(Don't) Fear The Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » (Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
(Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 154 155 156 ... 203 204 205
By L0ki79 2018-10-30 17:32:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Any thoughts on prime DRK resolution set post WSD% calculation changes? For most things i prefer Torcleaver, but in zerg scenarios Reso tends to perform better.

Wondering if anyone has played around with sets adding in more WSD, or if same old af3/argosy +1 mix still wins out.
 Odin.Archaide
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Archaide
By Odin.Archaide 2018-10-30 18:23:30
Link | Quote | Reply

L0ki79 said: »
Any thoughts on prime DRK resolution set post WSD% calculation changes? For most things i prefer Torcleaver, but in zerg scenarios Reso tends to perform better.

Wondering if anyone has played around with sets adding in more WSD, or if same old af3/argosy +1 mix still wins out.

ItemSet 362651

I still use Caladbolg for AM3, my WS set is mostly WSD. Mantle is WSD. Fully buffed I consistently hit up to 50K, the odd 60k+ when DA procs.

ItemSet 362652

I kept Argosy head/hands, some people posting sets sets they only kept the hands and using Odyssean Head/Ishvara Ear.
[+]
By L0ki79 2018-10-31 06:12:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice. Thank you for the reply, i have been using this:

ItemSet 362493

Cape is DA 10%

This was yielding 30-40k's on say wave 3 boss, but figured I needed to make some adjustments post WSD changes. Probably in quite a few sets...

I played around with some sets early on just doing parse testing on apex with trusts and came up with the hyvrid wsd/multi above. But have questioned it ever since, since i had no real buffs for testing.
 Odin.Creaucent
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2018-10-31 11:37:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Archaide said: »
L0ki79 said: »

ItemSet 362651

I still use Caladbolg for AM3, my WS set is mostly WSD. Mantle is WSD. Fully buffed I consistently hit up to 50K, the odd 60k+ when DA procs.

ItemSet 362652

I kept Argosy head/hands, some people posting sets sets they only kept the hands and using Odyssean Head/Ishvara Ear.

Wouldn't Odyssean Gauntlets with str acc/att and WSD be better than Argosy?
 Sylph.Cherche
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2018-10-31 11:48:24
Link | Quote | Reply

If RNG is kind, probably.
[+]
By volkom 2018-10-31 12:03:56
Link | Quote | Reply

AF+3 gauntlets could also be an alternative too
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2018-10-31 12:38:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Neither Ratri+1 pieces come with acc or attack on them so your Reso won't be hitting for as high as it should be unless you are acc/att capped already without them.
[+]
 Asura.Sirtaint
Server: Asura
user: Taint
By Asura.Sirtaint 2018-10-31 12:54:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »
Neither Ratri+1 pieces come with acc or attack on them so your Reso won't be hitting for as high as it should be unless you are acc/att capped already without them.

Which is pretty likely is a high buff situation and is why it works.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-31 13:01:51
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »

May I ask - are these hands bugged, or do they need to remain equipped during the ws to gain the chainbound-skillchain effect? I've used them several dozen times and never saw the chainbound proc, so was wondering if they even worked.
 Asura.Mewwgoat
user: mewgoat
By Asura.Mewwgoat 2018-10-31 14:54:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

May I ask - are these hands bugged, or do they need to remain equipped during the ws to gain the chainbound-skillchain effect? I've used them several dozen times and never saw the chainbound proc, so was wondering if they even worked.
i dont think theres any animation to see, i just weapon bash and then immediately ws and get it
edit: went out to test it, still got it to work, just needed a small gap after weapon bash.
 Shiva.Humpo
Server: Shiva
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2018-10-31 16:30:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Mewwgoat said: »

i dont think theres any animation to see, i just weapon bash and then immediately ws and get it
edit: went out to test it, still got it to work, just needed a small gap after weapon bash.

Never saw an animation myself. But I do know Weapon Bash - Entropy = Fragmentation.
By L0ki79 2018-10-31 17:04:51
Link | Quote | Reply

So i would love to put some real testing to this. I went down today and did a timed parse on apex w/ trusts and the multi sets still seem to out perform the WSD% builds. This may very well be a lack of buffs, or rather x amount of needed buffs for WSD to out perform multi.

Does anyone have a solid stand alone parser? Something is not a plugin/addon for windower?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-31 17:07:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, 10% of 1k is only a hundred damage... you have to be putting up numbers to make (+%) matter.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-11-01 12:30:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Humpo said: »

Never saw an animation myself. But I do know Weapon Bash - Entropy = Fragmentation.

Maybe I'm WS too fast. Will try this again when I get home.

What is the consensus on Apoc now, Rank15? Is it still at the back of the pack, in the utility tool section of REMAs? How does it stack up against Raetic Scythe+1? I'm thinking of making a switch to Apoc from Raetic, which might just be an even exchange cost-wise on the base weapon. But it will allow me to pursue a different aeonic instead of Anguta this round.
 Asura.Sirtaint
By Asura.Sirtaint 2018-11-01 13:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Humpo said: »

Maybe I'm WS too fast. Will try this again when I get home.

