Why Your Main Job Is The Best At What It Does.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Leviathan » Why your main job is the best at what it does.
Why your main job is the best at what it does.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-28 14:59:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Leonstrife said:
Dasva said:
Shua said:
Bopeep said:
Ludoggy said:
Dasva said:
...cant decide which job is my "main"

maybe thats why you suck at all of them

SAM/THF, theres nothing better than before NM fight to meditate to 300% then sekkanoki, then SATA Tachi:Gekko the tank > Tachi:Kasha > Fusion.
Then Sam 2hr. Gekko,Kasha SA Gekko,.. Woot just did 5k dmg.

Your doing it wrong.
* /war for DA in your WS and Attack Bonus.
* Berserk
* Warcry

<<Hagun>>300TP Sekk. Rana > Gekko > Mirrored Gekko(Darkness)
2hr. Yuki > Gekko = Frag > Kasha > Light.
I usually break 8~11k WS DMG, Depending on if I have BRD or COR in my pt. :D

Your doing it wrong too. For one Hagun doesnt work with sekk and is not the be all of gkat... 2nd you should go kashi kaiten (light) kaiten (more light!!)

...... and you are just silly. Damn I'm breaking my own rules here.

sorry I play with a relic sam too much it gets addicting
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-05-28 14:59:57
Link | Quote | Reply

MNK: Punch things
THF: Hate control
BLM: Ruining my life because I'm always stuck on it.
 Seraph.Saxonn
Server: Seraph
user: Saxon
By Seraph.Saxonn 2009-05-28 15:02:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Leonstrife said:
Thayil said:
Leonstrife said:
Well if your emphasizing stun why are you subbing samurai? You using a different sub job? Why focus on stun? why be so vague? wth. Not gonna mention souleater and how its the best zerg job ability in the game? Just gonna say you stun. Sitting there. with your scythe. stunning. With seigan in case that stun pulls hate and you dont want to stun too much so you increase its recast in case you decide to get stun happy. Details sir. Details.

lol dude, it was a joke. But ok; I'll bite.

SE has said that the concept for DRK was simply "attacker w/ magic," and that's exactly what it's best at. It has immense DD power, and is the only job that has access to spells that simultaneously debuff an enemy's stats and boost your own. Also, as you mentioned, it is the best zerg job in the game. Even w/o any other buffs, stacking fully merited Desperate Blows + Hasso + Souleater + Blood Weapon while maining an m.kris, is an awesome spectacle. I've never had the pleasure of seeing a DRK zerg w/ a k.club...hopefully I'll get one someday.

We can stun stuff too.

Happy now? :P

I was till you got too fully merited desperate blows+hasso. Sorry mate but job ability haste caps at 25% so you've wasted 6 merit points there and also neither hasso nor desperate blows works with m.kris cuz its a dagger. (though why your stacking haste with such a weapon i have no idea unless this is another joke in which case i kinda like it but needs more flare.)

Awesome! DB w/ an MK, its a genious idea.
 Bahamut.Atrithk
Server: Bahamut
user: Atrithk
By Bahamut.Atrithk 2009-05-28 15:39:29
Link | Quote | Reply

SAM is best as killing ***.
Because it kills ***. The best.
 Leviathan.Leonstrife
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Leonstrife 2009-05-28 16:15:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Saxonn said:
Leonstrife said:
Thayil said:
Leonstrife said:
Well if your emphasizing stun why are you subbing samurai? You using a different sub job? Why focus on stun? why be so vague? wth. Not gonna mention souleater and how its the best zerg job ability in the game? Just gonna say you stun. Sitting there. with your scythe. stunning. With seigan in case that stun pulls hate and you dont want to stun too much so you increase its recast in case you decide to get stun happy. Details sir. Details.

SE has said that the concept for DRK was simply "attacker w/ magic," and that's exactly what it's best at. It has immense DD power, and is the only job that has access to spells that simultaneously debuff an enemy's stats and boost your own. Also, as you mentioned, it is the best zerg job in the game. Even w/o any other buffs, stacking fully merited Desperate Blows + Hasso + Souleater + Blood Weapon while maining an m.kris, is an awesome spectacle. I've never had the pleasure of seeing a DRK zerg w/ a k.club...hopefully I'll get one someday.

