New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 386 387 388 ... 445 446 447
By Shichishito 2020-07-07 13:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

maybe double dark weather has a possitive effect on death proc rate?
By SimonSes 2020-07-07 18:14:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like cohort cloak +1 will be new bis for nukes after getting augments (+100 mab/macc, +20 all stats)

vs Amalric+1 body and Jhakri +2 head it has:
-4 MAB
+2 INT
+3~13macc

That alone doesnt sound like big improvement, but Cloak also has:
+7STR
+9DEX
+38AGI
+33VIT
+25MND
+19CHR

So for Spectral Flow it can even be few points damage less, but for everything else it should be bis.

EDIT: It also most likely wont be bis for Tenebral, because Pixie Hairpin +1 is just OP, but it would be for sure bis for hybrid option when beside damage you also want macc to land def down (Pixie has no macc, so macc gains is huge here)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-07-07 18:56:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Does that account for the set bonus from Amalric +1? Should be +4MAB higher with the former set vs Cohort+1 no? 33+20+10(set)+41(jhakri)
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-07-07 19:09:45
Link | Quote | Reply

If you only have 2 pieces of Amalric+1 set the set bonus is gonna be +20, not +10.
This would lead to a +14 Mab difference compared to Cohort Cloak +1.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2020-07-07 19:21:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably will get it. Though, I use a DM augmented Herculean Helm over Jhakri. Well, depends on the rest of the gear from update on how soon lol
By SimonSes 2020-07-07 19:22:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Does that account for the set bonus from Amalric +1? Should be +4MAB higher with the former set vs Cohort+1 no? 33+20+10(set)+41(jhakri)

Its what I wrote, just I wrote it as -4 on Cohort vs Amalric, instead of +4 on Amalric vs Cohort :P

Asura.Sechs said: »
If you only have 2 pieces of Amalric+1 set the set bonus is gonna be +20, not +10.
This would lead to a +14 Mab difference compared to Cohort Cloak +1.

Its very unlikely to have only 2 pieces. Generally you use gloves and feet and usually also legs.
By SimonSes 2020-07-07 19:32:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Stamos said: »
Probably will get it. Though, I use a DM augmented Herculean Helm over Jhakri. Well, depends on the rest of the gear from update how soon lol

I have 42mab/20macc herc head too, but it also doesnt seems to be better. With amalric body +1 it has 15 mab advantage, but loses:
18 INT
7 STR
8 DEX
21 VIT
14 AGI
30 MND
22 CHR
37~47macc

So yeah, for some spells that 15 mab should beat more stats on Cohort +1, but for other probably not. macc difference is big too, would be even bigger if you dont have macc on your DM augment. On the other hand you could also have perfect +50 mab augment, which would be clearly better for damage.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2020-07-07 19:34:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, will be getting it either way for macc at least. Think I've tossed the +1 at least 10 times lol
By Draylo 2020-07-07 19:36:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Where do you see those augments?
By SimonSes 2020-07-07 19:37:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Where do you see those augments?

They teased 2 augments in the video. Other are unknown still.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-07-08 00:01:07
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Its very unlikely to have only 2 pieces.
AHEM...

<_<''
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-07-08 04:38:14
Link | Quote | Reply

So Aurist Cape +1 Aug vs Cornflower Cape aug.

My cornflower (with augs) is: STR+5 INT+5 MND+5, DEX+3, Acc+5, Macc+15, Mab+15, BLU skill +15

Compared to Aurist+1 which now is Acc/Macc/Int/Mnd +33, but has no Mab.

For stuff like Stun spells Aurist+1 should win? Even if BLU skill converts 1:1 to Macc (I doubt) it would still be 30 vs 33, and much more Acc.
Same thing for BLU spells where you want to focus on Macc.

I'm more puzzled for generic BLU spells where you want to deal magic damage because I'm not sure what role does the BLU skill play there. Just macc? Or some damage too?
If it's just macc we're comparing:

INT+5, Macc+30, Mab+15
vs
INT+33, Macc+33

What would win? For INT based BLU spells the latter, for everything non-INT based the former?
By SimonSes 2020-07-08 07:32:56
Link | Quote | Reply

So Aurist Cape +1 Aug vs Cornflower Cape aug.

My cornflower (with augs) is: STR+5 INT+5 MND+5, DEX+3, Acc+5, Macc+15, Mab+15, BLU skill +15

Compared to Aurist+1 which now is Acc/Macc/Int/Mnd +33, but has no Mab.

For stuff like Stun spells Aurist+1 should win? Even if BLU skill converts 1:1 to Macc (I doubt) it would still be 30 vs 33, and much more Acc.
Same thing for BLU spells where you want to focus on Macc.

I'm more puzzled for generic BLU spells where you want to deal magic damage because I'm not sure what role does the BLU skill play there. Just macc? Or some damage too?
If it's just macc we're comparing:

INT+5, Macc+30, Mab+15
vs
INT+33, Macc+33

What would win? For INT based BLU spells the latter, for everything non-INT based the former?

