Asura.Extract
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: deezydabs
By Asura.Extract 2016-05-29 04:33:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Asura.Extract said: »
Anyway you can post what spells you set for DD?
DW2(4):
delta thrust
molting plumage
barbed crescent
----------------------
STP2(4):
diffusion ray
sudden lunge
fantod
-----------------------
Triple Attack:
empty thrash
heavy strike
thrashing assault
------------------------
Offensive Job Traits:
sinker drill (Crit. Atk. Bonus)
paralyzing triad (Skillchain Bonus)
----------------------------
Offensive Utility:
nat. meditation
tenebral crush
erratic flutter
---------------------------
Defensive Utility:
cocoon
white wind
barrier tusk
occultation
---------------------------
Misc. Leftovers
glutinous dart (For STR3/DEX3 attributes)
Regurgitation (1 spell point left over, so what the hell. Damage+Overwriting Bind has had its uses)

Took out crush for anvil lightning (20ish acc plus DEX+8) removed whitewind for battery charge and magic fruit also didnt use regurg everything else is the same
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-05-29 04:42:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Should absolutely keep Tenebral Crush if what you're fighting isn't resistant to the defense down effect and you aren't already capping ratio. If you're adamant on setting Anvil Lightning, I'd probably drop Diffusion Ray and Glutinous Dart instead.
[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2016-05-29 05:18:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Selindrile said: »
Windbuffet+1 belt and Suppa and remain 1 DW under cap?

or Shetal belt and Cessance ?

(I don't expect to buy Adhemar Body +1 any time soon if ever.)

Thanks in advance if anyone knows off the top of their head or has the spreadsheet handy, for some reason on my computer it always crashes openoffice after loading for like 5 minutes.

(Also with and without AM3 if that matters, I'm assuming at least with AM3 up the 1% DW wins due to it devaluing multiattack, though I don't have Tizona yet but it's probably getting completed eventually.)

Depending if you have DW4 set NQ adhemar body will cap you on DW, no it wont im a derp but meh to the 1 DW off, when you have cappend magic haste. With Windbuffet belt+1 no mythic AM can devalue it's stats considering it's TA+2 and QA+2. It's also a lil different for dual wielders since you have an offhand weapon that benefits from the full effect of any multiattack piece. Its pretty much only the 2 handers that drop DA for other stats.

I don't have my adhemar body yet, since Pakecet never wants to put out, but when magic haste is capped this is the set I'm going to be using though no REAM.

ItemSet 253280

Incase you you wondering augments are.
Nibiru: acc path
Adhemar head: acc path
Adhemar body: will be acc path
Adhemar hands: att path
Samnuha Tights: capped
Herculean feet: dex+7 acc+32 att+28 TA+4

With DW4 set and capped magical haste its 1 off delay though for now im using suppa instead of cessance and living with the 1 DW from cap in either set. For the minute and a bit I'm not capped with magic haste I switch out for Taeon Cap with str/dex+7 acc+19 DW+5, Taeon legs with str+9 acc+13 DW+5 and Taeon body with dex+5 acc/att+19 DW+4 still not quite capped yet 2 off and 1 off with adhemar I do plan on making a DW cape next month for when magic haste isn't capped. Still need to finish my DA one lol.
By Selindrile 2016-05-29 05:37:24
Link | Quote | Reply

With DW4 set you should need 6 to cap, right? so Adhemar NQ is only 5, unless I'm mistaken.
By Creaucent Alazrin 2016-05-29 05:39:32
Link | Quote | Reply

With DW4 set you should need 6 to cap, right? so Adhemar NQ is only 5, unless I'm mistaken.

Edit: yeah I've just seen it's 5 always thought it was 6.
By Selindrile 2016-05-29 05:42:06
Link | Quote | Reply

So yeah, basically asking if it's better to give up the 1% DW for all the multiattack on windbuffet.
By Creaucent Alazrin 2016-05-29 05:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

The multiattack is better I'm able to self SC every time in that set above with rawhide body and Suppa.
By Selindrile 2016-05-29 05:54:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm able to self SC every time with either, just wondering what the spreadsheet says is higher total DPS, and the spreadsheet doesn't work well on my pC.
By Creaucent Alazrin 2016-05-29 06:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

At work atm or I'd check it again but I'm pretty sure I had windbuffet+1 and cessance winning. If you really want to fully cap go with windbuffet+1 and Suppa since you get the sword skill fom that and no offensive stats on shetal.

