Why Your Main Job Is The Best At What It Does.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Leviathan » Why your main job is the best at what it does.
Why your main job is the best at what it does.
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Timepassesbye 2009-05-16 23:25:44
Link | Quote | Reply

heh blm cause i can solo mobs that no other job can even pretend to fight. also because when you get an alliance of blm togher, there is little we cannot do with a well timed nuke. try any other combination of jobs completing divine might is less them a minute ^^

smn is another aesome main job- nothing like throwing an avitar on a mob, sitting back and crafting ^^
 Leviathan.Leonstrife
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Leonstrife 2009-05-26 11:46:21
Link | Quote | Reply

kk. This may have been my fault for being so vague but lets try again. each job in the game fills a niche in a party (xp or endgame idc). Why do you think your main fills that niche so well? Thats all. Didnt really mean for you guys to put I craft while my pet does everything or something. I'm sorry. so very very sorry.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-26 11:48:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Leonstrife said:
kk. This may have been my fault for being so vague but lets try again. each job in the game fills a niche in a party (xp or endgame idc). Why do you think your main fills that niche so well? Thats all. Didnt really mean for you guys to put I craft while my pet does everything or something. I'm sorry. so very very sorry.

Lol well I have seen this awesome vid where a thf was soloing AQ runs out of blood bolts and crafts more right in front of it cause his evasion is so high lol. Crafting while fighting and succeeding though is kinda cool lol
 Sylph.Jax
Server: Sylph
user: MissJax
By Sylph.Jax 2009-05-26 11:57:40
Link | Quote | Reply

o___oa
Idk. Trying to think but maybe I still don't understand.. lol
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Server: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-05-26 12:02:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I like my SAM because soon once I get Byakko's Haidate and Askar body I will have a 6-hit ws set + 20% haste at the same time. And then once I get bushi earring and brutal I'll have 9% Double Attack and +5 GK skill + my GK merits.

EDIT: Oh I just kinda reread the main title again and.. Idk I guess thats why it's the best at uh.. being awesome idk lol
 Asura.Shua
Server: Asura
user: Shua
By Asura.Shua 2009-05-26 12:08:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bopeep said:
Ludoggy said:
Dasva said:
...cant decide which job is my "main"

maybe thats why you suck at all of them

SAM/THF, theres nothing better than before NM fight to meditate to 300% then sekkanoki, then SATA Tachi:Gekko the tank > Tachi:Kasha > Fusion.
Then Sam 2hr. Gekko,Kasha SA Gekko,.. Woot just did 5k dmg.

Your doing it wrong.
* /war for DA in your WS and Attack Bonus.
* Berserk
* Warcry

<<Hagun>>300TP Sekk. Rana > Gekko > Mirrored Gekko(Darkness)
2hr. Yuki > Gekko = Frag > Kasha > Light.
I usually break 8~11k WS DMG, Depending on if I have BRD or COR in my pt. :D
 Leviathan.Celestinia
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-05-26 12:13:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Leonstrife said:

Lol Leon! You not going to try to convert everyone to DRK now are you? :P

SAM is the best for zerging as outlined by Shua above ;)
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-05-26 12:21:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Welp, if I had to nail down what it is that SAM actually does, I'd say tearing ***up and enabling SCs while keeping damage taken relatively low and in a lot of cases being a viable sub or main tank. In this particularly narrow scope, why is it the best? 90% badass cheatun far eastern gear, other assorted toys and god's gift to DDs, seigan. I guess the rest is up to the player to make smart decisions. :3
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-05-26 12:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

oh, were we suppose to post why our jobs are great in party situations?
 Leviathan.Celestinia
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-05-26 12:26:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Caiyuo said:
Welp, if I had to nail down what it is that SAM actually does, I'd say tearing ***up and enabling SCs while keeping damage taken relatively low and in a lot of cases being a viable sub or main tank. In this particularly narrow scope, why is it the best? 90% badass cheatun far eastern gear, other assorted toys and god's gift to DDs, seigan. I guess the rest is up to the player to make smart decisions. :3

<3 <3 <3 love it. Full usukane is ftw and looks best on SAM with relic GK ;) Killing with elegance and style.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-05-26 13:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Celestinia said:

<3 <3 <3 love it. Full usukane is ftw and looks best on SAM with relic GK ;) Killing with elegance and style.

