FF14
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-08-19 08:32:55
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are saying the graphics don't look good, then you sir need to be slapped. D:<
I'm still waiting for a battle scene, though.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-19 08:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
*squees~ like a little girl*
Live Stream: http://tv.esl.eu/de/esltv_stream/stream/55-flv-free

Not in engrish.

Football? wth?
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
Server: Diabolos
user: Caesar
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2009-08-19 08:38:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Live stream, we must have missed it. I saw nothing but futbol as well ; ;

And what are we comparing it to graphically to say it doesn't look great? For an MMO, it clearly looks better than anything on the market. By a long shot.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-08-19 08:38:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
Haseyo said:
*squees~ like a little girl*
Live Stream: http://tv.esl.eu/de/esltv_stream/stream/55-flv-free

Not in engrish.

Football? wth?

I think it's from -
Start: Today, 19/08/09 10:50
End: Today, 19/08/09 17:50

For the XIV stuffs.
I got this from another forum so I don't know, hehe ^^;.
 Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Kunimitsu
By Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu 2009-08-19 08:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Chupacabra
Server: Diabolos
user: Caesar
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2009-08-19 08:51:03
Link | Quote | Reply

You sir, are a life-saver. Thank you Kunimitsu. I don't understand what they are trying to do to that little bunny though...

Mmmm Dodos.
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-08-19 09:03:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Notice the 4/6 and 5/6 thing pop up when the dodos died? Looks like quests will actually pop things up to help show your progress.
 Gilgamesh.Fayt
user: Fayyt
By Gilgamesh.Fayt 2009-08-19 09:04:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Very Nice!!! ^_^
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-08-19 09:13:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:

I think it's from -
Start: Today, 19/08/09 10:50
End: Today, 19/08/09 17:50

For the XIV stuffs.
I got this from another forum so I don't know, hehe ^^;.

I do believe this is in CET (that's not a typo. Central European Time). They're a bit ahead of us, but there should be a couple hours left.

I get nothing when I try to play the stream.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-08-19 09:17:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Going to need a towel for this...
Ahhhhhhh....
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-19 09:35:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Definitely think I missed something with that streaming thing...
 Cerberus.Boundsoul
Server: Cerberus
user: Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2009-08-19 14:21:04
Link | Quote | Reply

watched that character animation trailer thing. all i gotta say is RIP galkas, your successors have made you legends. Roegadyn looks HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE as hell. SE just ensured they'll lose my $15 a month when FFXI is finished unless they allow alot of creation customization
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-08-19 14:22:29
Link | Quote | Reply

They look fine to me.
Not sure what you people were expecting.
 Cerberus.Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2009-08-19 14:33:49
Link | Quote | Reply

not to go comic geek or anything, but more like Beast and less like the hulk. they just look like a hume on steroids now.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-08-19 14:37:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Well look at the new Mithra - all races look a bit more humanoid now, not beastly.
 Sylph.Izey
Server: Sylph
user: Izey
By Sylph.Izey 2009-08-19 14:46:24
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I saw from the guy fighting the Dodo's or w/e... gameplay still seem about the same... hit me I hit you.... I hope they fix that.... or just that theres alot more to fighting system than in FFXI, atleast for the melees.... auto-swining till you have TP or till a JA is ready kinda boring after a while.... (Anyone have any details on the fighting, toss me a reply please).
 Cerberus.Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2009-08-19 15:02:23
Link | Quote | Reply

i know, the only ones that look beastly now is the Lalafell. i don't like it. i mean hume is hume, and the elvaan still look like dumb elvaan but taru, galka, and mithra got the ugly stick
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2009-08-20 00:47:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Only graphical complaint(s) I see as justified (And even then, not really as it's an Alpha build) is 1.) Foliage draw distance. (A tree can bee seen phasing in from practically nowhere. SpeedTree even would be a better solution to render lower detail at long distance) and 2.) Mild clipping. But a game Without clipping issues is like a person who never has to take a ***. Sure, it'd be nice, but are we having realistic demands? On an unrelated note, that appears to be the area right outside Limsa Lominsa.