We can stun stuff too.

I was till you got too fully merited desperate blows+hasso. Sorry mate but job ability haste caps at 25% so you've wasted 6 merit points there and also neither hasso nor desperate blows works with m.kris cuz its a dagger. (though why your stacking haste with such a weapon i have no idea unless this is another joke in which case i kinda like it but needs more flare.)

Now this is the internet so therefore its really hard to know this without some sort of emoticon but I'm ASSUMING (and hoping) this is sarcasm. Not too sure.... It's funny if it is though.
 Seraph.Saxonn
By Seraph.Saxonn 2009-05-28 17:10:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Leonstrife said:
Saxonn said:
Leonstrife said:
Thayil said:
Leonstrife said:

We can stun stuff too.

Now this is the internet so therefore its really hard to know this without some sort of emoticon but I'm ASSUMING (and hoping) this is sarcasm. Not too sure.... It's funny if it is though.

To be honest, dual wielding Ridill + MK then using DB is a better idea, since the description specifically says "2handed weapons" so you have 2 weapons therefore it should work since you are using both hands with weapons. (Edit: here's an emoticon for you) >:D
 Ifrit.Kalix
Server: Ifrit
user: Tokitung
By Ifrit.Kalix 2009-05-28 20:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Rng: Try and out damage me. I dare you ^^
Sam: Want an easy merit party job? Sam, Drg or Brd. Invites away!
Blu: Spell Zerg, solo, tank, and best of all you can pay back all those gobs with your own Bomb Toss
Bst: Who needs a party?
Mnk: I hit ***. Really fast. And I can have 3k HP (go go galka!)
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-28 20:08:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalix said:

Sam: Want an easy merit party job? Sam, Drg or Brd. Invites away!

really?
 Ifrit.Kalix
Server: Ifrit
user: Tokitung
By Ifrit.Kalix 2009-05-28 20:28:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Most parties I've been in look for Sams or Drgs. Drgs are great on Birds.

Note that this is only for Bird camp parties. All others for Drg, GFTO!

j/k
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-28 20:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I was thinking Fast invites.
 Caitsith.Faythful
Server: Caitsith
user: Faythful
By Caitsith.Faythful 2009-05-28 20:40:29
Link | Quote | Reply

My best job is RDM cause its most merited and its pretty and i can solo stuff like Bubbling Bernie.
 Bismarck.Rinako
Server: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2009-05-28 21:08:53
Link | Quote | Reply

RDM reasons have already been said
THF reasons have already been said
BLU cause i look cute doing it!
COR cause what's not hot about a chick with a gun?
 Seraph.Xdudemanx
user: xdudemanx
By Seraph.Xdudemanx 2009-05-28 21:42:06
Link | Quote | Reply

bst is best
enough said
 Leviathan.Leonstrife
By Leviathan.Leonstrife 2009-05-29 07:39:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Saxonn said:
Leonstrife said:
Saxonn said:
Leonstrife said:
Thayil said:
Leonstrife said:

We can stun stuff too.

To be honest, dual wielding Ridill + MK then using DB is a better idea, since the description specifically says "2handed weapons" so you have 2 weapons therefore it should work since you are using both hands with weapons. (Edit: here's an emoticon for you) >:D

Sorry. 2 one handed weapons does not make it count as one 2 handed weapon. Nice try though at least your thinking out of the box. (could have sworn I edited that merit thing to say 10 as well..)
 Cerberus.Savannah
Server: Cerberus
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2009-05-29 08:14:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Rinako said:

^Fact
 Leviathan.Leonstrife
By Leviathan.Leonstrife 2009-06-05 07:20:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Savannah said:
Rinako said:

^Fact

It's legit.
 Ragnarok.Zakules
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zakules
By Ragnarok.Zakules 2009-06-05 08:23:13
Link | Quote | Reply

RNG: Nice damage while tossing gils at the same time.