Yesss! Really, picking SAM was all about the style and swagger, I just got lucky that it's a badass job. haha, I have far too many screens of my elf standing around or looking all battle-ready for no reason at all. My SS gallery is a testament to that. lol
 Bahamut.Pjohn
Server: Bahamut
user: Pjohn
By Bahamut.Pjohn 2009-05-26 13:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Red Mage.

What every you want I can do.

If no one wants to go I'll just go alone.
 Leviathan.Leonstrife
By Leviathan.Leonstrife 2009-05-27 14:44:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Caiyuo said:

Much better.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-05-27 15:18:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Kamina deserves straight answers. :D
 Odin.Aramina
Server: Odin
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-05-27 15:32:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I have two characters, and their leveled jobs are both very different, so I'll cover both.

Darkmoose - Samurai main (also Paladin and Thief)

I love SAM because it is probably the most flexible melee DD job in the game. I can /WAR, /THF, /NIN, /RNG, /DRG, /DNC and /NIN to suit the situation. I have 4 different macro books just for Samurai, which says a lot about the versatility of the job.

I also love skillchaining, and I started playing back in the time that a party wasn't a party without a skillchain and a magic burst. Fortuntely in endgame, that stuff still applies quite a lot, so it was good to know the basics.

Samurai will probably never bring the incredible spike damage pain that something like a DRK or RNG can, but they put out excellent damage over time with significant spike damage, and they the ability to close Darkness from both directions and Light from one direction.

Duoing CoP 8-2 on SAM/DNC with a RDM/NIN and doing a self-skillchain that hit all of the L2 Skillchains and culminated in Darkness was something I'll always remember.

Add the survivability given my Seigan/Third Eye, fairly high evasion skill, and in my case, better than average Parrying (still working on it), and Samurai is a force.

Aramina - I am definitely a White Mage at heart, although I also have Bard and Black Mage at 75.

White Mage used to get very little love, but hands down, White Mages are the best pure healers in the game. Since the addition and updates of Scholar, WHM/SCH can handle the additional MP strain that White Mage sometimes would struggle with in the past.

White Mage is probably not the best merit party healer, but they can do fine when there is no Red Mage to be had.

A great example of White Mage awesomeness was a Jailer of Love fight where I was not only the only White Mage present, but I was party leader of the tank party. I was keeping 2 Paladins Hasted, Barspelled (3 Merits + Gear), Cured, Regened (5/5 merits), and at the same time I was rotating Chi Blasters through one slot in our party with a Black Mage when the Chi Blasters were not ready in their Boost Cycle.

Many times you can replace a White Mage with a Red Mage or a Scholar, but sometimes there is simply no other. Since the newest White Mage updates, Auspice has become a staple in many endgame fights where limiting the enemy's TP gain is critical to success (Proto Ultima, for example).

Repose was also a godsend when SE gave White Mages the option to sleep things with light-based, high-potency sleep.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-05-27 15:53:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Aramina said:
I have two characters, and their leveled jobs are both very different, so I'll cover both.

Darkmoose - Samurai main (also Paladin and Thief)

I love SAM because it is probably the most flexible melee DD job in the game. I can /WAR, /THF, /NIN, /RNG, /DRG, /DNC and /NIN to suit the situation. I have 4 different macro books just for Samurai, which says a lot about the versatility of the job.

I also love skillchaining, and I started playing back in the time that a party wasn't a party without a skillchain and a magic burst. Fortuntely in endgame, that stuff still applies quite a lot, so it was good to know the basics.

Samurai will probably never bring the incredible spike damage pain that something like a DRK or RNG can, but they put out excellent damage over time with significant spike damage, and they the ability to close Darkness from both directions and Light from one direction.

