Attacking Monsters with an Avatar While Being AFK
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2012-04-21 03:46:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Yet another reason why I quit XI... I really loved this game, but the dev team keeps playing desperate cards to please the Japanese player base recently, that the North American player base gets shafted (and don't even get me going about the attention the European player base gets... Or rather lack of.) Until Tanaka is either fired or fired upon with a gun (I'm not picky), I just can't find the enjoyment of playing XI I use to if they keep this up.

At least the XIV team is making great improvements to their game. :/
By Orin 2012-04-21 03:51:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't understand... How is this a problem?
Hasn't there been a counter-measure in place since forever for just such behavior?
Such as if a monster aggro's a summoner and the summoner's pet auto-engages but the summoner does NOT take any action on the monster and it is killed by the avatar, no exp, gil or items is gained.
Unless I am mistaken and no such system exists...
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2012-04-21 03:59:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Orin said: »
Hasn't there been a counter-measure in place since forever for just such behavior?
Such as if a monster aggro's a summoner and the summoner's pet auto-engages but the summoner does NOT take any action on the monster and it is killed by the avatar, no exp, gil or items is gained.

Um... Nope, I don't think that has ever been the case. If they really want to fix this problem, make it so the avatars do not auto-engage upon the summoner aggroing. No other pet does it (save for BST pets, but this only applies to something like a link attacking the pet.)
 Lakshmi.Inspectorgadget
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Inspectorgadget 2012-04-21 04:01:22
Link | Quote | Reply

whats to stop someone from, let's say, doing the same exact thing to the chigoes in Caedarva Mire? or better yet, any mob that aggros in the game anywhere? the stupidity of the Development Team and the "Special" Task Force never ceases to amaze me.

I recently started working on the Earth, Wind, Water, and Fire magian staves and when I was out doing the first stage I never once saw anyone in Grauberg(S) doing what the Dev Team is accusing players of doing. So either theyre pulling this out of their ***, or its happeneing on some other servers.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2012-04-21 04:24:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Dear Summoners,

Good night,

Insanity Fenrir Wolf.
[+]
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-04-21 04:37:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Mizuharu said: »
Yet another reason why I quit XI... I really loved this game, but the dev team keeps playing desperate cards to please the Japanese player base recently, that the North American player base gets shafted (and don't even get me going about the attention the European player base gets... Or rather lack of.) Until Tanaka is either fired or fired upon with a gun (I'm not picky), I just can't find the enjoyment of playing XI I use to if they keep this up.

You mean pointless improvement to their shitty game. No MMO in the history of MMOs has ever recovered from such a bad launch as FFXIV. SE's obliviousness is truly astounding.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2012-04-21 04:42:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helel said: »

You mean pointless improvement to their shitty game. No MMO in the history of MMOs has ever recovered from such a bad launch as FFXIV. SE's obliviousness is truly astounding.

Eh, to each their own. All I know is Tanaka isn't there to spread his cancer to the FFXIV body.
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2012-04-21 04:50:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Bahamut.Zangada said: »
so it's official SE hates anything SMN does to be a decent job.

SE: balance = *** SMN.

This is *** funny, this constantly happens to bst but one thing happens to smn and ppl rage. I dont know how being able to farm/attk mobs afk makes smn a decent job or fair in any way.

I have played both enough to easily say for the most part (at least for soloing) BST>SMN so get off your horse.

SE constantly shits on SMN and is afraid of giving it any sort of power.

BST is a better tank, but SMN is a better DD (spike damage at least)
 Bismarck.Siggymund
Premium
user: Sigmund
By Bismarck.Siggymund 2012-04-21 04:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn said: »
All of us smns now must go to grauberg, have our avatars autoattack, while not being afk!

This should be an all server wide initiative!
[+]
By Jetackuu 2012-04-21 05:08:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »
Bahamut.Zangada said: »
so it's official SE hates anything SMN does to be a decent job.

SE: balance = *** SMN.

This is *** funny, this constantly happens to bst but one thing happens to smn and ppl rage. I dont know how being able to farm/attk mobs afk makes smn a decent job or fair in any way.

I have played both enough to easily say for the most part (at least for soloing) BST>SMN so get off your horse.

SE constantly shits on SMN and is afraid of giving it any sort of power.

BST is a better tank, but SMN is a better DD (spike damage at least)

bst easily does more dot.

at least starting off, maybe with advanced gear it may be a different story...
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-04-21 05:09:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Need more completely random bans so we can merge servers again sooner.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-04-21 05:16:11
Link | Quote | Reply

SMN is basically the shittiest job in FFXI excluding PD, so I have no problem with a mass SMN ban.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-04-21 05:17:46
Link | Quote | Reply

SMN doesn't do nearly as much damage over time as a well geared BST, and to beta it on burst it'd have to be an exceptional SMN on a very short fight. 45 second recast timer on the only applicable form of DMG that a SMN can do vs. a BST with their axes and their pet.
By Gimp 2012-04-21 05:54:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I
Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
SMN is basically the shittiest job in FFXI excluding PD, so I have no problem with a mass SMN ban.

