A Scholar's Education (Guide)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » A Scholar's Education (Guide)
A Scholar's Education (Guide)
First Page 2 3 ... 75 76 77 ... 99 100 101
By Chimerawizard 2019-09-18 21:46:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Dekar said: »
Precast question: can you get the benefit from a piece of gear with fast cast and another with Grimoire Spellcasting time for the same spell? I'm looking at the lua I have and I'm a little unsure of this.
are you asking if you can you wear 2 hats in a precast set? no.

are you asking if base*(1-arts)*(1-FC) works? pretty sure, yes.
ItemSet 368629
+Malignance Earring
FC+80
QC+10(overcap)
Arts+15(overcap)
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2019-09-19 08:04:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I would vote to swap out Clerisy for Malginance earring. In the chance you're in your Akademos for awhile, you might get that sweet sweet myrkr TP. It's come in handy a few times.

Annnnd the ear was added.
 Bismarck.Batton
Server: Bismarck
user: BattonBiz
By Bismarck.Batton 2019-09-19 08:38:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally haven't bothered with Grimoire Spellcasting Time just for simplification / needing another FC set when casting Aquaveil/Blink/etc during Dark Arts(as an example). Grab Merlinic Head/Body/Feet +FC Augments if you can, I think there's a bonus chance to get personal drops this month for those fights as well(?)
 Asura.Korgull
Server: Asura
user: Korgull
By Asura.Korgull 2019-09-19 08:51:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Elizabet's SCH lua has a function to swap in both grimoire pieces when the corresponding Art is active. If your lua is base on Mote's, you can also add that rule to midcast.
Edit: This is my current precast on grimoire.
ItemSet 368317
Total: 70% FC + 15% /RDM = 85 (Overcap)
Merlinic FC is 6% (not capped).
 Asura.Focaubiont
By Asura.Focaubiont 2019-09-19 14:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

So quick question, I'd read somewhere that magic damage does more for helixes than magic attack bonus. I wanted to test so I went up to Reisen to kill Sang Buaya a few times.
All other gear being the same,
I used:
Jhakari (+2 head, +2 hands, +2 body, +1 legs, +1 feet)
Merlinic/Amalric (+10% magic burst dmg on head/body/legs/feet)
Malliquis (+1 all)

Jhkari bursted for 4198
Merlinic bursted for 4483
Malliquis bursted for 5233

After I finished testing all my accessories I got my MB up to 7207.
Has anyone else done any testing with Malliquis+2?
What have been you helix findings?
By FaeQueenCory 2019-09-19 17:44:54
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not so much "does more", it's that Helixes are similar to low level nukes in that their dINT is easily capped.
More to that point, the highest base damage from that is very small, again like T1+2s.

So Mdmg is very good for them. However, MBB and MAB aren't any less potent than they are for every other nuke. MBB+40% will always be a +40% hard multiplier on a magic burst. MAB+40 will always be a soft multiplier of 1.4x.

Just judging from your examples, it looks like there's no malaise action. That would skew things hard in the favor of Amalric/Merlinic, as that pushes any MAB into a more full multiplier than otherwise. (Which is why the helix set in the OP has capped MBB and lots of MAB.)

That all being said, Mallquis pieces are all pretty good for Helixes and T1+2s. You should still try to cap MBB and have as much MAB as you can though. Mallquis is just a very good starting point.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2019-09-27 21:36:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Hi.

I have a couple of basic SCH questions:

1. Whats the current helix duration cap? And kaustra duration?

2. Does the kaustra DoT breaks 9999 cap?

3. Does kaustra and helix stacks?

Thanks in advanca

Just answering my own question 1, probably 296 secs or 29 tocks or cap of 289.971 dmg dealt over the course of 6 mins.

Base + Dark Arts (168s) + Job points (60s) = 228s
Argute Stole +2 maxed: +10%
Bookworm Cape maxed: +20%
Total 228 * 1,3 = 296,4 so most likely 296s or 29 tocks
By linkbean 2019-10-04 23:34:26
Link | Quote | Reply

What should your gear progression be looking like when you hit 99 and it's your first 99? All the builds I ever find for my friend are super endgame and we're not close to that at all and her damage seems so for the full ambuscade set that she's got. Any tips or anything?
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
Server: Cerberus
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2019-10-04 23:54:10
Link | Quote | Reply

In no specific order:

work on getting Akademos, almalric,merlininc and chironich gear. SCH can solo magic burst, set up magic bursts and or heal the group for all of the fights required to get it. That is the bulk of your major damage / fast cast / utility gear.