Duoing CoP 8-2 on SAM/DNC with a RDM/NIN and doing a self-skillchain that hit all of the L2 Skillchains and culminated in Darkness was something I'll always remember.

Add the survivability given my Seigan/Third Eye, fairly high evasion skill, and in my case, better than average Parrying (still working on it), and Samurai is a force.

Aramina - I am definitely a White Mage at heart, although I also have Bard and Black Mage at 75.

White Mage used to get very little love, but hands down, White Mages are the best pure healers in the game. Since the addition and updates of Scholar, WHM/SCH can handle the additional MP strain that White Mage sometimes would struggle with in the past.

White Mage is probably not the best merit party healer, but they can do fine when there is no Red Mage to be had.

A great example of White Mage awesomeness was a Jailer of Love fight where I was not only the only White Mage present, but I was party leader of the tank party. I was keeping 2 Paladins Hasted, Barspelled (3 Merits + Gear), Cured, Regened (5/5 merits), and at the same time I was rotating Chi Blasters through one slot in our party with a Black Mage when the Chi Blasters were not ready in their Boost Cycle.

Many times you can replace a White Mage with a Red Mage or a Scholar, but sometimes there is simply no other. Since the newest White Mage updates, Auspice has become a staple in many endgame fights where limiting the enemy's TP gain is critical to success (Proto Ultima, for example).

Repose was also a godsend when SE gave White Mages the option to sleep things with light-based, high-potency sleep.

I want to know of this 2nd Ninja job you have found - -
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-27 15:56:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Frobeus said:
I want to know of this 2nd Ninja job you have found - -

He's a H4X0R
 Odin.Aramina
Server: Odin
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-05-27 16:07:45
Link | Quote | Reply

haha that's funniest because it and /DRG (25% Haste is sexy, though) are probably the two subs I use least on SAM, and somehow I typed it twice and didn't notice.
 Ramuh.Thayil
user: Thayil
By Ramuh.Thayil 2009-05-27 16:27:48
Link | Quote | Reply

My main is DRK. I stun.
 Leviathan.Leonstrife
By Leviathan.Leonstrife 2009-05-28 10:02:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Thayil said:
My main is DRK. I stun.

Well if your emphasizing stun why are you subbing samurai? You using a different sub job? Why focus on stun? why be so vague? wth. Not gonna mention souleater and how its the best zerg job ability in the game? Just gonna say you stun. Sitting there. with your scythe. stunning. With seigan in case that stun pulls hate and you dont want to stun too much so you increase its recast in case you decide to get stun happy. Details sir. Details.
 Fairy.Regenesis
Server: Fairy
user: Regenesis
By Fairy.Regenesis 2009-05-28 11:36:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Scholar, it is capable of doing what it looks like a Red Mage is supposed to do on paper magic wise.

I can function perfectly fine as a main healer, and in certain situations (no offense to the White Mages out there) can be better at it- which is to say any camp that requires a lot of -na spells or erase (Imps, Crawlers, Bats). AOE Stoneskin/Regen II gives an edge to my Nin tanks, AOE Blink saves a little bit of their MP and everyone gets a chuckle of out AOE En spells. I can also be part of a mana burn and hold my own damage wise and at the same time offer weather bonus and an accuracy boost (even though on a 5 minute recast timer).

As long as you understand a Scholar is subjob dependant when it comes to utility spells and enfeebling spells it is a nice road for those to be on if you like healing and like blowing stuff up.

