The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 285 286 287 ... 446 447 448
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-05-11 12:42:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I get Adhemar +1/Suppa > Eabani/Reiki > DW Rosmerta > Adhemar/Suppa. From that perspective, DW Rosmerta's greatest advantage is its strength in both low buff (stacked with other DW items) and high acc (with Olseni/Kentarch +1 and Telos/Dignitary's/Zennaroi) situations.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-05-11 12:52:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I didn't even put in Reiki/Eabani in high haste. So, that works too.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2016-05-11 12:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Stamos said: »
I just keep AM3 up. Since I assume AM3 will always be up, or else would be using Almace.
I do try to do that, but I do have to build the initial 3k and occasionally screw up and ws at 2990* or something. I wasn't sure if there was actually anything worth swapping.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-05-11 13:18:28
Link | Quote | Reply

CDC is Herc Body is 4TA too?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-05-11 13:20:51
Link | Quote | Reply

DEX/critdmg is always the ideal setup for CDC augments.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-05-11 13:21:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ideally you'd want 15 DEX and 3 crit damage for CDC.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-05-11 13:23:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I use Abnoba, but you can make a Herculean body that beats Abnoba. But, it would have to be like perfect with Dex/Crit dmg/high attack/acc
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-05-11 13:48:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lovely. I just adore burning through stones. Its such a fulfilling feeling.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-05-11 13:59:23
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what my sets will be looking like:

No Marches/MG

Marches/MG up

Um... I don't really see any point in a "No Marches" set on BLU. If you don't have marches, you should just be setting Flutter anyway to give yourself Haste II (i.e. capped magical haste with MG, 307/448 without).

So, "Haste II only" should be the lowest magical haste you ever have to plan for on BLU. And that needs DW+56 to cap (trait+gear), with 25/30/35 of that from whichever tier DW III/IV/V trait you have set.

I get that if for some reason you do have Marches, you could free up the spell points and casting time/MP from Flutter... But even then, if you're dealing with only BLU DDs, if you have a BRD you'll prob be better off just using songs that aren't Marches (i.e. Mad/Min) and letting the BLUs Flutter themselves.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-05-11 14:11:17
Link | Quote | Reply

That is in assumption of Flutter always. Was just basically saying capped haste/just flutter. The no marches is just written into my lua along with MG for buffsactive.

I do not have faith in people to haste II me always, unless it is Arciela(since she will overwrite regular haste)

No marches/MG is 31 DW

Second set is 10 there, one short of cap.
[+]
 Cerberus.Jeffil
Server: Cerberus
user: Zelljrc
By Cerberus.Jeffil 2016-05-11 14:50:38
Link | Quote | Reply

OK help me out here.

Isn't erratic flutter + MG capped magic haste?

That 43.75% and the 25% gear haste means you can cap dual wield with DWIII and DW +11 in gear?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-05-11 14:51:49
Link | Quote | Reply

yes
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-05-11 14:57:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
This is what my sets will be looking like:

No Marches/MG

Marches/MG up

Um... I don't really see any point in a "No Marches" set on BLU. If you don't have marches, you should just be setting Flutter anyway to give yourself Haste II (i.e. capped magical haste with MG, 307/448 without).

So, "Haste II only" should be the lowest magical haste you ever have to plan for on BLU. And that needs DW+56 to cap (trait+gear), with 25/30/35 of that from whichever tier DW III/IV/V trait you have set.

What if your haste gets dispelled, silenced, slowed or whatever :x

Should still keep a high dw set to swap in for those situations if you play dw jobs IMO.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
Server: Bismarck
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2016-05-11 15:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply

written into my lua along with MG for buffsactive.
Can you share this please?
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-05-11 15:42:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »

Put haste back up instead of just continuing to melee in a heavier DW set?

I guess I see your point that it's plausible that for some small periods of time you might be without haste and could make a more optimal set for that circumstance, but that's just so uncommon that I don't find it particularly practical.

Of course, I guess I'm also the last person in the world who doesn't use GS, so I'd have to manually change to the (very rarely used) appropriate set. Personally I'd rather just manage a smaller number of TP sets for common scenarios (i.e. delay capped versus haste II only).
 Asura.Arnan
Server: Asura
user: amadis
By Asura.Arnan 2016-05-11 15:49:00
Link | Quote | Reply

personaly i chose a dual wield cape for my 2nd even though i have +1 adhemar body because the benefit of using windbuffet +1 and no dual wield feet when you only have haste 2 is just too good to turn down

Bismarck.Speedyjim said: »

my lua covers everything for capping haste on BLU as far as i know, after testing for ages. the line you want is 1399 then add .HighHaste sets and use existing set as haste 2 only

http://pastebin.com/X5yzZYB2
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-05-11 16:01:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Should add buffactive[580] to that Arnan
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-05-11 16:22:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Ragnarok.Afania said: »

Put haste back up instead of just continuing to melee in a heavier DW set?

I guess I see your point that it's plausible that for some small periods of time you might be without haste and could make a more optimal set for that circumstance, but that's just so uncommon that I don't find it particularly practical.

Of course, I guess I'm also the last person in the world who doesn't use GS, so I'd have to manually change to the (very rarely used) appropriate set. Personally I'd rather just manage a smaller number of TP sets for common scenarios (i.e. delay capped versus haste II only).