Unfortunately, when SE designed this job they were scatterbrained as hell making it

I can see smns losing the auto attack feature which is pretty nice for deterring aggro or dealing with multiple adds quick and pretty much one of the jobs unique traits unless you count Bard's Virelai Song Abili-

WAIT BARDS DON'T GO TO GRAUBERG IT'S A TRAP!
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Timepassesbye 2012-04-21 07:43:46
Link | Quote | Reply

a souple things. smn is not the shittiest job next to PD. soe plays similar to bst. and if people havnt played smn, then they really dont know much abou tthe job. there are 3 main pet jobs in the game atm

bst
smn
pup

each has its own unique play style.

bst is the most physically powerful, has the highest hp pet but has the least control over their pets actions

pup is kinda in a league of its own depending which frame and attachments you have setup. but the physical attacks are significantly weaker, but the magic has the option of rivaling blm in power

smn have far weaker attacks, slightly better but highly incocsistant special attacks then bst. and much more control of their pet(choices/recast)

part of the job is that they have the attack on agro system. removing that would make them play too similar to bst
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2012-04-21 08:00:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Galbir said: »
Inb4: -1mp/tick minimum for avatars.
This is already the minimum, the last tick is removed by your auto refresh unless something has changed.
 Shiva.Xoa
Server: Shiva
user: Xoa
By Shiva.Xoa 2012-04-21 08:01:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Problem solved...

or they could take out Auto-Attack for the avatars
[+]
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-21 08:12:23
Link | Quote | Reply

RDM would like to have a word with you.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-04-21 08:20:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sylow said: »

Post 75 only.
 Siren.Fupafighters
Server: Siren
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-04-21 08:22:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Think rdm can be more versatile in stuff like dynamis if you're like a mage only king of person? Say with the new cure formula?
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-21 08:31:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Versatile for what? Healing a melee? You'd still just want a WHM or SCH for that.

RDM can do it, but both of the aforementioned jobs can do it much better.
 Valefor.Zolan
By Valefor.Zolan 2012-04-21 10:15:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I did this for YEARS with bugbeard Strongman.. Would leave myself and my mule both on summoner with carby out right at the end of either bridge and I would /sit. It was just close enough that the nm or ph would agro but far enough carby would intercept. Farmers GMED me several times and nothing ever happened.

Edit: This sounds like a case of a job that has everything else going for it complaining about the one cool thing smn can do and they can not. When SMN's honestly have nothing else left right now but Using PD and then staring at the cool jobs kill something...
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2012-04-21 10:38:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I think RDM is better than WHM or SCH for Dynamis farming at least where Arch stuff isn't involved. More crowd control, Cure4 actually heals a really nice amount these days, more mp and stronger Refresh by far and of course - nukes/Almace meleeing.
 Valefor.Zolan
By Valefor.Zolan 2012-04-21 11:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said: »
I think RDM is better than WHM or SCH for Dynamis farming at least where Arch stuff isn't involved. More crowd control, Cure4 actually heals a really nice amount these days, more mp and stronger Refresh by far and of course - nukes/Almace meleeing.

How relevant to the OP...
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-04-21 11:09:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Zolan said: »
Bahamut.Raenryong said: »

How relevant to the OP...
As soon as the main point have been pointed out, most thread usually turn into something like this lol. Just let it be. :D
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-04-21 11:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Versatile for what? Healing a melee? You'd still just want a WHM or SCH for that.

RDM can do it, but both of the aforementioned jobs can do it much better.
Ya a good rdm can 90 almace/joytoy or some shizz and haste/nuke. Not a bad choice if they are an actual GOOD rdm. I feel like isn't desired mainly because since when do you not go /dnc in dyna. And sch, I have been reading on sch, but I feel rdm would be more versatile. Sch would have to wait alot to nuke and cannot contribute to procing in most places.
By Latifah 2012-04-21 11:25:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helel said: »

Hmm thats ffxi since the end of WoTg.
You clearly don't know anything about ff14, the game have been recovered/improved with such overwhelming rate that there's no server space for new players. It's quite different compared to the release date, stop posting if you don't know crap.
By Caclax 2012-04-21 11:30:25
Link | Quote | Reply

bam problem solved right there, make the smn have to do something to the mob and they dont have to worry about it. in before change happens and people use a bot to dia the mob after claim but still afk
 Cerberus.Eugene
Server: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-04-21 11:48:35
Link | Quote | Reply

that right there is the solution
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-04-21 11:55:23
Link | Quote | Reply

You see I wouldn't mind coming back when my classes are over. But, what is the point with these lack luster "Updates" though. I'd honestly kill for a real expansion, real story line etc. All the game is at the moment is getting new armor, the exploring and such is all gone. The DEVs just keep doing jokes of an update one after another. These tweaks are nice but the game could have used them years ago.

Also attacking monsters with a pet while being afk, or semi-afk. Welcome to BST and SMN. Shits boring when mobs have tons of HP.

I think I'm going to spend 12.99 on Goldeneye 64
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7