How Do You Feel About Windower?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Leviathan » How do you feel about Windower?
How do you feel about Windower?
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-05-14 11:21:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Serbzook said:
@ Raenryong your missing the whole point of his posts and are only displaying one tiny little aspect of it to build an argument, your laughable.

It was the part which amused me most; he was implying that Windower is almost a necessity to solo sky pops but it's his gear/technique by the sounds of it which are causing him issues.

By the way, should probably read up on some basic grammar. "Your laughable" is amusing at best. Both people arguing against Windower here are using Jet Seraweels :D

By the way, before Windower I would hit 2-3 macros for each action as opposed to one. The end result was in fact the same. Windower is largely convenience.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Luignata
Server: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-05-14 11:24:01
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Slamm said:
Luignata said:
Quote:
Just because something is illegal doesn't mean it shouldn't be done...

That’s precisely what I’m saying. If it’s illegal, don’t do it, it’s illegal for a reason.

I stopped reading there. I don’t need to hear you try and justify why you’re cheating. You’re cheating, you need to stop, nuff said.

firstly i never said i did or didn't use it, and tbh the thing i feel strongly about most is that with all the effort that aikar starhawk and the rest put into that program for users, getting nothing out of it themselves, people should give windower a break.

they don't have to do that for us, they could keep w/e they make to themselves but choose not to, if we all thought like you they wouldn't let others use it and how many would quit then?

also do u relise how much ***is illegal?

pretty much everything...

its illegal to let your friends watch a dvd u bought

its illegal to lend someone your ps2 game.., or even play multilayer if both users don't own the game.

when it comes to stuff like software, lots of stuff is illegal that no one really gives a ***about.

And if a police officer comes over and catches you doing any of that, are they just gonna shrug it off? No, they’re going to arrest you. You shouldn’t be doing it. Hasn’t your mom ever told you “If everyone jumped off a bridge, would you too?”

Just cause everyone does it doesn’t make it “okay”. Windower is illegal, plain and simple. Don’t do it.
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-05-14 11:24:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Luignata said:
Prove to me that Windower has not changed a single thing about this game.

Wow, somethign you're finally right about. It most definitely has changed the game. And it's changed the game for the BETTER.

You know that SE Official Windowed mode? That was b/c of Windower.
How about the auto-sort function for your inventory? That was because of Windower too.
Or maybe those additional macro books? That was because of Windower as well.

All of these innovations were in Windower first and SE eventually put them into the game because the players wanted them and SE realized that they were great innovations.

Wow Luignata... So you're saying you've never let someone watch/play one of your games or DVD's? Naive much?
[+]
 Odin.Dizzi
Server: Odin
user: DizziCS
By Odin.Dizzi 2009-05-14 11:26:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest 1:0
RatesUp
[+]
 Pandemonium.Luignata
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-05-14 11:27:53

Quote:
It was the part which amused me most; he was implying that Windower is almost a necessity to solo sky pops but it's his gear/technique by the sounds of it which are causing him issues.

Learn to read, I did not say any such thing. I said that there are situations where Windower could mean the difference between fail and success.

Quote:
By the way, should probably read up on some basic grammar. "Your laughable" is amusing at best. Both people arguing against Windower here are using Jet Seraweels :D

I fail to see how equipment make any difference.

Quote:
By the way, before Windower I would hit 2-3 macros for each action as opposed to one. The end result was in fact the same. Windower is largely convenience.

And the situation where the time it takes you to hit those extra 1-2 macros could mean that your spell/ability got off that much faster and you were to take that one step sooner to stay out of range of a 1 shot KO. You’re only proving that Windower gives an advantage.
 Remora.Dubont
Server: Remora
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-05-14 11:28:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Luignata said:

Quote:
or you are butthurt because someone WITH windower did something you can't not because they have windower but because they are infact better than you.

Ah, you finally admit Windower gives an advantage in game… That’s all I need to hear! Thanks.

