New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » The Sealed Dagger: A Ninja Guide
The Sealed Dagger: A Ninja Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 134 135 136 ... 253 254 255
By Boshi 2018-12-02 01:58:53
Link | Quote | Reply

also usually the NMs where u don't want to SC usually a weapon with a massive white dmg upside means more risk of healing, on those usually (non sc) ws dmg is the best bet

(thinker kin worm)
 Asura.Sirtaint
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Taint
By Asura.Sirtaint 2018-12-02 10:18:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I know we are beating this horse pretty good but what about when Zerk is down?

On DRK when LR is down R15 Apoc pulls ahead. So you use both Cala/lib with LR up and Apoc with LR down. (AM caps haste)

The other scenario would be swapping subs /run/thf Maybe to put the AM to use and add additional damage like runes or even SATA? Ten and metsu both align wel with SA.

Obvious not capping att is a huge deal with the new neck but it’s worth considering.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-12-02 11:23:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Veikur said: »
For shits and giggles, how does the tpbonus Hitaki do?

Edit: as an offhand weapon.

I started to make one for blade chi but couldn't bare the missing. I'll wait until ambuscade weapons have TP bonus+250 and test it then.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-12-02 15:00:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Boshi said: »
also usually the NMs where u don't want to SC usually a weapon with a massive white dmg upside means more risk of healing, on those usually (non sc) ws dmg is the best bet

(thinker kin worm)

I assume what you mean is stuff that heals when you hit it with any physical attacks during a certain window (like your Thinker Worm examples). And in that case, you're not wrong... but in those situations I don't even particularly like NINJA thanks to all of the inadvertent auto-attack, regardless of weapon. But yeah, Empy AM3 does add some more risk to something like Thinker (I say this as someone who has definitely killed my party in spectacular fashion with Empy RNG by unleashing a ranged attack just after Pain Sync and getting AM3+Double Shot+Crits on both shots)...

If it's a "don't SC" mechanic (like a Maju or Glazemane), you just don't want to use a WS that skillchains with other WS in the party. Could go Ten>Ten for any NIN weapon, Shun>Shun for non-Heishi, or pick whatever works with your other members in a mixed party. In this case, more white damage is a plus.

Kin (or Rani, etc.) are different altogether, since they absorb physical or magical depending on situation. For something like Kin, SC really isn't an issue if everyone only uses WS right when it casts a spell (since you're all going at once, no SC). Inadvertent auto-attack melee damage is relevant, but honestly not THAT big of a deal if you're using a stronger white damage weapon. You'll heal it sometimes (during TP moves where you don't turn), but you'll also do more white damage during the vast majority of the fight when it isn't absorbing, which kinda evens things out.

Asura.Sirtaint said: »
I know we are beating this horse pretty good but what about when Zerk is down?

Berserk up/down alone is pretty irrelevant. It's just a matter of whether you are pDIF capped due to target and ALL sources of attack buffs/defense debuffs: GEO/BRD/COR, Dia, JAs like Berserk/Warcry, food, gear, Relic AM, etc.

You wouldn't make Berserk up/down sets, though you might consider swaps for attack capped or uncapped. Hard to predict exactly how close you are to capping to build a single "uncapped" set, but a general sense of whether or not you're hitting cap would inform your choices for a particular situation. For instance, whether to offhand Fudo Masamune or not (one consideration, acc/racc is obviously another), whether you need additional attack buffs or can let the supports do something else with their limited bubbles/songs/rolls, whether Berserk is even worth using (if it isn't helping you, don't use it and get the defense penalty), etc.

But yeah, obviously when you're already attack capped that affects some things weapon-wise. Kikoku AM and base Atk become useless, Empy AM is still fully effective, Shun TP scaling becomes irrelevant, etc.
By Boshi 2018-12-02 15:21:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Accidental SC on Kin matter if the dd don't suck
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-12-02 15:33:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Boshi said: »
Accidental SC on Kin matter if the dd don't suck

Fine, but it's still best avoided. And healing a little more from white damage also doesn't matter, both for your reason (who cares if the DD don't suck) and because you're nullifying any extra TP phase healing anyway by doing more white damage during the 90% of the fight that Kin isn't using a TP move.

Just doesn't seem like a super relevant concern in general.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2018-12-02 19:01:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Plugged TPBonus Hitaki into the spreadsheet. Preeeetty stupid if you have the buffs to support it.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-02 21:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Dancers say the same thing but it just really isn't practical. I guess if you get ALL the buffs. and nothing can dispel you, run with it.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2018-12-02 22:20:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Spreadsheet has it winning at 76% accuracy (SV Mad/Mad/HM on WoC) when put up against everything else.

That's kinda fun.

EDIT: 1000 TPBonus seems to barely overtake Fudo Masamune at ~47% accuracy. No SV, Mad/Mad/HM against 1500 Eva target.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-12-02 22:36:46
Link | Quote | Reply

That is kind of interesting. I look forward to 119 ToM after Empyrean+2/3 comes out.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-02 22:40:36
Link | Quote | Reply

<main hand only> Please look forward to it.

"fixed a bug where the original level 99 tpbonus weapons worked in the sub weapon slot"
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-12-03 01:25:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Change of topic!
Anybody bothered to make some tests about Magic/Hybrid WS gearing?
What is the threshold where mab gear is better than Fotia in the Neck/Waist slot?

And Hizamaru/Mochizuki (WSD) better than non-DM Herc in the leg slot?

Hachiya+3 (WSD) vs Mochizuki+3 in the head slot?

