error code POL-1160
 Asura.Triffle
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Triffle
By Asura.Triffle 2015-12-23 02:06:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Vonduke said: »
Happened to me today, got disconnected from the game with the FFXI-3001 error, knocked me back to POL and hit a FFXI-3100 error, so I closed the game, reloaded POL, got the POL-1160 error. What I did was load up WTFast and it worked just fine. Had to use this on FF14 when the servers were being crappy and it would better my connection so I'm happy I still had it and it worked for me. Hope this helps others!

I can attest to this WTFast did actually work. Coming back for the first time in a year and kept getting this error code and after trying it, it finally lets me download the version update.
By Quizno 2015-12-23 04:13:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm completely baffled and concerned about my POL-1610.

The first time it happened I was zoning, and I got stuck in the black screen. I logout, log back in and I'm still stuck "downloading" port jeuno. 10 times the same thing.

Eventually I do manage to get on, try to warp to Qufim and it happens again. But this time I can't even get onto POL.

I reinstalled FFXI... didn't help.

I reinstalled Windows, and FFXI... didn't help.

Tried WTFast... didn't help (said I didn't have a connection).

Double checked Legacy and 3.5, checked... didn't help.

Turned off my router, etc... didn't help.

I've done everything I can find online. I have no idea what is going on.

One clue is that the first time I tried to restart my computer it started downloading the window's mega-update. Any chance that added some layer of BS I'm unaware of?

(Also tried turning off firewall, virus protector, etc... didn't help)

HELP =(
 leo
By leo 2015-12-23 07:55:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you tried connecting from a public wifi (assuming it's a laptop) like from Starbucks?

Also you could ask to test your PC at a friend's place instead of formatting and reinstalling. That kind of error is usually related to the router (I know you tested power cycling it) or routing problems which are beyond control of normal users (stuff related to ISP and Internet management policies).

Hence why I suggest you try connecting from another ISP/service.
By Quizno 2015-12-23 11:50:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I use a desktop for playing, and haven't done anything with public wifi. I may try that tomorrow when I get a chance.

If it is ISP related is it something I can fight? Can I call up comcast and tell them to knock it off?
 Asura.Triffle
user: Triffle
By Asura.Triffle 2015-12-23 14:02:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Just to clarify, did you use WTFast to launch the game or did you start the game and turn on WTFast? It tells me there is 0 connection as well until I actually log in after using it to launch it.
By Quizno 2015-12-27 19:22:13
Link | Quote | Reply

tried turning it on through WTFast.
By Quizno 2015-12-27 23:16:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Xfinity/Comcast randomly changed something on our routers.

In order to get back online I had to log into the xfinity / router, add back the correct ports, and decrease the security settings.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [92 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Extract
user: deezydabs
By Asura.Extract 2016-03-28 15:28:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Let me back on!
 Asura.Sabishii
user: Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2016-03-28 15:33:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Extract said: »
Let me back on!

Getting the same error trying to log into POL, heard a bunch of people are red dotting in jeuno.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [176 days between previous and next post]
 Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin 2016-09-20 09:29:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone getting this today?
 Fenrir.Vazerus
Server: Fenrir
user: Vazerus
By Fenrir.Vazerus 2016-09-20 09:32:53
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/49565/long-login-times-lag-ingame/
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [295 days between previous and next post]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-12 09:35:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Been receiving this error regularly when I log in on my laptop from work.

I can't tell what it is, because even when I tether from my iphone, I get the same message. VPN is NOT active atm. Work Internet has always allowed me to login to ffxi. Assuming they changed it, my vpn should mask it, unless they blocked vpns also.

Keep in mind normal web browsing is still normal, just getting the error message. I was getting the error message yesterday at the same time, but was able to finally login in the afternoon.

Any idea what gives?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-12 09:45:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you running any host based firewalls?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-12 11:25:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope. I just was able to get on via tethering after a half dozen tries. I wonder why?

Havent tested work internet. Is there a way for them to see that I am logging in and block specific ports to ffxi? I have always been able to access ffxi from work up until yesterday when I started getting the message. Or maybe its something on my PC im not aware of.