Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 419 420 421 ... 445 446 447
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-10-02 13:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

You didn't correct anything. All I said was offhand hits on expiacion with Tizona R15 have an effective ftp of 1.495. Which is true. I didn't say anything about how that effective ftp interacts with anything else at all.

You assumed I was saying that that relationship favors either WSD or DA in any way, and I wasn't.
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-10-02 13:51:28
Link | Quote | Reply

That makes your comment irrelevant to the discussion at hand.
[+]
 Asura.Selindrile
By Asura.Selindrile 2021-10-07 09:40:06
Link | Quote | Reply

So designing a Cruel Joke set, I'm pretty sure both Blue Magic Skill and Magic Accuracy matter here obviously, and I think they're equal in value, but is there an associated dStat? I assume dInt, or is there nothing or is it another stat, if anyone knows. For example, I see one claiming best in slot is Rawhide Gloves Path D, another claiming it's Malignance Gloves, if dInt is a thing though, I'm thinking perhaps it's Regal Cuffs?
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
Server: Bahamut
user: Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2021-10-07 10:58:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know the answer ultimately, but my CJ set uses rawhide gloves path D, and relic head\feet. I use malignance legs and body as well. I've never had a resist on any floor in Sheol C.

For reference:
ItemSet 376454
By Chimerawizard 2021-10-07 11:17:49
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what I've been using, often get 1~2 resisted mobs, 4th floor sometimes half a group may resist. (+crep. earring) & serving of seafood gratin.
ItemSet 382080
still no drop on pants, so guess I'll just adjust the rest aside from hands since don't have that either and don't expect that to be the make or break item.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-10-07 12:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Assimilator's Shalwar+3 provide higher magic accuracy than the relic legs, and higher macc than malignance if paired with the artifact head. It also has higher INT (unsure how this factors into the equation) and some decent SIRD (which Rawhide Gloves also has a good bit of). Unless you're going for the DT, it's a very good alternative to malignance for CJ. Not as big of a bonus if you're using relic head instead though
By SimonSes 2021-10-07 13:00:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jedigamer said: »
I've never had a resist on any floor in Sheol C.

Statements like this make me suspicious about credibility of your comment. Macc caps at 95%, so you will always have resists from time to time, so "never had any resists" is hard to believe, unless you did like one run and used CJ like few times :)
[+]
 Asura.Selindrile
By Asura.Selindrile 2021-10-07 13:29:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know the answer ultimately, but my CJ set uses rawhide gloves path D, and relic head\feet. I use malignance legs and body as well. I've never had a resist on any floor in Sheol C.

For reference:
ItemSet 376454

Thanks for the reply, yours was one of the sets I looked at but I see several inconsistencies, for example, in some slots I can see you're valuing skill higher than 1 Macc, which I've not seen much supporting that though, and we still don't know if dStat is a thing... Also I notice you're using Metamorph +1 ring, instead of 2 stikini, which seems very odd with how much you value skill elsewhere, 8skill, 11macc, versus 16stat, 15macc. You'd think if you're valuing skill as >1macc, you'd run 2x Stikini+1, or if you're not, you'd be using Malignance Gloves over Rawhide, but if you're valuing the dInt in the Metamorph, why aren't you using Regal Cuffs, or other things over Malignance with more Int? So all in all a bit confusing, ultimately I'm hoping someone out there has some decent sample size testing done.
 Fenrir.Pirinolon
Server: Fenrir
user: Pirinolon
By Fenrir.Pirinolon 2021-10-07 13:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »
This is what I've been using, often get 1~2 resisted mobs, 4th floor sometimes half a group may resist. (+crep. earring) & serving of seafood gratin.
ItemSet 382080
still no drop on pants, so guess I'll just adjust the rest aside from hands since don't have that either and don't expect that to be the make or break item.

i Use a set very similar to this, changes are regal earring, metamorph ring+1 R15 and AF+3 legs, food for macc doesnt make any diff at this point. only get the ocasional 1 to 5 single monters resist in the whole run
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2021-10-07 13:55:26
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
I've never had a resist on any floor in Sheol C.

Statements like this make me suspicious about credibility of your comment. Macc caps at 95%, so you will always have resists from time to time, so "never had any resists" is hard to believe, unless you did like one run and used CJ like few times :)

I've done the CJ method daily for maybe 3 months now I think. I miss mobs that are out of range sometimes but haven't seen a message that indicated something resisted. I can provide video if you'd like.
 Asura.Selindrile
By Asura.Selindrile 2021-10-07 13:57:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming that 1Skill = 1Macc, then the two most likely sets I can think of would be:

ItemSet 382086

ItemSet 382087

If 1Skill = 2Macc and Int Matters it could look like:
ItemSet 382088
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-10-07 14:42:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Time to buy a Zomorrodnegar! :D
 Asura.Selindrile
By Asura.Selindrile 2021-10-07 14:47:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Good call, that actually does seem the best offhand regardless.
By SimonSes 2021-10-07 17:51:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I think skill is probably 0.9 macc.
Also Crepuscular earring has 10 macc and should be better than Njordr.

