The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 347 348 349 ... 445 446 447
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2018-10-21 01:08:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Only the +2 is superior to Fotia for CDC. However, even an NQ Mirage Stole at max rank would be superior to Fotia for SB/Expiacion. When factoring in the TP proc, the NQ and Fotia would likely be close, but +1/+2 are large damage boosts.

Max rank +2 neck is a slight upgrade to TP damage, a teeny tiny boost to CDC damage when disregarding the TP proc, a great option for SB, and absolutely amazing for Expiacion.
 Sylph.Gobbo
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2018-10-24 03:25:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there was an updated spreadsheet floating around available for download?
 Shiva.Francisco
Server: Shiva
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2018-10-29 01:59:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone ever done testing to see if Phys. spells benefit from Fotia Belt/Gorget (and WSD+ gear) under the effect of Chain Affinity?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-10-29 02:13:14
Link | Quote | Reply

It's been done, and no it doesn't
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2018-10-29 15:07:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sorry if this was asked recently, what is the typical spell set used to farm Salvage II? (I'll try backreading more in a bit but in case someone has a link/an idea when it was posted, or an updated version)

Both for 60 and max pts. I used to just blindly use the basic 60pts set but I realized that I wasn't doing what I should be doing, but I'm not too sure what combo of spell is "optimal" for this purpose.
 Asura.Sirtaint
Server: Asura
user: Taint
By Asura.Sirtaint 2018-10-29 15:20:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone spreadsheet the R15 weapon hierarchy?

Tizona/Almace seems like the safe bet but Almace gaining CDC+10 and DEx+20 makes me wonder if it’s too good of a mainhand to pass up.
[+]
By Odin.Kuroganashi 2018-10-29 15:55:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
I don't know where a lot of the info today has been coming from, but the big one I need to address is AF+3 body for CDC. Do not do that. WSD is crap for CDC.

Abnoba is great and a really well-augmented Herc vest (10+ DEX, 4 CDMG) is best. Abnoba is perfectly fine if you don't want to play Oseem's Wild Ride.

I agree 100% on that.
By Odin.Kuroganashi 2018-10-29 16:03:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lunafreya said: »
tyalangan said: »
It will decrease DPS but by such a small percentage it will go unnoticed. You really just want DEX15 and a special roll (crit/multiatk) for CDC.

For example, my DMG9 DEX15 (ignoring other augments) is .29% less DPS but 1% increase in Weapon Skill Damage average than a DMG15 DEX3. DMG0 DEX15 is less DPS than both the above augments and sits in between the two on Weapon Skill Damage average (.5%~ decrease from DMG9 DEX15).

Thanks, that makes sense. Should I prioritize the special stats over DEX or vice versa? It sounds like DEX should be priority and then worry about the rest.

For example, I think I have gotten a DEX13 Crit Rate 3 roll but I opted to keep the DEX8 Dbl Atk 4 (with the +13 acc/atk) because I thought that would be better.

-----

I have also been messing with the rest of my CDC set the last few days. I was previously stacking as much Triple Atk with Acc/Atk on my Herculean pieces as possible (not even worrying about DEX honestly) but after some research in this thread it seems like Crit Rate/Dmg is the way to go. Could be placebo but I feel like after making that switch my damage hasn't been as good (tested on some fodder, Quetz, apex bats) or you just don't get the occasional huge spike you would with stacking the triple attack.

Here is my recently adjusted set:

ItemSet 350394

Herc Vest: DEX 15, Attack 30, Crit Dmg +4%

Herc Legs: DEX 14 Acc 23, Attack 14, Crit Dmg+2%

Herc Feet: DEX 15, Acc 23, Attack 23, Crit Rate + 3%

Rosmerta's is DEX30, Acc/Atk20, Crit Rate 10.

Both Bonnet/Wristbands are on the DEX/AGI/Accuracy path.

Maybe I am missing something else or just haven't tested properly. Comparing mine to the Dream/High tier sets in the OP it seems like this should be a pretty good set.
here is my Current set for CDC :

ItemSet 338928

Mantle: DEX+30 ACC+20 ATK+20 Crit hit rate+10%
Adhemar Head / Hands: DEX/AGI/ACC+
Moonshade Earring: TP Bonus+250 ACC+4
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2018-10-29 16:06:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kuroganashi said: »
I don't know where a lot of the info today has been coming from, but the big one I need to address is AF+3 body for CDC. Do not do that. WSD is crap for CDC.

Abnoba is great and a really well-augmented Herc vest (10+ DEX, 4 CDMG) is best. Abnoba is perfectly fine if you don't want to play Oseem's Wild Ride.

I agree 100% on that.

I don't even know how long ago that post was, but with the current WSD bug, you 100% should be using AF+3 body for CDC.

