Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Phomiuna Aquaducts - Zone won't load
Phomiuna Aquaducts - Zone won't load
 Asura.Gacktcamui
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: gourryzyx
By Asura.Gacktcamui 2012-05-22 01:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I entered the zone (Phomiuna Aquaducts), and I get stuck on Downloading data forever. Is this happening to anyone on Asura?
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-05-22 01:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Lag between zones is usually a sign of a long latency in your connection right when you go to switch areas. Have you restarted the game to see if it finishes?
[+]
 Asura.Gacktcamui
By Asura.Gacktcamui 2012-05-22 01:59:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yes, I have restarted many many times. My mules logged on just fine, so I know it's not a port issue.

I am essentially stuck, since the zone won't load, I can't even move my character out of it. I thought maybe my files were corrupt, so I did a file scan and the zone still won't load.
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-05-22 02:01:01
Link | Quote | Reply

The only other thing I can figure is that the area dats for Aquaducts might be corrupt, unless you've been able to enter before.

Edit: If it's not a corrupt file, it might just solve itself in a little time. Otherwise, you may need to call a GM on your mule and ask for them to somehow move you to another zone.
 Asura.Gacktcamui
By Asura.Gacktcamui 2012-05-22 02:02:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yeah, I've entered it before, prior to the level cap adjustment. It's been a while.
 Ragnarok.Arcalimo
Server: Ragnarok
user: arcalimo
By Ragnarok.Arcalimo 2012-05-22 02:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

That ***has been happening a while now, i have no idea why but from my experience you have 2 options: Reinstall the game or have a friend log in you from another pc and change areas, then you should be able to log again and even enter the area w/o any trouble again (if you have another pc or console you can try logging from there too).
GM's won't do nothig about it, i tried to contact them a few times for that reason.
All what i know is that every friend that experienced this had any kind of modified .dat and the file check doesn't fix it, might have something to be with that.
If you have back ups of your .dats try changing them and see if it works, my friends never had back ups so idk
 Siren.Switchorz
Server: Siren
user: Switchorz
By Siren.Switchorz 2012-05-22 02:45:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I was stuck zoning into Batallia Downs (s) and emails to SE did zero. I believe the email was some automated garbage about how I should ask around on FFXI related message boards to solve my problems.

Kalilla ending up logging in for me and she got me out. I haven't been back since so I don't know what would happen if I tried.

I've only used SE's Windower (I know, I know), so nothing was changed on my end. My mules were fine just like yours but I would freeze in that one zone.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Server: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2012-05-22 02:54:57
Link | Quote | Reply

i had a friend who couldn't zone into sky cause his computer was allergic to the dat for the music. he removed it and everything was fine. not sure if it helps, but it could be something specific like that. doing a file check or reinstall didn't help for him, so hopefully if that doesn't work for you this might.

best of luck.
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2012-05-22 03:47:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you swapped any dats around recently?

At one point in time I somehow managed to completely break kazham- not sure how/why, all I was doing was changing face/gear dats. I had to get a friend to send me a bunch of dats before I could get it working again - file check, etc, didn't do it for me.
 Cerberus.Quipto
Server: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2012-05-22 03:59:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I use to have issues with several zones that I just could not zone into. Turned out to be my router. Replaced it and been fine ever since.
 Cerberus.Cahlum
user: Cahlum
By Cerberus.Cahlum 2012-05-22 04:07:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Do a file check, make sure you select FFXI from the drop down menu, that will most likely fix it as it sounds like corrupt files.
 Asura.Calinzt
user: Calinz
By Asura.Calinzt 2012-05-22 06:00:53
Link | Quote | Reply

It is in fact a connection problem. Happened several times to me, called GM on mule since I had no issues loggin on that. GM said moving me could damage my character data so they said they won't do it. Finally, I just tethered my iPhone and tried logging in with the 3G Internet and it worked flawlessly - I could log into the zone that I was previously stuck on the loading screen of without any problems.
 Asura.Gacktcamui
By Asura.Gacktcamui 2012-05-22 16:48:40
Link | Quote | Reply

So yes, it is indeed a connection problem, nothing to do with .dat files. I hooked up my phone and tethered, the zone loaded right away and I got my *** out asap.
[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-05-22 17:14:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Glad your issue was resolved.
 Asura.Gacktcamui
By Asura.Gacktcamui 2012-05-22 17:48:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you everyone for your inputs.

The problem however, is still present, since I can't go into the zone at all on my Verizon Fios. I don't know if there are any other zones that I can't get into yet.
 Asura.Gacktcamui
By Asura.Gacktcamui 2012-05-23 01:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL, it seems Bastok Mine is one of the zones that I can't get to either, my home nation even. This is insane.
 Cerberus.Quipto
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2012-05-23 01:44:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Try other ways to zone into it. I remember I couldn't zone into east ron from west ron, but if I went into south sandy then zoned to east ron I was fine. Was highly annoying until I figured out what the problem was, but I was able to work around it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Haxxor
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Haxxor
By Quetzalcoatl.Haxxor 2012-05-23 01:48:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Try this, fixed the same problem for me.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/envi/win/win01.html?pageID=win

On the bottom of the page is the port settings the game needs open.
 Cerberus.Nexxus
user: Orions
By Cerberus.Nexxus 2012-05-23 01:52:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember one day i've made a GM call because i couldn't enter Sea Serpent Grotto, it took me over 30min to figure it out that i was zoning from Yhoator to Yuntunga Jungle, it was very late tho and i was a bit tired >.> .

Do you have some program that block peers entrance ? maybe you can't enter because your program block it.
 Asura.Gacktcamui
By Asura.Gacktcamui 2012-05-23 13:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not the ports, definitely not the ports. I read some more community forum and used a program suggested by a poster "Hotspot Shield", it's basically a free private VPN program that reroute your connection to a different location (California!). Voila! Every area's fine now on my main connection.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/22550-POL-Error-Code-0011-3001.-WTF/page7

this is the community forum post link.
 Bismarck.Herzins
Server: Bismarck
user: Herzins
By Bismarck.Herzins 2012-05-23 14:18:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calinzt said: »
It is in fact a connection problem. Happened several times to me, called GM on mule since I had no issues loggin on that. GM said moving me could damage my character data so they said they won't do it. Finally, I just tethered my iPhone and tried logging in with the 3G Internet and it worked flawlessly - I could log into the zone that I was previously stuck on the loading screen of without any problems.

How does one logs in through an iPhone, just curious, I've tried "Logmein" on iPad and it works if I'm to log into my desktop from the iPad.
 Asura.Calinzt
user: Calinz
By Asura.Calinzt 2012-05-23 15:19:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Herzins said: »
How does one logs in through an iPhone, just curious, I've tried "Logmein" on iPad and it works if I'm to log into my desktop from the iPad.
My phone is factory unlocked. I don't know if that makes any difference or not. But in the Settings app there's an option called Personal Hotspot. Turn that on and you can tether your phone's internet to most machines either via Wi-Fi or a USB cable. For Windows, that requires having iTunes installed because it comes with the modem .dll that it needs to register the connection.

I know that in the US Verizon and such require you to pay additional fees for tethering your phone. In Europe that's not so yet thankfully.