Ambu cape with int +30, mab +10, macc +20 for every nuke
Aurist maybe could compete for Scouring Spate, not sure.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-07-08 08:45:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I appreciate that but I was trying to compare item A with item B!
In not interested in item C lol
By SimonSes 2020-07-08 08:53:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I appreciate that but I was trying to compare item A with item B!
In not interested in item C lol

but why!

Seriously tho, none will tell you that. Most damage comparison for BLU nukes in this thread were just tests in game. Afaik none is calculating that, especially for sub par options (like I said ambu cape is best and also easiest to get) and probably none has Aurist yet, so you will need to wait a little :P
[+]
 Shiva.Xelltrix
Server: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2020-07-08 09:09:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I've tossed that +1 Cloak like 12 times, grr. And I actually tossed it again this week farming for pops since I really really didn't think that Cloak would ever matter. Thankfully I have a pretty awesome Herc head aug, but I will have to go back and compare it for each of my nukes on paper to make sure I don't have to hit myself for tossing the cloak again.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-07-08 09:55:38
Link | Quote | Reply

but why!
Inventory constraints! I already have those 2 capes in my inventory for other reasons, even though I'm not currently using Aurist+1 on BLU. Upgrading that wouldn't be an Inventory+1 for me and it *could* be an upgrade to my current BLU sets, where I mostly rely on my Cornflower Cape for the majority of things.

Try to mantain 12 geared up jobs on the same character and you'll know what I mean! XD

Quote:
Seriously tho, none will tell you that. Most damage comparison for BLU nukes in this thread were just tests in game. Afaik none is calculating that, especially for sub par options (like I said ambu cape is best and also easiest to get) and probably none has Aurist yet, so you will need to wait a little :P
That's perfectly understandable, I was expecting some personal hunches, expectations, wild guesses, not necessarily perfect math stuff! xD
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-07-08 10:00:52
Link | Quote | Reply

That's perfectly understandable, I was expecting some personal hunches, expectations, wild guesses, not necessarily perfect math stuff! xD

Too many spells, too many variables. You can try to go back in thread and find some other tests involving mab vs int comparisons for other items and try to guess using that info :)
Server: Odin
user: tallica
By Odin.Kingofthenorth 2020-07-08 14:20:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone mind posting their Expiacion set? I wanna see how off I am. Thanks in advance.
By SimonSes 2020-07-08 14:44:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kingofthenorth said: »
Someone mind posting their Expiacion set? I wanna see how off I am. Thanks in advance.

ItemSet 362899

SoA ring is better than Ilabrat, but I don't like including it in sets, because of the limited access to it.
 Asura.Akaden
By Asura.Akaden 2020-07-08 14:57:28
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 362899

SoA ring is better than Ilabrat, but I don't like including it in sets, because of the limited access to it.

Aren't Jhakri Pigaches +2 better unless you get a wicked DM augment on feet?
Even with a non-DM +9STR, +30acc/atk, +5wsd I don't know if that would beat jhakri because of the +33 int there.

edit: pigaches +2
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-07-08 15:14:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Akaden said: »
Even with a non-DM +9STR, +30acc/atk, +5wsd I don't know if that would beat jhakri because of the +33 int there.

33 INT with 30% modifier is probably around ~2.5% increase in WS damage. So it will be almost the same. I guess if you don't want to play with augments, it will be good alternative. That being said this Herc feet are there with DM augment in mind, so kinda my bad :P
Server: Odin
user: tallica
By Odin.Kingofthenorth 2020-07-08 15:51:08
Link | Quote | Reply

My herc are 6 dex, some acc and 5 wsdmg. Missed last campaign.
By SimonSes 2020-07-08 15:58:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I would use Jhakri then. Damage potential will be almost equal for both, but Jhakri have much better acc/att.
By tallica 2020-07-08 16:05:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I would use Jhakri then. Damage potential will be almost equal for both, but Jhakri have much better acc/att.
Thanks
 Asura.Akaden
By Asura.Akaden 2020-07-08 18:10:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Akaden said: »

33 INT with 30% modifier is probably around ~2.5% increase in WS damage. So it will be almost the same. I guess if you don't want to play with augments, it will be good alternative. That being said this Herc feet are there with DM augment in mind, so kinda my bad :P

Hmm. I have a solid str+9, wsd+4%, acc/atk +30ish non-dm aug. IIRC, in testing a while back I was amazed that it lost to Jhakri. But testing again today, it seems to be about break-even. Very very close. But also FAR easier to obtain.
[+]
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2020-07-09 10:51:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I...never really considered jhakri feet before for Expi. I just use my STR13/ATK15/WSD4 herc boots which I think should be better but it's worth a number crunch and some testing I suppose.
 Asura.Akaden
By Asura.Akaden 2020-07-09 10:55:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lunafreya said: »
I...never really considered jhakri feet before for Expi. I just use my STR13/ATK15/WSD4 herc boots which I think should be better but it's worth a number crunch and some testing I suppose.
I do think they'd be better.

Technically Herc boots also have TA+2 on them. So I switched over to them since they're so close. I must have tested really poorly the first time (this was months ago) because my aug and jhakri are really close in damage now, outside of multiattack.
First Page 2 3 ... 386 387 388 ... 445 446 447