Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Draugo 2021-04-14 15:27:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Nitenichi said: »
SimonSes said: »
mhomho said: »
So it's decided then? Yagyu Darkblade is the best offhand. Sure, you might get more damage from others, I don't know, but, free shadows for everyone is insane.

Afaik we still dont know if it has Utsusemi enmity multiplied by number of people giving shadows. Its the most important thing about this katana, because that alone push NIN to being competitive tank and best enmity tank in the game. AoE shadows alone are great, but not game breaking. That enmity multiplier would be tho.

Also, as long as this katana is behind bonanza wall, it ultimately doesnt really *** matter.

It matters to me, I will do the testing and report back. Again I truly didn't think people would care since these forums tend to be a bit salty. At any rate, picked up a fudo and it is ready to roll. I tried to match some tanking options from Logical and Buuki, didnt see anything updated. Plus Langly and Capuchin work hard at these guides, which is the least I can do.

If you're still on levi I have a ghetto 6 box party to attempt some tests with, I can help ya out with it if you would like.
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2021-04-14 16:31:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I appreciate the nod, but I've dropped support for the guide in this thread, I put a note at the top of the guide about it. Was a good 8 years tho.

FFXIAH doesn't update items quickly enough (Look at the last time the items were updated). I get tired of waiting. So I won't support the guide.

I definitely look forward to your test. And look forward to the day I can farm one of these Darkblades myself! :D
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2021-04-14 16:34:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Just want to say something in regard to how "worthless" party wide shadow sharing may be.

Utsusemi still block damage of various types, still reduces overall damage received by the party, for free, no mp, no downtime for mages, better than blink, literally zero extra effort, by ninja or party. That is something of note.

Nite, what is the range of it?
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-04-14 17:39:11
Link | Quote | Reply

It matters to me, I will do the testing and report back. Again I truly didn't think people would care since these forums tend to be a bit salty. At any rate, picked up a fudo and it is ready to roll. I tried to match some tanking options from Logical and Buuki, didnt see anything updated. Plus Langly and Capuchin work hard at these guides, which is the least I can do.

You misunderstood. It matters a lot what this katana actually do. It completely doesnt matter tho (for 99.999999% playerbase), how competitive it is against other options, because its locked behind *** bonanza, so none can realistically get it.

Also no idea how you figured out we wouldnt care about testing it, when there was like huge discussion about it (in nin and bonanza threads) on the first day they shown it.
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2021-04-14 17:50:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Langly said: »
I appreciate the nod, but I've dropped support for the guide in this thread, I put a note at the top of the guide about it. Was a good 8 years tho.

FFXIAH doesn't update items quickly enough (Look at the last time the items were updated). I get tired of waiting. So I won't support the guide.

I definitely look forward to your test. And look forward to the day I can farm one of these Darkblades myself! :D

Input then. :} It's not overlooked basically is what I was getting at.
[+]
 Asura.Friedrik
Server: Asura
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2021-04-14 17:50:47
Link | Quote | Reply

You misunderstood. It matters a lot what this katana actually do. It completely doesnt matter tho (for 99.999999% playerbase), how competitive it is against other options, because its locked behind *** bonanza, so none can realistically get it.

Also no idea how you figured out we wouldnt care about testing it, when there was like huge discussion about it (in nin and bonanza threads) on the first day they shown it.

Why are you riding the *** of probably the only person who will be able (and is already willing) to get you the information you want?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-04-14 17:51:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Can I ask why people keep linking Fudo into this katana discussion? Are you trying to test if the attack bonus is applied to others when they gain the shadows, and then assume the same works for enmity? I'm confused about this inclusion. I keep hearing people talk about the shadow enmity effect from Fudo but that is not really what people care about because that's not what we expect to get multiplied. IDK, I think that test is kind of a misunderstanding of how Fudo C works

Things we want to know (some answered);

Can this work in offhand (yes)

What is the range of utsusemi on party

How many shadows do they get, do gear bonuses work (1,2,3 respectively, no bonus from gear)

What's the duration of shadows on party members

Can you overwrite shadows with the same tier or higher

*****Does the YONIN BONUS for enmity generated from shadows get multiplied by the number of players it hits (this is the most important one) similar to liement with epeolatry?

You would likely need to perform some hate decay test to see if it's liement-level AOE hate or the same as a single utsusemi spell
[+]
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2021-04-14 17:57:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
Just want to say something in regard to how "worthless" party wide shadow sharing may be.

Utsusemi still block damage of various types, still reduces overall damage received by the party, for free, no mp, no downtime for mages, better than blink, literally zero extra effort, by ninja or party. That is something of note.

10 Yalms
[+]
 Leviathan.Stamos
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2021-04-14 17:57:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Duration on shadows on party members is 16-17 minutes.
[+]
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2021-04-14 18:00:50
Link | Quote | Reply

It's based on what you cast: Ichi 1 Ni 2 San 3. That's all they get, equipment doesn't matter.
[+]
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2021-04-14 18:03:05
Link | Quote | Reply

They overwrite on the party members as well. One shadow from ichi was overwritten by two shadows from ni, and two shadows from ni overwritten by three shadows from san
[+]
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2021-04-14 18:09:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

*****Does the YONIN BONUS for enmity generated from shadows get multiplied by the number of players it hits (this is the most important one) similar to liement with epeolatry?

