The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 121 122 123 ... 446 447 448
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-09-24 07:41:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hyunkyl said: »
Any info/advice on BLU/RUN in salvage 2 farming? Saw it mentionned a couple of times...

I do arrapago/bhaflau often on blu/dnc or blu/war never have any trouble with GoH or fulmintation you can either stun it or stick up saline coat up under 50%. Normally a req > QC > darkness takes a butt load of hp off and you will be getting tp that fast you can kill them rather quick with CDC. For the cerberus ill swap between req and CDC so I dont puy its PDT up to stupid amounts. Ill take rr earring and remedies with me just incase anything does go off.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Kyte 2014-09-24 16:40:27
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU/RUN just makes it less of a headache in my experience. Since Berserk isn't really going to be used and you may not have enough points for TA anyways, you aren't losing anything versus /WAR. If anything, I'd consider /NIN or /THF (to free up points) before /WAR.
 Sylph.Gobbo
Server: Sylph
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2014-09-24 17:08:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hyunkyl said: »
Any info/advice on BLU/RUN in salvage 2 farming? Saw it mentionned a couple of times...

I preferred BLU/DNC for Samba. Early on, utilize Harden Shell, it makes mobs unable to touch you if the lamp wasn't kind on armor unlocks. Bring PDT/MDT builds, PDT for super tanking Triple Gears, mow them down with Whirl of Rage, MDT (with heavy M.Evasion) so you could fight through Fulmination if you're not good at stunning, good build should let you take about 90ish damage from the Terror Attack and Fulm and completely resist Stun/Paralyze. You need about 700ish Evasion to cap evasion on Khim I believe, I forgot the exact number, but it's easily achievable with Delve II armor. Finally, make good use of CDC -> Sinker Drill, it'll completely body him especially with AL up.
[+]
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2014-09-24 17:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you!
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-09-24 17:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
BLU/RUN just makes it less of a headache in my experience. Since Berserk isn't really going to be used and you may not have enough points for TA anyways, you aren't losing anything versus /WAR. If anything, I'd consider /NIN or /THF (to free up points) before /WAR.

Depends on how good you are at stunning and with harden shell berserks def down is negated and the rest of the floors most mobs wont be able to touch you. I don't think ive ever had a run where either mob has gotten me to under half hp even with the odd GoH/AF or fulmintation going off. I never bother setting TH1 anyway since purse drop rates are low.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-09-24 18:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I use /THF and clear in around 30-35 minutes on main (unfortunately, mule's RDM takes more like 40-45 mins.). Really not much of a risk of ever dying unless you fall asleep during a gear pull; subduction has made it even less of a risk since you can just run and heal if you need to (which you shouldnt, you'll always have at least 1 sanguine blade available for each gear pull if you save TP from ramparts). Takes 15 minutes to reach gear floor, 10 minutes to clear gear floor, 10 minutes for chariot floor + boss on average. Could cut even more time, but I kill 3F chigoe and all 4 acroliths (3F Acro only if it's in the first room).
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-09-24 18:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

The new spell sets I use now make me sad. I'm so use to having a couple more support spells and I keep trying to cast them. I really wish they'd give us an ability for a one time use of a non-set spell. Even if it was on a longer timer, there are situations where I'd really like to have those spells but just can't warrant ruining my traits for them.
By Nazrious 2014-09-25 16:07:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
The new spell sets I use now make me sad. I'm so use to having a couple more support spells and I keep trying to cast them. I really wish they'd give us an ability for a one time use of a non-set spell. Even if it was on a longer timer, there are situations where I'd really like to have those spells but just can't warrant ruining my traits for them.

Very much a pick a main role with little corss over at the moment. It is tough but it comes down to how good your back line is and if you are there to DD or provide support, Outside of Erasega and an occasional White Wind (if even this) not much more you should be worrying about in a DD capacity.
By Chimerawizard 2014-09-25 16:23:34
Link | Quote | Reply

A friend asked me to think up a CDC set... My blu is like Lv.9
So how is this?
Iuitl = crit hit+ augments
Ux' & Buremte is DEX & w/e.

ItemSet 328729
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2014-09-25 18:19:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Just look at the set in the OP. The one you listed isn't horribad, but there are a few odd choices in it. The only thing that hasn't been updated in the OP's set is Chiner+1 over Wanion.

Nefarious does appear to be better than a gorget under some circumstances (crappy ratio but capped accuracy), so it isn't a bad choice per se. Buremte gloves w/ DEX and Luhlaza+1 are more or less equivalent.
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2014-09-25 21:29:11
Link | Quote | Reply

When it comes to TP and Iuitl, by how much of a margin do +2 DA augments win over +2 crit rate for head and legs? I managed to get 2 crit rate on both pieces within 1 stack of Wailing +2s, and I really really don't want to use even more money on such a *** augmenting system. Would those still be BiS with crit augments or would Qaaxo overtake them without the 2 DA?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-25 22:17:07
Link | Quote | Reply

The difference is pretty minimal in full did trim, it gets a little wider when you have less multi attack depending on the target and buffs.
 Fenrir.Mefuki
Server: Fenrir
user: Mefuki
By Fenrir.Mefuki 2014-09-26 10:39:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Expiation when used by a 119 Tizona our best WS? Does it beat CDC at any TP level? If so, does anyone have a build for it that I can take my cues from?
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2014-09-26 13:18:02
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 328751

I would have to spend more time that I have right now to figure out what's 100% optimal, but that should give you a good starting point.

It does beat CDC at high TP%, but again, without looking at it more deeply, I'm not sure when that exact point it is. For what it's worth, I often opt to Expiacion at 275%+ even without a Tizona.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-26 21:52:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Nikia said: »
Where do Nomkah. Mittens +1 fit in for BLU or do they?
TP,CDC,etc?

thanks for any feed back.