Nowhere in that statement did i say windower gave any sort of advantage. =) as far as your statement about the speeding ticket, yea if you go 5 miles over then you are just as bad as someone who goes 15 miles over (according to your logic anyway). ^^ over 90% of this game uses windower, over 99% of this game uses outside sources of info for the game, therefore, maybe less than 1% of the people playing this game are playing legit. You are by no means one of them so go ahead and destroy that list of yours because are better than no one. Go play WoW and gtfo ^^ kthxbye
[+]
 Asura.Slamm
Server: Asura
user: Slamm
By Asura.Slamm 2009-05-14 11:28:26
Link | Quote | Reply

>.> police offer gonna arrest me for playing game that isn't mine now? i doubt that somehow

if you seriously follow every single rule in the book, your a sheep lol

can u honestly tell me u never watched a dvd that wasn't yours? or played a game with friends u didn't own?

haven't ever drunk underage?

even the best of us break rules, even if we have no idea we are breaking them.

and a lot of rules are too stupid not to break.

edit: btw if you think people should have to press like 5 macros to cast each spell

you a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE I'm sorry
[+]
 Pandemonium.Luignata
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-05-14 11:31:04

Quote:
Wow, somethign you're finally right about. It most definitely has changed the game. And it's changed the game for the BETTER.

Most definitely… better for those that use Windower. Unfair advantage.

Quote:
You know that SE Official Windowed mode? That was b/c of Windower.
How about the auto-sort function for your inventory? That was because of Windower too.
Or maybe those additional macro books? That was because of Windower as well.

Prove it. I want actual proof that SE stated “Because of Windower, we decided to implement these features”. Otherwise you’re just speculating. Unless you can read minds, your statement is hearsay.

Quote:
Wow Luignata... So you're saying you've never let someone watch/play one of your games or DVD's? Naive much?

Did I ever say that? I do not believe that I did.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-05-14 11:31:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Jet Seraweels are a big sign of a non-cost effective player since they suck for the price.

Windower and non-windower is not as great as the difference between a good soloer and a bad soloer. Cause-correlation confusion.

If you're gonna die in the 1s difference or so it takes to hit two extra macros, you need to refine your technique.

The game is just plain annoying, archaic and very user-unfriendly without Windower. Hitting 2-3 macros for everything is such a pain in the *** :(
[+]
 Remora.Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-05-14 11:32:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Luignata said:
Quote:

Learn to read, I did not say any such thing. I said that there are situations where Windower could mean the difference between fail and success.

Quote:

I fail to see how equipment make any difference.

Quote:

And the situation where the time it takes you to hit those extra 1-2 macros could mean that your spell/ability got off that much faster and you were to take that one step sooner to stay out of range of a 1 shot KO. You’re only proving that Windower gives an advantage.

OK from this, it sounds like you have no idea of how the legal system works. Judging by this I'm guessing you arent out of high school..no probably not even a junior yet. You don't know how anything works. OH NOEZ TEH CHEATZ0RZ IZ BAD!! So? Ever use limewire? Ever use a strat guide? Ever burned a CD? Ever made a Mix tape (lulz)? Ever watched anything on youtube? With that being said, please stfu and have a nice day.
[+]
 Asura.Slamm
By Asura.Slamm 2009-05-14 11:32:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Luignata said:

Quote:

Did I ever say that? I do not believe that I did.

so when u break the rules its ok? but if you are not breaking them its bad if others do?

someone needs to get their head out of their ***
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-05-14 11:36:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Which means... You've broken the 'law' too.
99.99999% of the population have broken some law in one form or another.
The differences between an everyday person and a convicted felon is the degree to which they break the law. You are over here preaching right and wrong like it's simply black and white. Like I said before, there is no black and white. The world only exists in shades of gray.
I do hope that you're going to school to get a Religious major or something similar, you're pretty good at being hypocritical and preaching.

