(Don't) Fear The Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » (Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
(Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 155 156 157 ... 203 204 205
 Odin.Archaide
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Archaide
By Odin.Archaide 2018-11-07 12:57:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
How has the weapon/weaponskill hierarchy shifted since the WSD bug/glitch/change has come about? Looking to invest in a heavy DD and DRK seems more engaging than WAR.

I prefer Liberator myself, spamming Insurgency is right up there and most Caladbolg users are getting AM3 and spamming Resolution. Raetic Reso spam would be good too I’m assuming.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Server: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-11-07 13:33:30
Link | Quote | Reply

So what's best these days with glitch? Liberator or Calad?
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-11-07 14:20:51
Link | Quote | Reply

More buffs = Favours Calad.
Less buffs = Favours Liberator. (more so if you start with 3000)
 Asura.Biglovin
Server: Asura
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2018-11-07 16:03:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Humpo said: »
Ragnarok.Lockfort said: »
How much HP buff can drain 3 give if used on pull/start of fight? So buffed with JA and stuff.

With DS/NV, i typically get to about ~2000-2500 on average or whatever math works out to be to put me around 4500~5000hp. My set is not complete either.

With an MB, capping out HP is fairly normal.

Without any if that... I don't cast it because I'll just end up crying tears of disappointment.

Minimum potencies are 50% of maximum in a resisted cast (unless immune of course).

With DS/NV up you should almost always land unresisted (Unless you just have a really garbage set for m.acc/skill). Since Drain is not a "damage" based spell but a potency magic bursts do not give extra HP(Damage), just extra magic accuracy. In other words, if you cannot hit max HP (9999) in your normal set unresisted with DS/NV, a Magic Burst land will not matter.

If I'm somehow completely wrong on how I learned how drain worked years ago please enlighten me but this is what I've taken from other players and from BG.

I can't remember what Azagarth had put in his sticky for drain sets but this is mine:
ItemSet 341672

on average when using at the start of a fight every 5 mins when it wears off in Dynamis, I am between 5-7k HP. (I've been starting to use Marine Stewpots after the first hour of having attack food to compasate for Wave 3 mobs)
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Server: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-11-07 16:46:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Biglovin said: »
How much HP buff can drain 3 give if used on pull/start of fight? So buffed with JA and stuff.

With DS/NV, i typically get to about ~2000-2500 on average or whatever math works out to be to put me around 4500~5000hp. My set is not complete either.

Without any if that... I don't cast it because I'll just end up crying tears of disappointment.

Minimum potencies are 50% of maximum in a resisted cast (unless immune of course).

With DS/NV up you should almost always land unresisted (Unless you just have a really garbage set for m.acc/skill). Since Drain is not a "damage" based spell but a potency magic bursts do not give extra HP(Damage), just extra magic accuracy. In other words, if you cannot hit max HP (9999) in your normal set unresisted with DS/NV, a Magic Burst land will not matter.

If I'm somehow completely wrong on how I learned how drain worked years ago please enlighten me but this is what I've taken from other players and from BG.

I can't remember what Azagarth had put in his sticky for drain sets but this is mine:
ItemSet 341672

on average when using at the start of a fight every 5 mins when it wears off in Dynamis, I am between 5-7k HP. (I've been starting to use Marine Stewpots after the first hour of having attack food to compasate for Wave 3 mobs)

Your set is pretty solid, although I would suggest Pemphredo Tathlum over Hydrocera, and Ratri Sallet +1 over Relic if DS is not up.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-11-07 17:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 341672

Yes, you're completely wrong. Normal resists, which Drains are subject to, can bring you down to 50%, 25%, 12.5%, or even 6.25% if the monster has high enough dark resistance rank.

In addition, while Dark Seal will basically give you enough magic accuracy to bypass MEVA on anything, enemies with high enough dark resistance ranks can force 1/2 or 1/16 resists regardless of anything other than Rayke. If you use NV/DS on a Caturae, for example, you will NEVER see better than a 1/2 resist (without Rayke support). Dynamis wave 2 bosses and wave 3 volte mobs all have this forced 1/2 resist (though not the wave 3 boss after you kill the dark circle).

Finally, Magic Bursts affect Drain's potency exactly the same as with normal nukes. If you burst off of NV/DS with a good set, you're going to hit 9999 max HP unless it's a mob that forces a resist.
[+]
 Asura.Biglovin
By Asura.Biglovin 2018-11-07 17:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I stand corrected! Thank you Geriond.
[+]
 Shiva.Humpo
Server: Shiva
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2018-11-07 19:43:11
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 341672

I agree. Set seems pretty solid, and fairly ideal minus the ammo. Only real difference between yours and mine is that I use a Austerity Belt+1, Abyssal Earring (Divine Might) instead of Dignitary's, and lack yellow boxes due to being a cheapskate.