Good for fodder.
By Nazrious 2014-09-27 17:14:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Managed to get a D ring this morning. Was looking over Pdt set didn't see it but common sense says it would/ should be included, unless I'm missing something?

While pondering over my DT set I started to think of tanking, and what exactly is Blu capable of doing now?

D ring, molluscus mantle, Twilight Torque gives 20 dt can go Qaax path b for acc and pdt, even a Genbu shield.

So any thoughts, or recent experience will a fully decked out tank set and spell set?
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2014-09-27 17:20:56
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU has some of the most powerful defensive abilities in the game, as well as some of the most powerful enmity-generating abilities in the game. So, yes, they can be exceptionally effective as tanks. However, the majority of situations where tanking is actually needed, a PLD or RUN will fill the role better. Their jobs are just more focused on the task is all.

I think Prothescar says it best in the OP, I'm just taking snippets.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-27 17:25:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Nazrious said: »
Managed to get a D ring this morning. Was looking over Pdt set didn't see it but common sense says it would/ should be included, unless I'm missing something?

While pondering over my DT set I started to think of tanking, and what exactly is Blu capable of doing now?

D ring, molluscus mantle, Twilight Torque gives 20 dt can go Qaax path b for acc and pdt, even a Genbu shield.

So any thoughts, or recent experience will a fully decked out tank set and spell set?

Dring isn't included in a lot of recommended DT sets because, even now, it's a fairly uncommon piece and there are lots of easier to obtain items that you can cap with.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2014-09-27 17:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, Dring is obviously best. He just included a setup that doesn't use it to show what you can do if you don't have one.
 Ragnarok.Worldslost
By Ragnarok.Worldslost 2014-09-27 17:36:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone tested pixie hairpin +1 using sanguine blade? Is it worth adding to me set just for the as?
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2014-09-27 19:16:30
Link | Quote | Reply

One page back
By Nazrious 2014-09-27 20:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
BLU has some of the most powerful defensive abilities in the game, as well as some of the most powerful enmity-generating abilities in the game. So, yes, they can be exceptionally effective as tanks. However, the majority of situations where tanking is actually needed, a PLD or RUN will fill the role better. Their jobs are just more focused on the task is all.

I think Prothescar says it best in the OP, I'm just taking snippets.

Yeah I get that, but I like to try different Things and If Blu is viable and not at a detriment of turning a 30 minute excursion into a 1 hour painful experience I'd liek to give it a whirl.

Odin.Jassik said: »
Nazrious said: »

Dring isn't included in a lot of recommended DT sets because, even now, it's a fairly uncommon piece and there are lots of easier to obtain items that you can cap with.

Since I came back a lot of the omg items have become lulz was just making sure there wasn't something I was missing.

Thanks for the reply guys
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-27 21:49:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, its far more obtainable than it used to be, that's for sure.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-09-30 06:17:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Blue Mage
The casting time of the following spells will be decreased.
Metallic Body / Warm-Up / Amplification / Zephyr Mantle / Triumphant Roar

The effect duration of the following spells will be increased.
Memento Mori / Reactor Cool / Saline Coat / Plasma Charge / Diamondhide / Magic Barrier / Barrier Tusk / Orcish Counterstance / Nature's Meditation / Zephyr Mantle / Triumphant Roar

The MP cost of Triumphant Roar will be decreased.

The efficacy of Regeneration will be increased.

Attribute adjustments will be added to the following spells.
Tempestuous Upheaval / Rending Deluge / Enbalming Earth / Foul Water / Retinal Glare / Subduction

Sword skill will be raised from A to A+.

So subduction being made better, buffs being made better (Nat. meditation was already really nice, everything we get here is a bonus), and a few extra points of acc. Also, Regeneration could be mildly interesting but probably not
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-09-30 07:48:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah... I wonder what the duration of nature's meditation is going to be now? 5 mins? One could dream. I admit I'm a bit sad that Cocoon wasn't on the list for a duration increase.

I hope they continue with adjusting old spells. Some could really use a boost to make them scale better. I can't say that these changes are going to mean much as far as what I set but they could be situationally useful. Some could really use a potency boost though. Metallic body being a quick cast spell would be wonderful if it could take more than 150.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2014-09-30 08:10:04
Link | Quote | Reply

So much for them stating they want to add new spells instead of adjusting older ones. I really don't take anything the devs say at face value anymore, because they just do the opposite. Not that I'm complaining, just it's amazing when they state "no, we have no plans to do this" and then bam, they do it. The Excalibur Enlight issue for example.

Nature's Meditation will probably be 2-3 minutes, I can't see it being more. Here's hoping Regeneration becomes based on blue skill and become as potent as SCH's Regen 5. Looking forward to Saline Coat and Barrier Tusk also.

No Feather Barrier changes, strangely.
By Nazrious 2014-09-30 08:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder said: »
So much for them stating they want to add new spells instead of adjusting older ones. I really don't take anything the devs say at face value anymore, because they just do the opposite. Not that I'm complaining, just it's amazing when they state "no, we have no plans to do this" and then bam, they do it. The Excalibur Enlight issue for example.

Nature's Meditation will probably be 2-3 minutes, I can't see it being more. Here's hoping Regeneration becomes based on blue skill and become as potent as SCH's Regen 5. Looking forward to Saline Coat and Barrier Tusk also.

No Feather Barrier changes, strangely.

New spells or old spells becoming useful again. Im fine either way.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-09-30 08:40:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't Warm-Up like +10acc/eva? lol
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 121 122 123 ... 446 447 448