What people need to realize though is until a higher level a Scholar can not adapt to a situation as fast as a Red Mage can, sleep/dispel require a job ability and a strategem to use and while that is going on if someone needs a cure it is an extra chunk of mp to use and a slightly higher recast/cast time.
[+]
 Kujata.Malicfayt
Server: Kujata
user: Malicfayt
By Kujata.Malicfayt 2009-05-28 11:45:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Thief - Treasure Hunter 4 - Because no one else can? yes, yes...
 Seraph.Chuuuuu
user:
By Seraph.Chuuuuu 2009-05-28 12:06:22
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

dragoon, i can jump and poke ***very well :D
 Shiva.Akajoyroth
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Akajoyroth 2009-05-28 12:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

BLACK MAGE
Turning things into piles of ash since day one!
I love pairing up with SAMs to SC+MB for max Damage!
Nothing more awesome then seeing our enemies HP drop form 60% to 0 in .001 seconds...
 Ramuh.Thayil
user: Thayil
By Ramuh.Thayil 2009-05-28 12:29:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Leonstrife said:
Well if your emphasizing stun why are you subbing samurai? You using a different sub job? Why focus on stun? why be so vague? wth. Not gonna mention souleater and how its the best zerg job ability in the game? Just gonna say you stun. Sitting there. with your scythe. stunning. With seigan in case that stun pulls hate and you dont want to stun too much so you increase its recast in case you decide to get stun happy. Details sir. Details.

lol dude, it was a joke. But ok; I'll bite.

SE has said that the concept for DRK was simply "attacker w/ magic," and that's exactly what it's best at. It has immense DD power, and is the only job that has access to spells that simultaneously debuff an enemy's stats and boost your own. Also, as you mentioned, it is the best zerg job in the game. Even w/o any other buffs, stacking fully merited Desperate Blows + Hasso + Souleater + Blood Weapon while maining an m.kris, is an awesome spectacle. I've never had the pleasure of seeing a DRK zerg w/ a k.club...hopefully I'll get one someday.

We can stun stuff too.

Happy now? :P
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-28 12:40:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Shua said:
Bopeep said:
Ludoggy said:
Dasva said:

SAM/THF, theres nothing better than before NM fight to meditate to 300% then sekkanoki, then SATA Tachi:Gekko the tank > Tachi:Kasha > Fusion.

Your doing it wrong.
* Berserk
* Warcry

Your doing it wrong too. For one Hagun doesnt work with sekk and is not the be all of gkat... 2nd you should go kashi kaiten (light) kaiten (more light!!)
 Leviathan.Leonstrife
By Leviathan.Leonstrife 2009-05-28 13:48:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Thayil said:
Leonstrife said:

lol dude, it was a joke. But ok; I'll bite.

SE has said that the concept for DRK was simply "attacker w/ magic," and that's exactly what it's best at. It has immense DD power, and is the only job that has access to spells that simultaneously debuff an enemy's stats and boost your own. Also, as you mentioned, it is the best zerg job in the game. Even w/o any other buffs, stacking fully merited Desperate Blows + Hasso + Souleater + Blood Weapon while maining an m.kris, is an awesome spectacle. I've never had the pleasure of seeing a DRK zerg w/ a k.club...hopefully I'll get one someday.

We can stun stuff too.

Happy now? :P

I was till you got too fully merited desperate blows+hasso. Sorry mate but job ability haste caps at 25% so you've wasted 10 merit points there and also neither hasso nor desperate blows works with m.kris cuz its a dagger. (though why your stacking haste with such a weapon i have no idea unless this is another joke in which case i kinda like it but needs more flare.)
 Leviathan.Leonstrife
By Leviathan.Leonstrife 2009-05-28 14:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Shua said:
Bopeep said:
Ludoggy said:
Dasva said:

Your doing it wrong.
* Berserk
* Warcry

Your doing it wrong too. For one Hagun doesnt work with sekk and is not the be all of gkat... 2nd you should go kashi kaiten (light) kaiten (more light!!)

...... and you are just silly. Damn I'm breaking my own rules here.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2009-05-28 14:51:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Red Mage: Jack of all Trades. Enough said.

Blue Mage: I zerg things with Spells.

Ninja: Give me its attention and I'll tank it.

Dancer: TP-Based support for the win.
 Shiva.Jimmyjazz
Server: Shiva
user: Jimmyjazz
By Shiva.Jimmyjazz 2009-05-28 14:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ummm.. Brd/whm, and because I'm quick on status removal and after years of singing I can pinpoint distances very well w/o plugins and because I use songs other than just March, Minuet and Ballad.