RDM: Buffs, debuffs, soloing, fast pting and it looks like a pimp.

NIN: To farm stuff (at least for me xD) and also to go BOOM when i need warp... priceless.
 Fairy.Azulmagia
Server: Fairy
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-06-05 08:40:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, if you're looking for self-sacrificial emo bladesmen who consume the souls of felled enemies, BLU is unbeatable there.

And for those of you Souleaterin' DRKs out there who think you can top us, you can't beat Self-Destruct. (Or a BLU/DRK Souleater multi-hit spell spam.)
 Seraph.Caiyuo
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-06-05 08:58:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Azulmagia said:
Well, if you're looking for self-sacrificial emo bladesmen who consume the souls of felled enemies, BLU is unbeatable there.
lol, too true. I always sort-of wished our 2hour turned us into squids. :/
 Cerberus.Hikuzo
user: Hikuzo
By Cerberus.Hikuzo 2009-06-05 09:41:02
Link | Quote | Reply

PLD is my main, its the best at its jobs cause it doesnt rely on shadows to stay alive.

other then that there's nothing special about paladin except the fact that we have the best shield skill =P
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-06-05 11:12:03
Link | Quote | Reply

what is drk/blu like for solo?
i just did drk/whm duoing at lvl 17-20 which works really well
 Cerberus.Hikuzo
By Cerberus.Hikuzo 2009-06-05 22:20:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Minusseven said:
what is drk/blu like for solo?
i just did drk/whm duoing at lvl 17-20 which works really well

DRK/BLU is for soloing.. cocoon and other buff spells increase ur DEF, and then pop a carbonara. and you are like a god. =P

if the mob is OMG WTF AM I DOING hard.... pop a taco =D

can we say GODLY defence?! i need to lvl my BLU to 37 and try PLD/BLU =o
 Pandemonium.Luignata
Server: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-06-05 22:33:02
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a RDM, we can solo anything. ANYTHING.

And before anyone says anything, PW's my ***.
 Cerberus.Hikuzo
By Cerberus.Hikuzo 2009-06-06 10:20:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Luignata said:

soo.... can i move to your server and pay you 1,000,000 gil to solo cerberus till i have an algol?
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-06 10:58:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Luignata said:

I need help with a bubbly bernie... keeps wiping my ls
 Seraph.Saxonn
By Seraph.Saxonn 2009-06-06 11:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Leonstrife said:
Saxonn said:
Leonstrife said:
Saxonn said:
Leonstrife said:
Thayil said:
Leonstrife said:

We can stun stuff too.

Sorry. 2 one handed weapons does not make it count as one 2 handed weapon. Nice try though at least your thinking out of the box. (could have sworn I edited that merit thing to say 10 as well..)

lol'd. Too easy.
 Cerberus.Savannah
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2009-06-06 12:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

wow...was the quote train needed on that? really?
 Leviathan.Leonstrife
By Leviathan.Leonstrife 2009-06-06 15:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Saxonn said:
Leonstrife said:
Saxonn said:
Leonstrife said:
Saxonn said:
Leonstrife said:
Thayil said:
Leonstrife said:

We can stun stuff too.

lol'd. Too easy.

Touche sir. Touche. I think.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-06-06 17:14:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Leonstrife said:
Saxonn said:
Leonstrife said:
Saxonn said:
Leonstrife said:
Saxonn said:
Leonstrife said:
Thayil said:
Leonstrife said:

We can stun stuff too.

lol'd. Too easy.

Choo-choo!
 Leviathan.Leonstrife
By Leviathan.Leonstrife 2009-06-07 17:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Chaosx said:
Leonstrife said:
Saxonn said:
Leonstrife said:
Saxonn said:
Leonstrife said:
Saxonn said:
Leonstrife said:
Thayil said:
Leonstrife said:

We can stun stuff too.

lol'd. Too easy.

Choo-choo!

OMG it's you!