The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 394 395 396 ... 445 446 447
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2020-09-03 13:15:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess I need to R15 that cape too then. I hope I still have it and didn't toss it.
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2020-09-03 13:22:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Xelltrix said: »
I remember asking about why Jhakri set was used in place of the Ayanmo set (it having more haste and fast cast) in the guide for Sudden Lunge a long time ago. Back then, the consensus seemed to be that INT impacts the magic accuracy for sudden lunge. I never bothered to verify that and testing both sets out against each other I couldn't really tell so I flitted back and forth between the two sets until I got my hand on better options. I actually don't use the full Malignance set for that precise reason and instead use the below set:

ItemSet 375194

Magic accuracy is about even considering the blue magic skill and you lose about 30 acc, but you gain 71 INT and some Fast Cast. I was considering Metamorph Ring and I'm still not sure whether or not I want to use it but I have stuck with Stikini x2 for now as I was never sure if Blue Skill ever added anything other than just magic accuracy. Maybe someday someone will go through the effort of testing out Sudden Lunge to see what impact Blue Magic Skill and INT(or possibly other attributes) have on Additional Effects but for now this set has seemed pretty reliable. I do still have those weird times where a monster I have popped like 20 times before decides that this time it doesn't want to stay stunned but I really can't figure out what the cause of that is when the set and buffs haven't changed.

Quote:
Wondering if I should add Ghastly Tathlum +1.

R15 Ghastly Tathlum +1 is better for all of our nukes, even the hybrid nukes that don't have an additional INT modifier.

That set looks almost like mine except I need those hand pieces r15'd. Thanks for posting. Good to see people using the new gear.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-09-03 13:42:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Those are raetic Bangles+1 not gazu bracelets+1
 Shiva.Xelltrix
Server: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2020-09-03 14:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I think he meant to say back.
By SimonSes 2020-09-03 14:14:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jedigamer said: »
I do still have those weird times where a monster I have popped like 20 times before decides that this time it doesn't want to stay stunned but I really can't figure out what the cause of that is when the set and buffs haven't changed.

Its funny you wrote 20 times, because that would be about what should happen afaik. magic accuracy is capped at 95% and its very possible that stun on Sudden lunge has no partial resists, so once per 20 cast on avg it will probably just fail.
By SimonSes 2020-09-03 14:42:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jedigamer said: »
I actually don't use the full Malignance set for that precise reason and instead use the below set:

The big plus of Malignance is that if you fail to stun, or you try to chain stun something like NIN NM is dynamis D wave 1 or 2 and you miss timing a little, you have big meva/dt to survive potential Mijin for example. Now in that set you posted, meva is kinda bad and there is only 5%DT (and chance to absorb from hands, but a rather small one). It also dont even need to be extreme example like Mijin, but simple TP move timed when you cast (especially some TP move that can debuff you on top of damage and you lose meva in worst moment).

Another thing is that Lunge has only 12 sec recast and even with just capped gear/magic haste and fast cast from trait, you are already below 3sec recast, so going further with more FC is kinda useless.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2020-09-03 15:41:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Xelltrix said: »
I think he meant to say back.

I looked at the hands and assumed without clicking to confirm what hands they were.

Thanks for the correction Buukki.
 Shiva.Xelltrix
Server: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2020-09-03 20:20:09
Link | Quote | Reply

The DT part seems pretty irrelevant to me, you'll be back in your DT set if you need it by the time the spell ends. Fast Cast is useless when you're capped magic haste, yeah, but I felt like it was still worth noting. The huge INT difference was my main concern, though obviously it still remains to be seen if it actually does anything.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2020-09-03 21:34:16
Link | Quote | Reply

idk... im caught in my casting sets all the time on pretty much every job. stuns suck
[+]
By Nariont 2020-09-04 08:07:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Similar idea to having a dt/hybrid ws set. Sometimes lag, failure to swap vack like in dyna, or simply bad timing/miss will get you caught mid or even just after cast
 Bahamut.Sobius
user: Sobius
By Bahamut.Sobius 2020-09-05 20:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick Question after perusing this thread and the other threads about gear: Does Sailfi Belt +1 R15 trump Windbuffet +1 now for TP?

Thanks
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-09-05 20:28:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I always hear people say "it doesn't matter because you only in swaps for a second" but how come so many people end up dying in their precast sets.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-05 20:32:16
Link | Quote | Reply

No matter how fast an action happens, you can always "get caught" in precast.

Poor timing on their part. Mobs are predictable, yet, people still start casting even though you should know it's been (10) seconds since last tp move etc

Just like why so many people can't "Ichi tank" if Ni is down it's impossible to get ichi up because they just spam the ***instead of timing it. (old school)
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2020-09-05 21:50:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Sobius said: »
Quick Question after perusing this thread and the other threads about gear: Does Sailfi Belt +1 R15 trump Windbuffet +1 now for TP?

