Link | Quote | Reply

Staff melee builds on BRD? Wat D:
 Bismarck.Reniero
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Reniero
By Bismarck.Reniero 2019-04-08 10:37:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Question about buffing from a friend who has trouble spelling.
Normally we're running a 6 man group.
RUN, WAR(ukon & rag), BRD, COR, GEO(idris), WHM.
He does not have Honor March yet, but has Ghorn and Daurdabla.
Is there a set of songs that is commonly used for most endgame stuff, WoC, Omen etc?
We feel that our warrior should output more and are wondering if it's the songs.
The warrior is pretty good geared.
By eliroo 2019-04-08 10:50:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Typical song setups are Honor March / Victory March / Minuet / Minuet/Madrigal. It all really depends on accuracy needs though. Double Madrigal could be a thing if players need accuracy. I personally Marcato The higher minuet or Madrigal if we need accuracy.

Should check out the hit rate on the warrior and RUN to see if they are missing a lot.

Missing Honor March is pretty big though and you should see a nice increase when he gets it

Also if the warrior is still using a rag in 2019 he should probably check the forums and update his weapon.
 Bismarck.Reniero
Server: Bismarck
user: Reniero
By Bismarck.Reniero 2019-04-08 15:01:19
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
Typical song setups are Honor March / Victory March / Minuet / Minuet/Madrigal. It all really depends on accuracy needs though. Double Madrigal could be a thing if players need accuracy. I personally Marcato The higher minuet or Madrigal if we need accuracy.

Should check out the hit rate on the warrior and RUN to see if they are missing a lot.

Missing Honor March is pretty big though and you should see a nice increase when he gets it

Also if the warrior is still using a rag in 2019 he should probably check the forums and update his weapon.
Thanks for the answers.
Seems he's doing it right then, we're gonna check our warriors gear and lua files.
By SimonSes 2019-04-08 15:59:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally Marcato The higher minuet or Madrigal if we need accuracy.

but why?
Honor gives 232 attack
Minuet V gives 223 attack

So not only you getting less attack by not using marcato on Honor instead of Minuet, but you are also loosing additional accuracy and haste from Honor (additional haste might not be needed if you also use victory march, but overcapping it doesn't hurt in case of slow or dispel)
[+]
By eliroo 2019-04-08 16:29:06
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
I personally Marcato The higher minuet or Madrigal if we need accuracy.

but why?
Honor gives 232 attack
Minuet V gives 223 attack

So not only you getting less attack by not using marcato on Honor instead of Minuet, but you are also loosing additional accuracy and haste from Honor (additional haste might not be needed if you also use victory march, but overcapping it doesn't hurt in case of slow or dispel)

Minuet is 248 Base attack after Merit points and job point bonuses.

Marcato Minuet gives you 372 Attack
Marcato March gives you 348 Attack and 81 Accuracy (Extra haste too but overcap)

So yeah, if that 23 is what makes or breaks things then you should probably do Marcato March but I find if I need to marcato for accuracy Madrigal ends up being better.

The haste can be good with slow auras (Like this month's ambuscade)
[+]
 Asura.Jinbe
Server: Asura
By Asura.Jinbe 2019-04-10 03:04:24
Link | Quote | Reply

hello,
can someone post TP/Rudra set?
 Leviathan.Katriina
Server: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2019-04-10 05:44:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Aside from DM augments on Chironic Set and/or DuskStones on Telchine and even Volte Set from Bastok, you're probably better off with Lust+1 [Path B] for Rudra:

ItemSet 366099

As far as TP goes, many options are available depending on which dagger you're using and yes, I'm skipping the DM, Volte options.

Im guessing Carn/Twashtar combo for now:

ItemSet 366100
[+]
By Wotasu 2019-04-10 07:11:28
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a whole forum post for this https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/46553/military-parade-a-dd-bard-guide
Just scroll a few pages since the guide is outdated.

