smash axe 2633/induration 3019
decimation 18462/frag 28344
(dident reach last step)

rampage 6247
decimation 10535/reverb damage I cant see
smash axe 2326/induration 2743
decimation 7940/frag 12561
decimation 9792/light 30027

edit: yeah it seems I was confusing the axe with a different weapon sorry. I thought it added SC damage not WS damage, my bad
that is much better thank you. I actually think I am going to test it on my bst with 0 MA gear to try and get easier numbers to work with .
 Asura.Arnan
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: amadis
By Asura.Arnan 2019-03-11 08:18:51
Link | Quote | Reply

sorry about my confusion. For some reason I thought it was SC damage not WS damage
By Spaitin 2019-03-11 08:20:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Arnan said: »
sorry about my confusion. For some reason I thought it was SC damage not WS damage
dont worry about it. you arent the only one confused by it.
By Spaitin 2019-03-11 09:08:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know when I will have time, but the test I am going to do will be that same SC of rampage > Decimation >smash axe> Decimation> Decimation. ill do it something like 5 times each and average everything out. ill be on bst using /sam wielding Axe/shield with a set that doesn't use MA. that way I don't have any extra hits I have to worry about. From there I can get a good estimate on what the DMG increase is like since Decimation doesn't scale at all with TP, should be able to calculate a good guess of the % of increase. The big issue I am seeing is if it will apply to first hit only or to all hits. Anyone seeing any obvious issues?
By SimonSes 2019-03-11 10:32:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah you was right I'm sorry. Too much new mechanics :D

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Spaitin 2019-03-11 20:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
Same question, only missing Body from the set posted.

Stop everything and go get yourself a Valorous body and augment it with DA or Store TP, seriously go do it. If for whatever reason you just can't get the motivation to farm a Valorous, then the Relic +3 body works for that slot though your missing the Store TP.
Tyvm, on it. Since you said DA or STP, should I go ahead and get 2 Valorous Bodies?

I personally have two. one with max DA and as much acc as I could (fern) and another with max STP and as much acc as I could get (also fern).
[+]
By benitez 2019-03-12 13:23:49
Link | Quote | Reply

With the final upgrades on Ambuscade Weapons, does Ullr sneak in as a viable ranged weapon slot for jobs that can use it? You would lose the ability to swap in and out ammo for TP vs WS situations, but is there a case for +15 Str and +15 Dex being better overall than current sets where Ginsen is in for TP, then another ammo for WS? I know the answer lies in the spreadsheets, but have not used them before, or even know where to get the latest versions.
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2019-03-12 13:34:33
Link | Quote | Reply

benitez said: »
With the final upgrades on Ambuscade Weapons, does Ullr sneak in as a viable ranged weapon slot for jobs that can use it? You would lose the ability to swap in and out ammo for TP vs WS situations, but is there a case for +15 Str and +15 Dex being better overall than current sets where Ginsen is in for TP, then another ammo for WS? I know the answer lies in the spreadsheets, but have not used them before, or even know where to get the latest versions.

Well, even if it's not, it does help offset the difference in DPS loss (if there is one) for taking advantage of it's m.acc for Armor Break :/ so there's that I guess.

I don't play WAR though, so take that with a grain of salt.

That said you could easily set a mode in a lua that would have you start in Armor Break mode with bow, then swap you to Ginsen/Knob/Other ammos after you've used armor break.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-03-12 13:49:37
Link | Quote | Reply

WAR already had a ranged option

https://www.ffxiah.com/item/22138/exalted-cbow-1

Heavy Shot is pretty decent already, not sure how much the Bow would add considering the utility of bolts. The Bow being a short bow class hurts it the most, it should of been a Long Bow with suitable damage and delay.
By SimonSes 2019-03-12 14:10:55
Link | Quote | Reply

WAR already had a ranged option

https://www.ffxiah.com/item/22138/exalted-cbow-1

Heavy Shot is pretty decent already, not sure how much the Bow would add considering the utility of bolts. The Bow being a short bow class hurts it the most, it should of been a Long Bow with suitable damage and delay.