While you are wrong as above person pointed out, I think you were actually thinking of "Magic Attack Bonus" which does not effect drain. However, gear that does effect your "affinity" with dark magic does effect it. Dark Staff for example. I think the Archon ring actually falls in this category also... I think... Overly mage-y stuff makes me head hurt. Maybe someone else could chime in?
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2018-11-08 23:31:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
An issue wherein physical damage was not correctly calculated for the following weapons:
Anguta / Apocalypse / Redemption / Raetic Scythe / Raetic Scythe +1 / Abyss Scythe / Fallen’s Scythe / Father Time

Liberator not mentioned... :O
 Bahamut.Nebohh
user: Kealohaa
By Bahamut.Nebohh 2018-11-08 23:36:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Watch they discreetly correct WSD on multi-hit WS’s...
 Bahamut.Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2018-11-08 23:38:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm hoping the one's mentioned got buffed like Lib is!

but hope floats... like turds...
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2018-11-08 23:38:22
Link | Quote | Reply

"An issue wherein the effects of the Weapon Skill Damage+ attribute were being mistakenly applied to all hits of a multi-hit weapon skill, rather than only the first hit."
By Sabishii 2018-11-08 23:39:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Welp, douchebag that complained to high heaven about the WSD thing got his wish. Everyone throw out your WSD gear for multihit WSs. It's not king any more. Back to throwing SMNs at all the things, MNK sucks again, so does everything else.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-11-08 23:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

No your Monk sucks. Mine is just fine.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2018-11-09 00:02:50
Link | Quote | Reply

lmao get ***
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2018-11-09 00:09:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I will start fixing sets again, once people get using the weapons again if it reverts back to pre wsd buff, what would be to top reso set nowadays?
 Bahamut.Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2018-11-09 00:15:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azagarth said: »
Well I will start fixing sets again, once people get using the weapons again if it reverts back to pre wsd buff, what would be to top reso set nowadays?

The REMA WSD still applies. Guess Reso would be... idk.
By Zeota 2018-11-09 00:19:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Not unless they ninja added DRK to Lionheart. :P
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2018-11-09 00:20:20
Link | Quote | Reply

We can only hope lol!
[+]
By Zeota 2018-11-09 00:28:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess the folks with augmented weapons will have to do some tests with pre-bug and post-bug gearsets to see if there are any noticeable changes.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2018-11-09 00:28:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Zeota said: »
I guess the folks with augmented weapons will have to do some tests with pre-bug and post-bug gearsets to see if there are any noticeable changes.

Ready to start skillchain!
By Kronkeykong 2018-11-09 06:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
An issue wherein physical damage was not correctly calculated for the following weapons:
Anguta / Apocalypse / Redemption / Raetic Scythe / Raetic Scythe +1 / Abyss Scythe / Fallen’s Scythe / Father Time

Hmm'st've.
 Odin.Archaide
By Odin.Archaide 2018-11-09 09:14:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Just did some quick napkin test and WSD easily won out for Insurgency in a low buff situation on Apex Bats. Keep in mind very quick napkin tests and I'm sure others will test it further but it kinda made me feel better to see these numbers lol.

WSD set avg = 27883
DA set avg = 22349

ItemSet 362339

ItemSet 362863
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-11-09 09:22:44
Link | Quote | Reply

WSDMG always won for Liberator Insurgency, even before the bug. It's got crazy fast fTP scaling between 1000 and 2000 TP, and AM3 both severely devalues DA (because OA2-3 has priority) and increases the value of WSDMG (because higher TP overflow makes the first hit a bigger proportion).
[+]
 Odin.Archaide
By Odin.Archaide 2018-11-09 12:10:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
WSDMG always won for Liberator Insurgency, even before the bug. It's got crazy fast fTP scaling between 1000 and 2000 TP, and AM3 both severely devalues DA (because OA2-3 has priority) and increases the value of WSDMG (because higher TP overflow makes the first hit a bigger proportion).

Thats right, I havent had my Lib for long and its early in the morning and I'm pissed off lol
 Asura.Biglovin
By Asura.Biglovin 2018-11-09 12:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I was under the assumption that mythic's OA2-3 was applied after normal DA/TA and that was the reason why a Conqueror War was shitting since War has such a high DA rate impeding the OA3 on mythic.
 Asura.Sirtaint
user: Taint
By Asura.Sirtaint 2018-11-09 13:11:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I was under the assumption that mythic's OA2-3 was applied after normal DA/TA and that was the reason why a Conqueror War was shitting since War has such a high DA rate impeding the OA3 on mythic.

You are correct its applied after QA/TA/DA.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-11-09 13:50:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Er yeah, what I meant, but it doesn't change the point; AM3 makes it so that double attack has a much, much smaller benefit because your baseline is a lot higher than 1 attack per round.
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-11-09 15:09:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I know we're DRKs here and we get called emo a lot but seriously .. just kill me now.
[+]
 Fenrir.Pertalee
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Pertalee 2018-11-09 16:32:27
Link | Quote | Reply

We can sacrifice you to the DRK gods!!!
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 155 156 157 ... 203 204 205