The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 409 410 411 ... 446 447 448
 Asura.Zidaner
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Xavierr
By Asura.Zidaner 2021-03-25 16:07:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Azuresets only sucks in omen during these campaigns or during FTP times when omen is overly crowded.
By fillerbunny9 2021-03-25 16:15:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Is there an updated list with the monsters immune to Cruel Joke in Sheol A, B and C?

I know it's different for each zone, like Tigers are not immune in B, but they are immune in C, etc.
I have been compiling a list of Sheol C, but we have been blanking out mobs that cannot be slept using Dream Flower as well (though I think the only real instances of that has been Apkallu and big birds).

here is what I have, again for Sheol C:
Yes - Apkallu, Beetles, big birds, Bugard, Colibri, Crab, Damselfly, Defoliator, Flytrap, Goobbue, Jagil, Karakul, Korrigan, Leopard, Marid, Rabbits, Raptors, Sapling, Treant, Vulture, Wasp, Wyvern, Ziz.

No - Ameretats, Bats, Chigoe, Clot, Dahak, Diremite, Funguar, Ghosts, Hecteyes, Leeches, Manticore, Puk, Ram, Scorpion, Spider, Tiger, Undead, Wamoura, Wamouracampa, Weapons, Worms.

Additionally, I cast in my High M.Acc set, (offhanding Maxentius for the moment as we are just now starting T3s). Cruel Joke isn't just a Yes/No for enemy types, and is subject to resists, particularly as you progress ever downwards. you will still see some mobs randomly resist out of a pack of ten if you are not sporting enough M.Acc on even the starting floor.

EDIT: for Apkallu/big birds, you CAN sleep with Lullaby.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-25 16:44:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess if Lullaby Works, then Sheep song should work as well?
I know Qutrubs and Rams are immune to Lullaby, so they probably are immune to Sheep Song as well but maybe they can be slept with Dream Flower.
By fillerbunny9 2021-03-25 17:50:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I know for sure Rams will not allow Cruel Joke to hit, as we experimented and even spammed under Unbridled Wisdom, because they have SO MUCH HP that it was painful to kill after the resist
By Shichishito 2021-03-25 19:56:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Any food suggested?
rolan. daifuku or marine stewpot i suppose.
By fillerbunny9 2021-03-25 20:50:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Tropical Crepes (if you can get them) is good for Joke. depends if you need the 40 extra M.Acc and don't need the regular Accruacy. Stewpot if you don't mind blowing the cash for 1-2 30 min events.
By SimonSes 2021-03-25 21:04:20
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't need any extra macc to land cruel joke. You should use evasion food if you gather mobs on blu and not using tank for that.
By fillerbunny9 2021-03-25 23:40:07
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
You don't need any extra macc to land cruel joke. You should use evasion food if you gather mobs on blu and not using tank for that.
what determines whether or not it lands if not M.Acc, as it is definitely not simply a "it works every time provided the enemy can be Doomed"?
By Shichishito 2021-03-26 00:37:25
Link | Quote | Reply

i think he's trying to say that the Macc requirements aren't that high and the random resists are more likely due to macc capping at 95% instead of 100% so if you AoE a lot of mobs you'd experience random resists no matter how high your macc stat is.
i have no clue what the macc requirements are but i assume they are a lot lower in shoel A floor 1 than in shoel C last floor and depending on where you are and which supports you brought with you a higher macc value could make a difference.
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2021-03-26 01:05:31
Link | Quote | Reply

then what is the theoretical value necessary to cap M.Acc on Sheol level mobs?
By SimonSes 2021-03-26 03:07:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure Mischief doesnt even switch out Thibron and uses 0 macc buffs and seems to land Cruel Joke pretty easily at Path C floor 4.

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Draylo 2021-03-26 04:52:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn his UI is horrible.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-03-26 04:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I always hated the watery bubble window color. Dark blue splochy one or bust
[+]
 Asura.Bynebill
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bynebill 2021-03-26 06:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

definitely don't need much magic acc to land cruel joke on the mobs that aren't just immune to it in C.

My alt blu is using a pieced together magic acc set and even with thibron locked and a subpar set I don't experience anything beyond the occas resist that seems in line with the random chance you're always going to have.

Tend to just use attack food as well. I pull mobs that resist it as well and just have the group, including the blu kill them while joke counts down. Is there any good evasion food these days?
By SimonSes 2021-03-26 06:22:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bynebill said: »
definitely don't need much magic acc to land cruel joke on the mobs that aren't just immune to it in C.

My alt blu is using a pieced together magic acc set and even with thibron locked and a subpar set I don't experience anything beyond the occas resist that seems in line with the random chance you're always going to have.

Tend to just use attack food as well. I pull mobs that resist it as well and just have the group, including the blu kill them while joke counts down. Is there any good evasion food these days?

Salt Ramen
[+]
 Asura.Bynebill
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bynebill 2021-03-26 06:25:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-26 07:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »

I'm glad I'm not the only one. My eyes bleed every time i see that window color design.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-26 07:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 378959
Ambu Cape: Agi+20, Eva+30, PDT-10

Alternatives
Ear: Ethereal Earring
Belt: Shetal Stone (can't use food with this)
Ring: Ilabrat can be a nice alternative to Vengeful, I guess.

Anything good I'm missing for an eva set on BLU?

Also would love to hear a good spells combination for this.
This is the set I normally use for max DPS setup:

Could swap it to something like this:
Light and Dark based sleeps, Entomb to petrify, capped Evasion Bonus.