You would likely need to perform some hate decay test to see if it's liement-level AOE hate or the same as a single utsusemi spell

Please list out merits applicable since I would need to change out mine below:

Subtle Blow Effect
Suiton Effect
Sange
Ninja Tool Expertise
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-04-14 18:17:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think merits are relevant to your tests.

I'm not an expert on testing enmity. Maybe ask Martel or Simon exactly what you could do.

Think you could single cast utsusemi with yonin while facing a monster you have claimed. Then have someone cast cure on you. And then see how long it takes for the monster to turn his attention away from you.

Repeat test with yagyu while hitting someone with utsusemi spells. Repeat for 2, 3, 4, 5 extra party members

That should give you an idea of the yonin enmity bonus is affecting extra shadows created or not.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-04-14 19:00:55
Link | Quote | Reply

The simplest test is to make party with SCH. Sleep unclaimed mob with naked SCH. That should give you 201CE and 300VE. Wait several seconds. On naked NIN/WHM use cure I on full HP SCH to put yourself on mob hate list. Then turn on Yonin and cast Utsusemi.

Wait 10+ second and use Libra on SCH. Libra should show something like NIN having 100% enmity and SCH like 96% (assuming both SCH and NIN dont have enmity merits and you casted Utsusemi just after using Yonin, so it got +30 enmity bonus).

Do the same (with another mob and with fresh Yonin), but with Darkblade, so SCH will get hit with utsusemi. If multiplier work, then Libra will show NIN having 100% enmity and SCH below 50%.

EDIT: Keep in mind its really important to claim mob on SCH with sleep. Because otherwise SCH wont get 200CE for first action taken on monster.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2021-04-14 22:50:29
Link | Quote | Reply

10 yalms is a pretty damn substantial range, TY.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2021-04-15 05:03:13
Link | Quote | Reply

sure do hope it could be more available in future content, and not just a bonanza rarity.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2021-04-15 06:22:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Just party? Not Alliance?
By Foxfire 2021-04-15 07:40:16
Link | Quote | Reply

i mean, have area of effect things ever targeted a full alliance?

accession on self is still party only, for example.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-04-15 09:18:30
Link | Quote | Reply

10 Yalms
Is 10 yalms the radius (i.e. total 20) or is 10 yalms the total range? (i.e. radius of 5)

I assume you meant 10 yalms is the radius, but I wanted to make sure.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-04-15 14:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

sure do hope it could be more available in future content, and not just a bonanza rarity.

TVR reward option, please look forward to it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2021-04-15 16:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

The simplest test is to make party with SCH. Sleep unclaimed mob with naked SCH. That should give you 201CE and 300VE. Wait several seconds. On naked NIN/WHM use cure I on full HP SCH to put yourself on mob hate list. Then turn on Yonin and cast Utsusemi.

Wait 10+ second and use Libra on SCH. Libra should show something like NIN having 100% enmity and SCH like 96% (assuming both SCH and NIN dont have enmity merits and you casted Utsusemi just after using Yonin, so it got +30 enmity bonus).

Do the same (with another mob and with fresh Yonin), but with Darkblade, so SCH will get hit with utsusemi. If multiplier work, then Libra will show NIN having 100% enmity and SCH below 50%.

EDIT: Keep in mind its really important to claim mob on SCH with sleep. Because otherwise SCH wont get 200CE for first action taken on monster.

[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-04-15 16:17:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Well now everyone is going to flip out about this super useless thing that no one can have.

Ah mai gawd sew gud eye wood yous et awl teh tiem nihnga stronjes tenk
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2021-04-15 16:20:31
Link | Quote | Reply

The negativity is real
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-04-15 16:24:14
Link | Quote | Reply

It's just the disingenuous irritation.

All these people who you couldn't pay to use ninja suddenly about to be so upset.

If you won it, it would sit in your moghouse because nin is lower dps than every other job. So don't flip out you can't have it.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2021-04-15 16:43:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Think most people are just curious since it's a new extremely rare item and would like to know how it works.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-04-15 16:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply

They want to know so they can determine the level of fauxpissed off they should be since they can't have it.

1-10, 10 being pitchforks, the correct answer is zero.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2021-04-15 16:54:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
They want to know so they can determine the level of fauxpissed off they should be since they can't have it.

1-10, 10 being pitchforks, the correct answer is zero.
Shut the *** up you *** ***. Go back to botting gil for a bunch of punk *** Gil buyers. You're the only one coming across as jelly and fauxpissed about it. Everyone else is just curious about how it works, quit shitting up every *** topic with your nonsense.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-04-15 17:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

First Page 2 3 ... 218 219 220 ... 253 254 255