None was talking about using ambu bow actively tho. They were talking about stat boosting with it. I guess its a decent option for axe and gsword builds, but for gaxe ginsen/knobkierke is much better.
 Shiva.Cziella
Server: Shiva
user: Rumors
By Shiva.Cziella 2019-03-12 14:13:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the case he was making was mostly for the +15STR/DEX on ranged slot, vs Ginsen for TP or WS ammos, and the extra +40 macc for break WS?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-03-12 14:27:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Well one of the WS Ammo's is +6% WSD which is going to beat the bow anyway.
By Autocast 2019-03-12 15:11:43
Link | Quote | Reply

someone be a champ and test out the def down on the Gsword.
By Rafai 2019-03-12 15:14:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Just upgraded Kaja Sword to Naegling, gonna mess around some with it on WAR subbing Renaud +2 for TP bonus. Main hand acc @1250 off hand 1054 with no buffs. Just for fun obviously.

Current TP set:

ItemSet 365556
 Asura.Snapster
user: Mojopojo
By Asura.Snapster 2019-03-12 16:13:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have time to dig through this to see if it's been posted but I think that the go-to should be WAR/DNC, not WAR/NIN. You only need Emicho Hands +1 to get near attack speed capped. Additional DW isn't worth the base TP lose and loss of other stats. SYou'll end up with better gear and much higher base TP. If you have a DNC main in your group you can use WAR/SAM and Fencer.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-03-12 16:25:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Snapster said: »
I don't have time to dig through this to see if it's been posted but I think that the go-to should be WAR/DNC, not WAR/NIN. You only need Emicho Hands +1 to get near attack speed capped.

Horribly Horribly HORRIBLY wrong.

With capped Gear (256) and Magic (448) haste you need 36% Dual Wield to reach delay floor (20% of delay). /DNC gives you 15, /NIN gives you 25 DW, Emicho +1 Hands give 6, Suppa gives you 5. If someone is stupid enough to go /DNC, they would need 21 DW in to reach delay floor while /NIN only needs 11.

For the love of god stop going /DNC thinking it's a good idea.

And before someone mentions Haste Samba 1, it's 5% (50) and not worth the time / TP to use every 90s. DNC main gets merits that makes it 10% and even they only use it if their not getting march's. Also Haste Samba is a debuff not a buff, its an additional effect on your melee attacks that applies a debuff to the enemy that gives a small haste buff to anyone hitting that enemy. This means you need to engage and hit every mob once before it activates and if your stunned it can wear off before you come out of stun lock and need to reapply it.
[+]
By Taint 2019-03-12 16:31:03
Link | Quote | Reply

One war/dnc boosting two other war/sams seems
Worth it.

Caps the two /Sam wars at the loss of 10da from cape. Probably not the ideal setup but it would be a net gain.
 Asura.Snapster
By Asura.Snapster 2019-03-12 16:49:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have time to dig through this to see if it's been posted but I think that the go-to should be WAR/DNC, not WAR/NIN. You only need Emicho Hands +1 to get near attack speed capped.

Horribly Horribly HORRIBLY wrong.

With capped Gear (256) and Magic (448) haste you need 36% Dual Wield to reach delay floor (20% of delay). /DNC gives you 15, /NIN gives you 25 DW, Emicho +1 Hands give 6, Suppa gives you 5. If someone is stupid enough to go /DNC, they would need 21 DW in to reach delay floor while /NIN only needs 11.

For the love of god stop going /DNC thinking it's a good idea.

And before someone mentions Haste Samba 1, it's 5% (50) and not worth the time / TP to use every 90s. DNC main gets merits that makes it 10% and even they only use it if their not getting march's. Also Haste Samba is a debuff not a buff, its an additional effect on your melee attacks that applies a debuff to the enemy that gives a small haste buff to anyone hitting that enemy. This means you need to engage and hit every mob once before it activates and if your stunned it can wear off before you come out of stun lock and need to reapply it.

Calm down. Haste Samba is worth using. You only need 9 DW with Haste Samba I up to cap delay although again because of gear selection I recommend just going with the hands. I don't know what you are offhanding in this situation, but if you assume 240 delay for both main and sub it's a difference of 56 base TP per strike vs 69 (almost 20% more) and whatever else you gain but not having to use any other DW gear. You're also likely boosting the DPS of everyone else that you're grouping with. If you think that's not worth using Haste Samba for, I don't know what to tell you.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-03-12 17:00:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, you definitely want haste samba. Not just for yourself, but for the DPS that can't maintain capped haste without it. So, basically every 2H job that isn't DRG or an Apoc DRK.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-03-12 17:00:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
One war/dnc boosting two other war/sams seems
Worth it.

