New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
First Page 2 3 ... 201 202 203 ... 224 225 226
By Taint 2021-07-21 15:33:22
Link | Quote | Reply

With Ukon I've been using Blood Rage to get AM3 up. Parses well.

1000+ TP > Blood Rage > Ukko's > 3000TP > Ukko's > 1000tp > Warcry > Upheaval
By marlinselfish 2021-07-21 16:28:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone please post the newest upheaval set please and ty!!!
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2021-07-21 17:11:36
Link | Quote | Reply

5/5 Outrider and Ruby Rings

You're welcome
[+]
By bombsdiggity 2021-07-21 18:14:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jukiro said: »
I know you're specifically looking for a great axe but I would just recommend Montante +1 for a new/returning player with the added benefit of tatenashi gear and how cheap it is to augment.

that's actually a solid thought! thanks man
By Aricomfy 2021-07-21 19:46:01
Link | Quote | Reply

It's like every page at least one person asks for the latest upheaval set. Just take 5 minutes of your time to browse the thread before asking questions, good lord. Most of the time, these questions have answers not even 3 pages back.
By SimonSes 2021-07-22 03:45:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
With Ukon I've been using Blood Rage to get AM3 up. Parses well.

1000+ TP > Blood Rage > Ukko's > 3000TP > Ukko's > 1000tp > Warcry > Upheaval

I actually just go straight to 3000TP in nonAM3 set that makes TP faster, then I Blood Rage just before Ukko at 3000TP, so I can take advantage of Blood Rage during AM3. Tho in segments farming I actually dont use BR till like 2nd group, because we buff on ramp and we pull 2-3 mobs during buffing to not waste time, so I usually get 3000TP there and activate AM3 before we get all buffs and since there is long way from first group to next group on top of the stairs, I dont use BR to not lose it on running. In segments I also often save Warcry for when I switch weapon to club or polearm, because I feel like those benefit more from Warcry, than Ukon does.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2021-07-22 03:46:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Aricomfy said: »
It's like every page at least one person asks for the latest upheaval set. Just take 5 minutes of your time to browse the thread before asking questions, good lord. Most of the time, these questions have answers not even 3 pages back.
Does anyone have the post from 4 pages back tho?
 Asura.Sirris
Server: Asura
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2021-07-22 09:59:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
Farsha eh? Sounds kinda wild. To be honest I find 1 handed to be really boring and even try to avoid using Naegling because of that.

Quote:
Ukon sets focus more on white damage, so that's the opposite of what you'd be doing.
Oh so you'd forego the 5 hit build and build more towards multi hit like Niqmaddu Ring and such?

Naegling/SB IS super boring, no argument from me there, but Farsha is not, IMO, between AM3 maintenance and big crits. Although tbh I mostly made mine for beastmaster completionism and I don't use it much, but when the stars align and I can use Farsha it is actually quite fun (and Mistral Axe isn't bad, either).
 Odin.Foxmulder
Server: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-07-22 10:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Aricomfy said: »

Sometimes, you have to go quite a ways back in a job thread to see discussion about main sets in modern gear. I know I've been up in the air on what to aim for before and had to go 10, 15, 20 pages back for pretty standard sets. I'm sure plenty of people stop looking before then and ask, or know that it's a possibility and save themselves the trouble.

It wouldn't be so bad if the original posters ever updated their ***even annually, but they rarely do outside of a handful of people. If searching in threads was a little better, like allowing you to search for "Upheaval set" in the last 3 months, it would probably eliminate a lot.
 Siren.Hillclimb
Server: Siren
user: Hillclimb
By Siren.Hillclimb 2021-07-22 11:06:48
Link | Quote | Reply

marlinselfish said: »
Can someone please post the newest upheaval set please and ty!!!

Someone literally quoted and responded to you 6/28/21 on page 198. Stop being lazy. Or just goto item sets and search "upheaval" to see what other people are using/building out

Or goto this threads search bar and type "upheaval." And even if it doesnt pull up the exact post, itll put you in the ball park of a discussion to click on, and people typically have it posted or discussed.
[+]
By marlinselfish 2021-07-22 16:32:17
Link | Quote | Reply

The set that was posted looked out dated. Sorry to all you c@@krings who can't just help and post a current set.
[+]
 Asura.Nususu
user: nususu
By Asura.Nususu 2021-07-22 16:39:07
Link | Quote | Reply

lol good way to get more help bro
[+]
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
Server: Leviathan
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2021-07-22 16:56:16
Link | Quote | Reply

The set that was posted looked out dated. Sorry to all you c@@krings who can't just help and post a current set.

Hey you're right, that set with Sakpata is way outdated. Here's a new one for you

ItemSet 381028

Hope it helps!
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-07-22 16:59:20
Link | Quote | Reply

kusaregedo77 said: »
Can someone please put up the current bis upheaval set.

this is what i currently use, not sure about bis.

ItemSet 380468
You got an answer 4 weeks ago. See you again in 4 weeks, or just bookmark this set.

Edit: if you think this set is old post some new ideas.
[+]
 Asura.Friedrik
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2021-07-22 17:51:07
Link | Quote | Reply

cookrings?
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2021-07-22 18:55:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Questions about that set then:

Sailfi+1 seems to outdo Fotia on the spreadsheet, is that correct?

Is it basically that if you have Attack cap to utilize PDL, Sakpata is always the best, if you don't use WSD? Depending on the buffs I enter I see AF+3 Head, Relic+3 Body, and Sulevia+2 Feet beating Sakpata or Sakpata beating them.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2021-07-22 19:05:35
Link | Quote | Reply

If not attack cap Sulevia feet for sure. Attack and other buffs will play a role in a ton of slots tbh, waist rings etc.
By marlinselfish 2021-07-22 19:12:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Gelatinous +1 > niq.? Don't upset the war trolls by questioning the above set.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2021-07-22 20:40:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Could use Gelatinous over regal if attack cap, but a ton of rings are really close and really come down to target/buffs.