Wonder it I'd put on DW5 on it by mistake hence why delay was capped with just adhemar body that might be why it put wind/cessance better than wind/suppa.
By Selindrile 2016-05-29 07:08:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Right, that was my question the whole time, assuming Adhemar NQ, DW3 (1+2), Suppa+Windbuffet or Shetal + Cessance, which was superior, could also go DW4 and just Adhemar, but not sure if I want to lose the extra set points.
 Shiva.Nokturnall
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Nokturnall 2016-05-29 10:13:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Creaucent Alazrin said: »

We can't be friends.
[+]
 Sylph.Ice
Server: Sylph
user: Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2016-05-29 15:41:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nokturnall said: »
Creaucent Alazrin said: »

We can't be friends.

Yeah, seriously. That's not cool.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-05-29 16:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Windbuffet+1 belt and Suppa and remain 1 DW under cap?

or Shetal belt and Cessance ?

(I don't expect to buy Adhemar Body +1 any time soon if ever.)

Thanks in advance if anyone knows off the top of their head or has the spreadsheet handy, for some reason on my computer it always crashes openoffice after loading for like 5 minutes.

(Also with and without AM3 if that matters, I'm assuming at least with AM3 up the 1% DW wins due to it devaluing multiattack, though I don't have Tizona yet but it's probably getting completed eventually.)
OpenOffice really doesn't like the DPS spreadsheets for some reason. No idea why, but I recall having the same issue with any sheet I tried. I just stick to Google Sheets now.

As far as Suppa/Windbuffet +1 vs Cessance/Shetal, go with the former. Shetal isn't a very good option since it's just DW+5 (unless you're not eating food, even then it's not much), while Windbuffet +1 packs a huge punch. Generally speaking I wouldn't worry too much about DW in the waist unless Reiki Yotai is an option.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-05-29 16:26:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, losing 1 DW for 2TA and 2QA is a trade-off I will happily make. There is a chance that Reiki Yotai will beat both if you have an excellent Herculean Vest, but exact results will depend on the rest of your gear.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-05-29 19:11:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Blue Mage is not your typical "mage" job. Don't get me wrong; our magical capabilities are exceptionally potent, particularly when it comes to AoE damage, but we lack some traditional mage aspects.

1. Don't forget about Mighty Guard. Between Diffusion MG and regular MG, that should allow you to maintain haste cap for approximately 8 1/2 minutes with a 10 minute cooldown. During situations like that, you need a total of 36% DW total to cap delay reduction. With just Haste 2, you need 56%.

Also, Taeon is just very very behind in terms of current gear. Do you have any friends that can help you through Zi'Tah, Ru'Aun, Sinister Reign, and Reisenjima? If so, please do not spend any time augmenting Taeon for offensive purposes and instead look to those areas. You'll be finding huge upgrades to Taeon from every event I listed. Building DW focused Taeon was fine before, but we now have tons of superior alternatives that don't sacrifice nearly as much as Taeon does.

2. Unless you're capping attack ratio, Chaos roll will provide drastically more benefit than Fighter's roll. My staple buffs from COR or when I'm on COR are SAM and Chaos, as they're just ridiculously good.

3. /WAR is still our best melee DD subjob.

For your weapons, I again need to suggest that you look to other content. Claideamhs are pretty outdated at the moment. If you have friends capable of clearing the 135 Sarama Unity fight, try to do that and get a Tanmogayi +1 for your mainhand. For your off-hand, grab a Nibiru Blade path A from Zi'Tah and eventually work towards getting a Colada from Reisenjima and augmenting that.

STP was a good choice for your cape, but I highly suggest building another crit cape for CDC. It provides an enormous damage boost and also allows you to use begrudging ring, which is yet another damage boost.

I cannot say if STP or DA are the best for you, as they are heavily dependent on your other gear choices. However, do know that STP is a generally very good back piece for BLU, so even if there is a difference between the two options, it would most likely be minimal.

In terms of how to play BLU, it depends on what you want to be doing. From what you've mentioned, I assume that you want to be a DD with it. In that regard, it's played just like pretty much any other DD, just with utility options. Hit things, get TP, WS, hit things some more, WS again. You want to keep Tenebral Crush active on the enemy (assuming it's not just trash mobs or something) and Mighty Guard on your party for the extra magic haste and defenses.

Magic bursting is not a generally recommended activity when you're focusing on melee damage. Your spells will be fairly weak because you do not have magic attack bonus traits set in a DD spellset and you are also going to be using weapons that lack MAB and macc. Another drawback to our magic bursting is that we can only do it when Burst Affinity is available, either every 2 minutes or every 1 1/2 minutes with merits.

BLU magic damage, as I mentioned in the beginning, is VERY powerful, but you need to dedicate your spells to that purpose. BLU has the unique opportunity to fill literally any role in a party. I'm not over-exaggerating when I say any role. However, you need to properly build your spells, traits, and gear to fill those roles.