As for the combat, I couldn't tell because I can't read the German text log, there's no info on possibly any filters on, and the like. It doesn't seem like FFXI at all from the low-resolution videos. The only attacks I see being made look more like Weapon skills than anything else, but maybe I just can't see the differentiations with such low quality.

Right now my Main concern is environmental. That Area looks amazingly expansive, but I wonder just how much of it is available for exploration. It doesn't seem to be _AS_ bad in terms of getting cockblocked by ankle high rocks as in FFXI, but all that green just begs expansive seamless worlds. (Not sure how the PS3 and possibly the 360 would handle cell buffering to allow that, the 360 can barely handle besieged as it is, but that's probably more of an issue from being ported).
 Carbuncle.Deadlymidget
Server: Carbuncle
user:
By Carbuncle.Deadlymidget 2009-08-20 00:50:47
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like they incorperated FoV into this game....
Krizz said:
Notice the 4/6 and 5/6 thing pop up when the dodos died? Looks like quests will actually pop things up to help show your progress.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2009-08-20 01:02:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Spiderpig said:
>Square have confirmed that in order to gain abilities in their newly announced MMORPG "Final Fantasy XIV" players will gain abilities available to their class by equipping items and using them for a large duration of time similar to Final Fantasy IX's AP Growth system.

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2009/06/final-fantasy-xiv-qa/

little late but still:
Win.

Final Fantasy IX (From a gameplay standpoint) was my favorite. I'm a balance *** though. Materia and GF were so easy to break, and also pretty limiting at the same time (Pre Master Materia set)

My question though, is Are there still "Class Levels" (Obviously I don't think anyone here can answer this yet) and more importantly, how similar to the AP system is this? When you learn new abilities, they become available even without the weapon equipped, Do you have to use Ability stones (Like in IX) and set your classes abilities (Allows for a lot more personalized classes between people of the same type). Personally I hope for as close to IX's level system as Possible. Class Levels: HP/MP Base attributes increase, Ability points increase. Abilities learned on weapons/Armor (Job-specific abilities/spells tied to weapon 'general' tied to armors and apparel). It's a fairly intuitive system that allows a lot of potential.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-08-20 01:48:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank god for FFXIV. Even harder to tell whether tarus/lalafell are tiny citizens or just fat babies running around now. <3
 Ramuh.Thunderz
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-08-20 12:01:10
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxivcore.com/

Some info
and
a Interview

dunno if it was posted

but there
 Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu
user: Kunimitsu
By Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu 2009-08-20 14:05:37
Link | Quote | Reply

found this quite interesting

Quote:
How will the story be told? Powerful story is an essential part of the FF-series, and as far as the producers have said it will be important in XIV as well.

Yes the story is defiantly very important for FF14. We will have high quality cutscenes with voiceovers and fx, please look forward to it.

There will also be voiceovers on mostly every character/npc in the game.

Can you give more specific details about what things can we customize in character creation? I mean things like body size, how many faces will there be available?

Unfortunately we cannot show you the character creation screen yet, but you will be able to change things such as your ears, eyes, hair color, shape of your face. There will be lots of variety.

One thing to note is that FFXI used its own system, this time Final Fantasy XIV is going to be seamless. No zoning! Just like in World of Warcraft.

characters have voices, and proper cs :) and more char customisation.

edit: Taken from ffxivcores interview with Hiromichi Tanaka.
 Fairy.Seriin
Server: Fairy
user: Seriin
By Fairy.Seriin 2009-08-20 14:39:40
Link | Quote | Reply

"Just like in World of Warcraft."

Great.. there goes my hope that they were making they're own game and not just copying. Sure now he's talking about the lack of zoning, but one detail leads to another to another.

WoW isn't popular because it is better, it is popular because it had been advertised very very heavily. Just like VHS.
 Shiva.Drteeth
Server: Shiva
user: Drteeth
By Shiva.Drteeth 2009-08-20 15:25:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriin said:

Great.. there goes my hope that they were making they're own game and not just copying. Sure now he's talking about the lack of zoning, but one detail leads to another to another.

