Looking For "Old" Nyzul Group.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Leviathan » Looking for "Old" Nyzul group.
Looking for "Old" Nyzul group.
 Leviathan.Arturious
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Arturious 2012-10-25 01:32:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been stuck @ floor 21 for a while now.
My top priority is getting this done.
Looking for a late night group for after 10pm est.

I'd be willing to start over at floor 1 if people are serious and want finish all the way through to floor 100.
Would like to have a full six person team so we can possibly do 10 floors per tag.

Please let me know if anyone has a group going or is willing to team up and start, thanks.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2012-10-25 02:05:38
Link | Quote | Reply

If it helps, I've just done the same thing (Floor 5 - 100). As THF/DNC/WHM, we covered 10 floors with ease, assuming we didn't get jipped on a floor. My DNC wasn't anything special (fresh to 99 gear, using R Harness, Alcide's Feet, generally a mash up of "non-optimal" gear). THF and WHM didn't swap gear, but used 4/5~5/5 AF3+2.
 Leviathan.Arturious
By Leviathan.Arturious 2012-10-25 02:33:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said: »
If it helps, I've just done the same thing (Floor 5 - 100). As THF/DNC/WHM, we covered 10 floors with ease, assuming we didn't get jipped on a floor. My DNC wasn't anything special (fresh to 99 gear, using R Harness, Alcide's Feet, generally a mash up of "non-optimal" gear). THF and WHM didn't swap gear, but used 4/5~5/5 AF3+2.

Thanks, that is a little reassuring.
A couple days ago I joined a pick up group who were shouting for it.
We were going for a ten floor clear and made it through 7 with about 5 mins left. Killing everything was cake but, we ran into an issue with lamps. They had to be done in a specific order (with 5 people) and we just couldn't communicate well enough I guess.

Things got testy and we failed and everyone got mad and left without even trying again. Lamps are really the only thing that worry me.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2012-10-25 02:58:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Lamps were usually the only thing that set us back. Usually we'd get 4 lamps, so it'd be a bit of playing around to get to.

When we first started, it'd be ~7-8 floors at the 5min warning, but I didn't want to risk a bad kill-all floor taking more than that. The only time we had any trouble was 90-100, for some reason we just couldn't get past 98 without timing out ><

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Siccmade
By Sylph.Siccmade 2012-10-25 03:21:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Josiahfk said: »
Sylph.Hitetsu said: »
Lamps were usually the only thing that set us back. Usually we'd get 4 lamps, so it'd be a bit of playing around to get to.
ugh same. I'd go in with 2 mules and get a 5 lamp floor twice in one run

3 people entering should never get 5 lamp floors come on SE lol but gl OP
Haha yeah, I've been 2 box'n with a pal to get my WHM to 100 and yeah... Tackling multiple lamps w/ my 2 characters has been downright comical at times. Get an order set and then forget which Taru hit what and in which order... Good times.
 Leviathan.Arturious
By Leviathan.Arturious 2012-10-25 12:24:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the input guys. No responses yet.
I'll probably just start shouting for it every few days till I get it done.
I've tried getting LS mates who need it as well but it's like pulling teeth with them.
It is funny having people with empy weapons and still missing weapon skills. Just can't pull them away from abyssea and VW. >.>
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2012-10-25 12:28:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Arturious said: »
Thanks for the input guys. No responses yet. I'll probably just start shouting for it every few days till I get it done. I've tried getting LS mates who need it as well but it's like pulling teeth with them. It is funny having people with empy weapons and still missing weapon skills. Just can't pull them away from abyssea and VW. >.>

I've been half-assedly looking on Siren. too bad we're on different servers. ; ;
 Leviathan.Arturious
By Leviathan.Arturious 2012-10-25 23:28:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah too bad.
Only got one person so far.
Still have 4 spots left if anyone interested.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2012-10-26 00:13:58
Link | Quote | Reply

My advice is to just do 5 floors at a time once you get 3 people.
Have a mage sit at the lamp and just have 2 people DD with /dnc.

I 3box and do dnc smn smn (1 smn stays at lamp) and friend comes bst or nin, its braindead easy doing 5 floors and then exiting.

Its not an aggressive way to climb floors but you can do a 5 floor run in like 15mins and its pretty much impossible to lose even with 2 order lamp floors and a floor with flayer/custard.
20 days with easy wins doing 5 at a time, vs 10 days trying to stretch for 10 floors and getting screwed sometimes, take your pick.
 Cerberus.Wulfgarson
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wulfgarson 2012-10-26 00:27:19
Link | Quote | Reply

agreed @ 5 floors then exit. the group i was part of cleared our runs like this, and was able to help people get their wins this way. we would also use the extra time we had to farm weapons and lol??? items too. GL Op.
 Leviathan.Ruvion
user: ruvion
By Leviathan.Ruvion 2012-10-26 14:48:11
Link | Quote | Reply

How much after 10pm are you looking to start the climb? I have a mule whm I wouldn't mind doing the climb for.
 Leviathan.Arturious
By Leviathan.Arturious 2012-10-26 22:05:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
My advice is to just do 5 floors at a time once you get 3 people.
Have a mage sit at the lamp and just have 2 people DD with /dnc.

I 3box and do dnc smn smn (1 smn stays at lamp) and friend comes bst or nin, its braindead easy doing 5 floors and then exiting.

Its not an aggressive way to climb floors but you can do a 5 floor run in like 15mins and its pretty much impossible to lose even with 2 order lamp floors and a floor with flayer/custard.
20 days with easy wins doing 5 at a time, vs 10 days trying to stretch for 10 floors and getting screwed sometimes, take your pick.

I'd definitely rather do that, seems less stressful.
Only thing I worry about is a floor where lamps have to be activated simultaneously.

Leviathan.Ruvion said: »
How much after 10pm are you looking to start the climb? I have a mule whm I wouldn't mind doing the climb for.

Well the LS I'm in does Empy runs till around 10ish, maybe a little later.
So between 10-11pm start time. Definitely no later.
 Leviathan.Arturious
By Leviathan.Arturious 2012-10-28 11:18:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Did a small run last night with three people. Not everyone was at same floors. We have three spots left. Next run will be tuesday or wednesday @ floor 26.