2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » PLD/DRK
PLD/DRK
By Jurant 2013-01-18 02:37:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Slycer said:
Hello!

Thanks for all your responses regarding battle mechanics.

[...]

About Dark Knight
I have been reviewing discussion threads such as "Is Dark Knight too strong?" and I realize as I commented at Vana'fest that they have become stronger over time. At the same time, we put off many of the adjustments that were initially considered, but many people remembered these and were still interested.

For Dark Knight, we plan to make adjustments to Last Resort and Desperate Blows.

In the current situation, for all jobs, the equipment/magic haste maximum is the same. However, as far as abilities go, Desperate Blows is, by far, the highest value of all of them.

If we simply reduced the value of Desperate Blows then it would just become weaker, so, instead, we will reduce the value of Desperate Blows but also move some percentage of the haste effect to Last Resort:

Current status:
* Desperate Blows Haste maximum +25% (assuming 5 merits)
Adjustment:
* Desperate Blows: Haste maximum +10% (assuming 5 merits)
* Last Resort: Haste +15%

To clarify, we will make this adjustment so that the haste is effective even if you have your sub job set to Dark Knight.

Presently, it's difficult to imagine a situation in which someone would choose dark knight as a sub job. However, I think after this adjustment, a number of new possibilities will be opened up to allow it to be considered.

Looks like a nice sub now. I cant wait to try it out. Extra 15% haste and mini berserk. 3min Duration.

Looks like a step in a good direction for Pld.
 Lakshmi.Santoro
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Fukinder
By Lakshmi.Santoro 2013-01-18 02:43:55
Link | Quote | Reply

If this wasn't a troll you need to check the forums before posting.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-01-18 02:47:37
Link | Quote | Reply

It'll probably increase Ragnarok PLD's rating relative to bad DD in fodder content.

For anything that people would recommend bringing a PLD to, your main(and usually only) goal should be survivability.
By Jurant 2013-01-18 03:54:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Santoro said: »
Which topic did you have in mind?
 Ramuh.Scizor
Server: Ramuh
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2013-01-18 04:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I imagine its the one in bright purple letters thats been on the main page for quite a few days now:

Click me
 Lakshmi.Santoro
Server: Lakshmi
user: Fukinder
By Lakshmi.Santoro 2013-01-18 04:54:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Jurant said: »
Lakshmi.Santoro said: »
Which topic did you have in mind?
Ramuh.Scizor said: »
I imagine its the one in bright purple letters thats been on the main page for quite a few days now:

Click me

Yup
By Jurant 2013-01-18 05:00:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yea it mostly talks about the other adjustments not so much about Pld/Drk but ok thanks anyway.
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2013-01-18 05:04:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Aside from being the topic you picked that quote from, it also mentions potential adjustments to other things, such as enmity (though it probably won't happen in a long time still) and the mods on one handed weapons, the two of which could prove far more beneficial than DRK SJ.
By Jurant 2013-01-18 05:21:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Got the quote from the Drk Forum actually thanks.

Had not read the Topic in general till i Clicked the link above. Will finish it in a lil bit. It all does look pretty good tho so far.

Edit: Never mind looks like we wont get the haste effect anyway.

Currently, the development team plans to have the proposed Last Resort haste benefit only apply to two-handed weapons. The reason being is there are already a number of benefits that single-handed weapons posses such as dual wield, martial arts, etc.