What is the consensus on Apoc now, Rank15? Is it still at the back of the pack, in the utility tool section of REMAs? How does it stack up against Raetic Scythe+1? I'm thinking of making a switch to Apoc from Raetic, which might just be an even exchange cost-wise on the base weapon. But it will allow me to pursue a different aeonic instead of Anguta this round.

Mine is R14 but looking at it with quick math it is slightly worse than Anguta spamming Cross reaper. SC damage favors Cata, TP overflow+TP buffs (warcry) heavily favor Cross Reaper.

2.75*1.4*1.2 = 4.62

Cross Reaper with R15 Anguta FTP needs to be 3.9 to beat Cata with R15 Apoc. Assuming this WS set:

ItemSet 362699
Sub Brutal for Moonshade

1000tp FTP is 2.0
2000tp FTP is 4.0
(can anyone confirm that is before the second attack?)
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2018-11-02 00:07:39
Link | Quote | Reply

It's before the second attack.

1000 TP Cross Reaper with Anguta and Moonshade is ((4-2)*.75+2+1) 4.5 fTP w/o multi attacks or WSDMG taken into account.
 Asura.Sirtaint
By Asura.Sirtaint 2018-11-02 06:11:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Veikur said: »
It's before the second attack.

1000 TP Cross Reaper with Anguta and Moonshade is ((4-2)*.75+2+1) 4.5 fTP w/o multi attacks or WSDMG taken into account.

Thanks. So the better mods make Cross Reaper spam about 10% better than Cata spam.

The WSdmg change really boosted liberator.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2018-11-02 07:42:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Also has an additional chance at multi attacks that catastrophe doesn't have.

It's pretty nice for mythics in general. Liberator definitely won though. Insurgency was already pretty good, but even Rana isn't dumpster fire tier anymore.
 Asura.Sirtaint
By Asura.Sirtaint 2018-11-02 11:55:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Also has an additional chance at multi attacks that catastrophe doesn't have.

It's pretty nice for mythics in general. Liberator definitely won though. Insurgency was already pretty good, but even Rana isn't dumpster fire tier anymore.

The MA boils down to Fighters roll using standard CR sets. Apoc doens't need Moonshade so you can slide in STR/stp/da as needed.

TP overflow strongly favors CR with diminishing returns over 2k.

And Rana still looks like hot garbage to me, so does Koga.

Scythes got stronger in general but so did Resolution.
[+]
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2018-11-02 12:47:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Kogarasumaru Rana: 4.485 fTP, 2 MA slots, moonshade slot free, high multi attack.

Dojikiri Shoha: 3.2828125 - 4.05625 fTP, 2 MA slots.

Dojikiri Fudo: 5.25 - 8 fTP, 1 MA slot.

Masamune Fudo: 4.675 - 8.8 fTP, 1 MA slot.

It's aight.

Edit: Forgot Augmented Doji boosts Shoha.
By SimonSes 2018-11-02 12:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Worth to note that, while CATA only has one chance for multi attack proc, that multi attack is worth much more than those on Anguta with Cross Reaper. Because of bonus and augment each additional hit is equal to 1 * 1.4 * 1.2 = 1.68 fTP . JA haste from cata AM also can't be ignored. It's 6% faster swinging with LR down and Hasso up and if both are down because you are /nin or /drg for example, then it's almost 50% faster attacks during LR down.
[+]
 Asura.Sirtaint
By Asura.Sirtaint 2018-11-02 14:02:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Kogarasumaru Rana: 4.485 fTP, 2 MA slots, moonshade slot free, high multi attack.

Dojikiri Shoha: 2.984375 - 3.6875 fTP, 2 MA slots.

Dojikiri Fudo: 5.25 - 8 fTP, 1 MA slot.

Masamune Fudo: 4.675 - 8.8 fTP, 1 MA slot.

It's aight.

Good luck ever WSing at 1000tp with SAM though. Zanhasso builds are crazy effective. You also get the huge acc advantage with 1hit.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2018-11-06 20:20:27
Link | Quote | Reply

How has the weapon/weaponskill hierarchy shifted since the WSD bug/glitch/change has come about? Looking to invest in a heavy DD and DRK seems more engaging than WAR.
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
Server: Ragnarok
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2018-11-06 21:54:50
Link | Quote | Reply

How much HP buff can drain 3 give if used on pull/start of fight? So buffed with JA and stuff.
 Shiva.Humpo
Server: Shiva
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2018-11-07 05:53:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Lockfort said: »
How much HP buff can drain 3 give if used on pull/start of fight? So buffed with JA and stuff.

With DS/NV, i typically get to about ~2000-2500 on average or whatever math works out to be to put me around 4500~5000hp. My set is not complete either.

With an MB, capping out HP is fairly normal.

Without any if that... I don't cast it because I'll just end up crying tears of disappointment.
[+]
By Dagmar 2018-11-07 11:59:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
How has the weapon/weaponskill hierarchy shifted since the WSD bug/glitch/change has come about? Looking to invest in a heavy DD and DRK seems more engaging than WAR.

It's also cooler
By volkom 2018-11-07 12:50:58
Link | Quote | Reply

torcleaver!
First Page 2 3 ... 154 155 156 ... 203 204 205