(Don't) Fear The Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » (Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
(Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 113 114 115 ... 203 204 205
 Fenrir.Pertalee
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Pertalee 2017-01-27 17:06:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, you can put all of the augment gear on the job file itself; however when you go to play other jobs you will also have to put it in that file. Any update you do on augment gear will have to be on every file if that is the case.

If you use the additional file it is just name_globals.lua
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2017-01-28 13:55:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Pertalee said: »
-- DRK LUA.
http://pastebin.com/2XKEUUA9

-- Global File with Augment Gear
http://pastebin.com/qrcug0Cb

Awesome, adding this to resources.

edit: replaced where "Spellcast" would be with the Gearswap LUA and Global File that Pertalee provided.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2017-01-28 14:07:04
Link | Quote | Reply

As to answer the questions about Gearsets:
I'm going to resume with getting them ready to put up, but as a disclaimer, they may not be perfect. Some adjusting for the sets will still need to be done, and any Suggestions to any tweaks would highly be appreciated in this matter.
 Odin.Geriond
Server: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-01-28 15:35:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't know if anyone tested, but Erra Pendant is a straight +5% in the potency category for absorbs.

So, with Liberator and all of the armor enhancing potency/duration, we can get +92 for a stat for >5 minutes, longer than the recast of Nether Void and Dark Seal.
 Asura.Azagarth
Server: Asura
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-01-28 15:57:07
Link | Quote | Reply

When is it calculated? the description is different from other absorb gear so I wasnt sure. +92 is pretty damn big and if you dont need the HP boost turns lib into our highest acc weapon.
 Odin.Geriond
Server: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-01-28 16:00:11
Link | Quote | Reply

It's calculated in the same term as Pavor Gauntlets/Chuparossa Mantle (which is a separate step from Liberator's potency).

On strong monsters, I've been swapping to Liberator to do a Nether Void/Dark Seal absorb, and then swapping back to Ragnarok afterwards. Having +32 to a stat (the boost Liberator gives to a maxed out absorb) is worth losing your TP once every five minutes. It feels kind of sad to treat Liberator as a macro piece, though.
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-01-28 20:29:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I am having issue with my absorbs I realized my midcast set isnt procing.... any ideas?
 Asura.Bloodlusty
By Asura.Bloodlusty 2017-01-29 04:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Geriond said: »
On strong monsters, I've been swapping to Liberator to do a Nether Void/Dark Seal absorb, and then swapping back to Ragnarok afterwards. Having +32 to a stat (the boost Liberator gives to a maxed out absorb) is worth losing your TP once every five minutes. It feels kind of sad to treat Liberator as a macro piece, though.

This is how I use it also and why resolution can get such a boost in alliance zerg set ups. Highest I have had was 579 STR
[+]
 Asura.Bloodlusty
By Asura.Bloodlusty 2017-01-29 04:13:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azagarth said: »
When is it calculated? the description is different from other absorb gear so I wasnt sure. +92 is pretty damn big and if you dont need the HP boost turns lib into our highest acc weapon.

Better to use and further increase Rags utility, 89 STR on a high acc weapon in the key here
[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2017-01-29 11:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright, I have more gearsets to put up, but i'll have to resume this after work tonight

• High-End gear sets - DPS in the process of being edited
• High-End gear sets - Defensive in the process of being edited
• High-End gear sets - Magical in the process of being edited
[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2017-01-29 19:41:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Added several Gearsets to the High-end DPS sets

Many more to come once the info rolls in.

(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)
[+]
 Asura.Evildemon
By Asura.Evildemon 2017-01-29 21:53:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzacoatl said: »

Many more to come once the info rolls in

(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)

Looks great so far! Possible to get subtext for desired augments? Obviously the Reis gear is near impossible for preferred but good to gauge of when you get good vs complete crap augments.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2017-01-29 21:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Evildemon said: »

Many more to come once the info rolls in

(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)

Looks great so far! Possible to get subtext for desired augments? Obviously the Reis gear is near impossible for preferred but good to gauge of when you get good vs complete crap augments.
working on that as well.
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
Server: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2017-01-29 21:55:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright, I have more gearsets to put up, but i'll have to resume this after work tonight

• High-End gear sets - DPS in the process of being edited
• High-End gear sets - Defensive in the process of being edited
• High-End gear sets - Magical in the process of being edited
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2017-01-30 00:24:16
Link | Quote | Reply

High-End Magic Sets Complete!

May add some miscellaneous sets like an enfeebling build if I feel like it.

