Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-04-17 14:12:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
04-16-2012 07:45 PM
[source]
Rukkirii
Community Rep

Since Arise and Meteor can be obtained through other content, we will maintain their current drop rates.

Subscribe

[+]
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2012-04-17 14:13:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Since Arise and Meteor can be obtained through other content, we will maintain their current drop rates.

Where? Legion? The event that like nobody has fully cleared yet?
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-04-17 14:15:48
Link | Quote | Reply

lolLegion
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-04-27 13:53:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Camate said:
Happy Friday everyone!

After looking into everyone’s feedback in regards to Voidwatch weaknesses, we will be proceeding with the below adjustments.

• Red Mage
While there is a concern that red mages would lose the ability to exploit weaknesses that only they can execute, we have decided that there are more concerns with merit point spell limitations, so we will be removing the merit point spells similar to other jobs.

• Ninja
As a majority of feedback we received had no problems with removing San-tier of elemental jutsus, we will also be following through with this.

• Beastmaster
Since there were no real objections to this, we will be proceeding with being able to exploit weaknesses without relying on specific pets/abilities.

• Puppetmaster
It seems like there was a large amount of feedback mentioning that Strobe would be good. However, instead of limiting this to Strobe, we would like to increase the amount of freedom, while still keeping the possibility of selecting Strobe.

The above content will be reflected in the May test server update and will begin with the final chapter for now.

[source]
 Carbuncle.Enuyasha
Server: Carbuncle
user: Enuyasha
By Carbuncle.Enuyasha 2012-04-27 14:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

making RDM and NIN useless but at the same time telling BLU "take your abyssea proc style and shove it!" :|

wish they would just make the procs for PUP the RNG WS and leave it alone. With all the regain atmacites and that one fire manuever -> TP attatch we can just spam it anyway :|

also: was kinda obvious MEteor and Arise didnt only come from just provenance watcher...pretty sure it applies to any VW op that can possibly drop any 95-99 scroll..and it might be in Legion somewhere.
 Sylph.Kiaru
Server: Sylph
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kiaru 2012-04-27 14:24:44
Link | Quote | Reply

If a job is only brought to an event because it can proc, and when procs that ONLY it can do no longer exist in a semi-big quantity, the job obviously needs major adjustments.

See: NIN and RDM. NIN has abyssea, RDM is literally worthless for pretty much everything existing in FFXI right now.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-27 14:26:04
Link | Quote | Reply

JPs bring RDM to VW for Stunning.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-04-27 14:37:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Enuyasha said: »
making RDM and NIN useless but at the same time telling BLU "take your abyssea proc style and shove it!" :|

I love it when someone calls a blue spell and I reset spells to proc and just after I reset they call another proc, of the element I just unset.

I'm not sure how they keep ignoring how unbalanced procs are for blu. For a dev team so obsessed with balance...
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zohnax
Server: Ragnarok
user: Baelfael
By Ragnarok.Zohnax 2012-04-27 17:43:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kiaru said: »
If a job is only brought to an event because it can proc, and when procs that ONLY it can do no longer exist in a semi-big quantity, the job obviously needs major adjustments.

See: NIN and RDM. NIN has abyssea, RDM is literally worthless for pretty much everything existing in FFXI right now.
RDM: See Legion.
[+]
 Sylph.Kiaru
By Sylph.Kiaru 2012-04-27 17:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zohnax said: »

Please explain why RDM is useful there.
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-04-27 18:11:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sylow said: »

That may be true, but SCH/BLM is a much better stunner, with higher dark magic skill and lower recasts. Speaking of which, I'm pretty sure wiki has incorrect information on it. I know with embrava on, my recast on stun is about 7s with alacrity up (suggesting that it does stack with haste effects). Maybe they changed it when they were modifying fast cast caps, but I don't know. I didn't start using SCH until recently.
 Bahamut.Zangada
Server: Bahamut
user: zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2012-04-27 18:22:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Any job can work anywhere, the prob is ppl who dont know how to use it.
[+]
 Sylph.Kiaru
By Sylph.Kiaru 2012-04-27 18:24:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helel said: »
Bismarck.Sylow said: »

That may be true, but SCH/BLM is a much better stunner, with higher dark magic skill and lower recasts. Speaking of which, I'm pretty sure wiki has incorrect information on it. I know with embrava on, my recast on stun is about 7s with alacrity up (suggesting that it does stack with haste effects). Maybe they changed it when they were modifying fast cast caps, but I don't know. I didn't start using SCH until recently.
Yeah SCH has insanely low recast on stun and higher dark magic skill, plus isn't completely worthless when not stunning.
 Carbuncle.Enuyasha
Server: Carbuncle
user: Enuyasha
By Carbuncle.Enuyasha 2012-04-29 03:32:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zangada said: »
If a job is only brought to an event because it can proc, and when procs that ONLY it can do no longer exist in a semi-big quantity, the job obviously needs major adjustments. See: NIN and RDM. NIN has abyssea, RDM is literally worthless for pretty much everything existing in FFXI right now.
Any job can work anywhere, the prob is ppl who dont know how to use it.
when they do the enfeebling denerfs.....womg, ***is gunna get wild with all that enfeeblin' ima be doin' (Q_Q .....)
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [102 days between previous and next post]
 Caitsith.Bakura
Server: Caitsith
user: Bakura
By Caitsith.Bakura 2012-08-09 15:14:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
One spell per element would be ideal. Optimal effectiveness as it stands now is either bringing 2 BLUs to share the brunt of the spells, or one BLU that can not set them all at once. In both situations, neither BLU should be expected to be forgoing all of their set points for proc spells. Have gone over it several times in the past, but needless to say, BLU's damage output outweighs the few extra seconds that you save, on average, by setting extra sets of spells.

Making the BLU waste time on NQ procs is stupid as *** too. Any job really.
are you HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE ? set 1 spell per element you know theres least 4-5 spells per element and those 1 spells u picked basicly cannot be it... wow genius your server must be geniuses like you LOL Insert "Facepalm" here

This is what BLU should be doing, activating boss status.
 Siren.Stunx
Server: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2012-08-09 15:15:47
Link | Quote | Reply

gj
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-08-09 15:17:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you always necro to say stupid things?
 Phoenix.Supakoneko
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Supakoneko 2012-08-09 15:19:13
Link | Quote | Reply

fml, when I saw this, was hoping it was BLU spell proc fix x_x
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2012-08-09 15:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

whoever drew his avatar managed to make an anime bishonen conventionally ugly (as opposed to uncanny-valley-unsettling/horrifying), which is by itself no mean feat

(wide-set eyes, frog-like mouth, etc.)