Lmao XD
[+]
 Hades.Tripster
Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Lisamarie
By Hades.Tripster 2012-10-30 07:16:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I posted 2 already, before I remembered my nemesis...

I don't know how many hours of my life I spent camping this NM. And when it popped, someone always got claim. And the times I got the claim, he never dropped.
It was only a few months into Abyssea that I stumbled upon him and guess what... he dropped Sirocco Kukri. :( So many bad memories from this.
[+]
By Gameesh 2012-10-30 07:19:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Tripster said: »
I posted 2 already, before I remembered my nemesis...

I don't know how many hours of my life I spent camping this NM. And when it popped, someone always got claim. And the times I got the claim, he never dropped.
It was only a few months into Abyssea that I stumbled upon him and guess what... he dropped Sirocco Kukri. :( So many bad memories from this.

What I like about this thread already is reading about everyone's nightmare stories about a lot of NM's I never even heard about, like this one.
Hope you eventually got your drop though, dude :/
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Upbeat
Server: Odin
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2012-10-30 07:33:33
Link | Quote | Reply

1/45 for my first club.
16~38 hour respawn.. Soo many days of disappointment and shall shells -_- I ended up spending my entire summer down in the labyrinth, I didn't want to leave the zone till I got my club.

The day I finally saw it drop in the pool was EASILY one of my favorite/most memorable days out of my entire FFXI career.
[+]
 Fenrir.Magi
Server: Fenrir
user: Magitek
By Fenrir.Magi 2012-10-30 07:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Sozu Fagberry, camped him for months until I got my THF's knife. Gave it to a friend as a "quiting the game" gift when it was worth millions XD. Came back to the game and it was worth 100k! Jaggedy-Eared Jackass never put out a Rabbit Charm either, think it's time to slay some level 10 bunnies...
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-10-30 07:41:46
Link | Quote | Reply

KV......

I still don't have a helm. I might go back for it one day just because of the hours spent.

Cactus kiting.

Free kiting.

Face kiting.

GM kiting.

*** KV.
[+]
 Siren.Shinshi
Server: Siren
user: Shinshi
By Siren.Shinshi 2012-10-30 07:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Sozu effing Sarberry!!! >.< Never dropped a Hocho!

<.< Also Celaeno, cuz she dun drop either :(
[+]
 Seraph.Jacaut
Server: Seraph
user: Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2012-10-30 07:55:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Any and all VW's since im still bodyless? lol
[+]
By Gameesh 2012-10-30 08:15:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh lol I forgot about this jolly fellow:

Not because I actually needed the drop, but because it consistently decided to agro and kill me during a whole week when I only tried to learn Battery Charge. Seriously, I have 7 deaths thanks to him. I did get the spell on the 7th day, but then got a random Ominous weapon agro; engaged it annnnd voilá there be Shiki again =_=
Why are NM's never camped when they might bother me? XD
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-10-30 08:16:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Jacaut said: »
Any and all VW's since im still bodyless? lol

I think it was put as (H)NM instead of HNM to say "HNM or NM" etc etc etc
[+]
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2012-10-30 08:28:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Lack of sleep!
[+]
 Siren.Leocon
user: Leocon
By Siren.Leocon 2012-10-30 08:39:13
Link | Quote | Reply

New-era NM for me would be Shinryu... I still don't have Twilight Mail or Helm, two of the last pieces of gear on my current check list. Like so many others, I'm just having horrible luck with drops heh.

As for old-school NMs, it's a toss up between Leaping Lizzy and Jaggedy-eared Jack. I've still yet to get a drop from either one after 8 years playing this game.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
Server: Carbuncle
user: analgesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2012-10-30 08:45:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Tunga, Tunga, and Tunga
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Wasteland
Server: Sylph
user: Wasteland
By Sylph.Wasteland 2012-10-30 08:46:59
Link | Quote | Reply

And always thought HNM = Hyper Notorious Monster as in it rages after a certain period of time.
[+]
 Seraph.Jacaut
Server: Seraph
user: Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2012-10-30 09:03:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Josiahfk said: »
I always explained it as Hyper NM to newb friends that asked. Rare NM that acted differently or were much harder than normal NM and gave titles.

so genbu/byakko/suzaku/seiryu never gave titles but the cockatrice in garlage did, odd of SE

yeah just read the wiki found hard hyper high honorific heavy . . . so i must have been on crack! but it floats my boat so i roll with it.

