Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sabishii
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2015-08-14 16:59:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Had someone ask me a question about gear. Which is better for nuking, Lengo Pants or Hagondes pants +1? They got a pair of lengo pants from sinister reign. Hagondes pants +1 have some magic damage, and a lot of magic attack, but lengo, whilst having less magic attack and no magic damage, has magic accuracy and +10 INT on it's best augments (plus the sexy refresh +1 and fast cast).
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-08-14 17:18:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Suppose it depends on your augments with Hagondes. But, the real answer is Amalric Slops NQ or HQ with augments beat both
 Asura.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-08-14 17:57:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
I like portal 9, myself. No aggro in the beginning space, and both Hpemdes and Aerns aren't particularly dangerous.

I don't know what I am doing wrong but they give me less cp then I get from leech/eft/raptor in Woh Gates, Morimar #5 "beam up" entrance.

Siren.Kyte said: »
That said, Escha really isn't any slower than Sih Acuex. I wish I had turned on Pointwatch while I was doing it so I could say that quantitatively, though.

I tried Sih Acuexes at J-7 as well and it seems 40 pdt + Cocoon + Barrier Tusk + Occultation isn't enough to gather all of them safely. Does 10% more pdt really make all the difference?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-08-14 18:02:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you gathering all of the acuex, or just the large group in that one hallway? I didn't even bother with Barrier Tusk when I did it and my PDT set isn't capped either.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-08-14 18:10:37
Link | Quote | Reply

First of all, sorry for the MIA since yesterday. Plans ran quite late and I just got home. I'll send my DW data within the hour, Proth. I really want to get to the bottom of this.

Seraph.Jacaut said: »
looking at regearing a friends blu while hes M.I.A. and im looking to get some mel. wings with his pell for a quick boost, what im wondering is claidx2 still pretty viable, or is there something new from recent updates that i should just hold out on? as of now hes sitting on bura/anah. he has no alluvion armor either, but armors seems easier to get then weapons, everyone tends to hate alluvion-rala it seems.

Dual Claids are not a very solid option. Focus on getting one Claid with DMG 13+, acc/atk, and some DA, and it will be an excellent mainhand. Just take into consideration the fact that duskslits can be expensive, and the sword is only a good mainhand with a minimum of 13 additional damage on it. Otherwise it's beat out by a lot of other options. And yes, as was said, Bura will be a good offhand until Nibiru becomes attainable.

Shiva.Chumm said: »
Personally, I cleaved my JPs, as it is a far superior option to melee. However, this requires a capped DT set and a large amount of defensive buffs (occultation, cocoon, barrier tusk, carcharian verve).
Thanks for the tip on Carcharian Verve, I had it but never bothered to use it, it makes a world of difference for cleaving! Stuff like that would be helpful in the OP, all of the guides on AH are sort of like "Here's what the job can accomplish, here's the gear to do it in, here's the descriptions of the JAs" but rarely does anything say how to play the job well. Naturally we all learn with practice, but just describing how you handle some common scenarios like that would go a long way to helping people understand the flow of a BLU fight.

Excellent suggestion, I'll make sure to add in some tips and tricks to the job.

Bahamut.Dannyl said: »
Personally, I cleaved my JPs

Would you mind sharing your spells equipped? I'm near 15/15 on points and would love to get into the cleaving part. Been hesitant cause I'm rather squishy :)

Thanks bud

Barbed Crescent
Delta Thrust (These two are solely for having DW on subjobs that do not have native access to it. I normally /WHM when cleaving for reraise in case I goof and die.)
Searing Tempest (good for Umbrils)
Entomb (Petrify is ridiculous, and the bonus DEF is huge)
Spectral Floe (MAB and terror effect)
Subduction (More MAB and a potent gravity)
Tenebral Crush (Macc and an exceptionally potent nuke against acuex)
Silent Storm (Evasion bonus and another strong nuke)
Occultation (Tons of shadows)
Barrier Tusk (DT)
Cocoon (Defense)
Magic Fruit (Heals)
Dream Flower (Used for acuex pulls when entomb will not petrify)
Glutinous Dart (Pulling and HP boost)
Diamondhide (Very nice stoneskin)
Magic Hammer (Complete MP restore. Ridiculously over powered)
Battery Charge (Gradual MP restore when hammer is on cooldown)
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-08-14 18:16:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Going to need to double post as my last one was ginormous enough.

Asura.Sabishii said: »
Had someone ask me a question about gear. Which is better for nuking, Lengo Pants or Hagondes pants +1? They got a pair of lengo pants from sinister reign. Hagondes pants +1 have some magic damage, and a lot of magic attack, but lengo, whilst having less magic attack and no magic damage, has magic accuracy and +10 INT on it's best augments (plus the sexy refresh +1 and fast cast).

Hagondes pants are still exceptional for nuking if you have a good augment on them (20+). Lengo are an excellent alternative due to high base MAB and some great magic accuracy. If you find yourself lacking macc, Lengo will perform better. As Stamos said, HQ Amalric is our new absolute best nuking set, as the augments and set bonus are disgustingly strong.