And that TP set isnt haste capped, more or less need Ayanmo Cosciales or Volte in legs slot to cap haste.
By aisukage 2019-04-10 07:17:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Katriina said: »
Aside from DM augments on Chironic Set and/or DuskStones on Telchine and even Volte Set from Bastok, you're probably better off with Lust+1 [Path B] for Rudra:

ItemSet 366099

As far as TP goes, many options are available depending on which dagger you're using and yes, I'm skipping the DM, Volte options.

ItemSet 366100

My rudra set is the same. My TP set is similar but a couple changes. (don't have ashera yet)

I use this also for Rudra's since you don't lose TP swapping from Flute to Flute. (you only lose TP when swapping from flute to harp and vice versa)

This is my TP Flute. (not perfect augments could get DA+3%)

And yes Path B is ideal for head and legs but for hands and Feet i actually go path D for Rudra's (hands get more DEX/Acc for the cost of the crit rate which doesn't help with BRDs rudra.

and feet just gets a lot more DEX for the cost of the Acc but i don't find that I miss anymore than anyone else really in the set.

Also for Daggers i would of thought and hoped
Twashtar(R15) / TP bonus dagger would be your best combo IF you don't have issues with Acc on what you're fighting

In which case:
Aeneas / Twashtar would be your most beneficial choice when you are missing a lot on your off hand TP bonus dagger.
By DaneBlood 2019-04-10 07:50:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Reniero said: »
Is there a set of songs that is commonly used for most endgame stuff, WoC, Omen etc?
We feel that our warrior should output more and are wondering if it's the songs.

hurtighed - hutighed - angreb - precision for DD
hurtighed - hurtighed - opfrisk - opfrisk/forsvar for troldmaend

roedgroedmedfloede
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-04-10 08:02:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Reniero said: »

Normally you go Honor March, Victory March, Blade Madrigal and Valor Minuet 4 and 5. Since you have no Honor March use Advancing march instead. A well geared DD should be able to reach 1700 - 1800 acc with only 1 Madrigal Soul Voiced and vorseals + food.

If for some reason your DDs can't reach 1700-1800 accuracy with them buffs, throw up an entrust precision or torpor.

That is for WoC, Kirin and Reisen T4s. However you will need 2 Madrigals if you want to melee Albumen.

For omen you don't really need 1 madrigal, but it does help nonetheless and accuracy caps at 1400 or so for the bosses, but 1500 for Gin i'd say. Not 100% accurate, but close.

edit: Didn't realise this already got answered properly lol oops
By SimonSes 2019-04-10 08:07:52
Link | Quote | Reply

aisukage said: »
(you only lose TP when swapping from flute to harp and vice versa)

No you don't
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-04-10 09:27:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Katriina said: »

ItemSet 366099

ItemSet 366100
Two small things:
Twashtar isn't the best option for Carn MH. Perfect Tari used to be, I guess now Tauret might be I dunno, haven't tested. But not Twashtar (which is clearly BiS if you're using Aeneas MH of course)

Then some notes about Lustratio:
1) Lustratio is an odd beast. If we're looking at pure damage it's the best for Rudra, at the cost of attack and (some) accuracy.
I know people tend to assume capped attack/accuracy and create sets according to that, but realistically you're not. On BRD moreso than on other jobs, especially if you are employing BRD rotations, chances are you're not receiving all 8/10 songs but just yours. More often than not, you won't be att capped.

2) In some slots you can get either higher or comparable DEX values, but no set bonus of course (which, while small, is really hot for Rudra)

3) At incredibly low att values actually Bihu+3 beats anything else because of the huge amount of Attack, it's shocking D:

4) Volte leaves you incredibly open for TP moves or melee hits or anything else. Granted it might not be particularly common to get struck in TP set (it sorta is in Divergence because of the lag, sigh) and granted that BRD is not a tank so probably it's not a main concern, it's still something to consider. It's sort of a personal preference but at least in any situation where you want to use a hybrid or semihibrid TP build, I would suggest to NOT use Lustratio. In the other situations it's up to personal preference. It doesn't change your damage output like night and day, but it's not negligible either (for Rudra builds, of course)

You don't!