You go down 1 tier in Accuracy, lose macc and def down from removing Tenebral Crush and you also lose 1 tier of STP and 3 tiers of Skillchain Bonus.

I'm pretty noob to BLU, I'm open to suggestions.
By Shichishito 2021-03-26 08:37:18
Link | Quote | Reply

unless you still find yourself spamming chant du cygne a lot i'd drop the Cdmg sinker drill for something else, maybe a heal and/or other utlility.
could also replace staunch tathlum +1 with amar cluster for 10 more evasion.
By SimonSes 2021-03-26 09:06:09
Link | Quote | Reply

It depends what you want to do Sechs. You want to do Cruel Joke only + NMs? or go with a group and Cruel joke from time to time and kill normally from time to time?

Personally I always have White Wind, because its just too good. Tenebral also seems very useful for both NMs and Nostos/Agon killing with group. I would probably drop one Crit damage and one tier of evasion or one tier of store TP.

As for set. Not sure why you overcap pdt by 4%? Should just use Amar Cluster in ammo.
Also you should have a toggle that switch to Carmine Cuisses+1, Nyame Sollerets and Staunch Tathlum +1.
For inventory saving, you could use Flume belt + Gelationous ring and make cape +15 evasion instead of PDT. You would have 9 less evasion, but +2 inventory space, if you dont use that Vengeful ring and Svelt. belt for anything else.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-26 10:33:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
unless you still find yourself spamming chant du cygne a lot i'd drop the Cdmg sinker drill for something else, maybe a heal and/or other utlility.
could also replace staunch tathlum +1 with amar cluster for 10 more evasion.
Good one, forgot about it. Still capped DT (with Shell) even with Amar Cluster.
I don't intend to use CDC indeed, so I will either put Magic Fruit there if I go /WAR, or... I dunno what else if I go /RDM lol.

SimonSes said: »
It depends what you want to do Sechs. You want to do Cruel Joke only + NMs? or go with a group and Cruel joke from time to time and kill normally from time to time?
To be fair neither, I already have my static group I farm my Segments with "properly".
I wanna go BLU for:
1) When I missed a few runs with my static and I want to catch up
2) Build up Moogle Mastery in the Sheol Zones where I have it still low (I'm like 3 in Sheol B and 5 in Sheol A)

Not sure If I'm gonna pop NMs or not, maybe a few just so I've killed all of them at least once in Sheol A and B.

Quote:
I would probably drop one Crit damage and one tier of evasion or one tier of store TP.
Crit I totally will, see above, thanks guys for the tip.
Another tier of STP well, maybe, if I find good spells I need.
If I go /WAR I might need Battery Charge for instance.
I've been thinking about stuff like Saline Coat, White Wind and Winds of Promy., but I don't really think I will need any of these.

Quote:
Not sure why you overcap pdt by 4%?
Because I was supposed to put Amar Cluster in there, updating my previous set, but then I forgot xD Shichi just reminded me, thankfully Should just use Amar Cluster in ammo.

Quote:
Also you should have a toggle that switch to Carmine Cuisses+1
Yep, have this.
Don't have a switch for Nyame yet because I haven't bought any Nyame pieces (or any other Odyssey pieces).
Need more inv space ;_;

Quote:
For inventory saving, you could use Flume belt + Gelationous ring and make cape +15 evasion instead of PDT. You would have 9 less evasion, but +2 inventory space, if you dont use that Vengeful ring and Svelt. belt for anything else.
Ooooh I like this, thanks!
 Shiva.Xelltrix
Server: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2021-03-26 13:55:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »

See through window onry.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-03-26 14:19:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello!

Does Gleti's R0 have any place in our current Expacion/CDC gearsets?
[+]
By drakefs 2021-03-26 15:29:09
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are attacked capped, yes. Just note, the more PDL you add, the more attack you will need to reach cap.
 Asura.Panasync
By Asura.Panasync 2021-03-26 22:13:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have any suggestions for a good/great spell(s) set for Odyssey?

EDIT: Also, apologies if it's already been asked/discussed from the cursory glance I took skimming a handful of pages I didn't see it mentioned.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2021-03-27 00:14:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there something wrong with the orcs in La Vaule? I've been fighting them forever and haven't seen any of them do Orcish Counterstance.
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2021-03-27 00:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure you’re only gonna get that particular spell from nms
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2021-03-27 01:02:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nuance said: »
Pretty sure you’re only gonna get that particular spell from nms

BGwiki needs to be updated than, it says it comes from any orc in WoTG areas.
By Shichishito 2021-03-27 01:04:20
Link | Quote | Reply

no clue about la vaule ones, iirc i got mine from jugner forest (S).

maybe incursion is the way to go for orcish counterstance?

this is what i use for odyssey:
not much out of the ordinary, scouring spate does a good enough job reducing the fodders auto attack damage to the point where trusts can handle curing thru a couple of adds. i'd usually try to avoid links outside of cruel joke so i went for single target sweeping gauge and scouring spate followed by dream flower in case of links.

however some mentioned evasion is more effective in odyssey so maybe switching scouring spate (8), sweaping gauge (6), barrier tusk (3) and magic fruite (3) or dream flower (3) for screw driver (3 for first tier of evasion bonus with occultation), tenebral crush (8) and blinding fulgor (8) works better?
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 409 410 411 ... 446 447 448