Only hated cause he would pop when i was on my 60 thf/rng and by the time i got back on rdm/nin he was claimed or dead... IF i did get claim he never dropped =/
[+]
 Odin.Calipso
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2012-10-30 09:03:45
Link | Quote | Reply

HNMS were out for quite a period of time before they added in the rage timer thing. (GG people holding faf/etc for hours to push them into different time zones).

It has a lot of different meanings depending where you look, most people say either High, Hyper, or Honorable.

BG - "Hnm"

I didn't even think to add what a pain some of my trial NMs were. Do those count? Had quite a few take 6-7+ hours to pop :(
[+]
By Gameesh 2012-10-30 09:08:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Calipso said:

I didn't even think to add what a pain some of my trial NMs were. Do those count? Had quite a few take 6-7+ hours to pop :(

Any NM in any shape or form can be raged on in this thread, so yes they count =)
[+]
 Phoenix.Lxion
Server: Phoenix
user: Lxion
By Phoenix.Lxion 2012-10-30 09:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I hated Aspid because of where he pops. I loved KB fight, even if the two PLD who did get D-Ring either ran off with it, or quit (the latter was a good dude though, became a doctor!!) Niddy is cool with me because he gave me N:Legs and E:Body as well as A:Body.

Sandworm... *** sandworm. How about getting HQ SW on a day where you were so unfortunate that you had to attempt to low-man it? Haha.. memories.

New-era, Buttkiss. That guy needs to be lit on fire.
[+]
 Siren.Eclipstic
user: eclipstic
By Siren.Eclipstic 2012-10-30 09:49:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Morbolger. 24 hour spawn... claim fail day after day
[+]
 Bismarck.Franzrobot
Server: Bismarck
user: Quantum
By Bismarck.Franzrobot 2012-10-30 09:58:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Gulool Ja Ja... 2 weeks camping a guy to start a quest I will never be able to finish
[+]
 Cerberus.Thore
Server: Cerberus
user: thore147
By Cerberus.Thore 2012-10-30 10:04:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd say Guivre, (the dragon in Kuftal Tunnel), would always show up when you were exping back in the day, or sneak up behind you when soloing or something...
[+]
By Gameesh 2012-10-30 10:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Thore said: »
I'd say Guivre, (the dragon in Kuftal Tunnel), would always show up when you were exping back in the day, or sneak up behind you when soloing or something...

Gah bad memories ><;
One of those NM's that doesn't drop anything worth killing, agro's AND is pretty strong. Put there deliberatily to screw xp parties over, or act like a giant barricade for unsuspecting travellers going to Cape Terrigan the first time.
[+]
 Odin.Registry
user: R3G1STRY
By Odin.Registry 2012-10-30 10:30:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sawtelle said: »

Oh ***, you got me rolling in the middle of class reading through that thread again.
[+]
 Cerberus.Taint
Server: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-10-30 10:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
KV......

I still don't have a helm. I might go back for it one day just because of the hours spent.

Cactus kiting.

Free kiting.

Face kiting.

GM kiting.

*** KV.

^ This!

I spent over 9 months camping that *** back in 06 or 07.
[+]
 Kujata.Daus
Server: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2012-10-30 11:01:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Im an old world girl..If Charby constitutes as an HNM then he was a right B@#$@. I told myself camping him that I'd never stay up all night for another monster ever again.

HNMs to me are the classic Behemoth/KB, Nidhogg, Aspid, Tiamat etc. I hated HNM camping, it was the worst part of my endgame life..I couldn't see worth crap against the lag and I didn't bot and I hated waiting and I hated listening to other people hate on other people or get pissed when they didn't get the ridill and they deserved it more..hated them all.

We fought Gulool JaJa, Medusa (well I was absent for this one for some reason, I was very sad) and Gurfurlur(SP)? sometime after nyzul weapons were released..The troll battle was hella fun..for one thing he was already popped and we didn't have to wait, secondly we werent doing it for anything other than titles and lastly nobody was camping on top of us. That was alot of fun to die to at the time.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11