That's why I said silenced and slowed, need time to put them back up. Also if mob spams dispel every 5 sec, you may not be able to put spells back up right away.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
Server: Bismarck
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2016-05-11 17:24:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Arnan said: »
personaly i chose a dual wield cape for my 2nd even though i have +1 adhemar body because the benefit of using windbuffet +1 and no dual wield feet when you only have haste 2 is just too good to turn down

Bismarck.Speedyjim said: »

my lua covers everything for capping haste on BLU as far as i know, after testing for ages. the line you want is 1399 then add .HighHaste sets and use existing set as haste 2 only

http://pastebin.com/X5yzZYB2
Will equipSet = equipSet["HighHaste"] work with Motenten's lua's?
 Asura.Arnan
By Asura.Arnan 2016-05-11 18:45:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Should add buffactive[580] to that Arnan

buffactive.Haste == 2 covers GEO-haste
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2016-05-11 18:46:13
Link | Quote | Reply

That's indi/geo haste.
 Asura.Arnan
By Asura.Arnan 2016-05-11 18:47:00
Link | Quote | Reply

just quickly found and edited post but was beat to it lol
 Cerberus.Jeffil
Server: Cerberus
user: Zelljrc
By Cerberus.Jeffil 2016-05-12 07:26:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm ashamed to ask this because I'm a math teacher by trade.

Herculean augments for CDC: Crit rate or Crit damage? Or whichever you get with DEX+10 or more and decent att/acc? Should I just throw Ferns and Taupes at Herc hands, legs, and (whenever I end up getting it) body and eventually end up with that magic combination of dex, att/acc, and crit rate/dmg?

When does crit rate become preferable over crit damage for cdc (or does it?) Is the base crit rate that you get from using Thereoid/Crit rate Rosmertas/Begrudging/other crit rate gear I can't think of (besides Abnoba - damn you Vir'ava!) make it so crit damage is superior on any herc gear you use for CDC?
By geigei 2016-05-12 08:29:22
Link | Quote | Reply

4/5 herculean 15dex/4critdmg/some acc/att bis, head remains adhemar hq.

Never gear for rate over dmg.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-05-12 11:29:30
Link | Quote | Reply

You'd need a pretty steep crit rate penalty for crit rate to overtake crit dmg on Herc augments, around 20~25% depending on gear/situation (assuming capped dDEX still, otherwise adjust accordingly). Not unheard of (Morta's -rate penalty is estimated at 25%), but we don't have enough info on new monsters to accurately gauge how often one encounters that situation. Anecdotally I would guess that it's an exception rather than the rule for melee-friendly content, so 15 DEX/4% critdmg is still the preferable option imo.
[+]
 Asura.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-05-12 12:13:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
You'd need a pretty steep crit rate penalty for crit rate to overtake crit dmg on Herc augments, around 20~25% depending on gear/situation (assuming capped dDEX still, otherwise adjust accordingly). Not unheard of (Morta's -rate penalty is estimated at 25%), but we don't have enough info on new monsters to accurately gauge how often one encounters that situation. Anecdotally I would guess that it's an exception rather than the rule for melee-friendly content, so 15 DEX/4% critdmg is still the preferable option imo.

How much critical rate do we need before we start hearing for critical hit damage? I assume we need critical to happen for critical damage to be boasted? Does that mean we need 20 percent critical rate to start hearing critcAl damage?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-05-12 12:20:45
Link | Quote | Reply

If you start with no +rate/+dmg gear and assume no penalties from the target mob then the two stats are pretty comparable given your baseline critrate for CDC (I elaborated on this topic a few pages back), but +dmg pulls ahead pretty quickly once you account for Rosmerta's, Begrudging Ring, possible use of Abnoba/Herc Vest/Thereoid, etc.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-05-12 12:23:59
Link | Quote | Reply

In theory, the MG/Haste up/down sets are for optimal use and is not really practical for the majority of BLUs. The casual player who isn't really thinking about threading the needle in every 'what if' scenario probably won't lose any sleep about over a mere few seconds of uncapped haste. But this isn't always about practicality, but more about what's optimal and best for each and every scenario.

I personally don't like the idea of having to farm 2-3 more pieces of herculean for BLU just to cover all sets (I'm really behind in this crit dmg jazz, I've been gimping it up and just using TA and adhemah /shame). But if its what will help improve my character, I'll do it....eventually. Probably won't be upset if I never have optimal sets. But man, one thing I will say is that obsessing over slight situational increases causes more stress for me than adding joy at the output stage. I mean, burning through hundreds of stones and not getting the capped crit dmg/dex and some good acc is really heart wrenching, and rough on the wallet.
 Asura.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-05-12 12:32:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
If you start with no +rate/+dmg gear and assume no penalties from the target mob then the two stats are pretty comparable given your baseline critrate for CDC (I elaborated on this topic a few pages back), but +dmg pulls ahead pretty quickly once you account for Rosmerta's, Begrudging Ring, possible use of Abnoba/Herc Vest/Thereoid, etc.

Thanks who's that tonberry npc to check how much tonberry hAte for the begrudging ring?
First Page 2 3 ... 285 286 287 ... 446 447 448