I have all the Melee sets I've gathered posted for now, contributions and suggestions are highly welcome.

(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)
By Lorax 2017-01-30 01:15:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I use Despair Hands, Gorney Legs, Odnowa Earringx2 Gold Moogle Belt for Spikes~ unless they are a no go anymore?
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2017-01-30 01:59:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Lorax said: »
I use Despair Hands, Gorney Legs, Odnowa Earringx2 Gold Moogle Belt for Spikes~ unless they are a no go anymore?
Gold Moogle Belt and Despair Hands can certainly work...the concern with earrings is, you have to be sure you're topped off on HP to get the full potency. Gorney Legs are Surpassed by Brontes.
 Bahamut.Ballzack
Server: Bahamut
user: Lorax
By Bahamut.Ballzack 2017-01-30 02:03:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Augment on Gorney are +60 hp and true about the earrings didnt occur to me, I also use the 4% campaign feet granted didnt think about Amm because I dont have a capped pair lol
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2017-01-30 02:09:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ballzack said: »
Augment on Gorney are +60 hp and true about the earrings didnt occur to me, I also use the 4% campaign feet granted didnt think about Amm because I dont have a capped pair lol
Oh. I didn't think there were augments for Coalition +1 gear. I'll have to consider that, then...
 Bahamut.Ballzack
Server: Bahamut
user: Lorax
By Bahamut.Ballzack 2017-01-30 02:14:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Also Erra Pendant~ seems like it would be ok to use over Incanter's, and dont know if you noticed you put a NQ Carmine for the Drain/Aspir set~
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2017-01-30 02:21:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, that's an Omen item. I should probably make subtext for that Pendant, because that won't be an item everyone will able to to acquire easily, much like the Niqmaddu Ring.

And yes, I'll have to fix that with Carmine.
 Asura.Thorva
user: Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2017-01-30 02:26:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Some of those sets look familiar.... Sorry haven't been updating sets on here when I update my lua.

Fixed dread spikes by the way. pretty sure that is max possible.
Fixed Drain/aspir
Made Absorb stat set 349219 (absorb tp would only change hands to reforge and and kishar ring to 2nd stikini)

HQ is obviously preferred but not always available.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-01-30 11:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

HQ FC set has Prolix Ring listed over Weatherspoon, which is 5% FC. I'm guessing not a lot of DRK use this ring so maybe that's why it was left off.

It also has Eschite Cuisses (5% FC) listed over Enif (8%). I'm guessing the latter exists because enif isn't ilvl, but it would be good to note that enif is BIS when it comes to FC.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2017-01-30 11:46:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
HQ FC set has Prolix Ring listed over Weatherspoon, which is 5% FC. I'm guessing not a lot of DRK use this ring so maybe that's why it was left off.

It also has Eschite Cuisses (5% FC) listed over Enif (8%). I'm guessing the latter exists because enif isn't ilvl, but it would be good to note that enif is BIS when it comes to FC.
Weatherspoon is an SoA ring, and I'm basically trying to be as general as possible when it comes to ring Options. I'll mention it in the subtext.

Totally forgot about Enif being 8%, too.
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2017-01-30 14:00:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Can we change the grip on the reso max? I think the new max reso set takes on the Omen Grip, Utu.

edit: this set will net more hp, hp% of mask will beat gav helm if you have 2,880 hp with mask on. (This set should give you about 2,835-2,850 depending on race, making this set higher hp if you have drain 2 or 3 up or if you are in escha)

neck
dualism +1 = bloodbead for hp
ItemSet 344218
By veddertehtaco 2017-02-01 18:50:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a shout out to ya'll for helping all us drk out and a major props to my boy Q for coming back and taking the time to redo the guide
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-02-01 19:34:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of HP+%, DRK can wear Llwyd's clogs. Amm Greaves are a bit tougher to beat, but they'll win out above 3125 HP.
[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2017-02-01 19:37:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Speaking of HP+%, DRK can wear Llwyd's clogs. Amm Greaves are a bit tougher to beat, but they'll win out above 3125 HP.
gotcha, i'll add that to the subtext.

edit: added
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2017-02-01 20:21:08
Link | Quote | Reply

veddertehtaco said: »
Just a shout out to ya'll for helping all us drk out and a major props to my boy Q for coming back and taking the time to redo the guide

I like to pretend I contribute outside being an ***.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2017-02-01 20:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Thorva said: »
veddertehtaco said: »

I like to pretend I contribute outside being an ***.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 113 114 115 ... 203 204 205