Quote:
This is my TP Flute. (not perfect augments could get DA+3%)
Could also get Acc+20, or Acc/Att+15 together.

Quote:
And yes Path B is ideal for head and legs but for hands and Feet i actually go path D for Rudra's
If we're looking exclusively at damage (since we're talking about Lustratio I guess we are, otherwise we'd be using other items after all, no?) I'd say Path D is better for Head.
Same Dex, +8 STR, which even if it's not a direct modifier of Rudra, still helps (marginally) with damage.
By aisukage 2019-04-10 09:55:00
Link | Quote | Reply

good to know on the harp thing. Could of swore i read before i started gearing my BRD that someeone said you lost TP from Harp to Flute. I just remember I was pretty happy to hear you didn't lose TP from Flute to Flute.

And i don't think giving up 20 acc for 8 STR is worth it at all on the head when STR isn't even a mod (yes it gives a little attack to help.) But the extra 7 DEX on feet not only give some of the acc lost but it's also boosting the DEX mod which imo is worth it and why i personally went path D on hands and feet only. But i see your point though.
By zaxtiss 2019-04-10 10:04:26
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't!

omg for real!? damn i'm noob.
i might have to start working on DD brd stuff now!
By eliroo 2019-04-10 10:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

BRD is on moonlight ring and Ayanmo Head is BiS. I think you will be relatively safe switching to Volte Hands/Legs/Feet if you have them.
By aisukage 2019-04-10 10:23:42
Link | Quote | Reply

zaxtiss said: »

omg for real!? damn i'm noob.
i might have to start working on DD brd stuff now!

Don't be so harsh on yourself and you should it's fun and very useful job for groups. I only started BRD a few months back and went up looking Info to learn the job better and someone had mentioned you lose TP only when swapping from harp to flute but not flute to flute and i didn't see anyone correct them so i assumed it was correct. I should of tested it for myself. So it's good to know but doesn't really change anything in my gear sets or play style.
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-04-10 11:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't be so harsh on yourself and you should it's fun and very useful job for groups. I only started BRD a few months back and went up looking Info to learn the job better and someone had mentioned you lose TP only when swapping from harp to flute but not flute to flute and i didn't see anyone correct them so i assumed it was correct. I should of tested it for myself. So it's good to know but doesn't really change anything in my gear sets or play style.

FFXIAH is like a drunk fisherman's forum.

99% of the stuff you read is just pure BS, trolling, tall tales, gross exaggerations and/or unsubstantiated personal theories.
[+]
By eliroo 2019-04-10 12:18:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I just ran it through it a simulator and I think its closer to 87.54%
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-04-10 13:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

And i don't think giving up 20 acc for 8 STR is worth it
Realistically? Most times no, it won't be worth it.
(STR doesn't give "just" 7 attack btw, it gives STR tiers and it's used in the WS formula regardless of the mods)

But since EVERYONE on these boards like to assume that our Attack is capped when creating sets (your set assumes that as well) then might as well assume our Accuracy is capped as well.

Personally I don't, because I know all too well how my stats will be far from capped most of the times, but then again I seem to be a rare bird around here.
By SimonSes 2019-04-10 13:32:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
STR doesn't give "just" 7 attack btw

8, we had and update that changed 1str = 1att for all type of weapons :)
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-04-10 13:39:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah was a typo, 7 is a key just left of 8 :-p
Would've been 6 with the old 1:0,75 ratio, I think, no?
By Sidiov 2019-04-10 14:04:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I don't, because I know all too well how my stats will be far from capped most of the times, but then again I seem to be a rare bird around here.
You are way behind the times, literally EVERYONE has a pocket 4 song bard for their melee brd.
By eliroo 2019-04-10 15:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

This is literally the Bard thread, of course they have a pocket BRD but what world do you live in where you think a 4 song bard is enough to cap attack.