Asura.Vinedrius said: »
I like portal 9, myself. No aggro in the beginning space, and both Hpemdes and Aerns aren't particularly dangerous.
That said, Escha really isn't any slower than Sih Acuex. I wish I had turned on Pointwatch while I was doing it so I could say that quantitatively, though.

I don't know what I am doing wrong but they give me less cp then I get from leech/eft/raptor in Woh Gates, Morimar #5 "beam up" entrance.

I tried Sih Acuexes at J-7 as well and it seems 40 pdt + Cocoon + Barrier Tusk + Occultation isn't enough to gather all of them safely. Does 10% more pdt really make all the difference?

Capped DT is quite important, but there are ways around it. If you want, just make two pulls. Grab one half of the hallway, sleep them, grab the other half, pull them to the original, sleep them, then burst affinity Tenebral and take them all out in one shot.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2015-08-14 18:21:51
Link | Quote | Reply

It's best to use Searing Tempest, Blinding Fulgor, and Spectral Floe as your main nukes at that camp, with Subduction and Retinal Glare as backups for taking out the last bit of HP in case of a resist.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-08-14 18:23:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe it's just because I have a stronger set for Tenebral than I do my other nukes (pixie/archon ring), but Tenebral was the most consistent performer when it came to damage out of any of them.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2015-08-14 18:25:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Acuex aren't actually weak to dark. It's doing well due to it just being strong in general. However, the bats are going to resist it pretty badly and they should be killed while waiting on repops.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-08-14 18:29:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, yes, the bats I use entomb > spectral > subduction and they're dead. Even I'm not crazy enough to use dark damage on dark mobs.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-08-14 19:27:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I generally just use my BA for acuex. One Spectral with BA they're all ded
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2015-08-14 20:28:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I do that for the large group, but just use any combination of Spectral, Searing, or Blinding for the other two groups of two that I do separately. The acuex will pretty much always die in 2 non-BA spells and the bats/leeches will usually die in 3 (the third can usually just be Subduction but sometimes I just overkill them since MP is lol). I'll often pull bats into one of those 2 small acuex groupings, which is partly why I don't care for Tenebral at that camp.

The Dullahan/Umbril camp is also workable for when there's plebians taking the Acuex- it just doesn't have the benefit of infinite MP, so you need to go /RDM and take care to be efficient so you'll make it between Convert timers.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-08-14 20:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

You can actually hammer the Umbrils for all your MP needs. Unless those umbrils specifically resist it; I know that I use them as MP refills in Woh.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2015-08-14 21:12:17
Link | Quote | Reply

For some reason I remembered them not having mp- well that removes the one potential inconvenience of that camp!
 Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Ninjaface
By Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface 2015-08-14 21:47:09
Link | Quote | Reply

An updated cleave section/topic would be awesome since it's worth doing again. I know the info is here and there in comments, but having it in one place would be great.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-08-14 22:33:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Completely forgot to set my dark nukes with pixie +1/archon. Had it set only for sanguine
 Shiva.Chumm
Server: Shiva
user: ithorien
By Shiva.Chumm 2015-08-15 04:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vinedrius said: »

I have 50 pdt but otherwise not the most exciting gear. This is more doable for less geared players with 3-4 pulls, like 2 in the big hallway then a single pull for each pair of acuex hanging out near the bats. Of course this isn't as good as taking every acuex at once and getting to spend repop time on bats, but it's much safer and you can still get the whole run done just in time for repops once you get some practice. Also you didn't mention stoneskin in your buff list, it's not enormous but every bit helps. With big pulls I usually had to cure and reapply cocoon after sleeping a pack, but I had to use tenebral > sleep > searing due to mid-tier mab gear.
 Asura.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-08-16 13:42:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Is kentarch belt/kentarch belt +1 possibly BiS in an acc set?
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2015-08-16 13:53:00
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a great option, but Olseni still has more accuracy if you're still at least 6 more from the cap.

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2015-08-16 15:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Savage Blade is definitely better than Expiacion without a Tizona (it's actually still pretty close even with one).

Heartseeker/Dudgeon is really only good in situations where you are completely solo or otherwise with no buffs minus your own.

DW4 would beat out TA in that situation.

On really trashy stuff, Xiuleato has some advantages.

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2015-08-16 15:55:55
Link | Quote | Reply

The DW should still win out, particularly if you're /WAR.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-08-16 18:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply

The guide has been updated.

Changes:
- Added in spells previously missing
- Added in WSC for spells that were missing it
- Updated all gear sets
- Updated trait tiers and spells for those traits
- Added a section for cleaving tactics
- Altered spellsets and added new tiers
- Updated weapon hierarchy and descriptions

Still to come:
- Detailed descriptions of BLU's role in end-game content
- Discussion about reward items from storyline completion
- Discussion about club builds

That will come later. For now, I feel like this:

[+]
 Shiva.Chumm
Server: Shiva
user: ithorien
By Shiva.Chumm 2015-08-16 19:24:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Great updates!

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-08-16 19:40:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I should make a note that explains that Thaumas remains the best overall DPS option (except when using Adhemar set bonus). I just don't list it in sets because it's sometimes difficult to justify it, particularly with the steady rise of irritating AoEs.

Edit: Done.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-08-16 19:42:49
Link | Quote | Reply

You have done well young one. -smokes pipe-
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 188 189 190 ... 446 447 448