I've done the CJ method daily for maybe 3 months now I think. I miss mobs that are out of range sometimes but haven't seen a message that indicated something resisted. I can provide video if you'd like.

Does CJ actually shows resists, or just "no effect". I cant remember.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-10-07 18:44:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Says "No Effect"
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2021-10-07 19:38:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I can never find a consistent answer about the skill to m.acc relationship. I've read it's 1 to 1 and I've also read that it's .9 to 1. I generally rely on smarter people to do testing, but I'd be happy to help if I know what to do. I do a farm run daily basically.
By SimonSes 2021-10-08 02:34:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I can never find a consistent answer about the skill to m.acc relationship. I've read it's 1 to 1 and I've also read that it's .9 to 1. I generally rely on smarter people to do testing, but I'd be happy to help if I know what to do. I do a farm run daily basically.

To test macc vs skill you would want mimic this test but use blue magic skill vs magic accuracy, instead of magic accuracy skill vs magic accuracy.
 Asura.Selindrile
By Asura.Selindrile 2021-10-08 10:17:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I think skill is probably 0.9 macc.
Also Crepuscular earring has 10 macc and should be better than Njordr.

Quite a few earrings have 10macc, there's a reason I specified "If 1skill=1macc", I keep hearing conflicting things on that, from it being worth more or less than 1, but most often I hear it being equal, if it's equal, the extra (though tiny) amount of SIRD associated with skill makes it better.
[+]
 Bismarck.Drakelth
Server: Bismarck
user: drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2021-10-24 13:04:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dajjal said: »
So from some earlier posts in the thread it looks like the best sets for Expiacion are the following:

For attack uncapped:
ItemSet 382008

For attack capped (ammo is Crepuscular Pebble)
ItemSet 382009

Do these look right?
*edit reversed labels

did you look at replacing the SoA ring with a Metamor. Ring +1?
 Bismarck.Reaperofsoul
By Bismarck.Reaperofsoul 2021-10-24 18:43:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have a current spreadsheet built for blu atm?
 Bahamut.Dajjal
By Bahamut.Dajjal 2021-10-25 11:10:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Drakelth said: »

I didn't come up with these sets. I only compiled them from information earlier in the thread.
 Bismarck.Drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2021-10-25 11:15:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't come up with these sets. I only compiled them from information earlier in the thread.

That's fair, I have been seeing metamor ring in other sets for savage blade but don't really have the programs todo a decent test myself. Hopefully some one who does see this and responds or the guy who posted the other sets already did lol
By SimonSes 2021-10-25 12:38:33
Link | Quote | Reply

The ring you want to use if you lack karieyh +1 is Beithir. Karieyh is still better (it has 0.6% lead). It's more about having Karieyh at all when there are potentially few more useful SoA rings and you can only have one.
 Bismarck.Drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2021-10-25 12:50:19
Link | Quote | Reply

The ring you want to use if you lack karieyh +1 is Beithir. Karieyh is still better (it has 0.6% lead). It's more about having Karieyh at all when there are potentially few more useful SoA rings and you can only have one.

I have the karieyh +1 atm, was looking if I could swap it around for the light magic one. But blus my baby so rdm and rng can stuff it lol.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-11-10 12:53:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone determined at what MLs certain spells potency gets a boost, whether with or without blue magic skill+gear? I forget which spells gain any significant boosts from skill, besides Occultation.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2021-11-10 12:59:42
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a chance that I might be forgetting one, but I believe it's just Occultation and Magic Barrier that are uncapped

edit: oh, I guess the HP drain from the spells that do that (Osmosis) lol

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-11-16 16:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
There's a chance that I might be forgetting one, but I believe it's just Occultation and Magic Barrier that are uncapped

edit: oh, I guess the HP drain from the spells that do that (Osmosis) lol
Atra. Libations too afaik.
In my list I also have Diamondhide for some reason but I think that's a mistake, pretty confident Diamondhide caps early?

Edit:
Yes confirmed, Diamondhide caps at 500. Guess when I created the Lua I didn't have 500 skill yet lol
 Asura.Skyekitty
By Asura.Skyekitty 2021-11-29 20:42:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry if I missed this somewhere, but does Gleti's become BIS for CDC from base stats or only after augmented? Thanks.
 Ragnarok.Lowen
Server: Ragnarok
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2021-11-29 23:10:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I think most pieces are probably upgrades even without any RP in them.
First Page 2 3 ... 419 420 421 ... 445 446 447