Thanks

at worst its side grade and at best it does. I no longer use wind bc inv+1 and stuffs.
[+]
By Weeew 2020-09-05 22:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azagarth said: »
Bahamut.Sobius said: »

Thanks

at worst its side grade and at best it does. I no longer use wind bc inv+1 and stuffs.

If you are using mythic AM3 then you will want to keep Windbuffet +1 if you do not have a decent STP belt.
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2020-09-06 02:17:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Weeew said: »
If you are using mythic AM3 then you will want to keep Windbuffet +1 if you do not have a decent STP belt.
Does not compute.... How would you have a mythic and NOT be able to get a stp belt?
[+]
By geigei 2020-09-06 02:49:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Does not compute.... How would you have a mythic and NOT be able to get a stp belt?
I just saw a blu idling in tp set with blistering r15 and a spiral ring.
By Pantafernando 2020-09-06 03:06:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe because Blistering is an all job helmet, and he was wallmart gearing a job for CP.
By Weeew 2020-09-06 04:42:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Who said anything about 'not being able' to get a Stp waist? I clearly said if you don't have one.. If you want to reply to something someone says then make sure you can read first.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Arakon
Server: Carbuncle
user: arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2020-09-06 07:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Am curious about what setup you used to avoid the Dual Wield belt.

I had to use a Dual Wield belt to make Dual Wield +11 for optimal delay with DW3 (Shetal Stone and Suppanomimi).

ItemSet 375228
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-09-06 07:38:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Reiki Yotai has DW and STP
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-09-06 07:50:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Arakon said: »
Am curious about what setup you used to avoid the Dual Wield belt.

I had to use a Dual Wield belt to make Dual Wield +11 for optimal delay with DW3 (Shetal Stone and Suppanomimi).

ItemSet 375228

Reiki Yotai + Eabani is the most obvious route. 10DW cape, Olseni belt and Dignitary Earring if you need accuracy.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2020-09-06 07:54:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Reiki Yotai is out of reach atm, guess I will stick to Shetal Stone.
By geigei 2020-09-06 08:16:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Adhemar body + suppa
or
add another dw trait
 Carbuncle.Arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2020-09-06 08:43:07
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
Adhemar body + suppa
or
add another dw trait
I picked the pieces to maximize STP for Tizona AM3.
Other than Reikei Yotai + Eabani, the rest seems to be a worst trade for STP since the maximum STP for waist is +6. Body (+11) or Cape (+10).
By SimonSes 2020-09-10 21:59:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok I have no idea how I missed it on first check, but we have awesome upgrade from Odyssey path C.

Septoptic +1 is an obvious upgrade for nukes and by the long shot.

46MAB, 7INT, 7MND, 40macc

Use it in sub hand because of lower magic accuracy skill than Maxentius.

EDIT. Ok I know why it wasnt hyped. Because of low Magic damage. 28MAB probably wont beat 100+ Magic damage on Kaja Rod. SHAME ; ;
 Asura.Binarywolf
user: ArchNeme
By Asura.Binarywolf 2020-09-10 22:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey y'all.

Is there an updated BiS visualization for weaponskill gear sets?

In particular, I'm looking for Requiescat as I move to finish Tibron.
By Korgull 2020-09-13 11:59:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello:

I recently leveled BLU on my mule and i plan to make it only for AoE solo cleave for stuff like Abyssea, Delve, Einhenjar chambers, PLing other mules, etc. I've already got all the nuking spells and made a 65%ish fast cast set, so the next step is the aoe midcast set.

I noticed that the sets on the guide are outdated and i wanted to make sure what pieces are still relevant before i throw money on it:

ItemSet 344981

At first glance i see Maxentius/Septoptic + 1 R15 as weapons, but what about the amalric pieces? are those still bis? What about neck alternatives to Orpheus Sash? I was thinking about Refoccilation Stone.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
By Crossbones 2020-09-13 12:05:21
Link | Quote | Reply

If all you want to use it for is cleaving lvl 75-110 mobs or whatever then I can tell you that gear is waaaaaay past that point already. I was cleaving in reis in little more than +1 jhakri gear and had zero issues killing mobs, especially if you have burst affinity up. You can probably just make a +2 jhakri set to save a ton of gil for similar results.
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2020-09-13 12:08:13
Link | Quote | Reply

swaps/replacements include Eschan Stone and Metamorph Ring +1 R15. pretty sure 4/5 Amalric +1 is still BiS, though maybe Cohort Cloak +1 R15 MIGHT be an improvement.
First Page 2 3 ... 394 395 396 ... 445 446 447