Fairy.Azulmagia
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-06-03 06:03:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Kyaaadaa said:
Krebons said:
eh, i wont be going, be damned if i have to do 75 levels of soloing blm and the 64 on bst im currently at, damn bunnies ; ;

It'll be pre-aht urghan again tho, so BLM in pts :DDDD

(Ifishforgil) {Fishing} Neo-Colibri X {Invite to join party} {Magic} {No thanks.}
 Valefor.Sketchkat
Server: Valefor
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2009-06-03 06:20:11
Link | Quote | Reply

A character transfer would be stupid. These are two completely different games, after all. The whole point of a new game is to start from scratch.

Even though I quit FFXI for good a while back, I might give XIV a shot, at least for a little while. It'll be nice to play while there's still a feeling of adventure..god knows that doesn't exist in XI anymore.

Since it'll be at least a year after its release before XIV is ruined by the hyper-nerds who never sleep/shower/work/log off, there should be some fun to be had for a few months.
 Valefor.Superangell
By Valefor.Superangell 2009-06-03 07:17:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Florian said:
Well in terms of RMT, making FFXIV a PS3 exclusive means that RMT will be greatly reduced because RMT are using crappy PCs just to run FFXI and it will cost them way too much money to buy PS3s and since its for PC too the new high end graphics will put a damper on RMT too because they will have to upgrade all of there current PCs that will ultimately hurt RMT which is good! just a thought on anti-RMT

Also regarding the progress of the game i think they might actually make the 2010 release date because its usually months-years before a trailer gets released in English cause its always JP only first, and this was the first ever release of information/trailer and it was in English! also the official website debuted with 4 dif languages so its a good sign :)

rmts using crappy computers. how do u figure that out. you dont know what their using. rmts wont reduce unless its gone permemntly. and the game comes out to the states at the same time
 Cerberus.Toabea
Server: Cerberus
user: Toabea
By Cerberus.Toabea 2009-06-03 07:33:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Allowing a character transfer would just be stupid, and anyone hoping for this kind of feature is either stupid or seeks dissapointment. It would basically make everyone a level 75 noob on the game for one, aswell as removing the challenging factor of the game... Plus it would totally take the fun out of the game, as said before, new game is for starting from scratch and I totally agree with this. The urge to cancel my FFXI Account now and save 180€ is kinda tempting... As for the 2 expansions left to come out fr FFXI, Tell you what I'm not buying...lol.
 Unicorn.Taino
Server: Unicorn
user: Aubain
By Unicorn.Taino 2009-06-03 07:57:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Well FFXI, soon as FFXIV is out next year, i'm gone!
 Siren.Facet
Server: Siren
user: Facet
By Siren.Facet 2009-06-03 08:33:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Seeing as how there are 9 pages of this thread already, and I don't have time to read it all, I just want to say that I'm totally stoked they decided to use the existing player races available in ffxi. Don't know about you guys, but after 5 years of playing this game, I'd be a bit at odds with not seeing a bunch of tarus or galkas running around.

100% in once this becomes available.
[+]
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2009-06-03 09:24:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Allowing character transfer with jobs etc would be stupid yes. But to many people including me just find forgetting our current character a little hard to swallow lol.

I just think SE need to do something to its current loyal members to give them the incentive to switch over, as we are the target audience and the ones that they should aim to please.
 Fairy.Bruser
user: gorteg3
By Fairy.Bruser 2009-06-03 09:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lots of pages, was wondering, anyone notice the small kid next to the sitting mithra? The kid has two horns.
 Lakshmi.Antonios
Server: Lakshmi
user: jokstr
By Lakshmi.Antonios 2009-06-03 09:30:02
Link | Quote | Reply

it will be sad to start all over, but the game looks amazing as *** i really can not wait to start playing it
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-03 09:44:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know that they decided to use the races exactly... Look at the large humanoid characters. I don't see a tail on them. >.> The Mithra/"Catgirl" characters seem have a slight change to them as well, but a change to the better imo. =)
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-06-03 09:45:09
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I see they tried not to make Mithra look like prostitutes in armor again. They had pants and real armor.
 Alexander.Reuran
Server: Alexander
user: Reuran
By Alexander.Reuran 2009-06-03 09:48:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to start anything but I just watched the trailer and was that the flood infection form and a Galka using a bubble shield =p.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-06-03 09:49:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
Hello, I was just reading through the FF14 topic and noticed there's not any sites with everything on yet. I just found this one by accident, and it's got everything. I searched on Google and couldn't find anything, so maybe this will help people:

http://www.thefinalfantasy14.com/ Hope it helps!

Moved here instead of making 2 threads >.>
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-06-03 09:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Reuran said:
Not to start anything but I just watched the trailer and was that the flood infection form and a Galka using a bubble shield =p.

"RAOGRIMM! What are you doing?!"
"Sir. Finishing this fight."
*cue halo music*
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-06-03 09:51:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Alyria said:
Wooooodum said:
Hello, I was just reading through the FF14 topic and noticed there's not any sites with everything on yet. I just found this one by accident, and it's got everything. I searched on Google and couldn't find anything, so maybe this will help people:

Well people won't sift through nine Pages of discussion to try and find a link. Better it has it's own topic since it's the only FF14 site online atm. :p
 Asura.Hatheron
Server: Asura
user: Hatheron
By Asura.Hatheron 2009-06-03 09:53:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to get too deep into it all, since all we have to go on is this one teaser trailer. But, I think it is obvious that the world of FFXIV takes place in Vana'diel, albeit in another time far removed from the events of FFXI. There is no telling how the story will play out, but by the look of the character designs, it's got Hume/Galka/Mithra/Taru/Elvaan written all over it.