Caps the two /Sam wars at the loss of 10da from cape. Probably not the ideal setup but it would be a net gain.

It won't cap them, /DNC is only 5% (50), costs 350TP and lasts 90s.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Haste_Samba

256/1024
448/1024
50/1024

754/1024 = 73.63%

Cap is 820/1024.

DNC mains have merits that raise the potency to 10% (101) and the duration to 2:30 base with Saber Dance bringing it to 3min for the same 350TP cost.

Haste Samba is worth using.

No it's not, this was gone over a couple of years ago. Sub DNC isn't strong enough to justify using while DNC main is a different story due to merits.
You're also likely boosting the DPS of everyone else that you're grouping with.

No your not because their already capped. You are just wasting your time trying to be a special snowflake and buck the norm. If someone needs to do Haste Samba then either get a DNC Main or have the COR do it.
[+]
 Asura.Snapster
By Asura.Snapster 2019-03-12 17:12:34
Link | Quote | Reply

You're making something unnecessarily personal. Get your issues sorted out.

Back to the topic. Emicho Hands +1, Dual Wield II and Haste Samba is going to nearly cap your delay (you're less than 1% away). Adding more Dual Wield can only increase your marginal attack speed by 4.x% and it will come at some expense (stats on other gear) and also reduce your base TP gain. A 20% marginal gain on TP per strike and better gear stats is going to net you more DPS than a 4% marginal attack speed gain.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-03-12 17:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

No, just no. Do not waste 350TP every 80~85s and the requisite attack rounds to apply the effect while getting nothing else. Just go /NIN and WS spam away. /DNC was tested and mathed out to death years ago and nothing in the game has changed the result, not worth it and it actually lowers your overall DPS while giving you 10 accuracy in return.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-03-12 17:29:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Got a Pulse polearm from gobbiebox; Gearset for WAR on Polearm exist? Only time i would equip polearm would be for Abby proc.

Depends on Delay and WS, I'm still tweaking my Polearm ID set but it's very similar to the standard Chango / Great Axe set.

ItemSet 350357

The Store TP will likely need to be tweaked a bit since I'm not done my ID set to get WS TP Return.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Snapster
By Asura.Snapster 2019-03-12 17:39:08
Link | Quote | Reply

No, just no. Do not waste 350TP every 80~85s and the requisite attack rounds to apply the effect while getting nothing else. Just go /NIN and WS spam away. /DNC was tested and mathed out to death years ago and nothing in the game has changed the result, not worth it and it actually lowers your overall DPS while giving you 10 accuracy in return.

I don't think 350 TP matters as much as it did back in the days. You weren't able to hit 100 DA and 100+ Store TP. You can stagger Samba with weapon skills or use it outside of combat if you're that concerned about the cool down.

You're welcome to bring any supporting argument to the discussion although I'd recommend against simply screeching louder. It's not a strong supporting argument.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-12 17:47:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Got a Pulse polearm from gobbiebox; Gearset for WAR on Polearm exist? Only time i would equip polearm would be for Abby proc.

You don't have to use the Pulse Polearm to make a Polearm, you know.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-03-12 17:55:22
Link | Quote | Reply

You're welcome to bring any supporting argument to the discussion although I'd recommend against simply screeching louder

I already did before you even made your case, and you ignored them. It's the exact same line of reasoning that was tried about four (has it really been that long) years ago when I was experimenting with Fencer and Dual Wield builds. We mathed it then play tested it and found it performed badly compared to just /NIN. The only time we were able to make /DNC do well was when you had 3K TP before a fight, pop Haste Samba before the pop, engage and kill it before Haste Samba wore off. During the down time between ??? appearing we would recharge back to 350 TP (guess the sword I was using at that time) and pop Haste Samba before the next pop.

Outside of that it performed astronomically bad because Haste Samba daze is a PITA to keep up when rapidly killing mobs. Your uncapped for two attack rounds waiting for the effect to be applied, then for you to receive the buff from the monster. The monster dies and you need to do it all over again on the next.

But feel free to continue personal attacks.
First Page 2 3 ... 140 141 142 ... 224 225 226