You'll also want an enhancing duration augmented set of telchine. That, combined with a couple other key pieces gives you the sexy long regen/storm etc. spells.

after that, it gets kinda min/maxxy.
By Chimerawizard 2019-10-05 01:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

what CerberusMrkillface said.

also
start omen card farming as soon as he can.
Vanya head & feet for an early cure set.
ambu: already mentioned jhakri, but the mallquis body is good for a DT set.
the grip is also great, especially once finished.

there's a ton of mostly solo content like quests for AF, missions to finish rhapsodies, & relic farming.

spam HTBFs and hkcnms for chapters to reforge the stuff. while doing so, try to get some trinkets.
HTBF: Daybreak, malignance earring, Mizukage-no-Kubikazari, lebeche ring, Freke ring, sacro cord.

when the opportunity arises, consider some of these.
Unity: assiduity pants +1, fi follet cape +1, gelatinous ring +1, loricate torque +1, Mephitas's ring &+1, shinjutsu-no-obi +1.

other random stuff. just going to name a few or maybe a lot...
zi'tah: psycloth lappas path C: 80MP, 15mACC, & 7FC.
mendicant's earring, sapience orb.
ru'aun: baetyl pendant, evanescence ring, rahab ring.
Reisenjima: pemphredo tathlum, luminary sash.
vagary: etiolation earring
befouled crown (mostly just idle for sch)
delve: artsieq hose path C: ...forget, PDT-5.
fucho-no-obi, Bolelabunga, chaac belt, andoaa earring.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2019-10-15 05:41:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Aiming to have a SCH Guide out for new players sometime tomorrow.

Anything you'd like new players to the job to know before it gets rendered? I can check back here before I do and see if I've missed something.
[+]
 Asura.Traumanovia
user: Karuma
By Asura.Traumanovia 2019-10-15 09:46:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Make sure they understand the strength of the klimaform empy boots, the benefits of getting their regen potency boosted with a good telchine set, and how to abuse aurorastorm 2 when curing.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2019-10-15 10:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Also Stratagem management, maybe using examples/scenarios for it

Helix duration/potency stuff
By aegonvii 2019-10-15 12:29:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Helix mechanics (cap, I not overwriting II, INT for Kaustra) would be nice. TP party vs. MB party setup, solo capability. Embrava mechanics.
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-10-15 12:49:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
Anything you'd like new players to the job to know before it gets rendered? I can check back here before I do and see if I've missed something.

Always finish SC with a T1 helix to extends the MB window allowing you to burst T5 and T4 on the same SC comfortably.

I see a lot of ppl closing with t1 nukes and it hurts my soul, don't hurt Liz's soul, I dont want to gear DRK.

These are the one I use most of the times:
Code
T1
Scission:		Fire		> Geohelix
Reverberation:	Stone		> Hydrohelix
Detonation:		Thunder		> Anemohelix
Liquefaction:	Thunder		> Pyrohelix
Induration:		Water		> Cryohelix
Impaction:		Blizzard	> Ionohelix
Compression:	Blizzard	> Noctohelix
Transfixion:	Noctohelix	> Luminohelix

T2
Distortion:		Luminohelix > Geohelix
Fragmentation:	Blizzard	> Hydrohelix
Fusion:			Fire		> Ionohelix
Gravitation:	Aero		> Noctohelix

Edit: Typically, you'd burst a T2 Helix for when you want helix dmg, However if for any reason you are not, it's advisable to cast t1 helixes in fast cast gear or little to no mab gear for when things will absorb the dmg (so they dont heal from all the tocks.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2019-10-15 12:49:45
Link | Quote | Reply

a good list of what buffs can be Accessioned, as well as stating that you can AoE Klimaform using Manifestation
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2019-10-17 13:22:53
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

Well, that's me joe'd out. Catch you around.
[+]
 Valefor.Gorns
Server: Valefor
user: Gorns
By Valefor.Gorns 2019-10-19 08:10:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you Sir !
[+]
 Bismarck.Zuidar
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2019-10-25 03:22:33
Link | Quote | Reply

So who knows what adjustments they will bring to scholar / beastmaster coming up in version update mid-november?

I see klimaform in the picture, so maybe that's one part of the adjustments.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-10-25 04:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

According to the picture they're gonna give Light Arts to BST and Charm to SCH.