Just how blind and naive ARE you? Windower has a ton of features, then all of a sudden SE implements several of the same features, albeit very gimp versions of them.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Luignata
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-05-14 11:36:33

Quote:
>.> police offer gonna arrest me for playing game that isn't mine now? i doubt that somehow

if you seriously follow every single rule in the book, your a sheep lol

can u honestly tell me u never watched a dvd that wasn't yours? or played a game with friends u didn't own?

haven't ever drunk underage?

even the best of us break rules, even if we have no idea we are breaking them.

and a lot of rules are too stupid not to break.

And every single one of them is wrong. If you get caught by law enforcement, you will have nowhere to turn. You were wrong, plain and simple. Quit trying to justify reasons to break rules to make yourself feel better.

Quote:
Nowhere in that statement did i say windower gave any sort of advantage. =) as far as your statement about the speeding ticket, yea if you go 5 miles over then you are just as bad as someone who goes 15 miles over (according to your logic anyway). ^^

The law does not see it that way. You know how I know this? Because the amount of money you pay on your ticket is dependant upon how fast you were speeding. Therefor, you’re wrong, 15 miles over is worse then 5 miles over.

Quote:
over 90% of this game uses windower, over 99% of this game uses outside sources of info for the game, therefore, maybe less than 1% of the people playing this game are playing legit. You are by no means one of them so go ahead and destroy that list of yours because are better than no one. Go play WoW and gtfo ^^ kthxbye

I respect that 1%, and acknowledge they’re better then me. However, I’m better then you cause I don’t use Windower. I’ll keep my list right where it’s at thanks, hell I’ll even move you closer to the top of the list of “People I’m better then”. I’m glad to see you’re leaving, you have yourself a wonderful weekend. (I’m off work tomorrow so it’s a weekend for me)
 Remora.Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-05-14 11:37:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
Which means... You've broken the 'law' too.
99.99999% of the population have broken some law in one form or another.
The differences between an everyday person and a convicted felon is the degree to which they break the law. You are over here preaching right and wrong like it's simply black and white. Like I said before, there is no black and white. The world only exists in shades of gray.
>>>>>I do hope that you're going to school to get a Religious major or something similar, you're pretty good at being hypocritical and preaching.<<<<<

Just how blind and naive ARE you? Windower has a ton of features, then all of a sudden SE implements several of the same features, albeit very gimp versions of them.

/cheer!!
[+]
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-05-14 11:38:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's backtrack to page 1

Jaerik said:
The irony of people arguing that Windower is cheating on a FFXIAH.com message board never ceases to amuse me.

You guys do know we're the same people, right? The core technology behind Windower, and the core technology behind FFXIAH.com, were both written by Cliff, one of our site admins. Hell, even I was around during most of the original development of Windower. (Leave it to a samurai to dream up seeing group members' TP.) The maintenance of the Windower code base has since been taken over by another development group with a slightly different ideology, but the point is the same.

Did you know that at one point, the extended macro system that Windower has now was actually a fully-featured reactive scripting system? You could automate your entire character. You could conceivably teach it how to pull, how to buff and heal your group when they needed it, how to fight mobs, even how to automatically do missions and quests, and then give those scripts to other people. I still have a copy of the prototype -- it works quite well.

Did you know that if we wanted to, we could so dramatically improve the Crafting section on FFXIAH.com that it could automatically compute the exact best personalized money-making synth for you at any moment, based off over a dozen existing market figures, day/crystal combinations, and your players' synth skills? We have the data -- it wouldn't be hard to implement.

But the scripting system for Windower was never released, and you will never see that kind of crafting functionality on FFXIAH.com.

Why not?

As per my previous post in this thread, because Terms of Service agreements are not legally binding documents, the only "rules" in FF: Online are what any given GM tells any given person on any given day. Everything else is just guidelines. But what will make SE start banning people indiscriminately is if a particular tool starts to give enough of an unfair advantage that they begin to lose subscribers over it. As such, it is our duty as 3rd party developers to make sure our tools never cross that line.