WoW isn't popular because it is better, it is popular because it had been advertised very very heavily. Just like VHS.

All they said in regards to WoW is there is no zoning. OMG IT'S A CLONE! C'mon.

Edit: Just because they took an aspect from one game (much like many many other games do), doesn't mean it will take a lot of influence from it. They already said they're not focusing on PVP, the graphics don't look like an 8-year-old kid drew them with a crayon then threw up on them, and the class system seems to open up a lot of customization options. You can't say FFXIV is going to be a WoW copy based on one (miniscule) thing they took from it.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-20 21:57:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Aye, look at the videos here, aside from the fact that every body controlling the characters seems to have no *** clue what they're doing, it's already looking pretty sweet, and they're not even close to being ready for beta testing either judging by the interview in the second last video:

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/final-fantasy-xiv-online/11432
 Fairy.Seriin
Server: Fairy
user: Seriin
By Fairy.Seriin 2009-08-21 02:44:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Drteeth said:
Seriin said:

All they said in regards to WoW is there is no zoning. OMG IT'S A CLONE! C'mon.

Edit: Just because they took an aspect from one game (much like many many other games do), doesn't mean it will take a lot of influence from it. They already said they're not focusing on PVP, the graphics don't look like an 8-year-old kid drew them with a crayon then threw up on them, and the class system seems to open up a lot of customization options. You can't say FFXIV is going to be a WoW copy based on one (miniscule) thing they took from it.

Fair enough, but you misinterpreted what I was saying. I wasn't trying to cry OMG like some kid, I was simply saying that they've taken one idea so far and it could lead to more. I make a note of this instead of saying nothing because he mentioned it being "just like WoW" instead of saying "unlike in the current game" meaning that the dev team is looking at WoW and trying to siphon ideas from the money fame and money wow brings in.

Granted, I'm looking into this far too much, but by maintaining a pessimistic view of this game from now until release I'll have gathered very little hype. No hype, no disappointment.

You're right, lol, and I should stop posting so late without really thinking about what in the hell I'm trying to get across.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-21 03:45:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Even though you crossed all that out, I'll comment anyway. It's really not a bad thing that they're borrowing ideas from other games. As long as they don't just rip everything off completely it's all good, and I'm pretty sure they won't.

There are plenty of reasons that WoW is the more popular game other than just their advertising, but there are also plenty of reasons why a lot of people prefer FFXI. So and so forth, etc. etc. etc.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2009-08-21 04:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
Even though you crossed all that out, I'll comment anyway. It's really not a bad thing that they're borrowing ideas from other games. As long as they don't just rip everything off completely it's all good, and I'm pretty sure they won't.

There are plenty of reasons that WoW is the more popular game other than just their advertising, but there are also plenty of reasons why a lot of people prefer FFXI. So and so forth, etc. etc. etc.

Regional distribution is one of the main reasons why WoW is more'Popular" than FFXI (And every other MMORPG), China alone is 25% of their player base.

@Seriin> You're right, Maintain a pessimistic view, but don't try to bring other people down (They'll do that to themselves when FFXIV doesn't crap gold bricks out of the TV/Monitor). High hopes, but low expectation is the name of the game. If you really want to see a WoW clone, look at Guild Wars 2, Coming out around the same time is FFXIV and has ripped off WoW down to even the shitty texture work.
 Kujata.Segaia
Server: Kujata
user: Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2009-08-21 04:59:23
Link | Quote | Reply

We are getting a lot known things back aswell.. like Red Lotus Blade shown in the vid. But there will also be new spells and abilities. From the magic-vid the little Lalafel tried to cast a spell but the warrior was too fast and killed the enemy before he started to cast.

From the shortcutbar you can see the name of the spell "Dunkelheit" when he hovers over the button which in english translates to "Darkness". Welcome to the world of dark-based nukes. *^.^*

At all, (as already mentioned) shown was an old alpha build and the developers clearly stated that the current version is far ahead from this. Besides.... even if you say u wont play ffxiv.... c'mon, noone believes you ;P
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20