Regal, Gelatinous, Karrieyh+1, Niqmadu

Edit:
Gelatinous +1 > niq.? Don't upset the war trolls by questioning the above set.
To be clear not being a dumb *** or getting upset when people call you out on your laziness keeps ~90% of people from trolling.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Spaitin 2021-07-23 08:23:58
Link | Quote | Reply

At attack cap, use gelatinous and niqq.

New WS set for Decimation. Fill the empty slots with Crepuscular Ammo and Dagger (Assuming Dagger CHR mod works in offhand?). Really high average. Still not as good as reso spam with montante though. Easier to cap attack. Only reason people had decimation spam beating reso spam is because sheet was incorrect. Reso actually beats it pretty comfortably. Gonna work on new guide for a little while today.
ItemSet 367313
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-07-23 08:57:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Spaitin said: »

New WS set for Decimation. Fill the empty slots with Crepuscular Ammo and Dagger (Assuming Dagger CHR mod works in offhand?). Really high average. Still not as good as reso spam with montante though. Easier to cap attack. Only reason people had decimation spam beating reso spam is because sheet was incorrect. Reso actually beats it pretty comfortably. Gonna work on new guide for a little while today.
ItemSet 367313

I dont really see how Reso can beat it, unless you somehow forgot to mention "under Warcry". With Warcry its easy win for Reso, but without it, Reso seems really weak.
By Spaitin 2021-07-23 09:07:21
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
I dont really see how Reso can beat it, unless you somehow forgot to mention "under Warcry". With Warcry its easy win for Reso, but without it, Reso seems really weak.
With or without warcry, reso wins. I am guessing it was the PDIF issue with the sheet that gave 1 hand weapons a 14%ish increase over the actual damage. Granted, if you can't guarantee attack cap, reso falls behind rather quickly.
By SimonSes 2021-07-23 09:39:55
Link | Quote | Reply

With or without warcry, reso wins. I am guessing it was the PDIF issue with the sheet that gave 1 hand weapons a 14%ish increase over the actual damage. Granted, if you can't guarantee attack cap, reso falls behind rather quickly.

In sheet (with fixed pdif and SAM/CHAOS rolls) it's not even close. All I can get with Reso without Warcry is around 8100 DPS if I set it to save TP to 2500. I dont know bis TP set for Montante tho, so I just went with Tatenashi body/hands/legs and Flamma+2 feet/head.

EDIT: Actually DW was broken in sheet (tbh I havent used DW in sheet for a year, so its a reason I havent noticed earlier), when I fixed it, Decimation build is now reaching 10100 DPS (still without adding 3%CHR WSC bonus from dagger even), which can compete even with Warcry Reso.

So idk what source you have for your theory of Reso beating Decimation.
Server: Odin
user: tallica
By Odin.Kingofthenorth 2021-07-23 09:40:53
Link | Quote | Reply

What would be reso attack capped set? I remember using that gs with reso and was disappointed
By SimonSes 2021-07-23 09:41:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kingofthenorth said: »
What would be reso attack capped set? I remember using that gs with reso and was disappointed

Pretty much the same as that Decimation set.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2021-07-23 13:31:42
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 367313

CHR Dagger should work offhand since Utu Grip Works on the Mainhand (Duh right?) and on Ranged Weapons. (I did try out Utu w/ Yoichi on SAM)

On the plus side, atleast CHR will be good for something now.

Oseem gave me some really sweet WSDMG Augs from Dark Matter but had a habit of putting CHR on it..
 Bahamut.Leonof
Server: Bahamut
user: DethCody
By Bahamut.Leonof 2021-07-23 14:19:39
Link | Quote | Reply

In sheet (with fixed pdif and SAM/CHAOS rolls) it's not even close. All I can get with Reso without Warcry is around 8100 DPS if I set it to save TP to 2500. I dont know bis TP set for Montante tho, so I just went with Tatenashi body/hands/legs and Flamma+2 feet/head.

EDIT: Actually DW was broken in sheet (tbh I havent used DW in sheet for a year, so its a reason I havent noticed earlier), when I fixed it, Decimation build is now reaching 10100 DPS (still without adding 3%CHR WSC bonus from dagger even), which can compete even with Warcry Reso.

So idk what source you have for your theory of Reso beating Decimation.

You got it backwards simon, the spreadsheet is a base or pointer to look for what's good in game, its not a source. Someone posting some testing would be a source.

Also I think theres still plenty more wrong with that spreadsheet. When I put in montante/reso and doli/deci in the spreadsheet that I've been editing for a while when bored at work, I get that they about the same dps.

(Sams/Chaos/Att Cap/Acc Cap/no warcry)
With greatsword at 7750 ​dps, 33600 avg ws, 1.76 rounds/ws
With axe at 8000dps, 38600 avg ws, 2.34 rounds/ws

I put in for what is close to BIS slot for tp for both, theres alot of options to go through these days.

When I try to do the same in the spreadsheet that was posted on the forums before, it breaks due to dual wield. When I try to fix it seems to have issue for pdif for offhand or something. I would post mine but I dont think its to the point at which I want to share it.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2021-07-23 14:26:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Leonof said: »
Someone posting some testing would be a source.
Nobody testing anything knows how to maintain a controlled environment. Testing is only useful to find unknown variables anyways.
First Page 2 3 ... 201 202 203 ... 224 225 226