That being said, I do agree that looking at non capped attack builds are great but the situations where you are looking to do more damage are usually situations where you are attack capped. If you aren't you have more problems then gearing.
[+]
By Sidiov 2019-04-10 15:57:43
Link | Quote | Reply

This is literally the Bard thread, of course they have a pocket BRD but what world do you live in where you think a 4 song bard is enough to cap attack.

That being said, I do agree that looking at non capped attack builds are great but the situations where you are looking to do more damage are usually situations where you are attack capped. If you aren't you have more problems then gearing.
You're a bit slow, methinks. It would be 8 songs (honor+5 minuets+whatever), plus your pocket GEO.
What else do you need?
By aisukage 2019-04-10 16:22:54
Link | Quote | Reply

But since EVERYONE on these boards like to assume that our Attack is capped when creating sets (your set assumes that as well) then might as well assume our Accuracy is capped as well.

I get your point in believing that if Acc isn't an issue and Atk isn't capped then the Atk would be better. But if you're assuming my set is designed around the fact that it's assuming my Atk is capped. Why would you suggest the change to add more Atk?

But i do take on board that atk is very important I do hope to try to change my flute to either 15 acc/atk or 20 atk. unfortunatly even using the stone that bg wiki says i need to. out of atleast 6+ stacks of +1 i didn't see any value over 15 (had multiple acc+15 values) or see any value that had both atk and acc on it. Feeling rather unlucky with it but will try again.
By eliroo 2019-04-10 16:27:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Sidiov said: »

You're a bit slow, methinks. It would be 8 songs (honor+5 minuets+whatever), plus your pocket GEO.
What else do you need?

Ok now we have a pocket brd for the pocket brd and a Pocket geo. Are you forgetting the pocket COR too? Where do you even get all these pockets from.
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
Server: Bahamut
user: digoserra
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2019-04-10 16:38:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget a pocket RDM for Dia and a pocket SAM for Ageha.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-04-10 17:25:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I get your point in believing that if Acc isn't an issue and Atk isn't capped then the Atk would be better. But if you're assuming my set is designed around the fact that it's assuming my Atk is capped. Why would you suggest the change to add more Atk?
Sorry if I sounded bitter in my previous posts, it was more a general thing, not specifically directed at you.

In truth I wasn't really suggesting anything.
It's just that attack is not something that can be completely ignored.
What's important imho is to raise the awareness about this single fact. What you do (or don't do) with that knowledge is up to personal judgement, each specific case will call for different decisions, but as long as you're aware of what I said before, then that decision will more likely be the best one for that specific situation (in terms of: maximizing damage)

Lustratio+1 is a fantastic set, it's just that people seem to assume it's like a dichotomy of "wrong" or "right" whereas things are of course much more complicated than just that and Lustratio+1 can't be the one set to rule them all.

Quote:
either 15 acc/atk or 20 atk.
If it were me, I'd go for 15 acc/atk, but I've been shooting more than, what? 50 millions of stones probably? And no luck.
The combined augment seems to be incredibly rare with snowslit stones. And even when you get it, it's a pain to get capped one.
After more than 50 mils of stones mine is still at acc/atk+13, can you believe it? :(
Not sure if it's a "bug" or if it's actually meant to be an augment coming from snowtip stones, dunno...

If I wanted to pick a single stat not sure I'd favor atk+20 over acc+20, dunno, guess it depends on the rest of your gear. If it were me I'd go the acc route though.

I had a similar experience with +2 stones tryin to get DA+3. Took me a gazilion of stones. In the end? I got it with a couple of stacks of +1.
Might be just a coincidence, but it could also be that there's a "bug" and you can't get DA+3 with +2 stones but you can with +1?
/shrug
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 45 46 47 ... 61 62 63