Carbuncle - Classic Nyzul/Assault Burn?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Carbuncle » Carbuncle - Classic Nyzul/Assault Burn?
Carbuncle - Classic Nyzul/Assault Burn?
 Carbuncle.Chibiclone
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Chibiclone 2012-11-13 04:35:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Greetings Carbuncle.
Anyone interested in burning through classic Nyzul 1-100 and/or Assaults from the beginning, and not saving their tags for Neo-Nyzul?
I only played for a few months back during the days of AU and was only around lvl60 so I never got to do any of them.

For various reasons I'd like to get through them at some point, and have always been holding my breath hoping SE would wise up and remove the 3 character minimum (but that's not looking very likely).
Between the 2 I think Nyzul 1-100 would be more useful for potential Mythic WSs.
Dunno how many floors it's possible to burn through in a single 30 min run these days, anyone done it and know... is it possible to get 1-100 with just a few tags (assuming you don't get a lot of crappy lamp floors that are a pain for lowman)?

I only play on Saturdays and Sundays so you'd still be able to use tags during the week for Neo-Nyzul if that's an issue (personally I don't Neo-Nyzul yet so I'm willing to burn 4 at a time if so desired).
I dualbox with 2 toons, so really just need 1 more person to tear things up (another dualbox would make things even faster).
Main has: DRG/DRK/NIN/THF/DNC
Mule has: BLU/BLM/WHM/WAR(Gimptastic)/RDM(totally ungeared and retired at 91)

Any interest hit me up here or ingame on weekends on Chibiclone.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2012-11-13 04:51:27
Link | Quote | Reply

10 tags is a fair goal I think for 1-100 with 3 people. There's a few anecdotes/bits of info here.

2 self sufficient "DD" should be enough to clear the floors. Our group had me on DNC/NIN, THF/NIN and WHM. We'd split up on Kill floors/Lamp floors to hunt out whatever we were killing.

I'd go solo and played offensively (Saber Dance wherever possible, Haste Samba always, cast Ni shadows instead of Ichi whenever it was an option - pretty much always in Nyzul, etc). I don't have Twashtar, so I was spamming Exenterator with a somewhat gimpy Exenterator set.

The THF and WHM would go together and then we'd meet up when we'd finished everything on "our side". If it was a "Kill 1 mob" floor, then me and the THF would head off while we could move fastest, leaving the WHM at rune to take us up.

Took us about 15 tags or so, had a lot of bad luck on the last 10 floors (usually failing at Floor 98-99), so we did 2 5-floor runs instead.
 Carbuncle.Chibiclone
By Carbuncle.Chibiclone 2012-11-13 05:07:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the input, that's what I was kinda thinking, I'd likely go DRG/Whatever since it's my highest damage and definitely self sufficient, and 2nd such DD would make any kill floors nice and smooth... my mule could go whatever (probably BLU) and even hangout at the rune on floors not needed. The only killer like you and others have stated would be lamp floors.
 Hades.Tripster
Server: Hades
user: Lisamarie
By Hades.Tripster 2012-11-13 07:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

2 DDs and one person/mule staying in the rune is how it should be done. Can aim for 10 floors per tag (will most likely reach the 10th floor with 5 minutes remaining), but with lucky floors could do 15.

I personally think BST is the better option for old Nyzul. Falcor breezes through mobs and Frogs/Soulflyers can still be a danger and kill you with their magic. Also, when it's family, you could just let Falcor kill a mob while you search for the next one. 3xBSTs could easily aim for 15 floors per run, if not 20 per run (although I never done that, I'm just assuming).

As stated before, DNC is also a good option, with self skillchains and cures.
 Bismarck.Phetty
Server: Bismarck
user: Phetty
By Bismarck.Phetty 2012-11-13 07:23:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Blue Mage should be able to breeze right though mobs. Plus you might pick up Tourbillion, or other hnm spells.
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
user: Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2012-11-13 07:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

You could aim for 20 floors a tag. With 5 ppl we could of went for 25 floors with 1 tag but it wasnt needed because we could of had to use an extra tag anyways to get our friend to 100. With 3 ppl, 15 floors is a reasonable goal if the 3rd person you get knows what hes doing.
 Carbuncle.Chibiclone
By Carbuncle.Chibiclone 2012-11-14 07:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

15 floors on 1 tag would be great, 4 tags at a time = be done in only 2 weekends. Now just need some hits on people who need/want to get it done.
 Asura.Malekith
Server: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2012-11-14 07:47:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Use embrava before they nerf it... put the sch at the rune and just let the DD's go to work and you'll easily clear atleast 15 flrs/ tag if not more.
By Yottaxa 2012-11-15 07:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi there. I too am looking to get floors 1-100 so I can unlock my weaponskill. I play as (99)WAR(/DNC). I have travel out of town this weekend so I will have limited availability. If I can get some time I will try to log in though. I am on a lot during the week and should be able to start next weekend at the latest. Reply here or send me a /tell in game to Yottaxa (Carbuncle).
 Carbuncle.Radashar
user: Radashar
By Carbuncle.Radashar 2012-11-15 20:26:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd love to finish off all of the Assaults. I think I am sitting around 26/50 or so completions for Captain. ( I ranked up almost exclusively on Nyzul) Hit me up sometime if I am on.
 Carbuncle.Broman
user: phenter
By Carbuncle.Broman 2012-11-15 21:23:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Can hit me up for assaults as well I'm sitting at like 0/50^^ Would like to get captain before the next salvage update or at least pretty close.