True story.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-10-25 04:18:13
Link | Quote | Reply

On a serious note what they could do is:

1) Unnerf Modus Veritas
2) Transform some/all of the special merit stratagems into regular ones and put different merit categories that will boost enha duration/helix duration, macc, mab etc
3) Enhance the duration of Klimaform (pretty silly you can get enhanced duration on RDM/SCH but you can't on SCH main)
4) Allow more Enha spells to benefit from Accession
5) Empower Adloquium and/or make it scale with Enhancing Magic Skill
6) Reduce the Stratagems charge time and/or raise maximum amount of strats you can store

Neither of these would break SCH, they would just make it more efficient and more fun to play.
At the same time I doubt any of these will happen, except number 2), which is the most likely to happen and, quite frankly, I think the patch will be just that.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2019-10-25 04:50:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Aiming to have a SCH Guide out for new players sometime tomorrow.

Well, that's me joe'd out. Catch you around.
Square-Enix: Oh look, someone made a Scholar video almost 40:00 long. Be a shame if we updated the job and made him do a second part, eh?

Me
[+]
By aegonvii 2019-10-25 05:30:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »

1) Unnerf Modus Veritas
2) Transform some/all of the special merit stratagems into regular ones and put different merit categories that will boost enha duration/helix duration, macc, mab etc
3) Enhance the duration of Klimaform (pretty silly you can get enhanced duration on RDM/SCH but you can't on SCH main)
6) Reduce the Stratagems charge time and/or raise maximum amount of strats you can store

Neither of these would break SCH, they would just make it more efficient and more fun to play.
At the same time I doubt any of these will happen, except number 2), which is the most likely to happen and, quite frankly, I think the patch will be just that.

My money is on the Merit stratagems, Klimaform duration, and Adloquium potency. Would appreciate some more MACC and MAB, maybe throw in a Regen potency (I mean why not). I don’t think it’s realistic they would ever “fix” Modus Veritas, unfortunately.

Also, always thought it was interesting that rapture or ebullience never effected dispel/erase to remove one more effect from the target. Would really love that but probs not gonna happen.

I’m so excited!
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-10-25 05:39:05
Link | Quote | Reply

If 2) is gonna happen (again, of my list I think it's the only realistic and plausible thing to happen) then of course you will get additional Macc and Mab in the form of Merit categories that will take the place of the Stratagems.
By Ruaumoko 2019-10-25 06:04:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I think we're at least seeing Klimaform give a lot more Magic Accuracy, I'd also like to see it give 15~20% Elemental Damage by itself with the Arbatel Loafers increasing this further for the Scholar.

Adloquium scaling TP Regain with Enhancing Magic Skill would be brilliant, 50/tick cap at 500 Skill would do it.

I also want to see the two Animus spells scale potency with Enhancing Magic Skill, make them both cap at +/-50 and let their effects break the Equipment cap.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-10-25 07:12:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I think we're at least seeing Klimaform give a lot more Magic Accuracy, I'd also like to see it give 15~20% Elemental Damage by itself with the Arbatel Loafers increasing this further for the Scholar.

Adloquium scaling TP Regain with Enhancing Magic Skill would be brilliant, 50/tick cap at 500 Skill would do it.

I also want to see the two Animus spells scale potency with Enhancing Magic Skill, make them both cap at +/-50 and let their effects break the Equipment cap.

those adjustments are great ideas Ruau

However, the Arbatel loafers thing will happen when that goes to +2/3 instead of a job adjustment. I would be really surprised if they made klimaform boost damage by itself.
 Shiva.Spynx
Server: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2019-10-25 08:19:04
Link | Quote | Reply

1) Unnerf Modus Veritas

Agree with you, they are definitely doing #2, it's literally what they have been doing for other jobs (BLM/RDM/BRD) in the last few months.

I could even see klimaform being switched to white magic to get the extended duration and easier to accession.

Don't see any change to modus veritas/charges happening but part of me hopes they *** up and bring back the old modus veritas bug to one-shot enemies with a SCH army (SCHs unite!)
By aegonvii 2019-10-25 08:19:09
Link | Quote | Reply

My pipe dream is a strat that makes helices AOE.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-10-25 08:47:47
Link | Quote | Reply

1) Unnerf Modus Veritas

Red Mage can't get enhanced duration on Klimaform either.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-10-25 09:04:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Composure works on klimaform, that's what I read talking about.
First Page 2 3 ... 75 76 77 ... 99 100 101