But to sit on an FFXIAH.com message board and accuse Windower users of "cheating," due to some non-existent ethical violation, is quite simply laughable.

So to support Dubont's theory, the second you open up a page to check and item sales history you have an advantage over players who don't use this site. It's the same as using windower. Which by your logic makes you a cheater.
[+]
 Asura.Slamm
By Asura.Slamm 2009-05-14 11:41:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Luignata said:

The law does not see it that way. )

go ask a judge if he can arrest u for watching your friends dvd, and watch him laugh

i been caught drinking when i was 13-17 (becomes legal at 18 here)

and buying alcohol for my brother when he was underage

what did the police do? nothing

for the buying alcohol i said prove it, they couldn't and left.

for the drinking it they just asked me and friends to leave the high street and threw a couple cans away, even tho was rly obvious we had about 100 more in our bags..

people won't arrest you for a stupid law, thats a fact nublet

btw how many people have ipods and don't have one illegal song?

like .0001% lol
[+]
 Pandemonium.Luignata
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-05-14 11:42:54

Quote:
So to support Dubont's theory, the second you open up a page to check and item sales history you have an advantage over players who don't use this site. It's the same as using windower. Which by your logic makes you a cheater.

To quote myself:

Quote:
I respect that 1%, and acknowledge they’re better then me. However, I’m better then you cause I don’t use Windower. I’ll keep my list right where it’s at thanks, hell I’ll even move you closer to the top of the list of “People I’m better then”. I’m glad to see you’re leaving, you have yourself a wonderful weekend. (I’m off work tomorrow so it’s a weekend for me)
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-14 11:43:44
Link | Quote | Reply

You all suck. If your so uppity that you want to condemn windower players for unfair advantage the gtfo off this site cause your receiving unfair advantages from 3rd pt software and being a hypocrite just makes you look like an ***. Some people will use it deal with it. Some people will use this site. Deal with it.
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-05-14 11:43:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for acknowledging that you're a cheater, Luignata. =)
[+]
 Remora.Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-05-14 11:44:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Excesspain said:
Let's backtrack to page 1

Jaerik said:
The irony of people arguing that Windower is cheating on a FFXIAH.com message board never ceases to amuse me.

You guys do know we're the same people, right? The core technology behind Windower, and the core technology behind FFXIAH.com, were both written by Cliff, one of our site admins. Hell, even I was around during most of the original development of Windower. (Leave it to a samurai to dream up seeing group members' TP.) The maintenance of the Windower code base has since been taken over by another development group with a slightly different ideology, but the point is the same.

Did you know that at one point, the extended macro system that Windower has now was actually a fully-featured reactive scripting system? You could automate your entire character. You could conceivably teach it how to pull, how to buff and heal your group when they needed it, how to fight mobs, even how to automatically do missions and quests, and then give those scripts to other people. I still have a copy of the prototype -- it works quite well.

Did you know that if we wanted to, we could so dramatically improve the Crafting section on FFXIAH.com that it could automatically compute the exact best personalized money-making synth for you at any moment, based off over a dozen existing market figures, day/crystal combinations, and your players' synth skills? We have the data -- it wouldn't be hard to implement.

But the scripting system for Windower was never released, and you will never see that kind of crafting functionality on FFXIAH.com.

Why not?

As per my previous post in this thread, because Terms of Service agreements are not legally binding documents, the only "rules" in FF: Online are what any given GM tells any given person on any given day. Everything else is just guidelines. But what will make SE start banning people indiscriminately is if a particular tool starts to give enough of an unfair advantage that they begin to lose subscribers over it. As such, it is our duty as 3rd party developers to make sure our tools never cross that line.

But to sit on an FFXIAH.com message board and accuse Windower users of "cheating," due to some non-existent ethical violation, is quite simply laughable.