EDIT: I just checked, and that post is from April 17th. Why did you go back 6 1/2 months to post that?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-29 16:16:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Look at the poster, you shouldn't have any further questions
[+]
 Shiva.Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2018-10-29 16:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply

So obviously DEX+30, WSD+10% mantle is the best for CDC, but barring that (monthly cape lock out), which cape wins; STR+30, WSD+10% vs DEX+30, Crit+10%?
 Fenrir.Soothsayer
Server: Fenrir
user: Darcc
By Fenrir.Soothsayer 2018-10-29 17:03:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Francisco said: »
So obviously DEX+30, WSD+10% mantle is the best for CDC, but barring that (monthly cape lock out), which cape wins; STR+30, WSD+10% vs DEX+30, Crit+10%?

I'm not a doctor but I'd wager Dex/Crit
[+]
By DaneBlood 2018-10-30 23:39:32
Link | Quote | Reply

A quick checkup
Are we still rolling adheaer head with path B (STR,DEX,ATK) for TP over path A ( AGI DEX ACC)?
By Autocast 2018-10-30 23:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

depends entirely on your acc needs of course. If you need that accuracy then Path A wins, if you don't, then path B wins. As simple as that.

Take into account the targets you generally use blu on, the buffs you have available to you and what other swaps you can/will be making.

Or you can get both, or you can simply change the augment for minor silt fee whenever you need.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2018-10-31 00:05:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Autocast said: »
depends entirely on your acc needs of course. If you need that accuracy then Path A wins, if you don't, then path B wins. As simple as that.

Take into account the targets you generally use blu on, the buffs you have available to you and what other swaps you can/will be making.

Or you can get both, or you can simply change the augment for minor silt fee whenever you need.

TY i went with path B as i did Path A on gloves

With the new WSD bug. NQ adhemar gloves vs jhakris+2 ? for CDC?
The guides recomeends adhemar +1 wuth not any recommendation on a tier below
By Autocast 2018-10-31 00:23:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Jhakri+2 beats NQ hands, both paths (not by much, will prob depend on your overall WS set).

HQ hands, both paths beat jhakri+2, by a lot.

HQ hands with HQ head for set bonus destroy all.
 Shiva.Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2018-11-01 01:57:34
Link | Quote | Reply

One thing I think the OP could use is a decent hybrid set:

Not perfect, but I've been using this for a lot of random content (some Ambuscade, U/O HTBF, etc...)

ItemSet 362673

(TA+4% augments on Herc, DEX/STP/Acc/Atk/DT on cape)

PDT: -50%
MDT: -35%
Acc: 1239/1214
Atk: 1056/968 (lacking here for sure)
Store TP: 16
Double Attack: +14%
Triple Attack: +12%
Converts 5% of damage taken to MP*

* I like this little boost to MP recovery on some fights, especially since I haven't finished Tizona yet... it's pretty significant, as even with all that -DT gear, you can still take some significant damage. I've seen some of Ultima's TP moves do ~1700 on (D) when out of -DT gear...

Not great compared to Adhemar/Herc mix with good DPS accessories, and it makes it a bit less likely you'll be getting solo skillchains off, even with Flutter/MG up - but it makes fights like "One To Be Feared (D)" much easier (Pile Pitch becomes a total non-issue, unless it hits you mid-WS for instance).

There's certainly better options for some slots than what I put in there, so if anyone wants to chime in with a better set, by all means...
By Autocast 2018-11-01 02:34:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I think people need to understand there is a difference between a hybrid set and a defensive turtle set. Feel like people give up too much offensive power when they design their hybrid sets.

Mighty guard up: Switch head to Adhemar+1 pathD (depending on acc needs), hands to Adhemar+ pathA/B, Belt to reiki Yotai, Suppa to Ebani. pretty significant DD gains for minimal defensive losses.

Mighty guard down: Cape DA to DW, Brutal to Suppa, Herc feet DW+5 aug, rest the same as above.

Also suggest dropping the Gelatinous ring+1 in favor of a more DD oriented ring depending on your needs, like Epona.

with that said I'm all for having a set with capped PDT and MDT as well as a refresh/mp convert set as the situation demands,and several more defensive sets to fit your needs, but for general "hybrid" you dont, and a lot of times shouldnt, have to go full turtle.
By geigei 2018-11-01 02:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

