[dev1053] Meeble Burrows
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-07-13 14:37:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Do the Meebles mobble yet don't fall down?
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-07-13 14:37:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Chyula said: »
wtf is this ***, all I see are god damn reskin all over the *** place. SE please just hire one god damn artist, I would rather fight chickens and ducks than the hundred of reskin crap around, hell I would rather they put in Pony land like D3 is more interesting fighting those reskin shits.

They did add a new mob
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-07-13 14:38:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Reskins are fine so long as the event is FUN.
[+]
By Regiment 2012-07-13 14:40:59
Link | Quote | Reply

i think the 15minute time limit is just per round, it said there will be multiple rounds with the chance to choose whether or not you want to go a certain route to obtain enhancements before you get to the boss. so if theres 3 rounds then the boss wouldn't it be an hour long event?
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-07-13 14:41:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Reskins are fine so long as the event is FUN.

...and rewarding
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-07-13 14:43:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Regiment said: »
i think the 15minute time limit is just per round, it said there will be multiple rounds with the chance to choose whether or not you want to go a certain route to obtain enhancements before you get to the boss. so if theres 3 rounds then the boss wouldn't it be an hour long event?
Their scenarios of "kill 3-5 (or all) mobs" don't sound like they would take 15min each to complete. I like your idea but it doesn't sound like that's what they're going for.
 Bahamut.Blze
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Blze 2012-07-13 14:43:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Tring to find that happy medium for people is rather hard look at legion cant find anyone on my server that does it because of the time issue i agree hour events for some bu then again look at bcnms that have like 30-1 hour to complete.

moleman hmm i can dig that!
 Fenrir.Kelyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Yummee
By Fenrir.Kelyn 2012-07-13 14:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-07-13 14:49:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Forgot one:
[+]
 Odin.Almont
Server: Odin
user: Almont
By Odin.Almont 2012-07-13 14:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

15 min is way too short a timeframe for the event to be anything more than zerging. Seriously, why does SE have to swing from one extreme to the other so damn much?
By Enuyasha 2012-07-13 14:57:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I always knew there where mole people under Vanadiel

also

Siren.Buddah
Server: Siren
user: Buddah278
By Siren.Buddah 2012-07-13 15:14:48
Link | Quote | Reply

The reward system reminds me of Campaign ; ;
Probably just as bad, all the effort to get to last tier and its all crap. I Hope its fun at least
 Sylph.Yajirobe
Server: Sylph
user: Taruzard
By Sylph.Yajirobe 2012-07-13 15:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Meeble Maze Mongers
[+]
 Bahamut.Blze
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Blze 2012-07-13 22:40:33
Link | Quote | Reply

we're like horses on a horse drawn carriage which is the SE leading us down events are the roads in which we walk and the items, weapons, and gear is the Carrot that SE dangles in front of us, to makes us walk down the event. wow i really didn't mean to get that deep
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2012-07-13 22:49:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Those moles remind me of the moles from Super Mario World.
 Leviathan.Jackieolivas
Server: Leviathan
user: Rahziela
By Leviathan.Jackieolivas 2012-07-13 22:54:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Monty Mole

[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2012-07-13 22:54:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Jackieolivas said: »
Monty Mole

That's the one. :D
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-07-13 22:57:46
Link | Quote | Reply

omg MEEBLES and BEEBLES in the same *** dungeon
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2012-07-13 23:00:12
Link | Quote | Reply

This should be a pvp dungeon. NPC's can aggro/attack each other and Players can attack each other as well as monsters.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-07-13 23:01:03
Link | Quote | Reply

no it shouldnt
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2012-07-13 23:06:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, you're no fun.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-07-13 23:07:44
Link | Quote | Reply

the system they announced for PvP sounded good enough, this doesnt really need it

Seriously though, I was digging this until I saw that it uses an Assault Tags-like system and has a 15 minute time restriction. Assault Tags are AIDS, and a 15 minute time limit tells me "use Embrava or lose".
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
Server: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-07-13 23:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

The monster whatever thing wasn't a replacement for PvP. The developer's stated it would be a separate new game system. This idea/theory/hope that it is some kind of replacement or the evolution of FFXI PvP is just assumption fueled by a potent mixture of ignorance and ill placed faith/desperation(?).

PvP in FFXI at this current time (dealing with your primary character vs. other primary characters) falls under the various systems of "Conflict" and this monster battle-system is (and expressly stated to be so) not a Conflict system.

Not a substitution for PvP.
Not a replacement.
And not soley what was in store for XI Conflict(because Windurst doesn't have their version of Conflict yet.)

It seems to be a side-system Which may have PvP elements for better or for worse. (Though let us take a look at pankration which technically is PvP, and see how that went).

I would not be surprised if you see updates to the Conflict systems with rewards etc. Now that there seems to be some actual development time being put into the game (meebles)! The simple addition of voidstones as rewards for Official matches or small cosmetics would be a small/easy, and now seemingly plausible addition.

I'm going to have fun running around as a Mandragora and Clipper like everyone else, believe you me, just like I raised my mimic and my sabotender for about two weeks.

Because of the detachment from one's character,I see huge problems, I'm hoping there is an option to fight as monsters vs monsters, characters vs characters, or both. (Just put in /duel already?)

I mean I can kill your Crab, Bee, or whatever all I want. But I really want to kill your Paladin.
[+]
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
user: Lillica
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2012-07-13 23:55:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll tell you what game feature that FFXI REALLY needs.

Mother *** Dating Sim.
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-07-14 00:00:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Lillicarnage said: »
I'll tell you what game feature that FFXI REALLY needs.

Mother *** Dating Sim.

All of the options for dating are various types of Moblins and Goblins, giggling coquettishly beneath the garish masks.
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2012-07-14 00:15:42
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI Divorce Court.

Half of your gil and equipment of my choice are belong to me.
[+]
 Ramuh.Scizor
Server: Ramuh
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2012-07-14 00:25:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Pankration was awesome fun
 Valefor.Monkeynutz
By Valefor.Monkeynutz 2012-07-14 02:06:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I initially read it as 15 minutes per objective, but mostly because toward the end of the post they claim that "if you're confident you can take the shortest route to the boss" (meaning you'd have fewer bonus effects from objective completions) or you can take the safe route and clear more objectives. I can see how having more buffs is safer, but if you're under the gun and the entire event is really 15 minutes I don't know how taking the long route could possibly be construed as 'safe', unless they forgot to mention that you can get time extensions regularly or something.

EDIT: for clarification, this bit doesn't seem to make sense to me if the entire event is 15 minutes.

"Additionally, by clearing dungeons the support effect you receive can be carried over into the next dungeon, making it so you can stack them. With that said, if you have the confidence, you can take the shortest route to the boss or if you want to play a bit more solid and safe, you can clear a number of dungeons stacking up effects and then finally challenge the boss."
 Fenrir.Dibble
Server: Fenrir
user: Dibble
By Fenrir.Dibble 2012-07-14 03:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah my first thought was MMM x Assualt x Neo-Nyzul
 Ragnarok.Katsidhe
Server: Ragnarok
user: Catsidhe
By Ragnarok.Katsidhe 2012-07-14 03:56:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Chyula said: »
wtf is this ***, all I see are god damn reskin all over the *** place. SE please just hire one god damn artist, I would rather fight chickens and ducks than the hundred of reskin crap around, hell I would rather they put in Pony land like D3 is more interesting fighting those reskin shits.

They did add a new mob
Chyula just likes to whine for the sake of whining.Don't like what you see, don't play.kthnxbye