Last but not least: what are you using Machi Earring +1 for? Looks okaysh for a Metsu/Shun Acc set? At least when you can't exploit Lugra and/or if you want to save inventory space.
 Carbuncle.Lunatone
Server: Carbuncle
user: lunamars
By Carbuncle.Lunatone 2018-12-03 11:20:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I always use double Mache+1 for metsu and shun then nighttime is switched to Lugra+1/Mache+1.

Also I think in my acc set I'm using atleast 1 if not both but I think it's both.

Also if you ever just feel like screwing around w/ blade jin, theyre pretty cool too.

I would assume hza/mochi are better in the leg slots because of all the attack they give you(if chi works like I probably misread it works) and you can just fit mab somewhere else.

I would say mochi still wins even if you had DEX/INT/STR10 30/30mab/macc and 4% WSD depending on your buffs. We get alot of mab from other slots but idk I only use Metsu anyway

edit: On heads I still use mochi over hachiya but I'm also using wsd 10 on body and hands so I'm lacking alot in the mab department
[+]
 Asura.Sirtaint
By Asura.Sirtaint 2018-12-03 11:59:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Rank 25 neck does not seem to be calculating correctly.

It should be a direct 10% pdif add at capped
Attack.

It only seems to be adding a few hundred to WSs when it should be a true 10%.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-03 12:12:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats not how it works?

400 damage to a 28k blade:ten
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2018-12-03 13:06:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sirtaint said: »
Rank 25 neck does not seem to be calculating correctly.

It should be a direct 10% pdif add at capped
Attack. (Technically bear cap)

It only seems to be adding a few hundred to WSs when it should be a true 10%.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Physical_Damage_Limit

I'm going off of the first clause as that is how I've seen it discussed in other threads, and is how it's implemented in the sheet.
 Asura.Sirtaint
By Asura.Sirtaint 2018-12-03 13:15:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Its 1.1 but only above the cap.

3.25 cap becomes 3.575. 2.96 would be the floor for the bonus (2.96 x 1.1 = 3.256) A pDIF below that would see no bonus.

A quick test using Yoichi with rank25 SAM neck confirms this.

1126 without neck (naked besides 24str) 1238 with neck. (comes with 25 str)
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-12-03 13:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

It's multiplied not added. All of the tests reflected this. Any discussion about it not working that way was speculative. It should be a straight up 10% damage increase at capped attack.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2018-12-03 13:45:19
Link | Quote | Reply

So are you saying that the bonus to damage is always present, and only 'seen' when your pDIF is nearing its specific cap? Or that it's only present when actually near your weapons respective pDIF cap?

Edit: And it affects the ranged portion as well? Dang that's nice. I had never known~
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-12-03 13:46:36
Link | Quote | Reply

it raises the cap, if you can’t go over the current cap it doesn’t do anything
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2018-12-03 13:48:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
it raises the cap, if you can’t go over the current cap it doesn’t do anything

Understood now thank you. I never saw the posts that concluded that, kind of exciting for me. :)

Edit:
The linked sheet should now reflect correct PDL dmg increase. If you see anything screwy with the data sheet please let me know. My eyes are bound to glaze over an incorrect cell reference every now and again.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-12-03 19:07:52
Link | Quote | Reply

looks like you just added 0.1 instead of multiplying by 1.1

crits are also (3.25 * 1.1) + 1, not 4.25 * 1.1
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2018-12-03 19:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I have the crit/non-crit caps currently at:

Data!B77 and B78
Crit Cap: =3.25*B74+1
Non-C Cap: =3.25*B74
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-12-03 19:29:51
Link | Quote | Reply

the link at: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8u4mlly3z9dn1wg/DPS%20Calculator%20-%20Ninja%20WSDMG.xlsx

shows 0.1 on B74 and just adds as far as i can see.
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2018-12-03 19:37:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
the link at: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8u4mlly3z9dn1wg/DPS%20Calculator%20-%20Ninja%20WSDMG.xlsx

shows 0.1 on B74 and just adds as far as i can see.

Bah! Dropbox has refused to connect for the last day or so.

I've updated the files and the links to the latest. My apologies.

It can be found here.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-12-03 19:47:10
Link | Quote | Reply

i don't have a way to view excel documents properly, but at least the caps with neck look right
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2018-12-09 23:21:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm seeing really bad numbers on Metsu when fully buffed. Averaging like 12k. My gear isn't perfect, but it also isn't so bad I'd expect these numbers. Any idea what could be wrong?

ItemSet 363662

Kikoku is only rank 10
Neck is only rank 17
Cape is dex+30 acc/atk wsd
All hercs are 15 dex 4% wsd with minimal amounts of acc/attack(like 10~15 of each)

Seems close to BIS. Why are my numbers so bad? Spreadsheet makes it seem like I should be doing ~20k not 12k.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-09 23:28:08
Link | Quote | Reply

What is your version of "fully buffed". and what mobs.

20k+ is Fury Frail Chaos Dia4 And Minuets against "not dienamis mobs" where GEO is nerfed depending on target.
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2018-12-09 23:41:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Attack capped(from mins and idris-fury), capped enhancing boost dex, idris frailty, dia2+Lightshot.

mobs were omen trash, kin, omen mid bosses, dynamis wave 1 and 2 mobs, and AA galka. Damage was pretty consistently averaging 12k.

I'm fairly sure GS was changing correctly, and these are all situations I'd be averaging a lot higher on sam/war/drk/thf
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-09 23:47:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Even before the augment and bad gear you'd be doing more than that so money is on gs malfunction

and/or Geo fails. They're too common.

(funny story, current sheet says a regular 99 kikoku will still do 15k with "full buffs" so probably something up there)

P.S new front page art looks cool, neato
First Page 2 3 ... 134 135 136 ... 253 254 255