There is a ton of information behind playing Blue Mage, so don't try to delve into everything all at once. Read through the OP for this guide, consult Spicy's guide, and just ask questions in the thread to get a grasp on everything.

EDIT: Sorry to anybody who has other BLU guides/resources that I did not suggest. I have horrendous memory and can't remember what everything is called and where it's located.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-05-30 01:35:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiny toys woo~
[+]
 Asura.Keaddo
user: Kadas
By Asura.Keaddo 2016-05-30 02:04:39
Link | Quote | Reply

hot shiny toys
 Odin.Brocovich
user: Brocovich
By Odin.Brocovich 2016-05-30 16:24:06
Link | Quote | Reply

With 1200JP and /WAR BLU can get traits like:
DW 3-5
Store TP 5
Acc-bonus 3+
Att-Bonus 3+
Double attack
Triple attack
Crit-attack-bonus
And you can set them all at the same time and still have room for support spells.

Also CDC is one of the best weaponskills in game, since it has a high ftp (2.25) which carries across all multi hit procs (with fotia belt/neck and some multiattack procs you can get 15+ ftp), a high mod (80% DEX), which also gives you acc and crit-rate and on top BLU can get lots of crit-dmg+ traits/gear.

But i think the biggest issue with other DDs is that they need much more support than BLU. They need Haste/Haste2, marches....
BLU caps magic haste with flutter/MG, can cure/erase pt members and has defensive buffs like cocoon, barrier tusk, magic shield....
[+]
 Odin.Brocovich
user: Brocovich
By Odin.Brocovich 2016-05-30 16:26:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sandraa said: »
1000% Chant du Cygne 2.25, 3.25 second Hit, 4.25 Third Hit, 5.25 DW Extra Hit?

"This weaponskill has its fTP transferred across all hits..."

so it is 3x 2.25 + 2.25 for your offhand swing + 2.25 for every multiattack proc.
With Fotia belt/neck you can replace 2.25 with 2.45
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-05-30 16:38:21
Link | Quote | Reply

A Blue Mage's power comes from the large amount of utility that they bring to a team while also dealing exceptional damage.

Utility: No other melee in the game can cap magic haste by themselves. Flutter + Mighty Guard is 45% magic haste, actually taking you over the cap. This completely eliminates the need for haste buffers, such as BRDs. Barrier Tusk, cocoon, Occultation, Magic Barrier, Saline Coat, and Diamondhide are all excellent defensive abilities for either the BLU or their party. White Wind is a great AoE heal, Winds of Promyvion is an AoE erase, and Magic Fruit is a pretty cheap Cure 4. Tenebral Crush is 20% defense down on the enemy. BLU is one of the most resilient melees that also contributes greatly to a party.

Damage: With good gear, you will easily see 20k+ Chant Du Cygne's on just about everything, and that's being conservative. CDC is one of the absolute best weaponskills in the game right now, and the gear/traits BLU has access to even further escalates its strength. A "top-tier" spellset for BLU DD includes:

Dual Wield 3
Store TP 5
Critical damage bonus 3
Accuracy bonus 4
Skillchain Bonus 3
Triple Attack

This also gives us Nature's Meditation, a constant 20% attack boost, only 5% less than Berserk. BLU has the highest access to accuracy gear in the game, as well, which makes it particularly useful for higher-tier content. An LS member of mine quit his SAM after finding out that his max accuracy set on SAM had less accuracy than his regular set on his BLU.

Take note though that you will not achieve amazing results by just picking up the job and grabbing some gear. You NEED to get JP on BLU. It is 100% necessary in order to play the job to its fullest.

All of these factors combined are what make BLU so good right now. People who shout for "BLU ONRY" or something can screw themselves, but BLU is without contest one of the best jobs in the game.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-05-30 16:49:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Just take into consideration that with proper support, WAR and DRK are pretty close with Ragnarok. BLU just eliminates the need for excess support. More than welcome to work on BLU, as I've slowly converted my entire LS to do, I'm just saying that you shouldn't feel a necessity to do so. Play what you enjoy, not what people pigeonhole you into playing.
[+]
 Asura.Sabishii
user: Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2016-05-30 17:01:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
A Blue Mage's power comes from the large amount of utility that they bring to a team while also dealing exceptional damage.

Utility: No other melee in the game can cap magic haste by themselves. Flutter + Mighty Guard is 45% magic haste, actually taking you over the cap. This completely eliminates the need for haste buffers, such as BRDs. Barrier Tusk, cocoon, Occultation, Magic Barrier, Saline Coat, and Diamondhide are all excellent defensive abilities for either the BLU or their party. White Wind is a great AoE heal, Winds of Promyvion is an AoE erase, and Magic Fruit is a pretty cheap Cure 4. Tenebral Crush is 20% defense down on the enemy. BLU is one of the most resilient melees that also contributes greatly to a party.