All my hybrids are 25%-30% dt, many full dt sets around here are called hybrids w/o reason.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-01 02:58:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Dring = hybrid, that's it. Cape already has dt in standard set.
[+]
By Boshi 2018-11-01 04:54:13
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what I use for Erratic only (mg down)

sets.engaged.DW['DW: 30-35'] = set_combine(sets.engaged.DW, {
ear1="Eabani Earring",ear2={name="Suppanomimi", priority=1},--9
body={ name="Adhemar Jacket +1", augments={'STR+12','DEX+12','Attack+20',}}, --6
back={ name="Rosmerta's Cape", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','DEX+10','"Dual Wield"+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}},--10
waist="Reiki yotai", --7
})--4+5+6+10+7=32
 Asura.Finbar
user: Finbar
By Asura.Finbar 2018-11-10 01:13:45
Link | Quote | Reply

So, going back to our old CDC sets, is the dream tier set in the guide accurate? Shouldn't Mache +1 beat Brutal for the second earring, if not Moonshade? Adhemar Jacket +1 should beat other options if not attack capped (assuming Adhemar +1 hands and head). I've also been wondering how Ilabrat compares to Begrudging. I'm a bit perplexed that Ilabrat beat Begrudging in the glitched set where crit was lacking, but doesn't beat it in the dream set with crit abound.

(Or, a link to the relevant spreadsheet and I'll plug things in.)
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2018-11-10 04:28:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, these sheets should accurately simulate the new augments for Tizona and Almace. I'm no expert, so if anybody notices issues, please let me know.

If anybody knows how to accurately implement Raetic/+1 functionality, I would very much appreciate advice, as that's the last big thing that's missing.

I'll do my best to get everything on the front page 100% up-to-date this weekend. I've been meaning to do it for weeks, but life has intruded often.

EDIT: Had the incorrect sheets uploaded before I properly had the CDC augment working for Almace. This folder has the correct files.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4lx41ip39vf36c1/AABfFLomT3_IrxiVtoVd8mDJa?dl=0
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-11-10 04:31:34
Link | Quote | Reply

the store tp would be hard. i don't know enough about excel to have any easy way to do it. for the FUA, you could make a cell that allows a user to enter their total MP and for your average hits per round for that hand just do average hits per round += (floor(MP / 20) / 100)
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2018-11-12 23:44:12
Link | Quote | Reply

All gearsets on the front page have been updated. I still intend to update a lot of the actual discussion and information within the guide, specifically weapon descriptions, but most people go straight to gear, so I wanted that done first.

I added in a couple Sanguine specific sets, as they differ from MAB quite a bit with our WSD options.

I also added my hybrid set for comparison. I am not saying that it is the set you should use, rather just sharing my current setup. Adjust to your situation and personal preferences.

If anybody has questions, suggestions, complaints, or what have you, feel free to share.
[+]
By Boshi 2018-11-13 08:07:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Relic set minus legs for physical spells.

Orpheus sash for Sanguine.

Jhakri feet for expi but not for savage

edit: Epa Ring probably beats Shiva+1 for Sanguine also
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-11-13 09:11:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, these sheets should accurately simulate the new augments for Tizona and Almace. I'm no expert, so if anybody notices issues, please let me know.
45% for `Tizona Aug` would be wrong if you don't want to add a new cell for the new term use 49.5%.

1.3 x 1.15 = 1.495%
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2018-11-13 14:48:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Boshi said: »
Relic set minus legs for physical spells.

Orpheus sash for Sanguine.

Jhakri feet for expi but not for savage

edit: Epa Ring probably beats Shiva+1 for Sanguine also

Updated, thank you. Surprisingly, I still have 10STR/4WSD Herc boots beating Jhakri +2 for Expiacion, even with their huge INT contribution, so I added a note on the second set mentioning them.

Asura.Chiaia said: »
45% for `Tizona Aug` would be wrong if you don't want to add a new cell for the new term use 49.5%.

1.3 x 1.15 = 1.495%

I completely missed that testing, thank you for bringing it up. I assumed the bonus would be additive, so that's my mistake. Updated the sheets to reflect proper values.
[+]
By Boshi 2018-11-13 17:40:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't really mess around much with cure stuff but I guess you could toss Su3 stuff in the cure set somewhere.

I would assume body+legs are solid locks.

edit:

I overlooked this but the crafted neck for Physical Spells also. str25/dex25.

Maybe a good idea is a note to list the mods for Sinker and Thrashing I that since those are really the only 2 used Physical spells anymore.

Could add a note for thrashing: Ilabrat Ring is a definite toss I that set, I bet mache+1 do well.
 Sylph.Gobbo
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2018-11-15 15:06:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I was wondering if we had a better understanding on the relationship between Blue Magic Skill, dStat, straight Magic Accuracy, and the additional effects of spells. I noticed I was a Marine Stewpot's worth of M.Acc short of going from a lousy unreliable Sudden Lunge land rate and an almost guarantee it'll land every cast on Dyna Wave 3 mobs and wanted to get a better grasp what my true M.Acc looked like.
First Page 2 3 ... 347 348 349 ... 445 446 447