/bow ty (too bad hes going to try and find some way to rebute this and justify his use of it)

also

Dubont said:
over 90% of this game uses windower, over 99% of this game uses outside sources of info for the game, therefore, maybe less than 1% of the people playing this game are playing legit. You are by no means one of them so go ahead and destroy that list of yours because are better than no one. Go play WoW and gtfo ^^ kthxbye

Quote:

Ok so you are better than me because you dont use windower? Ok well I say I'm better than you because I have more jobs leveled than you do. Valid argument? No. Is yours? No. That's just like someone saying "Hey I'm better than you because I play on xbox and use a controller with like 10 buttons but on PC you have over 40 to worry about so HA! I can use stuff faster!" Once again, not a valid argument and it just makes you look even more immature. Oh and please move me up on your "I hate you because I R nubz" list, I love being at the top of every hate page. ^^
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-05-14 11:44:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
It's the same as using windower.

You ignored that bit which contradicts your quote.

Your gear suggests you are a weak player, though skill > gear of course... if not using windower is your only claim to being better, well <_<
[+]
 Pandemonium.Luignata
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-05-14 11:45:19

Alright guys it’s about time that I take a break from the computer. All this arguing has been fun, but the simple fact remains that Windower is illegal, gives an advantage over other players that don’t have it, and being a player who doesn’t use Windower, I’m better then all those that do.

I will be back in 3 hours to pick up right off where I left. Until then, you all use whatever excuses you want to make yourselves feel better for using Windower.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-14 11:48:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Luignata said:
Alright guys it’s about time that I take a break from the computer. All this arguing has been fun, but the simple fact remains that Windower is illegal, gives an advantage over other players that don’t have it, and being a player who doesn’t use Windower, I’m better then all those that do.

Kinda full of ourselves aren't we. Well guess what I use windower with 0 plugins. Whos better now?
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-05-14 11:48:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope you don't play on the computer, wouldn't want you to have unfair advantages like being able to hit macros fractionally quicker, more convenient typing and such. Not to mention PCs don't overheat as often as other consoles and such!
[+]
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-05-14 11:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Luignata said:
Quote:

To quote myself:

Quote:

To quote you too with a minor fix...

Luignata said:
So you admit yourself that FFXIAH.com gives you an advantage over other players… that’s all I need to hear. :)

Pot calling the kettle black?
[+]
 Remora.Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-05-14 11:50:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Luignata said:

I will be back in 3 hours to pick up right off where I left. Until then, you all use whatever excuses you want to make yourselves feel better for using Windower.

lol kthxbye have fun ^^

Side note: All this "I'm better than you" *** is really starting to get on my nerves =) reminds me of highschool. I HAZ TOP GRADEZ I PWN JOO!!! So, and I think others would agree, I'm requesting that this thread be closed. I would love it if Mr. Luignata were to be suspended from the forums but then again if he were then I wouldn't be able to hear about how important I am to him. =D
[+]
 Asura.Slamm
By Asura.Slamm 2009-05-14 11:53:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Raenryong said:
I hope you don't play on the computer, wouldn't want you to have unfair advantages like being able to hit macros fractionally quicker, more convenient typing and such. Not to mention PCs don't overheat as often as other consoles and such!

lmao

im taking a break too, need to sleep for a bit, is funny how Luignata has his head so far up his *** tho, if we all followed rules blindly America would not exist in the first damn place.
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-05-14 11:57:49

Shameless bump

Commence operation: Q_Q

User submitted image

Also thank you everyone who put Luignata in his place.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-05-14 11:57:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure why people are even posting any more. Luignata obviously is set in his ways and nothing we can say will change that. People who use windower are not going to stop using it no matter what Luignata thinks is cheating. This thread has gone on way to long with nothing but "I'm right your wrong" and "nah-uh!"s. Yeesh.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-14 12:01:10
Link | Quote | Reply

OH yeah well when I play Zelda games I refuse to collect hearts. I go thru whole game with only 3. Extras are Haxor. I'm better then all you extra heart people!!! Same goes with those that use guides.
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18