Damage: With good gear, you will easily see 20k+ Chant Du Cygne's on just about everything, and that's being conservative. CDC is one of the absolute best weaponskills in the game right now, and the gear/traits BLU has access to even further escalates its strength. A "top-tier" spellset for BLU DD includes:

Dual Wield 3
Store TP 5
Critical damage bonus 3
Accuracy bonus 4
Skillchain Bonus 3
Triple Attack

This also gives us Nature's Meditation, a constant 20% attack boost, only 5% less than Berserk. BLU has the highest access to accuracy gear in the game, as well, which makes it particularly useful for higher-tier content. An LS member of mine quit his SAM after finding out that his max accuracy set on SAM had less accuracy than his regular set on his BLU.

Take note though that you will not achieve amazing results by just picking up the job and grabbing some gear. You NEED to get JP on BLU. It is 100% necessary in order to play the job to its fullest.

All of these factors combined are what make BLU so good right now. People who shout for "BLU ONRY" or something can screw themselves, but BLU is without contest one of the best jobs in the game.

On one hand, I'm glad the job I've played since 2006 is FINALLY getting recognition it deserves (always loved playing this job). Was always strong for certain things, like leveling up to 75, you could stun lock mobs and bludgeon spam in EXP parties really easily. You could solo imps at 75 for merits when other people weren't letting us into bird parties because everyone else had a *** for polearm SAMs.

On the other hand, I'm afraid they'll nerf us, like nerfing mighty guard, or CDC, or some ***like that. In all my years of playing, I never would have guessed BLU would've been bandwagoned @_@
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-05-30 17:08:14
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU nerfs are unlikely at this point, and frankly it doesn't need nerfs anyway. There are some changes I would make given the opportunity, but the end result would be pretty similar in overall power level.
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-05-30 17:34:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd be willing to play other DDs if they had Occultation and Cocoon at the least. :/ y u so gud bloo
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-05-30 17:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
BLU nerfs are unlikely at this point, and frankly it doesn't need nerfs anyway. There are some changes I would make given the opportunity, but the end result would be pretty similar in overall power level.

BLU doesn't need a nerf, but CDC is the most absurd 1k tp WS in the game by a very large margin. It didn't used to be, but given the amount of triple attack BLU can get in gear now, you've got a WS that can land seven hits at 2.45ftp(Why would you not use belt+gorget?) that also can crit, which raises the pdif ratio to essentially a 2hd level.

On the other end of things you have Resolution, which is the best 2hd WS provided there are no particular weaknesses. It's ftp scales from 0.96875 to 2.45ftp(why would you not use belt+gorget?). It also does not crit outside of Mighty Strikes. It also has a 0.85 attack mod, meaning you need more attack to cap pdif.

All this said, I do not want to see CDC nerfed. I would much rather see the penalties to 2hd ws removed, or at least lessened. This post is only to highlight the difference between the best 1hd WS and 2hd WS.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-05-30 18:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

8 hits technically, 3 main + 1 offhand + 2x TA procs. It's really the perfect WS in so many ways: high ftp that transfers, great WSC, crits, just the right amount of hits to work with available gear/traits.

A small CDC nerf (fTP 2.25->2.0, a ~10% cut in damage accounting for gorget/belt) is actually one of the things I'd implement in my theoretical world, but it's offset by changing Requiescat to damage varies with TP. This leads to a scenario where BLU's weaponskill selection and TP use is much more dynamic (Savage Blade, CDC, and Requiescat are all viable options depending on TP and skillchain options, BLU's multistep darkness skillchain is more worthwhile, and Sequence can follow it up with umbra) rather than encouraging constant CDC spam. It also makes Sequence more viable as a mainhand. I'm pretty sure that'll never happen though, SE likes the idea of Requiescat as a utility WS too much to give it passable damage potential.

Other things I'd do or at least consider:

-Azure Acumen trait for physical spells. I've talked about this before, still surprises me that SE never added this. Physical spells are bad enough as is; even with the trait they'd still be subpar.
-Allow BLU nukes to MB without BA. The idea simply doesn't work with modern skillchain/MB mechanics. Still limited by range, selection, and overall power of nukes relative to BLM options, but that's fine.
-Reduce CA and BA timers to one minute, with merits adjusted accordingly (50 seconds with 5/5).
-Allow aeonic TPB to work from offhand. Expiacion with Tizona/Sequence gets kind of interesting here, especially once you take into account the previous changes.
First Page 2 3 ... 288 289 290 ... 446 447 448