Level 75 days.. when PLDs were able to be the cornerstone to the alliance. They fall.. everyone fell. Now its like. "Go take the adds and hold him.. NO BUTS! SHUT UP AND STAY IN THE CORNER!"
[+]
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2013-01-22 21:37:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe, the point Kelhor was trying to make is that you don't need Ogier's body for anything, really.
Personally, I only used it instead of ACP body when I changed mine for BST.

I haven't found a need for it ever since I have gotten it.
This might be different with other bodies, as they offer a use for CDC as well.

None of the following sets do use Ogier's and still cap MDT, while also capping haste and adding some offensive value.

Now, you could argue that, in some sets, Ogier's can be used to bridge the gap but it is in no way nessesary, in order to maintain a decent build for a PLD.

If you are finishing off a mob and, most certainly, won't have to hold hate, you can change to a DD-set, that is no brainer.
But it has nothing to do with the value of mediocre items, such as Ogier's body.
You wouldn't want to use a body that offers nothing at all but MDT, when, clearly, you should have an MDT-macro and aren't supposed to have hate (except, if all of the DDs in your group suck big time - but then you have a bigger issue than your PLD not using the correct DD-set).