Just my two gils.
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-06-03 09:53:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
Alyria said:
Wooooodum said:

Well people won't sift through nine Pages of discussion to try and find a link. Better it has it's own topic since it's the only FF14 site online atm. :p

SE has an official site up. :o http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-06-03 09:53:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
Alyria said:
Wooooodum said:

I can add it to the OP's post :P

{Added to OP post :) } ^^ Thank you Woooddddyyyyyyyy
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-03 09:54:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
Alyria said:
Wooooodum said:

What about this one? http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-06-03 09:55:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
Wooooodum said:
Alyria said:
Wooooodum said:

What about this one? http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/

Official sites don't really count. They update about once every 12 months. I bet that site will update more often than that.

That'd be good Aly, I literally spent about an hour looking for a site that had it all on like this and found that by mis-typing an URL, lol.
 Hades.Arcadian
Server: Hades
user: Arcadian
By Hades.Arcadian 2009-06-03 10:01:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Hatheron said:
Not to get too deep into it all, since all we have to go on is this one teaser trailer. But, I think it is obvious that the world of FFXIV takes place in Vana'diel, albeit in another time far removed from the events of FFXI. There is no telling how the story will play out, but by the look of the character designs, it's got Hume/Galka/Mithra/Taru/Elvaan written all over it.

Just my two gils.

Well, FFTA and FFXII has the same races and both took place in Ivalice, although the two stories had nothing in common (I haven't played the sequels, though, so I may be wrong.) The website just posted said that it would take place in Vana'diel. Is there any citation on that? I'd imagine that anything left to Vana'diel would be included in FFXI.

I don't really want Vana'diel, I don't think. It'd be interesting, sure, but I'd like to see a new adventure in new lands. The technology seems very different, too.
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-06-03 10:05:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh...if it IS in the same world, there are plenty of areas not explored in XI. Ever see a true vana'diel world map? Albeit THEN it would make no sense not to tranfer your character...so I hope it's not the same world.
 Valefor.Superangell
By Valefor.Superangell 2009-06-03 10:08:14
Link | Quote | Reply

it is the same world just as we all thought it would go. since we play in the present and we play in the past only place to go is the future.
 Fairy.Bruser
user: gorteg3
By Fairy.Bruser 2009-06-03 10:10:56
Link | Quote | Reply

in the vid, it said the world was called...umm at work so I don't remeber the spelling.

Eoria or something
 Shiva.Jimmyjazz
Server: Shiva
user: Jimmyjazz
By Shiva.Jimmyjazz 2009-06-03 10:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Superangell said:
it is the same world just as we all thought it would go. since we play in the present and we play in the past only place to go is the future.

Future Vanadiel would be pretty kick ***. Fighting enemies similar to XI gods or jailers in ruins of Sandy, Windurst or Bastok [Yes, please.] Perhaps that is where SE finally plans on using the unexplored continents in XI?

Excitement!
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-06-03 10:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

tbh, vana'diel wouldn't make sense. Final Fantasy has never used the same name for a world if I recall in two games. I digress. It's over 18 months away. D:
Edit: in two MAIN NUMBERED games. X-2 doesn't count. I mean VI didn't have the same name as VII or VIII, etc.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-06-03 10:17:52
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.thefinalfantasy14.com/image.php?img=/images/ff14_collage.png

Looks to me like Vana'diel. I can see a couple Mithras, a Taru, a Galka to the right of the crystal thing, some Elvaan and a lot of Hume. If it's not set in Vana'diel it's sure using the same races.
 Asura.Hatheron
Server: Asura
user: Hatheron
By Asura.Hatheron 2009-06-03 10:20:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I imagine it as a time in Vana'diel thousands of years after the events in FFXI. With that, technology can change, history can be forgotten, goddess's renamed, galka reproduction evolved, male mithra less-endangered, land reworked by nature, oceans dried up, deserts flooded, magic evolved, jobs lost, and so on...

But, the fact is, I clearly see a Galka, a Mithra and an Elvaan in that trailer. SE may say it's not Vana'diel. That may be true, but that doesn't mean it not the same Vana'diel changed by time.
 Odin.Ravax
Server: Odin
user: Ravax
By Odin.Ravax 2009-06-03 10:28:13
Link | Quote | Reply

My thoughts so far.

Honestly I don't know if I'd switch over or try it while keeping my hand in FFXI. I don't think I'm going to comment on this until we get a little more information.

The things we know are that FFXIV will be online and the developers of FFXI have stated that the plan to continue releasing expansions for FFXI.

Even if FFXIV will be an MMO, I don't think it will offer the same experience of FFXI. Doing so would be a mistake. Since they obviously plan to profit off both titles, they'll have to give players reason to play both of them. If they were just going to amp up FFXI and put it out on PC as a replacement MMO, they wouldn't plan to put out expansions for FFXI.

I think we shouldn't be putting too much emphasis on our assumptions. SE has SOMETHING in mind. If they've proven anything, it's that they know how to market.
 Valefor.Superangell
By Valefor.Superangell 2009-06-03 10:29:33
Link | Quote | Reply

final never use the same race but humes in every game. and ezrona isnt the place it was talking about as far as we know, it seems it was talking about the boss or monsters. like when cop came out they said its called emptiness
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 18 19 20