Link | Quote | Reply

who was arguing? lol
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2018-08-21 14:32:23
Link | Quote | Reply

As a long timer owner of Rag. I recently got Change and Montante NQ. I can tell you that I now only use Rag for Domain Invasion as it's a fantastic weapon to score crits.
By Dsuza 2018-08-21 21:20:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys, I would really appreciate if someone could post a couple of Full Break WS sets. From my understanding Magic Acc and Acc is the main goal?

Could someone please post a BiS set than maybe 2nd best set for it so I can /toss something together soon.

Thank you very much in advance for your time and help
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2018-08-21 21:46:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Full Flamma +2 basically.
By stickyd420 2018-08-22 13:24:52
Link | Quote | Reply

ya flamma+2 is BIS or near
By Dsuza 2018-08-22 21:58:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks again guys.

How about Rings/Earrings/Waist/Ammo, etc?

Or there is no need to go overboard, and full Flamma +2 enough to make it land/stick on the highest lvl content?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-08-22 22:02:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I use full flamma +2 then

Ammo: Pemphredo tathlum
Neck: Sanctity necklace
Ear1: Dignitary's earring
Ear2: Telos earring
Ring1: Flamma ring
Ring2: Weatherspoon ring +1
Back: Chicol Mantle (STR+30 Acc/Atk 20 WSD 10)
Waist: Eschan stone

Lets me land them normally on most everything I fight.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-22 22:07:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Etana is a good swap for anyone who didn't pick weatherspoon
[+]
By Dsuza 2018-08-22 22:10:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-08-22 22:13:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Etana is a good swap for anyone who didn't pick weatherspoon

Yeah I got that ring mostly for my BLU, RNG and RDM, but it helps on other jobs too.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-08-25 10:10:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would you be using Telos over Brutal unless you had a severe need for Store TP?
 Bismarck.Gippali
Server: Bismarck
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2018-08-25 10:45:10
Link | Quote | Reply

But Saevel, you just don't understand...if he could show you the little grid with gear it would all make sense /eyeroll.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-08-25 19:26:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Um, Telos has 5 STP, while Brutal has 1.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-08-25 19:35:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Vize said: »
telos and brutal have the same store tp ........ i switch between them when i need more accuracy than double attack

Telos has 1 DA 5 Store TP

Brutal has 5 DA 1 Store TP

It's an exchange of 4 DA and 4 Store TP with DA usually having the better return.

Cessance is 3 DA and 3 Store TP.
 Shiva.Cahota
Server: Shiva
user: cahota420
By Shiva.Cahota 2018-08-25 20:08:29
Link | Quote | Reply

so should be making my chango soo cause why not. but relic +3 body worth it or well augmeted valo body with 7 stp?

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2018-08-28 15:51:05
Link | Quote | Reply

bleh.. So there's been a strain of shouts today claiming that Ragnarok is still the best Greatsword, people have just been using it wrong...

The guy making the claim swears that Resolution > Scourge > Resolution will provide Best of All DPS. I tried to explain to him the weaknesses of Rag's low delay and Scourge's lackluster damage, etc etc but the frets hit on deff ears <.<;

What would a BiS Scourge setup be? Something pretty similar to Upheaval I take it? Maybe a slight change here or there? Gonna go run individual DPS tests under optimal conditions (or Near-Optimal at least) to see if it holds any water at all.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-08-28 16:05:41
Link | Quote | Reply

STR would be better than VIT because double dipping, but otherwise yes, focus on WSD like high TP Upheaval.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-08-28 18:21:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
The guy making the claim swears that Resolution > Scourge > Resolution will provide Best of All DPS.

He's very very confused, that won't make ***because the first two create light but Reso doesn't continue it.

What would a BiS Scourge setup be? Something pretty similar to Upheaval I take it? Maybe a slight change here or there? Gonna go run individual DPS tests under optimal conditions (or Near-Optimal at least) to see if it holds any water at all.

Scourge is very meh, it's not terribad like it used to be but it's damage isn't anything compared to Resolution's or Upheavals (Chango). Focusing purely on damage I can get it around 18K, but then you run into the same Store TP issues Torcleaver faces of very low TP return on WS. Instead if you focus a bit more on Store TP then you can get ~200 from WS and it won't jack with your x-hit.

The best use for scourge is when Sekkanoki is up, then you can do Sekka -> 1K Scourge (AM) -> Resolution for a nice light and a DPS burst from the AM effect.
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2018-08-28 21:07:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
The guy making the claim swears that Resolution > Scourge > Resolution will provide Best of All DPS.

He's very very confused, that won't make ***because the first two create light but Reso doesn't continue it.

Scourge is very meh, it's not terribad like it used to be but it's damage isn't anything compared to Resolution's or Upheavals (Chango). Focusing purely on damage I can get it around 18K, but then you run into the same Store TP issues Torcleaver faces of very low TP return on WS. Instead if you focus a bit more on Store TP then you can get ~200 from WS and it won't jack with your x-hit.

The best use for scourge is when Sekkanoki is up, then you can do Sekka -> 1K Scourge (AM) -> Resolution for a nice light and a DPS burst from the AM effect.

That's the exact same finding I had too. Could push it to 18k tops with maybe a 20k here or there from Multi-hit. Yeah, the easiest way to combat the STP issue is to use a COR. But even with a COR making Rag as strong as possible, that same situation makes other options much more powerful. Dunno why I do this to myself lol.
By Afania 2018-08-28 21:09:45
Link | Quote | Reply

He probably meant scourge > reso > torcleaver.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-08-29 03:03:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Not on WAR he's not. WAR can't Torcleaver
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2018-08-29 04:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »

Yeah, it was a WAR claim so I hope not xD
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-08-29 07:17:57
Link | Quote | Reply

eah, the easiest way to combat the STP issue is to use a COR.

No, that's not how that works.

Samurai's Roll just elevates your current x-hit up one rank, it still needs to actually function at it's base rank. So if your shorting your build and thus giving yourself a 6-hit, using Samurai's Roll just bumps it to a 5-hit. While if your doing it right and riding a 5-hit, then using Samurai's Roll bumps it to a 4-hit.
By stickyd420 2018-09-02 10:32:48
Link | Quote | Reply

maybe link your war.lua :D

lets see this i need to know everything
 Sylph.Sokku
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Sokku 2018-09-04 00:18:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »

Yeah, it was a WAR claim so I hope not xD

What server are you even on Charles? Do you even play anymore? I thought you quit to collect swords and whistles you bought with credit card scams from csik?
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
Server: Ragnarok
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2018-09-07 11:51:00
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the go-to WS for club? Doing unafraid of the dark and wanted to know which WS to gear for.
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2018-09-07 12:54:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Lockfort said: »
What's the go-to WS for club? Doing unafraid of the dark and wanted to know which WS to gear for.

Good question. Back in the day I used to very much enjoy True Strike, but now? Probably Hexastrike if you don’t mind picking up a Beryllium?

*Edit*

Hexastrike is a good choice: 6-8 Hit, Rolling fTP, and Crit Potential so in a WAR's hands potentially very strong.

Black Halo is very similar to Savage Blade so if you feel that's a safer bet, there's that.

Realmrazer is also an Option and seems like a Side-Step to Hexastrike. MND Based, Rolling fTP but no chance at Critical Hit.

I don't have experience with this or I could offer better insight :x
First Page 2 3 ... 121 122 123 ... 224 225 226